blind

Del Rio, TX

#1 Jul 5, 2012
Who has had lasik done and where (clinic and doctor name)? Were there ANY complications/side effects and how much did it cost? Why did you choose that particular clinic/doctor?

Level 3

Since: Apr 12

Location hidden

#2 Jul 5, 2012
Wouldnt ask anyone in Del Rio
20/20

Rockport, TX

#4 Jul 5, 2012
I had mine done in S.A. at TLC, very professional and reasonably priced. Love not wearing glasses!
lasiksawesome

Portland, TX

#5 Jul 5, 2012
Had my procedure done April of 2011. With Lasik vision institute off loop 410. Right across north star mall. Awesome staff! I highly recommend going with them. And till this day no complications 20/20 :D
blind

Del Rio, TX

#6 Jul 5, 2012
Glad to hear from people who had no complications; I have been chickening out of having the procedure done because to this day I cannot wear contact lenses on a regular basis; they are very uncomfortable for me to wear. But removing the contacts makes the discomfort go away; Lasik, on the otherhand, is permanent and I'm afraid to end up being uncomfortable forever. Ha, I know Lasik is totally different from wearing contacts but discomfort is a big concern for me. I have read several horror stories of Lasik gone wrong such as dry eyes, glare, inability to drive at night, etc...Hopefully others will share their stories with Lasik, good or bad.
about time

Del Rio, TX

#7 Jul 5, 2012
lasiksawesome wrote:
Had my procedure done April of 2011. With Lasik vision institute off loop 410. Right across north star mall. Awesome staff! I highly recommend going with them. And till this day no complications 20/20 :D
How much does the surgery cost there?
friend

United States

#8 Jul 5, 2012
Cost depends on the type of laser they are using. Usually the older generation means cheaper price. Call up some offices some offer free consultations. Be sure to let them know you are traveling from del rio. Best advise would be to write down any questions you have to avoid freezing up during consultation.
Dark Eyed

Del Rio, TX

#9 Jul 5, 2012
blind wrote:
Glad to hear from people who had no complications; I have been chickening out of having the procedure done because to this day I cannot wear contact lenses on a regular basis; they are very uncomfortable for me to wear. But removing the contacts makes the discomfort go away; Lasik, on the otherhand, is permanent and I'm afraid to end up being uncomfortable forever. Ha, I know Lasik is totally different from wearing contacts but discomfort is a big concern for me. I have read several horror stories of Lasik gone wrong such as dry eyes, glare, inability to drive at night, etc...Hopefully others will share their stories with Lasik, good or bad.
I've enjoyed not having to wear glasses or contacts for over 9 years! They say over time your vision begins to deteriorate and can attest to that, but I'm not too sure I would do it again.
Jesse

Spartanburg, SC

#10 Jul 5, 2012
I had my LASIK performed about 5 years ago. My prescription was 20/280 instead of the normal 20/20. I now see 20/20 to this day. I had no side effects at all. I actually drove myself to the follow up appointment the day after the surgery. The surgery itself takes about 5-7 minutes to do and you are awake throughout it all. I was actually referred to Dr. Rashid by Dr. Kaiser. He was very professional and is listed as one of "The Best Doctors In America" and also is listed as one of " The Top Ophthalmologist in America". He is also honored to serve as the Team Eye Surgeon for the San Antonio Spurs. I would highly recommend Dr. Edward Rashid of San Antonio. The total cost of the surgery was around 5,000 dollars after insurance. Goof luck, hope I helped.
lizzy

Portland, TX

#11 Jul 5, 2012
@ lasik plus in SA they have free consultation, it doesn't hurt to go see for yourself. They even have where u could see when they r doing a procedure on a patient.
lasiksawesome

Portland, TX

#12 Jul 5, 2012
about time wrote:
<quoted text>
How much does the surgery cost there?
I paid $1000.00 even for my procedure. It also depends on your eye prescription. Best thing to do is go call them and make free consultation. Then they will tell you the cost for you. Everyone differs. If something were to happen in the future w my eyesight I would definitely get it again!
about time

Del Rio, TX

#13 Jul 5, 2012
lasiksawesome wrote:
<quoted text>
I paid $1000.00 even for my procedure. It also depends on your eye prescription. Best thing to do is go call them and make free consultation. Then they will tell you the cost for you. Everyone differs. If something were to happen in the future w my eyesight I would definitely get it again!
Thank you for the info.
blind

Del Rio, TX

#14 Jul 6, 2012
Dr. Edward Rashid sounds like the best option in terms of quality...also seems to be more expensive. I read really good reveiws regarding the Dr @ Lasik Vision Institute who is apparently a very well respected surgeon but some negative ones regarding LVI staff and business practices. Hmmm....
rex

United States

#15 Jul 7, 2012
[QUOTE who="20/20"]I had mine done in S.A. at TLC, very professional and reasonably priced. Love not wearing glasses![/QUOTE]

Yup TLC is the way to go!! Got mine done in 2006 and was the best investment I every made. Would do again if I had to. Still 20/20 today!!!
Jesse

Pasadena, TX

#16 Jul 7, 2012
blind wrote:
Dr. Edward Rashid sounds like the best option in terms of quality...also seems to be more expensive. I read really good reveiws regarding the Dr @ Lasik Vision Institute who is apparently a very well respected surgeon but some negative ones regarding LVI staff and business practices. Hmmm....
Well the entire staff at Dr. Rashid's is extremely professional! I was very well taken care of. I believe they offer a free exam to see if you are a candidate for LASIK. They also had a financing option of 0% interest for three years and they also enter you in a drawing to receive your surgery for free. Lastly, they give you a one year warranty on the surgery and, I believe 100 dollars off your surgery for everyone you refer.:) They actually sent me a hand written letter a month after asking how I was doing. It was a very nice touch, the cherry on top, so to speak.
lol

United States

#17 Jul 7, 2012
Jesse wrote:
<quoted text>Well the entire staff at Dr. Rashid's is extremely professional! I was very well taken care of. I believe they offer a free exam to see if you are a candidate for LASIK. They also had a financing option of 0% interest for three years and they also enter you in a drawing to receive your surgery for free. Lastly, they give you a one year warranty on the surgery and, I believe 100 dollars off your surgery for everyone you refer.:) They actually sent me a hand written letter a month after asking how I was doing. It was a very nice touch, the cherry on top, so to speak.
These guys sound very good! But just one year warranty? Mine was for life at TLC in SA TX! U can't beat a life time warranty for ur eyes. If they ever change and they get bad the new eye surgery is covered. At least this was some time ago. Don't know if they still do it. Very happy with these people at TLC!
blind

Portland, TX

#18 Jul 7, 2012
@lol ...thx..will check them out

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Del Rio Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
A real man doesn't talk about a woman 20 min Aldo 6
christmas gifts 23 min Needed 37
monica cuellar 23 min mellow 1
Monica from Manuel's 25 min friend 3
b29 night club cockroaches 34 min Mexican frijoles 3
Just because your profile is set private for no... 44 min Ruben 14
what happened to juan 1 hr uh huh 5
Del Rio Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web