Police say retaliation motive in teen's death

Full story: Post-Tribune 34
A woman was so upset a group of teens had fought with her brother at a high school football game and later fired shots at her mother's home, she shot a Hammond teen dead Saturday night after driving around south suburban Calumet City, Ill., in search of the group, police said. Full Story
First Prev
of 2
Next Last
stand down

United States

#21 Sep 4, 2011
Its might funny how it seems like low key u wished death on him well he's gone u need to watch wat u wish for cause just like that happend to him it can happen to u well anyway there's no angels out here it takes time to grow up and grow out of stages and that's for eveybody but that wicked girl didn't give him a chance to grow up and change his life but he's in a better place but u to damn grown to be stating theses dum ass opinion grow the fuck up and stay out of kids shit just like she got involved and look she took a life and now her life is gone now she bout to be somebody bitch cause her life is over that's some dum shit now she coming back down off that peel and relizing she did the most dumest shit now she done woke up and smelled the coffee behind bars
stand down

United States

#22 Sep 4, 2011
Sooner or later u should be ashamed of your self......
Sooner or later

Chicago, IL

#23 Sep 4, 2011
Live by the Sword wrote:
<quoted text>
Someone with some sense took it down..........Probably the prosecution. Oh well
its still there,I just showed someone today! its called can't fight. click on his videos at the top of his page
Sooner or later

Chicago, IL

#24 Sep 4, 2011
stand down wrote:
Sooner or later u should be ashamed of your self......
why should I????? you should! for one you didn't know him and I did! I've known that boy since he was five years old! from age 5-18 he did nothing but go from bad to worse! he could not, would not or even try change!!!! time and time again I would see or hear about him getting in trouble. his mother sent him out of town once to keep him from getting killed because some "GROWN" men were looking for him for breaking into there house and selling items to the people on the man's block !!!!!! how bold is that?????????? he didn't care who knew what he was doing or what he was about to do!!!! he didn't respect anyone, young or old. not even the police!!! wtf? so how dare you go there with me on something you no nothing about!!!! I've tried over and over with him! I even tried to help him get a job, but he chose to sell drugs instead!!
Sooner or later

Chicago, IL

#25 Sep 4, 2011
stand down wrote:
Its might funny how it seems like low key u wished death on him well he's gone u need to watch wat u wish for cause just like that happend to him it can happen to u well anyway there's no angels out here it takes time to grow up and grow out of stages and that's for eveybody but that wicked girl didn't give him a chance to grow up and change his life but he's in a better place but u to damn grown to be stating theses dum ass opinion grow the fuck up and stay out of kids shit just like she got involved and look she took a life and now her life is gone now she bout to be somebody bitch cause her life is over that's some dum shit now she coming back down off that peel and relizing she did the most dumest shit now she done woke up and smelled the coffee behind bars
maybe if him and some of his gang (BMV) jumped on one of your children or relatives for nothing like he often did, and gave them a pumpkin head ( THATS A BEAT DOWN FOR NO REASON, JUST BECAUSE) then you just might be singing a different tune!! or maybe not? you seem to think he was just doing KID stuff! well I wonder what he did with his "ADULT" gun he used to shoot at some Hispanic guys a few months ago????? Oh,maybe he gave it to some other kids so they could do more kid stuff huh? look, some people just can't be fixed! they just stay broken and try to break everything around them if you let them!
Sooner or later

Chicago, IL

#26 Sep 4, 2011
Washingtonian wrote:
<quoted text>
So it's not "Duh?" after all.
its very dumb to post pictures and videos of yourself doing bad things which he did, the pic and the video are still there, you can't delete things on someone else face book page with out the password,I presume he's was the only one who knew it because everything is still there, unless some hacker gets wind of it, even then why bother?
Washingtonian

Chicago, IL

#27 Sep 5, 2011
Sooner or later wrote:
<quoted text>its very dumb to post pictures and videos of yourself doing bad things which he did, the pic and the video are still there, you can't delete things on someone else face book page with out the password,I presume he's was the only one who knew it because everything is still there, unless some hacker gets wind of it, even then why bother?
You don't need someone's password if they set it to automatically come up when you type in their username. I don't think people disagree and are saying all that "He was a good boy" stuff but there is a way to do and say most things and the way you seem to be going about it is kind of nasty and without decency. Notice that people keep making comments towards you. I don't have a problem with you. I just thought the whole "duh?" thing was mean when you're telling everybody about a video and someone asks you how to see it. For all you know that could be some 65 yr old man/woman that don't know Facebook...just like I told you I've been on people FB pages without knowing their passwords. If you act like that, don't be surprised how people are responding to you.
Washingtonian

Chicago, IL

#28 Sep 5, 2011
stand down wrote:
Sooner or later u should be ashamed of your self......
After reading what you wrote, you should be ashamed of yourself. You want to whine about the girl who killed him being wicked but then say he needed time to change his life around. From what people are saying, if it's true, he was a wicked boy. Get off the nonsense. We're not happy he's dead but to take up for him when people are saying he's shooting at people and robbing people etc....well his end was of his own doing and no matter what we say we aren't responsible for his poor choices. Hopefully his friends learn so they don't end up like him b/c this boy died for nothing and over nothing. These kids are growing up in the suburbs and want to prove something to everybody by making us relive being in the hood. There's a reason we all left the city! I don't agree with everything from Sooner Or Later but after reading that stuff you wrote...I think you're the one that should be ashamed.
stand down

United States

#29 Sep 6, 2011
Who are to predict somebody to say it wasn't no changing his life look at judge mathis it took him to do jail time to change his life around who are u to judge and to judge a dead man you have to be sickly and miserable ....and goofy I mean washington go jump in the lake cause both of y'all sound dum as look I personally knew him to and yes he was a gangbanger doesn't mean that make him right but I no for damn sure he didn't have nothing to do wit that fight he got killed ova but I guess he soooo bad cause he go against the other gangbangers and win he soooo bad but when he lose its ok and they not bad u gotta relize thats life its about how u grow up and its up to u to change yo life he just didn't get a chance u can't predict somebody life u ain't god yo shit probably stink and as far as I see its people who get away wit murder god made sure that devil didn't Get far a life for alife plus she got five attempt murders shooting at kids I have no sympathy
stand down

United States

#30 Sep 6, 2011
Aw by the way I'm not going back and fowards wit u guys let him R.I.P be grown about the situation and let shit go aw I forgot y'all happy he dead so u would go back and fowards well R.I.P dvonte \turtle aka boo man your are turely missed and never forgotten loveya boo y'all need jesus in y'all life ima pray for yall
Washingtonian

Chicago, IL

#31 Sep 13, 2011
stand down wrote:
Who are to predict somebody to say it wasn't no changing his life look at judge mathis it took him to do jail time to change his life around who are u to judge and to judge a dead man you have to be sickly and miserable ....and goofy I mean washington go jump in the lake cause both of y'all sound dum as look I personally knew him to and yes he was a gangbanger doesn't mean that make him right but I no for damn sure he didn't have nothing to do wit that fight he got killed ova but I guess he soooo bad cause he go against the other gangbangers and win he soooo bad but when he lose its ok and they not bad u gotta relize thats life its about how u grow up and its up to u to change yo life he just didn't get a chance u can't predict somebody life u ain't god yo shit probably stink and as far as I see its people who get away wit murder god made sure that devil didn't Get far a life for alife plus she got five attempt murders shooting at kids I have no sympathy
I can barely read or understand what you're trying to say and that may be why you got the impression I said things which I didn't. I didn't say he wasn't trying to change his life. I never said that what happened to him was okay either. What I think is sad is that he's dead and now she's going to be in prison for years. Both families lost. I think the real shame is that people are defending this boy when they know that he led a troubled life that usually leads to death or jail. Now we want to act like his lifestyle had nothing to do with him getting killed. I saw his Youtube video and I heard his rap song about robbing people. Either you're against nonsense or you're not. You want to say he was trying to do this or that as if it changes how he treated people. Both of them were wrong and now both of them have suffered as a result.
James

Gary, IN

#32 Sep 14, 2011
Didnt they do a drive by on the girls families house first? If so they could of killed someone then... and maybe tried another time... There are street rules u live and die by the gun, if you use one expect one to be used on you... its a sad but fair trade when you live by the street code... life is too short to fight or bs... kids need better raising from thier families and if not move them to a better place... you become a product of your enviornment... we have a lack of role models in our society and just wish more would step up to be a shining example what can happen if you just hang in there to do the right thing...

Locs
God_Has The Last Word

Brooklyn, NY

#33 Dec 6, 2011
This is 2 the one who said put your feet in her shoes. What you wrote was wrong.
God don't discriminate against no man or woman. Ok he was hard headed and disrespectful but she had no right to do such a crime like that. Especially bein the Age 32 where the fuck is your Morals @?? Now who she gone blame when the shit happens 2 one of her kids??? If she was any type of woman she would have Contacted the parent and or Police or took her soon to his house 4 a re match like back in the day. You LOOSE SOME YOU WIN SOME but LIVE 2 C ANOTHER DAY THAT'S ALL THAT MATTERS.this woman needs llife in JAIL NO PAROLE. NOW SOMEONES HURTING BECAUSE SHE CAN'T HAVE HER BABY BACK..AND HIS SIBLINGS WILL NEVER HAVE THEY BROTHER BACK AUNTIS AND UNCLE WILL NEVER C THERE NEPHEW. SMH I DON'T KNOW THIS BOY BUT ITS REALL TOUCHING MY HEART AND MY CONDOLENCES GOES OUT 2 HIS FAMILY AND FRIENDS
midloguy 30

Midlothian, IL

#34 Dec 6, 2011
Washingtonian wrote:
<quoted text>
After reading what you wrote, you should be ashamed of yourself. You want to whine about the girl who killed him being wicked but then say he needed time to change his life around. From what people are saying, if it's true, he was a wicked boy. Get off the nonsense. We're not happy he's dead but to take up for him when people are saying he's shooting at people and robbing people etc....well his end was of his own doing and no matter what we say we aren't responsible for his poor choices. Hopefully his friends learn so they don't end up like him b/c this boy died for nothing and over nothing. These kids are growing up in the suburbs and want to prove something to everybody by making us relive being in the hood. There's a reason we all left the city! I don't agree with everything from Sooner Or Later but after reading that stuff you wrote...I think you're the one that should be ashamed.
Washington

Know this..Dolton and the surrounding towns are the ghetto. The postings of daily shootings are the evidence.

And why don't you elaborate on why you all left the city?
Why were you a "coward" a leave your neighborhood..Were you perhaps trying to get away from the crime which comes with black culture? You chastised me just yesterday on this same matter, but you left an incomplete statement in this thread which points in the same direction...Is the pot calling the kettle black?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Dolton Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Have no idea who was behind the idea... 1 hr Work If You Can G... 3
Midlo.Park District 2 Commissioners Up for Re-e... 1 hr Back To the Commi... 47
Trustees 9 hr Best Loved Big Bands 46
Bengal Football.., 11 hr Toke Forest 64
what is your platform? 14 hr hells kitchen 40
The BIIPS Have REEKED HAVOC on the Lives of Blu... 14 hr another shell game 16
Underage high school drinking 19 hr Toke Forest 40
Dolton Dating
Find my Match

Dolton People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Dolton News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Dolton

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]

NFL Latest News

Updated 4:52 pm PST

Bleacher Report 4:52PM
Takeaways from Bears' Win vs. Bucs
NBC Sports12:53 AM
Colts seeking improvement after beating Jags 23-3 - NBC Sports
Bleacher Report 1:28 AM
Hilton's Big Day Highlights Colts' Transition at WR
NBC Sports 3:20 AM
Between the touchdown and the new daughter, T.Y. Hilton had quite a Sunday
NFL 6:34 AM
Matt Forte: Coaches told us we played 'worst half'