Spencer declines to participate in Huntsville Times/WHNT mayoral debate

Jun 20, 2012 Full story: Alabama Live 14

HUNTSVILLE, Alabama -- Former Huntsville Mayor Loretta Spencer has declined an offer to participate with Mayor Tommy Battle and candidate Jackie Reed in a WHNT News 19/Huntsville Times debate on Aug.

Full Story
Sharon Johnston

Whitesburg, GA

#1 Jun 20, 2012
Loretta Spencer DOESN'T have to debate these fat drunk and stupid trailer trash rednecks! She's ten times smarter that any of those fools. Like that balack obamee, his buddy that mayor battles dude done ruined Huntspatch. I moved all the way to Harrison Township Michigan to get away fro that sorry mayor. As soon as Mayor Loretta gets back in office, I'm headed back home to my Sweet Home Alabama's Rocket City!
Dill Doe

United States

#2 Jun 20, 2012
Spencer is to senile to participate in any debate. She has to wear a diaper and need a driver.
Bob

Hanceville, AL

#3 Jun 20, 2012
Spencer has as much of a chance of winning as hell freezing over.
jec

Owens Cross Roads, AL

#4 Jun 21, 2012
I think Ms. Spencer has made it very clear by not wanting to debate, even when given options of dates, that the people of Huntsville are NOT important to her.
ThomasA

Gadsden, AL

#5 Jun 25, 2012
Loretta knows very well that the" Downtown Rescue Mission re-location to northwest Huntsville" fiasco will be a subject of the debate. She may be able to justify it in her mind but not in reality. It was a shady deal from the start and the citizens of Huntsville helped pay for developers to make some bucks from flipping those older homes in that area . We haven't forgiven and we sure as hell haven't forgotten!
ThomasA

Guntersville, AL

#6 Jun 25, 2012
And furthermore, she wants to bring in more mexcuns to work at her oil company. She used to hire the blacks to pump that oil, but with equal pay laws them blacks wanted a minimum wage, so now she wants her crews all mexcun. I don't trust them rich oil barons like her!
Eric T Johnson

Guntersville, AL

#7 Jun 25, 2012
ThomasA, you are such a douchebag.
I hate all you Alabama rednecks!!!
How can you people stand to live there?
ThomasA wrote:
Loretta knows very well that the" Downtown Rescue Mission re-location to northwest Huntsville" fiasco will be a subject of the debate. She may be able to justify it in her mind but not in reality. It was a shady deal from the start and the citizens of Huntsville helped pay for developers to make some bucks from flipping those older homes in that area . We haven't forgiven and we sure as hell haven't forgotten!
ThomasA wrote:
And furthermore, she wants to bring in more mexcuns to work at her oil company. She used to hire the blacks to pump that oil, but with equal pay laws them blacks wanted a minimum wage, so now she wants her crews all mexcun. I don't trust them rich oil barons like her!
ThomasA

Gadsden, AL

#8 Jun 25, 2012
Eric T Johnson wrote:
<quoted text>
<quoted text>
Funny boy? People can easily see you're overposting under another name from another location. Your plan didn't work.
Southern Man

Madison, AL

#9 Jul 11, 2012
Sharon Johnston wrote:
Loretta Spencer DOESN'T have to debate these fat drunk and stupid trailer trash rednecks! She's ten times smarter that any of those fools. Like that balack obamee, his buddy that mayor battles dude done ruined Huntspatch. I moved all the way to Harrison Township Michigan to get away fro that sorry mayor. As soon as Mayor Loretta gets back in office, I'm headed back home to my Sweet Home Alabama's Rocket City!
Don't bother with moving back - do us all a favor and just stay in
Michigan!
guin

Huntsville, AL

#10 Jul 13, 2012
Eric T Johnson wrote:
<quoted text>
<quoted text>
rather to be alabama redneck than anything that comes form michigan. if loretta spencer is elected again, north huntsville can kiss their road work goodbye.
Jenna G

Russellville, AL

#11 Jul 27, 2012
I would be proud to have Loretta Spencer as our mayor again. I thought she did a fine job. No administration is without mistakes and with all the work she did for our city in the 12 years she was our mayor, a few mistakes were bound to be made. However, people seem to be overlooking all of the positive things she did for our city and how many times you would see her face around ALL areas of Huntsville at civic event SUPPORTING her city. Tommy Battle is political and cares more about holding the office and title than really getting his hands dirty and working for our city. Loretta Spencer all the way!
Mr Sparkles

United States

#12 Jul 27, 2012
Lorettta was responsible for the jail $45 million over run. What an idiot
ThomasA

Birmingham, AL

#13 Jul 27, 2012
Mr Sparkles wrote:
Lorettta was responsible for the jail $45 million over run. What an idiot
Not a Loretta supporter but you can't throw the blame for the overruns entirely on her. The project was bid out and well underway just before the supply industry went into an upward spiral not seen since the mid- seventies. Anything that contained steel,aluminun,copper,or petroieum based compounds saw increases dailey and weekly. Some of those products doubled and tripled in price. Other than the concrete itself,those products were the base for most all items being put in the building. The choice was either to take the increases or the suppliers would not ship and that would have shut the whole project totally down just as it was getting started and it would have sat there and deteriorated worse than it did while they were fighting with the contractor. Most of the public don't realize how a large bid like this is bid with a" price in effect at time of shipment" clause for the duration of construction time which sometimes can take several years to finish. The only way to prevent this from happening is have ALL the materials paid for in advance and have a gigantic warehousing facility to hold the material until needed. This wasn't all the overruns. There was still re-designs and faulty construction processes that had to be corrected. I can overlook the cost overrun on the jail as "__it Happens" but Lorretta's involvement in the Downtown Rescue Mission fiasco cannot be overlooked. That was city hall at it's worst!
Shawn

Hazel Green, AL

#14 Aug 24, 2012
Sharon Johnston wrote:
Then I hope she looses, because you'll be one less idiot he have here.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Decatur Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Forensic Evidence Supports Ferguson Police Shoo... Oct 18 Hans Omaicok 3
Meeting Asians Oct 18 Dick Goesinher 3
Who do you support for Sheriff in Alabama (Madi... (Oct '10) Oct 17 Rosa Parks 27
Youths recognized for community spirit (Apr '07) Oct 16 Eric Cartman1870 4
Ebola Patient Vomited on Children Oct 15 PigTail at The Grove 17
Cottages At Indian Lake SE Huntsville Oct 15 Aunt Flo Kimble E... 5
Still trending in 6 states Oct 13 Charles Shaw 6
Decatur Dating
Find my Match

Decatur Jobs

Decatur People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Decatur News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Decatur

Personal Finance