Pasadena, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 25, 2012

Judged:

Deer park needs more speed traps. I thank the police for their efforts in making the streets of Deer Park safer,a constant effort to educate the public and enforce the laws is needed.

“Perplexed”

Since: Nov 08

Deer Park

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 25, 2012

Judged:

impartialandproportionate wrote:
Deer park needs more speed traps. I thank the police for their efforts in making the streets of Deer Park safer,a constant effort to educate the public and enforce the laws is needed.
I agree.
oncetold

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 26, 2012

Judged:

Winston wrote:
http://www.speedtrap.org/city/ 11101/Deer%20Park
someone once told me they speed because when you average it out with the slow drivers they are at the speed limit? What? Don't want a ticket then I suggest you stay at or BELOW the posted limits. Write them all up deputy dog, the city needs the money to fund the golf course.
Where are the speed traps

Pasadena, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 26, 2012

Just look for the monster drink empty cans on the side of the road. That's where they're at.
littering

Houston, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 26, 2012

Where are the speed traps wrote:
Just look for the monster drink empty cans on the side of the road. That's where they're at.
Littering!
yooflungpoo

La Porte, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 26, 2012

best 2012 speed trap in DP....

the refigerator @DPPD....
You Asked

Houston, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 27, 2012

oncetold wrote:
<quoted text>
someone once told me they speed because when you average it out with the slow drivers they are at the speed limit? What? Don't want a ticket then I suggest you stay at or BELOW the posted limits. Write them all up deputy dog, the city needs the money to fund the golf course.
They also said you were clueless.
dpresident

Houston, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 1, 2012

I'm not sure about safer our cars have been broken into twice in the last year an I live by the police dept.

“Candor for the few”

Deer Park

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 2, 2012

dpresident wrote:
I'm not sure about safer our cars have been broken into twice in the last year an I live by the police dept.
But did you notice how quick Officer Yang responded? Like he was right there?
Defiant1

Deer Park, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 2, 2012

DPTX wrote:
<quoted text>But did you notice how quick Officer Yang responded? Like he was right there?
LOL!
knowledge

Dallas, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 2, 2012

Judged:

impartialandproportionate wrote:
Keep in mind that with the 20 mph speed limit in residential areas the speeding is hard to enforce. They cannot ticket anyone in these areas unless they are going over 30 mph.
Could Be

Pasadena, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 2, 2012

Maybe it was the policeman who took the monster drinks.
dpresident wrote:

“Candor for the few”

Deer Park

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 2, 2012

knowledge wrote:
Keep in mind that with the 20 mph speed limit in residential areas the speeding is hard to enforce. They cannot ticket anyone in these areas unless they are going over 30 mph.
Where did you come up with this notion?

(I'll wait for your response. Although I have an idea what you're going to claim.)

“Candor for the few”

Deer Park

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 2, 2012

Could Be wrote:
Maybe it was the policeman who took the monster drinks.<quoted text>
Kinda late, aren't you?
See post #10.

“I don't believe in mathematics”

Since: Aug 08

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 2, 2012

Deviant laughed at your joke. What more do you want?

“Candor for the few”

Deer Park

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 2, 2012

Hezekiah wrote:
Deviant laughed at your joke. What more do you want?
Apparently you got someone to explain it to you.
knowledge

Dallas, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 2, 2012

DPTX wrote:
<quoted text>Where did you come up with this notion?

(I'll wait for your response. Although I have an idea what you're going to claim.)
I believe the issue is that in order to have the residential speeds be 20 the city must have special approval from TxDot. Otherwise they are 30. Deer Park residential speeds are not special exceptions. Therefore tickets are rarely given for speed under 30 in these areas and could be easily dismissed in court.

I could certainly be wrong though. It's happened before.

“Candor for the few”

Deer Park

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 3, 2012

knowledge wrote:
I believe the issue is that in order to have the residential speeds be 20 the city must have special approval from TxDot. Otherwise they are 30. Deer Park residential speeds are not special exceptions. Therefore tickets are rarely given for speed under 30 in these areas and could be easily dismissed in court.
I could certainly be wrong though. It's happened before.
Yes, you "could certainly be wrong."

TxDOT only has jurisdiction over setting speed limits on the state HIGHWAY system.

For information on Texas traffic laws, you could start with the Texas Transportation Code, section 542.

As far as the city's legal obligations and compliance with state traffic laws, they have those pretty well covered (as allowed under state law).

You can also find the specific ordinances that govern the city's speed limits at:
http://library.municode.com/HTML/10635/level3...

Note: they also reference the authority to various state laws within the ordinance and/or footnotes.

For streets designated as 20MPH under the city's ordinances, just click the link in the above document to see Schedule D, section 66-193.

It might also be noted that tickets have been written for only driving 22mph in a 20mph zone. So, if you think that the city ordinance does not meet Texas law and you might get out of the ticket, you "certainly could be wrong."
Speed

Spring, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 4, 2012

For those of us that do not drive above the posted speed limit, speed traps are not a problem. For those that do drive over the posted speed limit and do not like speed traps, maybe the fines are not high enough.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Deer Park Discussions

Search the Deer Park Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
TX Longtime GOP Texas Gov. Perry wins another term (Nov '10) 5 min Typical 21,667
Who do you support for Governor in Texas in 2010? (Oct '10) 34 min Imperial Chicano 17,210
What happened 1 hr Heavy Fed 33
La Porte preacher 6 hr Henry 4
New Orphan Charity 9 hr Witty Nickname 1
Reviews on London Belle Apartments in Pasadena, Tx (Jan '13) 13 hr Chatty Cathy 6
Construction on Canada 14 hr noway 3
•••
•••

Deer Park News Video

•••
•••

Deer Park Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Deer Park People Search