where are u moving from in town???
local guy

Vilonia, AR

#63 Jun 26, 2013
You can send semoghosthuntersgroup@yahoo.co m
Information

Greenbrier, AR

#64 Jun 26, 2013
Where Ederer's Insurance Office was at one time a funeral home. Forgot just owned it but it was before Edwards. Think Edwards may have bought it.
Come to think of it I believe it was called "Means Funeral Home.
masonic lodge

Perryville, AR

#65 Jun 26, 2013
I believe the building you are referring to was originally the Masonic lodge not a funeral home. If you look at the building you can still see the Masonic symbols still on it
Information

Greenbrier, AR

#67 Jun 26, 2013
The Masonic lodge was upstairs and over the next office. Ederer's is on the corner by the alley. As for the other building is was across the street from what was the Church of Christ just above the car lot and use to be Thompson's Dairy Queen back in the 50's. That was a funeral home downstairs and Edward's lived upstairs until they moved to where it's located now.
masonic lodge

Perryville, AR

#68 Jun 26, 2013
Information wrote:
The Masonic lodge was upstairs and over the next office. Ederer's is on the corner by the alley. As for the other building is was across the street from what was the Church of Christ just above the car lot and use to be Thompson's Dairy Queen back in the 50's. That was a funeral home downstairs and Edward's lived upstairs until they moved to where it's located now.
Oh ok, I enjoy learning the history whenever I can. Not many people left around that remember and even less that care to learn. Thank you for sharing
WRONG AGAIN

Greenbrier, AR

#69 Jun 26, 2013
providence09 wrote:
I heard the big white building that sets on the corner of Walnut and the street that the library is on was a funeral home at some point. Is that true?
Yes, it used to be a funeral home.
Cthulu

Quitman, AR

#70 Jun 26, 2013
There's a parking lot across the street from Edwards Funeral Home. There use to be an older white house there with a somewhat wrap around porch on it. now it's just a small parking lot. But way back in the day my family and I lived there in the house and I was quite young...maybe 3-4 yrs old but that house was haunted for sure. Not sure if there would be any activity nowdays with the home being gone but it was most definately haunted, I distinctly remember daily interactions I had with an almost smoky figure that was child sized, It was like a friend. My family remembered it as well and would hear me every day talking to it in my room. They saw it as well, but I apparently was the only one who actually had any real contact with it.
ripley squatter

Greenbrier, AR

#72 Jun 26, 2013
That church is simply a church of JESUS. They concreted the windows shut because vandals kept breaking them. What about the house that used to be behind Quick Connection?
QueenCityPR

Quitman, AR

#73 Jun 27, 2013
I was the founder and lead investigator of a paranormal research group for many years in the Springfield area and investigated many reported haunted locations, homes businesses and public places. Almost 97% of the time there is a reasonable scientific explanation for "hauntings" or paranormal activity. And never in all of my years of research in the field did I encounter something that I felt was dangerous or to be feared. It is always frightening to have an unexpected encounter with real paranormal activity but rarely if ever is it something to be feared.
So for those of you experiencing true paranormal activity in your homes, take a moment and calm yourself and realize whatever is haunting you or your home is trying to either tell you something and is having difficulty communicating it's message or is simply what is known as a "residual haunting" and it is not aware of you and is simply repeating past events, similar to a movie reel.
If anyone out there is seeking advice or answers concerning real paranormal activity I would be happy to correspond with you and have a wealth of experience and knowledge on the subject. Feel free to email me Veruka1973@gmail.com
sawit

Ravenden, AR

#75 Nov 26, 2013
The Ripley County Library is haunted. I was there with my husband one afternoon and just started feeling a little strange. I figured it was because I was by myself (my husband was sitting in another area reading) in an old building and it was so quiet. I walked over and asked my husband if he was ready to leave and he asked that I wait a minute for him to look for a certain book. I walked back to the area with him that I'd just come from and as he was standing there thumbing through a book, one flew off the shelf at the end of the row he was in. Then, another flew off the shelf a little closer. Then another, almost right in front of him. A total of three books were laying in the aisle and each had been pulled off at about shoulder heighth (about 5 ft from the floor). We were actually amazed and checked to see if the books' subjects had anything in common that might be of significance. They all seemed like random titles. We decided not to stay much longer, but I always wanted to go back and hang out in there for a while, just to see if something would happen again. Unfortunately I live in another state now, so I haven't made it back there yet.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 4
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Doniphan Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
jailbirds 5 hr curious 1
scam artist at work!! 17 hr Lol 2
Sarah Youngblood 18 hr exhausted 12
wreck in front of Jerry's Sporting Goods. 19 hr Enquiring Mind 1
missing our dogs 20 hr dawg 4
Door to Door Meat Salesman? (Sep '13) Sat IIIIIIIIII can 21
The Keenes property being broke into. Sat Tracy 5
Doniphan Dating
Find my Match

Doniphan People Search