Trayvon Martin Shooting Death Sparks Outrage on Social Media

Mar 22, 2012 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: Wall Street Journal

Social media has put the spotlight on the story Trayvon Martin , an unarmed African-American teenager who was shot to death last month by a neighborhood watch captain in Florida.

Comments
29,121 - 29,140 of 65,600 Comments Last updated 1 hr ago
Yeah

Honolulu, HI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 23, 2012

Judged:

And so the fear spreads....

"George Zimmerman Defense to Shut Down Facebook Page
Aug. 23, 2012
Jeff Weiner

George Zimmerman's defense team on Wednesday announced it would de-activate its official Facebook page, citing concerns about moderating the comments left there by visitors.

"Every post made on Facebook becomes an open thread where anyone on the site can comment, and comments inevitably lead to conversations about evidence and speculation about guilt or innocence," the defense team said on its blog, which will remain active. "This type of conversation is a natural part of discourse, and there are plenty of places on the Internet where it is appropriate for this to happen, but it need not happen on a page hosted by the defense."

The blog post goes on to explain that the "biggest challenge" of the Facebook page is that the defense "cannot post without allowing comments."

"With comments active, each thread becomes a discussion forum. While we are not responsible for the comments people leave on our page, because we have the ability to delete comments, what we choose not to delete reflects on the defense team. Since we can ban users from posting on the page, who we choose not to ban reflects on the defense team. Admittedly, it does not always reflect well, and that is a concern for the defense," the blog post stated.

However, the defense team said the Facebook page has helped to achieve several of its goals in using social media: "discrediting and eliminating fraudulent websites and social profiles" -- which were common months ago, as the case gained national attention-- "providing a forum for communication" and "acknowledging the larger significance of the case." ..."
Beulah Ballbracker

Buffalo, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 23, 2012

Judged:

Hurricane Party!

http://www.youtube.com/watch...
Inspector Bob

Buffalo, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 23, 2012

Just dropped in to inspect the crops.

Spot check!
Rebel Rosie

Brooksville, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 23, 2012

Judged:

Beulah Ballbracker wrote:
Not at my party!!
Rory Calhoun

Buffalo, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 23, 2012

Judged:

Rebel Rosie wrote:
<quoted text>

Not at my party!!
Hey Rosie!

Check out this flick!

It's a cult classic!

LOL.

“Stuffs gettin better ”

Since: Aug 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 23, 2012

Judged:

"Stuff's gettin better"
Known serial rapist keynote speaker at DNC.
Rebel Rosie

Brooksville, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 23, 2012

Judged:

Rory Calhoun wrote:
<quoted text>
Hey Rosie!
Check out this flick!
It's a cult classic!
LOL.
I actually saw that at a drive-in when i was a teenager.Now you know how old i am.I liked the funnels in the heads in the garden.I just got the original last house on the left.I love it.

“JUSTICE DENIED, AGAIN!!!”

Since: Mar 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 23, 2012

Judged:

Yeah wrote:
And so the fear spreads....
"George Zimmerman Defense to Shut Down Facebook Page
Aug. 23, 2012
Jeff Weiner
George Zimmerman's defense team on Wednesday announced it would de-activate its official Facebook page, citing concerns about moderating the comments left there by visitors.
"Every post made on Facebook becomes an open thread where anyone on the site can comment, and comments inevitably lead to conversations about evidence and speculation about guilt or innocence," the defense team said on its blog, which will remain active. "This type of conversation is a natural part of discourse, and there are plenty of places on the Internet where it is appropriate for this to happen, but it need not happen on a page hosted by the defense."
The blog post goes on to explain that the "biggest challenge" of the Facebook page is that the defense "cannot post without allowing comments."
"With comments active, each thread becomes a discussion forum. While we are not responsible for the comments people leave on our page, because we have the ability to delete comments, what we choose not to delete reflects on the defense team. Since we can ban users from posting on the page, who we choose not to ban reflects on the defense team. Admittedly, it does not always reflect well, and that is a concern for the defense," the blog post stated.
However, the defense team said the Facebook page has helped to achieve several of its goals in using social media: "discrediting and eliminating fraudulent websites and social profiles" -- which were common months ago, as the case gained national attention-- "providing a forum for communication" and "acknowledging the larger significance of the case." ..."
Took him long enough to figure out what Facebook is all about.

I see he is keeping the begging site open. HA.

“JUSTICE DENIED, AGAIN!!!”

Since: Mar 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 23, 2012

Judged:

I never see any reasons or explanations of why people think Zimmerman is not guilty. No discussions. All I see from his supporters is name calling and racial rants.

The biggest racists and bigots are the ones who call others racists and bigots.

This is a tragic event and only an imbecile would think it is funny or that Trayvon's death is a good thing.
Come Out Crisco

UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 23, 2012

Hey Crisco!

Drag you big old putrefying racist fat a$$ out here and join the discussion!

Where you at?
Crisco in the Ho

UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 23, 2012

Hey Crisco!

Drop that strap on you got there and separate youself from zazz butt long enough to get off a couple of posts!

You go gurl!
Crisco in Size 34W

UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 23, 2012

Come out Crisco!

Nobody cares how you look!

Nobody can see you humongous fatbody!

Come out with you size 5X panties!

Since: Aug 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 23, 2012

zazz wrote:
I never see any reasons or explanations of why people think Zimmerman is not guilty. No discussions. All I see from his supporters is name calling and racial rants.
The biggest racists and bigots are the ones who call others racists and bigots.
This is a tragic event and only an imbecile would think it is funny or that Trayvon's death is a good thing.
Its more like you dismiss the explanantions offered to you because you are so sure he is guilty based on your own opinions and predispositions.
Hurricane Eye Sack

UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 23, 2012

Judged:

Hurricane Party!

Crisco in the Attic

UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 23, 2012

I hear a big fat rat in my attic!

Hey Crisco!

That you?

Shake you tail a couple times!

You wait right there!
Chicago Express

UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 23, 2012

Romney up 10 points among Independents!

Somebody needs to pack his bags and hop a train!

Choo choo choo.......(horn).

See ya!
Huricane Isaac LOL

Buffalo, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 23, 2012

Hurricane Issac is a wuss!

Just a tropical storm hurricane wannabe!

It gonna fizzle out and die with a wimper!

Won't even come close to the Great Gale of 1848.

Or the Tampa Hurricane of 1921.

LOL.
Huricane Isaac LOL

Buffalo, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 23, 2012

Hurricane Party!

Run Coward!

Run! Run! Run!

Huricane Crisco

Buffalo, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 23, 2012

Judged:

Oh now here's a blow!

Hurricane Crisco packing winds and fudge up to 150 MPH!

OMG!!!

Run for you lives!

Hurricane Crisco is bearing down!

Run Cowards!

Run!

flgolfer

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 23, 2012

Barry G Roderman & Associates Through years of dedication this distinguished attorney has created a name that sets his firm apart from the rest. The firmís culture of integrity and dedication combined with our tried and true methods in litigating cases has been critical to our success. We have a commitment to dedicating ourselves wholeheartedly to each and every one of our clients. Our team of professionals strives daily to uphold the premier reputation Mr. Roderman has earned over the last four decades. Barry G Roderman has built unparalleled success case by case, favorable verdict after verdict that has contributed to maintaining four decades of success.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
•••
•••

Deltona Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Deltona People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••