WAVY announces addition to reporting staff

Full story: Hampton Roads Daily Press

Esther Pierre has been hired as late news reporter at WAVY-TV, Channel 10. On the job a week already, she'll also serve as part of the "10 On Your Side" political team.

Comments

Showing posts 1 - 20 of20
its possible

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 18, 2008

Esther Pierre is everywhere..Glad to see you back.

“Boldly going nowhere...”

Since: Oct 07

Newport News, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 18, 2008

I really want to know what happened to David Nelson..just out of curiousity
Jack

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 18, 2008

The Femi-Nazi news director is still at it I see.

Remember Les Smith and David Nelson!
Biff

Hampton, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 18, 2008

I doubt the newscast will improve, unless they start reporting all news and stop tooting their horns on how great(possibly bad) they cover the news. Although when someone is shot by a thug,the street interviews are entertaining, because they are some of the dumbest people in our society.

Newport News, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 18, 2008

Biff wrote:
I doubt the newscast will improve, unless they start reporting all news and stop tooting their horns on how great(possibly bad) they cover the news. Although when someone is shot by a thug,the street interviews are entertaining, because they are some of the dumbest people in our society.
I have always wondered why they pick the dumbest people on the street to talk to.
Citizen

Norfolk, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 18, 2008

Welcome Back Ester!
faithful watcher

Huntsville, AL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 18, 2008

Where is Les Smith, David Nelson, Jim Lawrence, Adam Owens, and others that have left Wavy 10 in the last year? I really would like to know why they left. My bet was on the new management. Is there a place where we can go for answers? Les Smith had been there 22 years and then resigned on a weekend. Something isn't right. If they don't value their long time people why should we value them?

Newport News, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 18, 2008

faithful watcher wrote:
Where is Les Smith, David Nelson, Jim Lawrence, Adam Owens, and others that have left Wavy 10 in the last year? I really would like to know why they left. My bet was on the new management. Is there a place where we can go for answers? Les Smith had been there 22 years and then resigned on a weekend. Something isn't right. If they don't value their long time people why should we value them?
I'm with you. I wonder what happened. I , too, am a faithful channel 10 news watcher. It's the only newscast I watch. Where did they all go?
real

Virginia Beach, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 18, 2008

Simple answers.
It's a lot cheaper to have 20-somethings on staff with no experience than to have 20+ year veterans on staff. News is not about news. It's about $$.
WAVY News 10 and all news is about one thing only.- Filling time between commercials. Content isn't important as long as someone buys the ad space.
That's the environment of a TV News operation.
wow

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 18, 2008

Welcome back Ester! I remember when you were on Channel 3. All of a sudden you left and you were missed. You look great too, good job and I wish you the best.
wow

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 18, 2008

Welcome back Esther! I remember when you were on Channel 3. All of a sudden you left and you were missed. You look great too, good job and I wish you the best with Channel 10.
JustSoYouKnow

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 19, 2008

NIKI in NN wrote:
I really want to know what happened to David Nelson..just out of curiousity
This isn't about David Nelson!! Welcome aboard Ms. Esther Pierre, a fresh face is more than appreciated. I'd like to extend my heartfelt thanks to management at "10 On Your Side". Keep on keeping it fresh. With her background and education, can't help but be a win-win situation.
JustSoYouKnow

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 19, 2008

real wrote:
Simple answers.
It's a lot cheaper to have 20-somethings on staff with no experience than to have 20+ year veterans on staff. News is not about news. It's about $$.
WAVY News 10 and all news is about one thing only.- Filling time between commercials. Content isn't important as long as someone buys the ad space.
That's the environment of a TV News operation.
HATER! People do move on in their careers. Standing or sitting idle with no means of advancement is for those who lack ambition and life goals. When,why,and how is none of anyone's business as to why someone isn't on "10 On Your Side's" staff. Some of you are just to da** bored with your own life. Just make sure you are in good standing with your employer.
Jack

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 19, 2008

JustSoYouKnow wrote:
<quoted text>HATER! People do move on in their careers. Standing or sitting idle with no means of advancement is for those who lack ambition and life goals. When,why,and how is none of anyone's business as to why someone isn't on "10 On Your Side's" staff. Some of you are just to da** bored with your own life. Just make sure you are in good standing with your employer.
Ohhhh we have the WAVY TV (Lintv) employee back with a different name. You sure are eat up with it. How can you continue to defend the awful employment practices of Lintv? Many very good employess have been trashed by this company mainly because management refuses to get control over the head of the news department.

Les Smith, David Nelson, Kay Young, Adam Owen just to name a few.

Viewers need to boycott WAVY-10 and Fox-43. WVEC is a very good alternative station for local news.
Think 1st

Hampton, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 19, 2008

Jack wrote:
<quoted text>
Viewers need to boycott WAVY-10 and Fox-43. WVEC is a very good alternative station for local news.
I actually agree with Jack (I need a TUMS), boycott WAVY.

It is for a completely different reason though. What the he77 is up with showing some 70's flick (Ironside) instead of the NHL game?

Even if you don't like hockey (we'll create a different thread for that argument, a live sporting event is better than an obscure movie.
doc -wedding photographer

Virginia Beach, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 7, 2008

Dear Esther, glad your back,
great job, you've come a long
way since we met at Greenbrier
mall. Would love to see your
new addition.(tuttle)
Baffled

Portsmouth, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 7, 2008

You must be kidding. This is a professional addition? Think not. Sorry but I wasn't impressed with her at her former station.
its possible wrote:
Esther Pierre is everywhere..Glad to see you back.
Baffled

Virginia Beach, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 7, 2008

Fresh face? Are you kidding?
JustSoYouKnow wrote:
<quoted text>This isn't about David Nelson!! Welcome aboard Ms. Esther Pierre, a fresh face is more than appreciated. I'd like to extend my heartfelt thanks to management at "10 On Your Side". Keep on keeping it fresh. With her background and education, can't help but be a win-win situation.
bring her back

Levittown, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 3, 2009

please
uh yeah

Newport News, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 3, 2009

bring her back wrote:
please
Go away, story was well over a year ago. Move on.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 1 - 20 of20
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

6 Users are viewing the Decatur Forum right now

Search the Decatur Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
IL Ill. House Approves Legalizing Same-Sex Civil U... (Dec '10) 15 min Registered Earth Angel 47,046
IL Who do you support for Governor in Illinois in ... (Oct '10) 2 hr jimtownhounddogsniffing 3,777
IL Who do you support for U.S. Senate in Illinois ... (Oct '10) 23 hr jimtownhounddogsniffing 6,533
IL Illinois Governor Recall Amendment (Oct '10) Wed Be kuel 1,808
IL Who do you support for Attorney General in Illi... (Oct '10) Wed Be kuel 638
IL Who do you support for Secretary of State in Il... (Oct '10) Tue Tired 503
IL Who do you support for Comptroller in Illinois ... (Oct '10) Tue Rediculous 253
•••
•••
•••
•••

Decatur Jobs

•••
•••
•••

Decatur People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••

Personal Finance