Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex marriage

Aug 4, 2010 Full story: www.cnn.com 201,173

A federal judge in California has knocked down the state's voter-approved ban on same-sex marriage, ruling Wednesday that the state's controversial Proposition 8 violates the U.S. Constitution.

Full Story

“I Luv Carbon Dioxide”

Level 10

Since: Dec 08

Location hidden

#154446 Aug 12, 2012
Rose_NoHo wrote:
Liar. Your posts are full of contempt for homosexuals.
Nonsense, I've never written there is anything contemptible about homosexuals or homosexuality. Rose is projecting.

Rose_NoHo wrote:
Dummy, that's the judge's job.
Judges apply law, they aren't supposed to write law. The problem is, your judge didn't apply law as applied by precedent, he found for a mascot victim group instead of applying the law impartially for all.

Level 5

Since: Apr 11

Santa Monica, CA

#154447 Aug 12, 2012
Brown Lipstick wrote:
<quoted text>
It is so cute when a homosexual projects a heterosexual to be like them, abnormal. Opposites or inverses are never the same no matter how hard you try to humiliate, degrade, or defame the better half.
The effort is indeed noted.
1. I'm straight.
2. I didn't even know these male member suits and hats existed until Prof Marvel started going on and on about them.
Mona Lott

Brooklyn, NY

#154448 Aug 12, 2012
Prof Marvel wrote:
<quoted text>
The discussion continues to evolve, which you of course don't like because defending same-sex marriage and all its ramifications is like the little Dutch Boy at the dikes (no pun) trying to plug all the leaks.
Also, homosexuality is absolutely prohibited in the Bible as I've shown and as anyone with a brain knows.
In other words, a child who elects to become an homosexual must by extension become an atheist. This explains the penis suits and phallic symbols we see during your gay "pride" parades. These symbols have nothing to do with pride and everything to do with sex cultism.
Which is what you are -- a garden variety sex cult.
Fortunately, this is America, and your Buybull is trumped by our Constitution EVERY TIME.

You create an argument over something YOU made up (sex cult)!
Mona Lott

Brooklyn, NY

#154449 Aug 12, 2012
Prof Marvel wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't think we actually have a disagreement here, Rose.
Directly above, you give us reasons why homosexuality and religion cannot coexist.
Good post.
No dear. They do coexist, and have for quite some time.

You and logic cannot coexist.
Mona Lott

Brooklyn, NY

#154450 Aug 12, 2012
Brian_G wrote:
<quoted text>Nonsense, I've never written there is anything contemptible about homosexuals or homosexuality. Rose is projecting.
<quoted text>Judges apply law, they aren't supposed to write law. The problem is, your judge didn't apply law as applied by precedent, he found for a mascot victim group instead of applying the law impartially for all.
hahahahahaha
ahahahahahah
ahahahahahahah

Unconstitutional laws are NOT impartial, you flaming dumbass.

“I Luv Carbon Dioxide”

Level 10

Location hidden

#154451 Aug 12, 2012
Rose_NoHo wrote:
14th Amendment says all US citizens should get equal protection.
Look at section two where it explicitly recognizes male and female as unequal, just as it recognizes adult and child or citizen and non-citizen as unequal. There is no gender equality right; the ERA failed. We've already won this, back in the '70s. Where just waiting for the left to catch up.

Rose_NoHo wrote:
Actually, it's you fundies who tend to use the all caps...
Tell that to your friend, I copied her.

Rose_NoHo wrote:
Tell me how men and women are different. Something specific, and why that difference should deny men and women equal rights...
Because marriage is defined as one man and one woman; gender differences are real. Only a woman can be a wife and only a man can be a husband. Only a woman can be a mother and only a man can be a father. Law recognizes the facts of life.
Mona Lott

Brooklyn, NY

#154452 Aug 12, 2012
Rose_NoHo wrote:
<quoted text>
LOL.
Your fixation on these penis suits has got me curious.
Gotta link?
<quoted text>
You are such a drama queen....
Wanna know what is REALLY telling about Prof Dipshit's views? There are WAY more women dressed as vaginas in the pride parades than men in penis suits. I think seeing a man in a penis suit sends him into fits of homosexual panic... very typical of closet queens.
Dude

Newark, DE

#154453 Aug 12, 2012
Prof Marvel wrote:
I've edited out the balance of your post because your last line in the middle of it is sufficient evidence to support my point about the homosexual lifestyle
You've edited out the balance of my post, because you're a dumb tw*t. Is it my fault logic is your enemy, as well as gravity? The "homosexual lifestyle" is such a flimsy premise, that you know your hobbit behind is too fat to jump off from it.
Prof Marvel wrote:
People who call religion "a joke," are disbelievers
If you don't think that a "thought" process that involves people believing that things like tigers, cows, and crocs all coexisted and got along, eating veggies as they sang campfire songs, until a snake sweet-talked a naked, white woman in the jungle into eating an apple isn't a joke...I question your intelligence as well as your sense of humor.
Prof Marvel wrote:
Hinduism, Jainism, and Buddhism are a-okay with homosexuality."
Dude, that's ridiculous and you know it.
That's desperation.
No. Those are facts. You know, those things you steer clear fromů. Like vaginas?
Prof Marvel wrote:
That's turning your back on everything you were raised to believe
Why'd you say that? Are the words "empirical" and "evidence" curse words in The Shire? What were you raised to believe, exactly? That Sharpie Highlighters are like vitamins for the scalp? You're just mad that Sisqo won't reconcile with you.
Prof Marvel wrote:
Honestly, Dude, is getting corn holed that incredibly pleasurable
I wouldn't know, Tumbleweed Head. Considering you have been blowing drag queens for a while, you probably have done enough research in that specialty to have come to a solid conclusion. You do have a doctorate for it, after all. Please. Enlighten the class.
Prof Marvel wrote:
your Judeo-Christian heritage and become a dot head Hindu in order to keep getting some?
A black, gay man that's homophobic and racist. Well, aren't you just a jacka** of all trades.
Mona Lott

Brooklyn, NY

#154455 Aug 12, 2012
Brian_G wrote:
<quoted text>Look at section two where it explicitly recognizes male and female as unequal, just as it recognizes adult and child or citizen and non-citizen as unequal. There is no gender equality right; the ERA failed. We've already won this, back in the '70s. Where just waiting for the left to catch up.
<quoted text>Tell that to your friend, I copied her.
<quoted text>Because marriage is defined as one man and one woman; gender differences are real. Only a woman can be a wife and only a man can be a husband. Only a woman can be a mother and only a man can be a father. Law recognizes the facts of life.
OOOOOO..... somebody has a black&white world view. How sad to not see any color in the world. But you fit the profile: low IQ = right-wing fundie.

Level 5

Since: Jan 12

Commonwealth of Pennsylvania

#154457 Aug 12, 2012
flbadcatowner wrote:
<quoted text>That might be a good explanation if I only quoted a raw quantity of overturned decisions, but that is not what I stated. I stated a percentage of cases being overturned. beibg that I am only considering percentages, the quantity of cases is totally immaterial. Whether it is is 7 of 9 cases or 76 out of 100 cases, over 75% is a very high overturn rate on appealed cases. The Supreme Court has also not yet stated that it would not hear the California case.
You do realize that's a good thing right? If the Supreme Court rules in favor of marriage equality it's not just legal in California but the entire USA. Just like Loving v Virginia all over again.
Bruno

Los Angeles, CA

#154458 Aug 12, 2012
Mona Lott wrote:
<quoted text>
OOOOOO..... somebody has a black&white world view. How sad to not see any color in the world. But you fit the profile: low IQ = right-wing fundie.
Sounds like you've been adding semen to your coffee again. Have you ever TRIED the straight lifestyle, numbskull?

Level 5

Santa Monica, CA

#154459 Aug 12, 2012
Prof Marvel wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't think we actually have a disagreement here, Rose.
Directly above, you give us reasons why homosexuality and religion cannot coexist.
Good post.
Quit trying to put words into my mouth.
Religion and homosexuality DO coexist.

http://mccchurch.org/resources/mcc-theologies...

Level 5

Santa Monica, CA

#154460 Aug 12, 2012
Brian_G wrote:
<quoted text>Look at section two where it explicitly recognizes male and female as unequal, just as it recognizes adult and child or citizen and non-citizen as unequal. There is no gender equality right; the ERA failed. We've already won this, back in the '70s. Where just waiting for the left to catch up.
The ERA would have been redundant, the 14th Amendment already gives citizens equal protection.
And the fact you feel denying people equal rights is a "win" says a lot about you.
Brian_G wrote:
<quoted text>Because marriage is defined as one man and one woman; gender differences are real. Only a woman can be a wife and only a man can be a husband. Only a woman can be a mother and only a man can be a father. Law recognizes the facts of life.
That is circular BS. Give us an actual difference between men and women, and tell us why that difference is important enough to deny men and women equal rights.

Level 5

Santa Monica, CA

#154461 Aug 12, 2012
Mona Lott wrote:
<quoted text>
Wanna know what is REALLY telling about Prof Dipshit's views? There are WAY more women dressed as vaginas in the pride parades than men in penis suits. I think seeing a man in a penis suit sends him into fits of homosexual panic... very typical of closet queens.
:)

“The Great and Wonderful Marvel”

Level 4

Since: Aug 09

Atlanta, GA

#154462 Aug 12, 2012
Rose_NoHo wrote:
<quoted text>
LOL.
Your fixation on these penis suits has got me curious.
Gotta link?
<quoted text>
You are such a drama queen....
Sure:
http://www.google.com/imgres...

Level 4

Atlanta, GA

#154463 Aug 12, 2012
Dude wrote:
<quoted text>
You've edited out the balance of my post, because you're a dumb tw*t. Is it my fault logic is your enemy, as well as gravity? The "homosexual lifestyle" is such a flimsy premise, that you know your hobbit behind is too fat to jump off from it.

I wouldn't know, Tumbleweed Head.
Dude, if you don't know why are you pretending to know?

You're promoting a lifestyle a Christian would have to become a Hindu to follow yet you don't know why anyone would do this.

What kind of sense does that make, fella?

Level 4

Atlanta, GA

#154464 Aug 12, 2012
Rose_NoHo wrote:
<quoted text>
Quit trying to put words into my mouth.
Religion and homosexuality DO coexist.
http://mccchurch.org/resources/mcc-theologies...
I heard about a hit man who'd say a pray before going out on a job.

Is that what kind of coexisting you mean?

“I Luv Carbon Dioxide”

Level 10

Location hidden

#154465 Aug 12, 2012
Mona Lott wrote:
You either obey law and act morally or you don't. We are nuanced enough to want homosexuals treated like everyone else, not pandered to as a mascot victim group.
Spike

Monrovia, CA

#154466 Aug 12, 2012
Dirty bags are still posting here.

Level 5

Santa Monica, CA

#154467 Aug 12, 2012
Prof Marvel wrote:
<quoted text>
Sure:
http://www.google.com/imgres...
LOL.
The issue is serious, but those suits are funny.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Delano Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
keep a word drop a word game (Jan '12) 4 hr no one 1,321
melinda corrales 8 hr idk 4
yaneli from valley (Oct '13) 9 hr idk 5
got pregnant to keep a man 10 hr homie 40
gonzalo heredia 15 hr smh 3
mayra landeros 18 hr no one 6
Javier Esparza cc 20 hr Otr 2
Delano Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web