East Liberty, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 10, 2010

Judged:

The Riverside Marching Band is turning nothing to something. With the teachings by Tim Shook, the band is competing in the Ohio Music Education Association for the first time ever. The band would like to know how we are doing and what we can do to impress you more.
number one thing

Centerburg, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 10, 2010

Judged:

Music and sound are really improving. Great Job. However, the number one thing that is needed is marching ability. It still confuses me how someone can be in marching band, play an instrument, and NOT be able to march in step. That is what is needed the most....Marching ability....knowing that you begin marching with your left foot on beat one...etc...
impressed

Sidney, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 11, 2010

Judged:

You guys are doing a great job.
balance

Galena, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 12, 2010

Judged:

Be sure to keep brass and woodwinds on both sides so you don't sound like a blown speaker. If one side is louder than the other it will make you off balanced. I don't know who the tall trumpet player is, but he is doing a great job. So are the few times I can hear the clarinets! I love the head chop, keep the regular instruments, you don't need to borrow extra trumpets, it's more impressive to duck a clarinet or a trombone!! I know it can be done, because I did it as a kid. Drum line is SO IMPORTANT, a rockin' beat is SO HARD to resist! Also, play some great upbeat music so we, in the crowd, can jam to it. We love that kind of stuff. When standing in place, let the kids groove. Great seeing kids move with the music. It was awesome to see them at the Bellefontaine Band Show, take a lesson from the other bands and really rock it! I AM SO GLAD to see an interest in the middle school... heard there's something like 90 kids in band? That's PHENOMINAL! Can't wait to see what he does with it!!!! AND WE NEED A BAND BLOWOUT at school so parents and public can come to a real concert by the band at the end of each season. HELL, I WANT TO SEE THEM AGAIN SOMETIME! We are SO PROUD OF THE PROGRESS... now have a concert so we CAN SHOW YOU OFF!!! KEEP UP THE GREAT WORK!
yadigg

Oxford, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 12, 2010

Wow, "balance" really knows there stuff. I think, cause I know nothing about it lol
old band geek

Asheville, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 18, 2010

I hear that the band did a spectacular job at a show over the weekend. Way to go band!!
re old band geek

West Liberty, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 18, 2010

I saw on facebook that they came in 3rd at a pretty major competition and missed competeing on the state level by a few points? WOW! Way to go, Pirates! That is really fantastic! So glad that they are getting the chance to do this! I am so proud of all of you! Well done, teacher!
Go Pirates

Sidney, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 21, 2010

Also love the bands involvement while in the stands... Keep up the great work kids....
amazing

Mount Vernon, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 22, 2010

They did an awesome job at the October fest at the school last night. This is by far the greatest band that RHS has had in a long time Keep up the excellent work.
balance

Mount Vernon, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 22, 2010

I completely agree! Last night they absolutely blew us away in the auditeria. It was fantastic! There was balance! No one side out blew the other! The music was fun. The head chop was awesome! I pray that they add other fun things to their repretoire like the head chop. We could plainly hear the woodwinds and whoever that tall trumpet player is sounded terrific, good thing he can play great, he has the main thread! I hope he doesn't graduate anytime soon. The trombones were fantastic! They have a great group of kids and I hope it grows now that everyone knows how out of this world they are becoming! Then, after the event last night, they were STILL PRACTICING ON THE FIELD OUTSIDE! AMAZING Group of KIDS! SUCH HARD WORKERS! YES!
fan

Bellefontaine, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 2, 2011

how many are in the marching band this year?
guessing

Willard, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 4, 2011

Its somewhere in the 40-50 range? There were over 40 out there the other day.
New trumpet marcher

Saint Paris, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 21, 2011

Judged:

This years marching band is going to be way better than last years were hoping for state!!!!! Wish us luck!!!!!!!!!
Fan

Saint Paris, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 11, 2011

Riverside did great at licking heights!!!! They are amazing!!!!
WOW BAND

Mount Vernon, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 12, 2011

WOW! Riverside's band is really ROCKING! I seen a youtube video off a kid's facebook page that was awesome. They sound fantastic! They LOOK EVEN BETTER! keep up the great work kids! SO PROUD TO HAVE A GREAT BAND!
re Fan

Mount Vernon, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 12, 2011

Judged:

There are 36 NEW KIDS to the band this year, bringing the total to 50 kids in the band. 36 NEW KIDS... and they look so good, like they've been playing for years. I am so proud of them. They won 3 trophy's at Licking Heights Invitational on Saturday. One for best small band. One for best Percussion, and I can't remember what the 3rd one was for. They have videos on YouTube that you can see. They have all been practicing very hard and it really shows. So proud of our PIRATE BAND!!!5273
balance

Mount Vernon, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 12, 2011

Judged:

I've noticed more woodwinds this year. AND YOU CAN HEAR THEM! NICE WORK KIDS! Also glad to finally hear trombones too. And are there Mellos out there? or do my eyes decieve me? AWESOME! FINALLY some real quality musicianship being shown! And you say that 36 of them are NEW to marching band? WOW! That is great! Looks like something really great is happening at Riverside! I hope the momentum keeps going. If the band grows that quickly, you'll have a fantastic music program going on over there. Hope the boosters are making plans for the instruments and uniforms because those kids deserve it after all of this hard work! Looking forward to seeing them blow the rest away at the Bellefontaine Spectacular this weekend!!!
Fan

Saint Paris, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 12, 2011

Judged:

I go to the footballgames just for the marchimg band!!!!
The Band is GREAT

Mansfield, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 17, 2011

balance wrote:
I've noticed more woodwinds this year. AND YOU CAN HEAR THEM! NICE WORK KIDS! Also glad to finally hear trombones too. And are there Mellos out there? or do my eyes decieve me? AWESOME! FINALLY some real quality musicianship being shown! And you say that 36 of them are NEW to marching band? WOW! That is great! Looks like something really great is happening at Riverside! I hope the momentum keeps going. If the band grows that quickly, you'll have a fantastic music program going on over there. Hope the boosters are making plans for the instruments and uniforms because those kids deserve it after all of this hard work! Looking forward to seeing them blow the rest away at the Bellefontaine Spectacular this weekend!!!
Two Mellos!

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

De Graff Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
OH Who do you support for Governor in Ohio in 2010? (Oct '10) 3 hr Old Guy 30,458
Riverside administration 15 hr Frustrated 1
Riverside Local School Bus sitting at the Red Cup 19 hr Tax payer 1
OH Who do you support for Treasurer in Ohio in 2010? (Oct '10) Aug 20 Marvin Levels 188
sandra green. thief. Aug 17 Sara 2
Red Cup Aug 17 Hungary 10
ashley bosley Aug 11 heyho 1
•••
•••
•••

De Graff Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

De Graff People Search