DEEP RIVER: There's Character In Those Old Buildings

What's happening to Deep River Center? Has anyone noticed that, compared to our neighboring towns, we are built for the ages? We have more public buildings built with stone than Chester or Essex. Full Story
Riverman41

Guangzhou, China

#1 Jun 4, 2007
I agree 100% with the article. The charm is fading and the benefits are slim. There are no great tax benefits to losing what is our own.
DRgirl

New York, NY

#2 Sep 20, 2011
You guys are crazy. All of the improvements to the Deep River downtown look great! I could probably do without a Dunkin' Donuts, but how great is the new gas station? And Adams, don't even get me started: such great produce there!
NORWALK EAST HADDAM CT

Berlin, NH

#3 Sep 24, 2011
DRgirl wrote:
You guys are crazy. All of the improvements to the Deep River downtown look great! I could probably do without a Dunkin' Donuts, but how great is the new gas station? And Adams, don't even get me started: such great produce there!
FELLING HERE IN TOWN IZ JOHN MCNASTY WILL HAVE PALIN AS RUNNING MATE
ROMMNEY AND THE 20 WIFE RELIGION HE BELONGS TO UH AINT HAPPENIN
DEEP RIVER BUILDINGS ARE SLATED FOR EITHER DEMO OR SEC 8 PRISON RELEASE WORK HOUSE
FATS DOMINOE CHRISTOPHER DOOD SIGNED OFF ON IT LAST YEAR
NEW WELFARE OFFICE BEING BUILT NEXT TOWN HALL E HADDAM
SALA MAT TOWAGON MO OKKO ULIT

“ROCK ON ROCKERS!!”

Since: Mar 11

Rockin' USA ;)

#4 Sep 24, 2011
Old historic buildings are meant to last for hundreds of years. But, with that respect noted, they do not fit into today's business endeavors. Today is modern, air conditioning, heating systems and lighting. These old buildings would need major overhauls and at today's prices, who could afford it. They may lean towards college dorms or a furniture gallery. but as far as upbeat, they had their day. ROCK ON!
HANDY MAN

UK

#5 Oct 15, 2011
DRgirl wrote:
YOUR STUPID AND MIS INFORMED I KNOW WHAT IT LOOKS LIKE IN EAST HADDAM AND MOODUS AND ITS NOT A PLEASANT PICTURE ESPECIALLY IF YOUR A HANDICAPPED PERSON NO WHEEL CHAIR ACCESABILTY.
SOUPA DOOPA

UK

#6 Oct 15, 2011
DRgirl wrote:
YOU NEED HELP I LIVE ON RTE 82 TOWN STREET AND ITS AWFUL HERE THE NOISE RAP MUSIC AND POWER OUTAGES ARE TERRIBLE WHEN WHEN WILL WE FINALLY BE RID OF THE HORRIBLE PEOPLE THAT RUN THE TOWN HALL WHEN I ASK YOU ????
SOS CINDYS HOUSE

UK

#7 Oct 15, 2011
Colorado Chick wrote:
Old historic buildings are meant to last for hundreds of years. But, with that respect noted, they do not fit into today's business endeavors. Today is modern, air conditioning, heating systems and lighting. These old buildings would need major overhauls and at today's prices, who could afford it. They may lean towards college dorms or a furniture gallery. but as far as upbeat, they had their day. ROCK ON!
READ THE COMMENTS MADE A DECISION
NOT GOOD ARE 2 WORDS THAT COME TO MIND BOUT EAST HADDAM BASED ON EVIDENCE AND READING VARIOUS POSTS HERE
teekkky

Phoenix, AZ

#8 Oct 15, 2011
Riverman41 wrote:
I agree 100% with the article. The charm is fading and the benefits are slim. There are no great tax benefits to losing what is our own.
theirs nothing left in east haddam or moodus. broken phone lines if a landfill to hold nuclear waste was to open on rte 82 or prison release farm that would mean jobs soup kitchen medicare card doans pills and place to sleep while welfare locates a section home to bed down east haddams gone to hell in a hand bag all the water lines along town street are leaking bad my phone line i can listen to my neighbors phone conversations i live in this town cuz of the soup kitchens and free lunch every day their are lotta folks from the crazy farm here looking for housing food and jobs
Dana Theis

Greensboro, NC

#9 Nov 3, 2011
Room/Board for work on old buildings in Deep River or Ct. River Valley area. Retired, moving back to CT. end of November. History buff, former owner of 4 Star Restaurant, Vineyard and Winery in Dobson, NC. Former Marine, Viet-Nam Vet, active and *physically fit. Will do just about any kind of work, days, weekends, nights - very motivated, honest and dependable. theis.dana@gmail.com.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Deep River Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Andrea Mears Aug '14 shoff 1
Can I find the obituary of my ancestors ? Jul '14 luclor97 1
All Fired Up: Traveling Roadside Barbecue Jul '14 ForJustice 1
Connecticut News - State, National and Local Ne... (Jun '07) May '14 chris 3
yoga (Apr '14) May '14 ava tyler 3
Region 4 Education Budget Approved (May '14) May '14 Libs Suck 1
yoga (Mar '14) May '14 FACT 3
Deep River Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web