Unadilla, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 8, 2012

Judged:

you have to insert 25 cents to use the buggy at save a lot...its the not the quarter that offends me..but i dont want to shop where they cant trust me with the buggy..
XXX

Lees Summit, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 8, 2012

Judged:

lil baby wrote:
you have to insert 25 cents to use the buggy at save a lot...its the not the quarter that offends me..but i dont want to shop where they cant trust me with the buggy..
Then don't go back.
Me Too

Fitzgerald, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 8, 2012

When did they put that in?
Buggy whip

Norman Park, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 8, 2012

Judged:

lil baby wrote:
you have to insert 25 cents to use the buggy at save a lot...its the not the quarter that offends me..but i dont want to shop where they cant trust me with the buggy.
lil baby: I think it is a great idea they have. More parking available because some lazy people won't return the buggy to the proper place. No buggies hitting your vehicle where people let them roll away into your vehicle. And best of all if YOU are to lazy to put your buggy up plenty of kids will return them for you to get the quarter. I first saw this at a Wal Mart in Alberquere, New Mexico about 15 years ago and their parking lot was clear. I hope the Wal-Mart in Douglas soon follows suit and installs the quarter lock onn their buggies too.....
news to me

Fitzgerald, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 8, 2012

lil baby wrote:
The shopping buggies?

“Southern Conservative”

Since: Jun 12

Douglas, Ga

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 8, 2012

Judged:

Carry the buggy back when you are finished and you get your quarter back.
lil baby

Unadilla, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 8, 2012

XXX wrote:
<quoted text>Then don't go back.
get off of here butt paste....
Statesboro Blues

Lees Summit, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 8, 2012

Judged:

lil baby wrote:
<quoted text>get off of here butt paste....
Oh my you are a lil baby,sounds like you got your crusty little pants up in a big ole wad.Someone needs to change your dirty diaper,give you a warm bottle and put you down to go night-night.HA-HA-HA Damn that's some kind of funny S#IT you big ole cry baby.
my two cents

Perry, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 8, 2012

I like the idea, my biggest problem may be that I don't have a quarter on me.
Hate those warped buggies

Douglas, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 8, 2012

I love this idea! One of my pet peeves is when Wal-mart shoppers won't walk even 10 feet to the buggy return. Maybe if Wal-mart did this, they would buy some new buggies and not worry about cars hitting them and messing them up.
lil baby

Unadilla, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 8, 2012

Statesboro Blues wrote:
<quoted text>Oh my you are a lil baby,sounds like you got your crusty little pants up in a big ole wad.Someone needs to change your dirty diaper,give you a warm bottle and put you down to go night-night.HA-HA-HA Damn that's some kind of funny S#IT you big ole cry baby.
how did u know...that warm bottle part sounds real good..
wow

Douglas, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 8, 2012

Judged:

Sounds like a great idea. Hope all stores do this. I'm tired of having to get out of my car to move a buggy that some lazy person left just so that I can park.

The only people who have an excuse not to return a buggy are a mother with an extremely small baby or elderly
Broxton Rocks

Douglas, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 8, 2012

Judged:

This is great. I love the concept. No more carts scattered around the parking lot. If you do not like it, then leave your quarter in the buggy for me.
unknown

Douglas, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 8, 2012

I really wished Walmart would do this just like Save A Lot then maybe you could get a parking space without buggies in the way or you having to get out and move buggies out of your way so you can park and maybe they wouldn't be all over the parking lot where they would roll into your car.
Anonymouse

Ashburn, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 9, 2012

Judged:

The reason I like the system is because it saves me money. I don't carry cash, not even a quarter on me. When I go in to shop I only get what I can carry in my arms. That leaves no room for impulse buys since I can only carry what I need. Not surprisingly, that saves me a lot.
Hopeless in Douglas

Douglas, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 9, 2012

Judged:

my two cents wrote:
I like the idea, my biggest problem may be that I don't have a quarter on me.
I would be the same way, but I could learn to always keep a couple of quarters on hand. Kind of like those folks who live near toll roads always have some change on hand. Since nobody around here is going to help you to the car with your groceries, I think it's a great idea, Harvey's included.

“Play it again, Sam.”

Since: Oct 11

Casablanca

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 9, 2012

Judged:

Most Save-A-Lot grocery stores across the county have the 25 cent shopping cart system.

They do this because it cuts down costs of having to purchase new carts because of people not being responsible and leaving them hanging about to get run over, it also cuts down costs of having to pay someone (like at Walmart) to go fetch the carts every hour or so.

The first Save-A-Lot I ever shopped at was in Sierra Vista Arizona about 11 years ago. There, they didn't even bag your groceries. You brought your own bags or boxes and bagged your own. They gave the option to purchase paper or plastic bags if you choose.. otherwise it was useful in cutting down costs to the shopper and the store.
I wish they would add that feature here as well.

Grocery stores who implement these kinds of features do so to cut down prices for the shopper, so they keep coming back...and it's a grand idea.
simple

Douglas, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 9, 2012

Judged:

Who cares? It's only an inconvenience if you don't have a quarter handy. IT's a smart idea. People also steals shopping cars, why I can't fathom. You DO get your quarter back so idc, just wished I'd of invented the lil quarter slot thingy! Somebody got paid for that idea!
what

Douglas, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 9, 2012

Judged:

Can you read the sign? You get the quarter back. Also if you don't have one, then keep one in the console of your car. How hard is it to find a quarter? I went shopping there last week and this woman tried to talk an old man into getting his cart before he returned it. She kept saying," Hey Ill take you cart?" She followed him all the way up the store and I guess since he didn't give it to her. I saw her a few min later driving the handicap cart around. I looked at her and thought well hell I guess if your cant read, you must be handicapped. Holy cow, its not hard to find a quarter.
metwo

Unadilla, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 9, 2012

Judged:

simple wrote:
Who cares? It's only an inconvenience if you don't have a quarter handy. IT's a smart idea. People also steals shopping cars, why I can't fathom. You DO get your quarter back so idc, just wished I'd of invented the lil quarter slot thingy! Somebody got paid for that idea!
sometimes i dont have change and if i did i have a small baby and disable grand daughter ...its harder...seems small to some but i just wont shop there anymore...i like to shop where they trust me with the buggy...next they will put locks on the food until you pay for it.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 1 - 20 of50
< prev page
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

46 Users are viewing the Douglas Forum right now

Search the Douglas Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
GA Who do you support for U.S. Senate in Georgia i... (Oct '10) 15 min Aggie23 39,457
trying to downgrade a good man! 30 min Gun Runner 70
Have you seen Weston Blake White? 52 min ConcernedCitizen 3
constance 6 hr curious 1
stephanie 6 hr Stephanie 6
olive garden/red lobster opened anyone been (Sep '12) 7 hr Huh 4
obama 10 hr bubba 21
•••
•••
•••
Douglas Dating

more search filters

less search filters