Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex marriage

Aug 4, 2010 | Posted by: Topix | Full story: www.cnn.com

A federal judge in California has knocked down the state's voter-approved ban on same-sex marriage, ruling Wednesday that the state's controversial Proposition 8 violates the U.S. Constitution.

Comments
134,721 - 134,740 of 200,347 Comments Last updated 2 hrs ago
Mona Lott

Hoboken, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 25, 2012

Judged:

Prof Marvel wrote:
<quoted text>
Heterosexuality and homosexuality cannot both be normal. We found this out when 450,000 gay men died. Obviously they were doing something abnormal to cause their deaths.
Now you tell us safe-sex prevents homosexuals from dying -- but the fact remains without safe sex homosexuals would immediately start dying off in the huge numbers they were in the 1980s -- and if this is true, what more evidence could you possibly want showing homosexuality is abnormal?
This post ranks at the top of your stupidest posts ever list. You make laughable statements and infer lame conclusions. SERIOUSLY LAME.

"...if this is true..."?????????? Well it's NOT TRUE, dipshit, and you KNOW it isn't. You just like to spew your self-righteous indignation, thinking it will act as proof that you don't think about gay sex 24/7. You are more obsessed with gay sex than ANYONE on the planet. Geez, pal... therapy, check into it.

“ reality, what a concept”

Since: Nov 07

this one

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 25, 2012

Judged:

RnL2008 wrote:
<quoted text>
If this posts more than once......I'm sorry, but it seems that topix doesn't want my reply posted......lol!!
Awesome reply!!!
Thank you... I didn't think it posted the first time I submitted it and posted it twice, I guess they caught it the second time through... It's odd, only this thread seems to be acting up...
Reality

Madison, WI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 25, 2012

Judged:

akpilot wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm sorry that you are too much of an idiot to be anything but a little sheep destine to simply nod and smile each time the SCOTUS makes a ruling.
The SCOTUS was not designed to be the end all be all, nor the final say in all Constitutional matters- Jefferson, Madison, Adams, and Hamilton were all quite clear on this fact. Just ask Madison and Jefferson how they felt in regards to State nullification.
"BUT THE OPINION which gives to the judges the right to decide what laws are constitutional, and what not, not only for themselves in their own sphere of action, but for the legislature and executive also, in their spheres, would make the judiciary a despotic branch."- Thomas Jefferson
"If [as the Federalists say]“the judiciary is the last resort in relation to the other departments of the government,”…, then indeed is our Constitution a complete felo de so.… The Constitution, on this hypothesis, is a mere thing of wax in the hands of the judiciary, which they may twist and shape into any form they may please. It should be remembered, as an axiom of eternal truth in politics, that whatever power in any government is independent, is absolute also; in theory only, at first, while the spirit of the people is up, but in practice, as fast as that relaxes. Independence can be trusted nowhere but with the people in mass. They are inherently independent of all but moral law"- Thomas Jefferson
"You seem to consider the judges the ultimate arbiters of all constitutional questions; a very dangerous doctrine indeed, and one which would place us under the despotism of an oligarchy. Our judges … and their power [are] the more dangerous as they are in office for life, and are not responsible, as the other functionaries are, to the elective control. The Constitution has erected no such single tribunal, knowing that to whatever hands confided, with the corruptions of time and party, its members would become despots. It has more wisely made all the departments co-equal and co-sovereign within themselves …. When the legislative or executive functionaries act unconstitutionally, they are responsible to the people in their elective capacity. The exemption of the judges from that is quite dangerous enough. I know of no safe depository of the ultimate powers of the society, but the people themselves. "- Thomas Jefferson
"The judiciary of the United States is the subtle corps of sappers and miners constantly working underground to undermine our Constitution from a co-ordinate of a general and special government to a general supreme one alone. This will lay all things at their feet.… I will say, that “against this every man should raise his voice,” and, more, should uplift his arm …" Thomas Jefferson
OK sparky,BTW what school did you attain your law degree from?

“IT'S TIME TO ELIMINATE”

Since: Mar 11

PROP 8 AND DOMA!!!

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 25, 2012

Judged:

Rick in Kansas wrote:
<quoted text>Thank you... I didn't think it posted the first time I submitted it and posted it twice, I guess they caught it the second time through... It's odd, only this thread seems to be acting up...
I noticed that......but I wanted you to know that it was an awesome reply to one of the biggest idiots on this thread......but then, we know some won't get it and especially one who has issues with who they are.

Enjoy your night:-)
Reality

Madison, WI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 25, 2012

Judged:

Rick in Kansas wrote:
SIXTEEN REASONS WHY HETEROSEXUALITY IS A SEX CULT:
1. Parades where cult members dress provocatively and even women flashing their breasts and both men and women exposing intimate body parts in exchange for plastic beads.
2. Fleshpots like the worldwide proliferation of "singles resorts" and "singles bars" where the objective is to "hook-up" with as many might as well be strangers as possible.
3. Deviant Sex Bible aka "The Holy Bible", Have you ever read it? Rape, sex slaves, promiscuity, incest, adultery and all done with "God's" seal of approval. And even worse, would you believe they believe this book to be appropriate reading material for CHILDREN. They even have special classes just for children to explore this book.
4. Heterosexuals practice serial pedophilia on a massive scale. Remember 2 little girls are sexually abused for every boy and there is more than 30 years of evidence that the majority of those who abuse boys live as heterosexual.
5. Acolytes who want to teach the Bible and its deviant sex practices as safe, normal and as wholesome as Mom's apple pie.
6. Other free-for-all sex meccas like every "red light district" and hooker's stroll across America.
7. A national network of indoctrination points targeting children. EVERY school in America which teaches heterosexual only sex education, hell, even allegedly good "Christian" schools engage in this practice.
8. A national news organ (pun intended) that promotes a deviant and degrading lifestyle - "Fox News".
9. A promiscuous sex philosophy, including serial heterosexuals only "marriage". Until death do you part or you find someone younger and hotter with firmer t*ts.
10. Rituals such as wife swapping parties, bachelor/bachelorette parties and marital infidelity.
11. Temples of worship. The THOUSANDS of strip clubs, hooker hang-outs and brothels (legal or otherwise).
12. A paramilitary extremist arm - fascist pro-family/anti gay organizations and churches.
13. A theology of pseudo-science: Homosexuality is a "choice" , everyone is meant to be heterosexual (God says so), the worship of the naked female form, the celebrations of hedonism like Mardi Gras and the Pimps & Hos Ball, thoroughly discredited "science" by obvious hacks like Paul Cameron, John R Diggs and Mark Regenerus, not to mention the output of anti-gay groups like the Family Research Council, Americans for Truth, NARTH and all the other wonderful groups whose "research" we are treated to here on a daily basis.
14. Acceptance of "bizarre" lifestyles: transvestites (most males with a cross dressing fetish are straight), bisexuality (in women it is every straight man's wet dream in men it's called on the down low), not to mention the acceptance of spousal abuse, date rape and child molestation.
15. Unsafe "abnormal" sex rituals such as vaginal fisting, anal sex (a far greater percentage of women than men have taken it up the old hershey highway), pee-play, bestiality, etc, etc, etc.
16. An unhealthy obsession with procreation.
Summary:
Here are SIXTEEN compelling reasons why heterosexuality is nothing more than a deviant sex cult and not a legitimate majority, let alone a moral one.
MEANWHILE, heterosexuals want us to ignore what they are up to as they endlessly fantasize about our sex lives and pretend to be outraged.
Where is the rationale for treating heterosexuality and heterosexuals with any respect whatsoever? They talk about procreation in reverent terms but 40% of the babies they pop out aren't planned and they've over produced to the point that orphanages and foster care programs are filled beyond their capacity of heterosexuals to take care of them.
Tell us WHY we should give a flying f*ck what heterosexuals have to say about those of us who aren't?
Rick I love you man, I do
Reality

Madison, WI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 25, 2012

Judged:

Rick in Kansas wrote:
<quoted text>Thank you... I didn't think it posted the first time I submitted it and posted it twice, I guess they caught it the second time through... It's odd, only this thread seems to be acting up...
Rick that post brought a tear to my eye ( and made my butt pucker) at the same time. I love ya man.

Since: Apr 11

Santa Monica, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 25, 2012

Judged:

Prof Marvel wrote:
I hope everyone has been paying close attention to how I've shut-down this forum's collective homosexual brain trust.
These people are stupid -- worse still, they take pride in their stupidity.
I posted 15 reasons why the LGBT is a sex cult and rather than attack it head on they began whining and gnashing their teeth like a bunch of old women.
There was nothing to attack.
Prof Marvel wrote:
The problem is plan enough: without LGBT talking points they're puppets without their strings -- they can't think. They read arguments they've never seen before and they become immobile and disoriented.
Is the LGBT actually a sex cult?
No.
Prof Marvel wrote:
Who knows? But to throw down the challenge only to get the stupidity and befuddlement these idiots responded with says even darker things about what homosexuality does to a person's heart and mind.
Which brings us to the hetero morons who support same sex marriage Who are you people? How do you let intellectual zombies as brainless as homosexuals shape and mold your thinking?
We know what their mental issues are -- what's yours?
LOL @ you. You are just a typical homophobe, a jerk who can't deal with his own same sex attraction. You spend time searching for penis costumes, then pretend to be disgusted by them.

The lady doth protest too much.

Since: Jun 07

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 25, 2012

Judged:

ELH wrote:
<quoted text>
Much like so many of the judges appointed to the high court I'm simply not as well educated or intelligent (or a witty) as you are.
But keep digging in your heals, just like organizations against suffrage or racial integration once did. American history has already proven that the world will continue to the world will continues to move forward despite your proclamations and pronouncements
Are you done with your nonsense? Thus far you have provided nothing that refutes anything I have said.

BTW, it is not I who claims to be smarter, all those quotes were from Thomas Jefferson, and I am quite sure he was far more intelligent in regards to the Constitution than you, I, or ANY sitting judge.

I am sorry that you are simply willing to roll over and accept it when judges go against the Constitution. Imagine if the founders had simply rolled over and accepted what the King of England was doing to them.

You are not only ignorant, you are also weak and unwilling to stand up and defend that which the founders provided you.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 25, 2012

Judged:

Prof Marvel wrote:
<quoted text>
Heterosexuality and homosexuality cannot both be normal. We found this out when 450,000 gay men died. Obviously they were doing something abnormal to cause their deaths.
Now you tell us safe-sex prevents homosexuals from dying -- but the fact remains without safe sex homosexuals would immediately start dying off in the huge numbers they were in the 1980s -- and if this is true, what more evidence could you possibly want showing homosexuality is abnormal?
How about you stop spreading your nonsense. If you don't want to be homosexual- don't.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 25, 2012

Judged:

Reality wrote:
<quoted text>OK sparky,BTW what school did you attain your law degree from?
Did you find anything incorrect in what Thomas Jefferson said? Otherwise you are simply attempting to avoid by attacking me rather than the point.

BTW, you have no idea what my educational level is, not that it matters, my points are valid which is painfully obvious by that fact that you can't counter any of them.

Santa Monica, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 25, 2012

Judged:

KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
You impose a imposter relationship on marriage and say I am disrespecting you for calling it?
96% is not just a number, it's children.
Rose's Law:
Morons with no real argument scream, "But what about the children!?"

Some marriages will involve children, some won't. Gay marriage won't change that.
KiMare wrote:
I don't insult gays or straights, I'm both. I insult stupidity and disrespect denial.
Insult yourself, then.
Bill Of Rights

Tempe, AZ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 25, 2012

Judged:

akpilot wrote:
<quoted text>
Are you done with your nonsense? Thus far you have provided nothing that refutes anything I have said.
BTW, it is not I who claims to be smarter, all those quotes were from Thomas Jefferson, and I am quite sure he was far more intelligent in regards to the Constitution than you, I, or ANY sitting judge.
I am sorry that you are simply willing to roll over and accept it when judges go against the Constitution. Imagine if the founders had simply rolled over and accepted what the King of England was doing to them.
You are not only ignorant, you are also weak and unwilling to stand up and defend that which the founders provided you.
Sorry but the judges most certainly did follow the Constitution! And this is why! We can't help it if you're still living in the 1700 hundreds!
You can lead a horses ass to water.....WHY,Prop 8 is Unconstitutional! I look forward to you twisting this to fit your own mis-guided theory's! LOL
www.afer.org/our-work/our-arguments

this one

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 25, 2012

Judged:

RnL2008 wrote:
<quoted text>
I noticed that......but I wanted you to know that it was an awesome reply to one of the biggest idiots on this thread......but then, we know some won't get it and especially one who has issues with who they are.
Enjoy your night:-)
Thank you again... It's going to be like a night in the tropics here, it was 108 when the first thunderstorm rolled in and the temperature still hasn't dropped below 95 after raining for two hours.

this one

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 25, 2012

Judged:

Reality wrote:
Rick that post brought a tear to my eye ( and made my butt pucker) at the same time. I love ya man.
Thank you... He's been off on his little tangent for a couple of days now and I thought that to be a fitting response.

Santa Monica, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 25, 2012

Judged:

akpilot wrote:
<quoted text>
Another stupid statement from you. The fact that we don't "know" something today does note negate the fact that we may "know" it tomorrow. And certainly NOT "knowing" does not equate to nonexistence.
Using your logic we could just eliminate science, we already "know" everything, and that which we don't doesn't exist anyhow.
Figured you are too stupid to understand what I was saying.
Let me try again.
How do I know there isn't an elephant in my living room? Well, if one were there, there would be some evidence of one there.
Understand so far? Or is that too much for you to grasp?
Flares

Hacienda Heights, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 25, 2012

Judged:

More than enough, but it's still weak.

Santa Monica, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 25, 2012

Judged:

Mr Lindale wrote:
<quoted text>Hi Bill, do you know how many pounds of feces the average male homosexual consumes on an annual basis?
Not as many as you post.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 25, 2012

Judged:

Bill Of Rights wrote:
<quoted text>
Sorry but the judges most certainly did follow the Constitution! And this is why! We can't help it if you're still living in the 1700 hundreds!
You can lead a horses ass to water.....WHY,Prop 8 is Unconstitutional! I look forward to you twisting this to fit your own mis-guided theory's! LOL
www.afer.org/our-work/our-arguments
Do you even know what you are arguing?

Seems like you are just rambling and drooling on yourself.

BTW, it's pretty sad that your answer to everything is- stop living in the 1700's..

Seems that we had it a lot better then, we have doing a pretty good job of screwing things up since then as we depart further and further from the Constitution.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 25, 2012

Judged:

Rose_NoHo wrote:
<quoted text>
Figured you are too stupid to understand what I was saying.
You are too stupid to understand what you are saying.

“IT'S TIME TO ELIMINATE”

Since: Mar 11

PROP 8 AND DOMA!!!

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 25, 2012

Judged:

Rick in Kansas wrote:
<quoted text>Thank you again... It's going to be like a night in the tropics here, it was 108 when the first thunderstorm rolled in and the temperature still hasn't dropped below 95 after raining for two hours.
That's what we call ucky.......sticky, yucky to hot to sleep weather.......and though it has been cooler yesterday and today........when it get's hot here......it's the same yucky sticky miserable heat!!!

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Del Aire Discussions

Search the Del Aire Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
The 25 Most Dangerous Cities in the U.S. Are Mo... (Nov '10) 25 min anna kukelski 18,573
Jury reaches verdict in Oakland BART shooting t... (Jul '10) 2 hr snodder 2,253
New mad max movie? 4 hr MrCracka 1
CA CA Proposition 23 - Global Warming (Oct '10) 20 hr Twilight sun 7,851
CA California Proposition 19: the Marijuana Legali... (Oct '10) 20 hr Facts facts 15,927
CA California seeks to ban free, single-use carryo... (Jun '10) Jul 21 Racjei 4,885
CA Federal judge to issue Proposition 8 decision W... (Aug '10) Jun '14 Eric Cantor or cant 1,974
•••
•••
•••
•••

Del Aire Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Del Aire People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••