PITB

Fitzgerald, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 28, 2010

Isn't it time to get rid of the board members and get intelligent, non-biased members on the board?!

Since: Nov 09

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 28, 2010

PITB wrote:
Isn't it time to get rid of the board members and get intelligent, non-biased members on the board?!
Absolutely YES!!! If you want your children to attend college, they have to graduate from an accredited high school.
labeachbum

Ocilla, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 28, 2010

Something's gotta give...or someone's gotta go!
Or some 5's gotta go!
just sayin

Montezuma, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 28, 2010

Retired educators would be appropriate board members in my opinion.
labeachbum

Ocilla, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 28, 2010

(Like everything else) usually, but not always.
wasted

Rochelle, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 28, 2010

what were the SACS results?
did coffee lose accreditation?
after the layoffs and staff reduction, coffee has 6 SIX jobs posted on the teachga.com website

“I don't believe it”

Since: Jun 08

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 28, 2010

On Friday, May 28, 2010 at 4:00 PM, the Coffee County Board of Education held a special called meeting to review the findings and recommendations of the Quality Review Team through AdvancED.

Superintendent Dr. Wilmoth read the summary from the AdvancED Monitoring Team’s report in reference to their recent visit conducted May 2-4, 2010. This report summarizes the team’s findings related to the Coffee County School District’s progress in meeting the required actions outlined in the initial report from the Quality Assurance Review Team visit March 1-4, 2009.

The Monitoring Team report indicates that the continuing accreditation of the schools in Coffee County is highly regarded and a source of pride among the community. However, the school system’s continuing accreditation is in serious jeopardy as the actions of Board members are in direct conflict with their own policies and AdvancED Accreditation Standards. Evidence reveals that the current Board has not demonstrated its ability to provide consistent, positive and effective leadership in moving the system forward. Quick and focused action must be taken to address the directives within this report.

As identified in the report, the Coffee County School District is required to submit a follow-up Institution Progress Report by September 1, 2010. The district should report the additional actions it has taken to address the recommendations of the Quality Assurance Review Team and provide documentation of such actions. A Monitoring Team will visit the Coffee County School District in October 2010 to assess their progress. The Monitoring Team has recommended that the accreditation status of Coffee County School District be changed to Probation.

The report is as follows:

COFFEE COUNTY SCHOOLS DISTRICT ACCREDITATION PROGRESS REPORT
Executive Summary

Recommendation Report
Recommendation 1 – Implement policies and procedures that provide for training the governing board to meet requirements in their roles in:
a. Board role clarification
b. Legal issues and understanding the ramifications of non-compliance
c. Team development
d. Problem solving
e. Consensus building
f. Public relations and
g. Communication

Status of Recommendation 1: In Progress-The institution is currently engaged in actions and processes but has yet to fully implement steps necessary to address and/or complete the required action.

Recommendation 2 – Recognize and preserve the executive, administrative, and leadership authority of the superintendent of schools through adherence to district protocols and chain of command.

Status of Recommendation 2: Has not addressed-The institution has not taken any action at this time.

Recommendation 3 – Ensure consistent compliance with applicable local, state and federal laws, standards and regulations.

Status of Recommendation 3: Has not addressed- The institution has not taken any action at this time.

Recommendation 4 – Ensure that the board and superintendent adhere to Robert’s Rules of Order and the guidelines of Open Meetings Act.

Status of Recommendation 4: Has not addressed- The institution has not taken any action at this time.

Recommendation 5 – Actively recruit and hire certificated teachers and administrators whose ethnicity mirrors that of the school system population.

Status of Recommendation 5: Completed-All necessary and appropriate actions have been taken and evaluated. The institution has documented evidence that supports fulfillment of the recommendation.

The Coffee County School District will be expected to submit a follow-up Institution Progress Report by September 1, 2010. The district will report the additional actions it has taken to address the recommendations of the Quality Assurance Review Team and will provide documentation of such actions. A Monitoring Team will visit the Coffee County School District in October 2010 to assess their progress
Do What

Sycamore, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 28, 2010

just sayin wrote:
You have one on the board now! I don't think you need four more like him..........

Since: May 10

Rebecca, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 28, 2010

They at least all need to be educated themselves. What degrees do any of them hold? Billy Cliett is a former teacher and principal so he has at least a Bachelors most likely an administrative degree. What about the others? Does anyone know?
labeachbum

Ocilla, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 28, 2010

Good question.

Flowery Branch, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 28, 2010

Opinionated Single Mom wrote:
They at least all need to be educated themselves. What degrees do any of them hold? Billy Cliett is a former teacher and principal so he has at least a Bachelors most likely an administrative degree. What about the others? Does anyone know?
Only Cliett has education beyond high school. The thing about education is that it is more than dollars and cents; it is about the future of our community......our children. It would be very unfortunate for our community to suffer because of a few nuckleheads! The needs of the many out weigh the needs of a few. Do not punish the "boots on the ground" (our teachers) so a few of the top heavy central office staff can keep their jobs!
Keeping Notes

Sycamore, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 28, 2010

Opinionated Single Mom wrote:
College degrees don't make them brilliant.
OBAMA is educated and a fool!!!
If I recall Cliett's first day on the job as a board member he sold out to RJ and voted to rename the 9th grade academy. What was his prize? Chairman on his first day on the job!
WAY TO GO!!!!!!
PITB

Fitzgerald, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 29, 2010

Correct -- college degrees doesn't make a person intelligent. If you really knew what BC did as an administrator, you surely would not want him as a board member. He had a lot of axes to grind.
Which board member was it who charged something to the bus barn, thinking he would get away with paying for it. When he got caught, he paid! Isn't this a violation of something?

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 29, 2010

just sayin wrote:
I completely agree.
Shadow

Fitzgerald, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 29, 2010

if College degrees don't make them smart, I guess Ronnie's GED doesn't make him dumb
Marti

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 29, 2010

David_Banner wrote:
<quoted text>
I completely agree.
It's always good to allow the foxes to watch the hen house.
Dark Shadow

Lenox, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 29, 2010

Shadow wrote:
if College degrees don't make them smart, I guess Ronnie's GED doesn't make him dumb
I call BS on that one. There is no way he could ever pass that test.
Amazed

Flowery Branch, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 29, 2010

Keeping notes - your racist remark towards President Obama are uncalled for. This is about this Board and this town filled with other ignorant people like you. For the record, the majority of President Obama first initiatives were left overs from President Bush and I did hear many complaints then.

Stay on topic. If you fire all Board members and some county executives that will send a clear message that Douglas expects integrity and a solid education.
AmbroseNative

Smyrna, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 29, 2010

All five (5) board members need to "man up" and resign. This would allow for a total fresh start for the board. It would show that these five (5) men do not want to be stumbling blocks for education in Coffee County.
Keeping Notes

Sycamore, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 29, 2010

Amazed wrote:
Keeping notes - your racist remark towards President Obama are uncalled for. This is about this Board and this town filled with other ignorant people like you. For the record, the majority of President Obama first initiatives were left overs from President Bush and I did hear many complaints then.
Stay on topic. If you fire all Board members and some county executives that will send a clear message that Douglas expects integrity and a solid education.
Don't call me a racist! He is a fool I don't care what color he is. I think you are pretty ignorant yourself and I sure don't know your color but I recognize your stupidity. By the way I didn't like Bush either.
Now you get back on topic also. Cliett did meet with Johnson and Chaney and backdoored the renaming of the 9th grade academy and I don't care if they had wanted to name it for Ronald Reagan it was still done illegally at taxpayers expense!

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 1 - 20 of105
< prev page
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

45 Users are viewing the Douglas Forum right now

Search the Douglas Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
rat terrier 33 min cp 3
USA not a Democracy (unsurprisingly) 45 min Snickers 1
trying to downgrade a good man! 48 min Math Teacher 47
Busted Knuckles is a rip off. CUSTOMERS BEWARE!... 49 min VERY UNSATISFIED customer 12
Douglas 1 hr thewalrusguy 28
computer guy needed 1 hr computer guy 17
Coffee Baseball (Jul '13) 2 hr Be honest 44
•••
•••
•••
•••

Douglas Jobs

•••
•••
•••

Douglas People Search