thunder city speedway

Posted in the Doniphan Forum

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
HAPPY FAN

Bolivar, MO

#1 Mar 27, 2011
Today was the first practice of the year. Was so happy.
About 20 cars showed up. Track is bigger and better.
First race is April 2, NEXT SATURDAY!!!

CAN'T WAIT. Hope you all come out and watch some great racing action.
guest

Poplar Bluff, MO

#2 Mar 27, 2011
I thought the first race was last night! Would have loved to come and watched if I would have known that the date had been changed! Great job Rick and team! We will be there soon to support the track!
Curious

Independence, KS

#3 Mar 27, 2011
How much does it cost to go watch? Do you have to bring your own chair? Can you get refreshments there, are do you have to bring them yourself? Somebody please give me some details.

I can hear the races from my house and would like to come and see the action.

Thanks
RACE FAN

Bolivar, MO

#4 Mar 28, 2011
Curious wrote:
How much does it cost to go watch? Do you have to bring your own chair? Can you get refreshments there, are do you have to bring them yourself? Somebody please give me some details.
I can hear the races from my house and would like to come and see the action.
Thanks
The first race of the season will be this coming Saturday night, April 2.
The cost, if it hasn't gone up is $7.00 for adults and $4.00 under 12.
They have a decent concession stand. Hot dogs, hamburgers, things like that. Soda, and water.
There are great bleachers, with adequate seating and decent parking.
You can go to their website: WWW.THUNDERCITYSPEEDWAY.COM , for more information.
They have enlarged the track again and made some more improvements.
My grandson and I have only missed 3 or 4 races in the 3 years the track has been open.
There are some awesome races every week.

Hope to see you out there this weekend.

GREAT FAMILY FUN. Where else could you go and have a great night for only $7 admission?
Curious

Independence, KS

#5 Mar 28, 2011
Thank you Race Fan. You just might hear me cheering from the other end of the bleachers.
happy fan race fan

Bolivar, MO

#6 Mar 29, 2011
Curious wrote:
Thank you Race Fan. You just might hear me cheering from the other end of the bleachers.
come join me and my grandson. we ALWAYS sit right in front of the announcers stand. glad to have you.
News

Quitman, AR

#7 Mar 31, 2011
btt
Racnut88

Bolivar, MO

#8 Apr 29, 2011
Racing the 30th of April at 730 pm
Ray

Evening Shade, AR

#9 May 1, 2011
A race track like this is real true racing for the fans. A track like this can't be beat, people go there and folks are nice and they have fun. I am an old timer and was around for the old days of stock car racing, I watched Hooker Hood race at Cottonwood Point and Memphis. I remember going to Alabama to the races and meeting some of the top drivers back when they were humans, not billboards that belong to a team that is all about money. That was back before people tried to out money each other. The only true racing left is the little tracks and we are lucky they put this one in.
fan

Searcy, AR

#10 May 1, 2011
where is it at when is the next race
just me

Vilonia, AR

#11 May 3, 2011
fan wrote:
where is it at when is the next race
from hwy21 south, take A hwy. go 3 miles. it is on your right. you can not miss it. they have a small race car sitting up in the air.
the next race SHOULD, be this coming saturday at 7:00 pm.
for more information, go to their website. www.thundercityspeedway.com
greedy

Watertown, WI

#12 Aug 7, 2011
To all the racers at the speedway_
Has anyone else noticed that the past for placing is just rediculous? I raced one night and there were not many cars at all. Got paid... then the next wk I raced with more cars there and was paid less. What he is doing out there is wrong. The set price for winning is never met! I recently tried the bluffs track and got paid more for fourth there then first at doniphan. And the bluff had less cars! If rick doesn't step it up and do right then I would hope all the racers wouod stick together and not race or something for a wk, let him lose some money to see how we feel, and then maybe he wouldn't be so damn greedy. Greed will get you no where! I'm not saying I don't like it there or rick but when it comes to doing the sport we all love and we all get screwed I don't think its right not one bit.
greedy

Watertown, WI

#13 Aug 7, 2011
I meant pay for racing.
Do not Understand

Sheridan, AR

#14 Aug 8, 2011
I don't understand why you would write a comment on Topix for pete sakes....Go to Rick and let him know your concern..Topix gets you no where....
Brett

Gillespie, IL

#15 Aug 8, 2011
HAPPY FAN wrote:
Today was the first practice of the year. Was so happy.
About 20 cars showed up. Track is bigger and better.
First race is April 2, NEXT SATURDAY!!!
CAN'T WAIT. Hope you all come out and watch some great racing action.
Hurry yes cant wait!
you are greedy

Quitman, AR

#16 Aug 9, 2011
that is probably why you won because there werent many cars or maybe you could finally finnish a race.
greedy wrote:
To all the racers at the speedway_
Has anyone else noticed that the past for placing is just rediculous? I raced one night and there were not many cars at all. Got paid... then the next wk I raced with more cars there and was paid less. What he is doing out there is wrong. The set price for winning is never met! I recently tried the bluffs track and got paid more for fourth there then first at doniphan. And the bluff had less cars! If rick doesn't step it up and do right then I would hope all the racers wouod stick together and not race or something for a wk, let him lose some money to see how we feel, and then maybe he wouldn't be so damn greedy. Greed will get you no where! I'm not saying I don't like it there or rick but when it comes to doing the sport we all love and we all get screwed I don't think its right not one bit.
RickDonnell

Enola, AR

#17 Aug 10, 2011
greedy wrote:
To all the racers at the speedway_
Has anyone else noticed that the past for placing is just rediculous? I raced one night and there were not many cars at all. Got paid... then the next wk I raced with more cars there and was paid less. What he is doing out there is wrong. The set price for winning is never met! I recently tried the bluffs track and got paid more for fourth there then first at doniphan. And the bluff had less cars! If rick doesn't step it up and do right then I would hope all the racers wouod stick together and not race or something for a wk, let him lose some money to see how we feel, and then maybe he wouldn't be so damn greedy. Greed will get you no where! I'm not saying I don't like it there or rick but when it comes to doing the sport we all love and we all get screwed I don't think its right not one bit.
If you had any idea what you are talking about...

First of all the money is based on not only car count but people in pit count
2 PB is finacially Backed as a right off from what i`ve heard so money is not an issue
3 if you had any idea of what it is costing to operate you would know to keep you PIE HOLE shut!!
4 since you have found you way to PB find you way back
Ray

Mountain Home, AR

#18 Aug 11, 2011
I would say if people don't like the track, don't go there. Simple!
wtf

Enola, AR

#19 Aug 11, 2011
Do they have funnel cakes with powdered sugar?
twofcdpplsuk

Poplar Bluff, MO

#20 Aug 14, 2011
Im not a racing genius,so i have a question,,,,Was is the payout for being lapped??????????

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Doniphan Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
MO Who do you support for U.S. Senate in Missouri ... (Oct '10) 2 hr Yellow Dawg Democrat 97,288
MO Ferguson Police Are Being Relieved Of Their Dut... 16 hr Foster 3,191
MO Ferguson Police Chief Just Shocked Everyone Wit... 17 hr Go Blue Forever 590
usa 22 hr Developer 10
Sting Operations on Current River Tue Truthful 10
josh sweet (Dec '08) Mon jasons wife 30
MO Powerful Photos Blast The Media's Portrayal Of ... Mon FyI 304

Doniphan Jobs

Doniphan People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Doniphan News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Doniphan

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]