WAVY announces addition to reporting staff

Esther Pierre has been hired as late news reporter at WAVY-TV, Channel 10. On the job a week already, she'll also serve as part of the "10 On Your Side" political team. Full Story
its possible

United States

#1 Jan 18, 2008
Esther Pierre is everywhere..Glad to see you back.

“Boldly going nowhere...”

Since: Oct 07

Newport News, VA

#2 Jan 18, 2008
I really want to know what happened to David Nelson..just out of curiousity
Jack

Los Angeles, CA

#3 Jan 18, 2008
The Femi-Nazi news director is still at it I see.

Remember Les Smith and David Nelson!
Biff

Hampton, VA

#4 Jan 18, 2008
I doubt the newscast will improve, unless they start reporting all news and stop tooting their horns on how great(possibly bad) they cover the news. Although when someone is shot by a thug,the street interviews are entertaining, because they are some of the dumbest people in our society.

“Boldly going nowhere...”

Since: Oct 07

Newport News, VA

#5 Jan 18, 2008
Biff wrote:
I doubt the newscast will improve, unless they start reporting all news and stop tooting their horns on how great(possibly bad) they cover the news. Although when someone is shot by a thug,the street interviews are entertaining, because they are some of the dumbest people in our society.
I have always wondered why they pick the dumbest people on the street to talk to.
Citizen

Norfolk, VA

#6 Jan 18, 2008
Welcome Back Ester!
faithful watcher

Huntsville, AL

#7 Jan 18, 2008
Where is Les Smith, David Nelson, Jim Lawrence, Adam Owens, and others that have left Wavy 10 in the last year? I really would like to know why they left. My bet was on the new management. Is there a place where we can go for answers? Les Smith had been there 22 years and then resigned on a weekend. Something isn't right. If they don't value their long time people why should we value them?

“Boldly going nowhere...”

Since: Oct 07

Newport News, VA

#8 Jan 18, 2008
faithful watcher wrote:
Where is Les Smith, David Nelson, Jim Lawrence, Adam Owens, and others that have left Wavy 10 in the last year? I really would like to know why they left. My bet was on the new management. Is there a place where we can go for answers? Les Smith had been there 22 years and then resigned on a weekend. Something isn't right. If they don't value their long time people why should we value them?
I'm with you. I wonder what happened. I , too, am a faithful channel 10 news watcher. It's the only newscast I watch. Where did they all go?
real

Virginia Beach, VA

#9 Jan 18, 2008
Simple answers.
It's a lot cheaper to have 20-somethings on staff with no experience than to have 20+ year veterans on staff. News is not about news. It's about $$.
WAVY News 10 and all news is about one thing only.- Filling time between commercials. Content isn't important as long as someone buys the ad space.
That's the environment of a TV News operation.
wow

Charlotte, NC

#10 Jan 18, 2008
Welcome back Ester! I remember when you were on Channel 3. All of a sudden you left and you were missed. You look great too, good job and I wish you the best.
wow

Charlotte, NC

#11 Jan 18, 2008
Welcome back Esther! I remember when you were on Channel 3. All of a sudden you left and you were missed. You look great too, good job and I wish you the best with Channel 10.
JustSoYouKnow

Norfolk, VA

#12 Jan 19, 2008
NIKI in NN wrote:
I really want to know what happened to David Nelson..just out of curiousity
This isn't about David Nelson!! Welcome aboard Ms. Esther Pierre, a fresh face is more than appreciated. I'd like to extend my heartfelt thanks to management at "10 On Your Side". Keep on keeping it fresh. With her background and education, can't help but be a win-win situation.
JustSoYouKnow

Norfolk, VA

#13 Jan 19, 2008
real wrote:
Simple answers.
It's a lot cheaper to have 20-somethings on staff with no experience than to have 20+ year veterans on staff. News is not about news. It's about $$.
WAVY News 10 and all news is about one thing only.- Filling time between commercials. Content isn't important as long as someone buys the ad space.
That's the environment of a TV News operation.
HATER! People do move on in their careers. Standing or sitting idle with no means of advancement is for those who lack ambition and life goals. When,why,and how is none of anyone's business as to why someone isn't on "10 On Your Side's" staff. Some of you are just to da** bored with your own life. Just make sure you are in good standing with your employer.
Jack

United States

#14 Jan 19, 2008
JustSoYouKnow wrote:
<quoted text>HATER! People do move on in their careers. Standing or sitting idle with no means of advancement is for those who lack ambition and life goals. When,why,and how is none of anyone's business as to why someone isn't on "10 On Your Side's" staff. Some of you are just to da** bored with your own life. Just make sure you are in good standing with your employer.
Ohhhh we have the WAVY TV (Lintv) employee back with a different name. You sure are eat up with it. How can you continue to defend the awful employment practices of Lintv? Many very good employess have been trashed by this company mainly because management refuses to get control over the head of the news department.

Les Smith, David Nelson, Kay Young, Adam Owen just to name a few.

Viewers need to boycott WAVY-10 and Fox-43. WVEC is a very good alternative station for local news.
Think 1st

Hampton, VA

#15 Jan 19, 2008
Jack wrote:
<quoted text>
Viewers need to boycott WAVY-10 and Fox-43. WVEC is a very good alternative station for local news.
I actually agree with Jack (I need a TUMS), boycott WAVY.

It is for a completely different reason though. What the he77 is up with showing some 70's flick (Ironside) instead of the NHL game?

Even if you don't like hockey (we'll create a different thread for that argument, a live sporting event is better than an obscure movie.
doc -wedding photographer

Virginia Beach, VA

#16 Feb 7, 2008
Dear Esther, glad your back,
great job, you've come a long
way since we met at Greenbrier
mall. Would love to see your
new addition.(tuttle)
Baffled

Lexington Park, MD

#19 Feb 7, 2008
You must be kidding. This is a professional addition? Think not. Sorry but I wasn't impressed with her at her former station.
its possible wrote:
Esther Pierre is everywhere..Glad to see you back.
Baffled

Lexington Park, MD

#20 Feb 7, 2008
Fresh face? Are you kidding?
JustSoYouKnow wrote:
<quoted text>This isn't about David Nelson!! Welcome aboard Ms. Esther Pierre, a fresh face is more than appreciated. I'd like to extend my heartfelt thanks to management at "10 On Your Side". Keep on keeping it fresh. With her background and education, can't help but be a win-win situation.
bring her back

Trenton, NJ

#21 Jun 3, 2009
please
uh yeah

Newport News, VA

#22 Jun 3, 2009
bring her back wrote:
please
Go away, story was well over a year ago. Move on.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Decatur Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
23yr old guy here, any girls wanna hook up? Dec 4 yourbabydaddy 1
Mason Manufacturing Dec 2 Moonshine Hillbilly 1
any girls want to get pregnant? 24 yr w guy wil... Nov 24 yourbabydaddy 1
Teen Challenge Exposed! (Jul '07) Nov '14 Jeffery James Mis... 108
Melissa Jones Arrest-Criminal Sexual Abuse (Nov '08) Oct '14 Stoning homewreckers 385
Bethany Wagner Oct '14 HomeAlone 1
Alex Gaede Oct '14 Curious 1
Decatur Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

Decatur People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Decatur News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Decatur

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]

NFL Latest News

Updated 5:21 pm PST

Bleacher Report 5:21PM
Trestman's QB Change Fails to Provide Spark
Bleacher Report 6:10 PM
New York Giants vs. St. Louis Rams: Full Report Card Grades for St. Louis
NBC Sports 6:42 PM
St. Louis Rams lose 37-27 to Giants at home - NBC Sports
Bleacher Report 7:22 PM
Giants Show Resiliency, Maturity in Win
Yahoo! Sports 9:51 PM
Seahawks crush Cardinals to take control of NFC West