Toxicology Reports In On Decatur Teacher Involved In Deadly Acc...

Full story: WHNT News 19 463
The toxicology reports are in for a Decatur teacher involved in an accident that killed another driver. Full Story
First Prev
of 24
Next Last
lovinglife

AOL

#3 Apr 8, 2010
Had they not reported it...
*I now understand that toxocology reports are in/WHNT can not change the law and make them release the results.
*That it will be presented to the Grand jury.
*I do not keep up with every story /refreshed my memory of when, where,and that a person lost his life.
So Thanks WHNT for reporting the news!!!!
TICCUPP

Decatur, AL

#4 Apr 8, 2010
Here's some journalism 101 for the WHNT readership. The following list identifies the factors that journalists use to determine newsworthiness for certain stories. I'd say this story meets all 7 factors.

T=Timeliness
I=Impact
C=Currency
C=Conflict
U=Unusualness/Unique
P=Prominence
P=Proximity

As for the toxicology reports, due to the DA stating they have submitted the results to the state department for further analysis, essentially means there is a strong probability this TEACHER/COACH of children did have some mood-altering substance in his blood, or the tests came back inconclusive, which just means it didn't contain the "usual suspects" of substances. I would think that unless this is a standard procedure for an accident with a fatality, if the test results were negative, the report would not need further investigation.
Renegade

Charleston, SC

#6 Apr 9, 2010
All school district employees need to be drug tested yearly and a random drug test program set-up to test employees throughout their employment.
Reliable

Huntsville, AL

#8 Apr 9, 2010
And this guy is supposed to be working with kids! I'm surprised he hasn't been fired yet. One thing is for sure, if my kid had him as their PE teacher I would be raising heck at the school!
doesntmatter

Auburn, AL

#9 Apr 9, 2010
Some of ya'll are outrageous. You don't even know what happened yet and you are already accusing this man of something. How would you feel if you were in his shoes. Yes it is a horrible tragedy that the wreck happened, BUT IT DID. And there is nothing any of you can do to change it. So why say such crude things about him when you DON'T know him? Don't worry, when your day comes to be judged, GOD will take care of you if your worth it.
decatur al

Decatur, AL

#10 Apr 9, 2010
I agree some of the things said by some of you ignorant people are obserd. I have known Coach McIntire for about 20 yrs and I couldn't think of another person that I would trust more than him to watch my own child. Rusty is a great father,husband,friend and god fearing man. I seriously doubt that their is anything to this whole toxicology report deal but if their is Im sure there is a legitimate reason for it. I couldn't feel worse for the family who lost their loved one and my thoughts and prayers are with them. Tragedies happen everyday and they are never easy to deal with and everyone hurts from it.But we have to remember that everything happens for a reason even though we may not understand it,its Gods plan.
TICCUPP

Decatur, AL

#11 Apr 9, 2010
I wasn't accusing him of any wrongdoing. I was only suggesting it was peculiar that the DA had requested further analysis from the state after a local agency had conducted an exam.

I bet this guy is a world-class teacher and coach. My comment was to show how stories become newsworthy, and in reference to this particular tragedy, I base my comment from the information reported in the article.
so sad

Decatur, AL

#12 Apr 9, 2010
I just feel awful for everyone involved in this horrific accident! I pray that God will be with the victims family and with Mr. McIntyre and his family during this difficult time. I cant imagine how hard it is on both families..
Curious

Huntsville, AL

#13 Apr 10, 2010
They obviously found something in this toxicology report or else they wouldn't even waste their time with "further investigation" on it. Lets say he did have a good reason or even a prescription for having whatever drug in his system at the time, now why would he be, as he said, "killing time" driving around when he knew this drug could impair his driving ability?
JC FLorence

Corinth, MS

#14 Apr 10, 2010
I also wasn't jumping to conclusions about the toxicology report. I just don't think they should have posted this story until the results can be shared with the public because that makes him look bad without knowing the truth. I don't know the person so I cannot make an assessment. I just thought that the story was poorly written and honestly pointless if they are unable to share the results.
Decatur mom

Birmingham, AL

#15 Apr 10, 2010
I have to say my heart goes out to both families but whoever would trust their own child with Coach McIntyre, truly DOES NOT know him well!! He is nothing but sarcastic and tempermental. I have never witnessed encouraging words come out of his mouth to our boys on the field. Someone who took a man's life should live everyday of his with thanks. I have seen no regret from him. He is the same cocky arrogant ass(sorry), as he has was before this wreck. By the way, the morning of the wreck, he should have been at baseball workouts with our boys and the other coaches instead of killing time. He is lazy! Just had to clue you in on the Rusty McIntyre that I witness.
Tonys friend

Huntsville, AL

#16 Apr 10, 2010
Thanks Decatur mom for letting us know. I now feel no sympathy for Rusty McIntyre, just anger.
Road Killer

Austin, TX

#17 Apr 11, 2010
Renegade wrote:
All school district employees need to be drug tested yearly and a random drug test program set-up to test employees throughout their employment.
Are you saying this because Alabama does these tests? I know of one teacher who has taught a high school computer class for almost 10 years with NO teaching license or college degree in Huntsville, so if Alabama can't even require their instructors to have an education then I'm pretty sure they dont give a rat's butt of what they do in their off time.

I've taught middle and high school, as well as jr. college, in 4 states for over ten years and I've never been required to do a drug test. Since education is a nation's concern, I'd like to see teacher's requirements be a nation-wide mandate. Having a nation-wide check and requirement list would also prevent teachers like Rusty from just crossing the state line to get a new job.
Luv It

Decatur, AL

#18 Apr 11, 2010
Road Killer wrote:
<quoted text>
Are you saying this because Alabama does these tests? I know of one teacher who has taught a high school computer class for almost 10 years with NO teaching license or college degree in Huntsville, so if Alabama can't even require their instructors to have an education then I'm pretty sure they dont give a rat's butt of what they do in their off time.
I've taught middle and high school, as well as jr. college, in 4 states for over ten years and I've never been required to do a drug test. Since education is a nation's concern, I'd like to see teacher's requirements be a nation-wide mandate. Having a nation-wide check and requirement list would also prevent teachers like Rusty from just crossing the state line to get a new job.
You almost had me Road Killer. I thought maybe he has a real bone in his body after all but then I seen the post on the Russian Child. You are scum and you deserve to be put under the jail as well just for thinking of bashing a child in the head. If you really are a teacher then they need to do psych testing on all their teachers too. You are completely NUTS. It sickens me to think that the likes of you is still running around free. I’m sorry people to get off topic but if you have read his earlier posts and then found out he was a teacher. You would be upset too.
Disappointed

Decatur, AL

#19 Apr 12, 2010
I am very disappointed by some of these comments. I think it is very sad when people, who are unrelated to a situation, throw rocks at a man they don't know. I am a Decatur Firefighter/ Paramedic and I know Rusty personally. He is a good father, husband, and man. I am sure both families involved in this tragedy have had a hard time. But, I don't think all of these negative comments, are going to help anybody with this. Rusty was no different than any of us that morning. He was not speeding and was not under any influences. He was not mallicious in any way. I have seen alot of other people in this city and others have a bad day. I don't think they would like to be run through the mud. I think people should be sad about this tragedy, and allow the families to deal with it. I will pray for both families and hope you do too.
bobo

Raleigh, NC

#20 Apr 13, 2010
The stepdaughter of Anthony Cheek said weeks ago the tests for Rusty McIntyre came back positive for traces of methadone.

Who told her?

Can Mr. McIntyre get a fair hearing?
Bestworking

Athens, AL

#21 Apr 13, 2010
One thing I kept seeing in the posts was the question "Why was McIntyre out that early in that location"? I noticed no one ever ask why Cheek was out that early and in the location. Also, by reading some of the comments it seems some didn't think Mr. Cheek was a boyscout himself. I don't know either party, so no jumping to conclusions.
Decatur mom

Birmingham, AL

#22 Apr 13, 2010
Keep up, if you are going to talk. Mr. Cheek was on his way to work!!!
BRD

United States

#23 Apr 13, 2010
meth? I think I'll take my chances with road killer teaching
bobo

Raleigh, NC

#24 Apr 14, 2010
Methadone can be used for chronic pain management.

Mr. McIntyre has had knee surgery in the past.

Decatur mom - Saint Louis, MO Didnt you say Mr. McIntyre "the morning of the wreck, he should have been at baseball workouts with our boys"?

Was he "killing time" as the investigating police oficer stated or on his way to the workout?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 24
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Decatur Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
The 10 coolest Rocket City inventions on displa... 1 hr Kid_Tomorrow 1
Jason Klonowski murder investigation (Dec '13) Nov 19 Mr Sparkles 41
One Arrested in Decatur Shooting, Armed and Dan... (May '10) Nov 17 cartel del golfo 3
101 Inventions That Changed the World--Which do... Nov 16 SpaceBlues 2
Review: Angel Arms Nov 15 Felicia Taylor 1
Christmas Charities Year Round Accepting Applic... (Sep '10) Nov 14 Jackie brown 7
Man Sufferes 100 Orgasms A DAY Nov 13 ike Royyer 2
Decatur Dating
Find my Match

Decatur People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Decatur News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Decatur

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]

NFL Latest News

Updated 3:37 pm PST

Bleacher Report 3:37PM
Ryan, Smith Share Blame for Wasted Opportunity
Bleacher Report 6:40 PM
Grading Atlanta's Positional Units in Week 12
NBC Sports 8:25 PM
Is this the end of the Mike Smith era in Atlanta?
NBC Sports12:49 AM
Hoyer recovers, leads Browns past Falcons, 26-24 - NBC Sports
NFL 4:42 AM
Mike Smith explains shaky clock management in loss