Rhea County Commission agrees to buy property for La-Z-Boy use

May 16, 2012 Full story: daytonherald.net 8

On Tuesday Rhea County commissioners approved a resolution to purchase property for La-Z-Boy's local trucking needs. County Executive George Thacker said following the unanimous vote, "This is the first time this commission has done something we can point to and say, 'We brought these jobs here.' We're sending a message that we want jobs and we want La-Z-Boy here. We want expansion here."

Full Story
out of work driver

Cleveland, TN

#1 May 16, 2012
I have a CDL. If it has wheel I can drive it. I would love to land me a job at lazboy.

“Making paper Spending coins”

Since: Jan 12

Location hidden

#2 May 17, 2012
out of work driver wrote:
I have a CDL. If it has wheel I can drive it. I would love to land me a job at lazboy.
Not trying to sound like a dickhead but if you currently possess a cdl why do you not currently have a job?
convoy

Cleveland, TN

#3 May 17, 2012
9miletn wrote:
<quoted text>
Not trying to sound like a dickhead but if you currently possess a cdl why do you not currently have a job?
Ever hear of a lot lizard?

“Making paper Spending coins”

Since: Jan 12

Location hidden

#4 May 17, 2012
convoy wrote:
<quoted text>Ever hear of a lot lizard?
Yep, and for those that are wondering what they are:
Lot Lizard: n.(lott-liz-zurd): trashy, street-level, female prostitutes who frequent some truck-stop parking lots and rest areas at night. Most lot lizards openly "advertise" using CB radios; others boldly walk from truck to truck randomly knocking on doors. Same as: commercial company; lizard; pavement princess; sleeper leaper.

For any further explanation please feel free to contact George Thacker. He should be able to supply any local contacts as well as fees and fee negotiations.
Bill

Cleveland, TN

#5 May 19, 2012
9miletn wrote:
<quoted text>
Not trying to sound like a dickhead but if you currently possess a cdl why do you not currently have a job?
No one said they didn't have a job, they just said they'd like to have a job at La-Z-Boy. Sometimes people do and have changed jobs for better benefits, different shift, location, many reasons. Some people are just getting CDLs. Just a few possibilities. Not everybody is a loser because they don't have a job right now. Im not trying to sound like a dickhead either.
Bill

Cleveland, TN

#6 May 19, 2012
9miletn wrote:
<quoted text>
Yep, and for those that are wondering what they are:
Lot Lizard: n.(lott-liz-zurd): trashy, street-level, female prostitutes who frequent some truck-stop parking lots and rest areas at night. Most lot lizards openly "advertise" using CB radios; others boldly walk from truck to truck randomly knocking on doors. Same as: commercial company; lizard; pavement princess; sleeper leaper.
For any further explanation please feel free to contact George Thacker. He should be able to supply any local contacts as well as fees and fee negotiations.
I thought the topic was about La-Z-Boy , property, rhea county commission and some jobs around here. Even with attempting to make a positive move in a good direction there will always be someone to block it with a cocky negative remark to diminish the positive with the negative. I thought you were all about coal mining anyways. In playing the game of playing on words, why would you even pull a cockblock on a good move in this county for some jobs for some of the people that are willing to, want to, and would go for a job like this? We don't need the definition of a Lot Lizard, which I'm pretty sure the majority of us Rhea county adults are smart enough to know what that is. What we do need here is jobs.

“Making paper Spending coins”

Since: Jan 12

Location hidden

#7 May 19, 2012
Bill wrote:
<quoted text>I thought the topic was about La-Z-Boy , property, rhea county commission and some jobs around here. Even with attempting to make a positive move in a good direction there will always be someone to block it with a cocky negative remark to diminish the positive with the negative. I thought you were all about coal mining anyways. In playing the game of playing on words, why would you even pull a cockblock on a good move in this county for some jobs for some of the people that are willing to, want to, and would go for a job like this? We don't need the definition of a Lot Lizard, which I'm pretty sure the majority of us Rhea county adults are smart enough to know what that is. What we do need here is jobs.
I'm not cock blocking anyone. I'm neither for nor against the coal mining. And that truck driver made the initial mention of lot lizard and I was making a joke of it. As far as Lazyboy and the trucking is concerned I wish them well.

Did anyone see the Lazyboy truck that got pulled over by the trooper yesterday at the Exxon? The driver not only got a ticket for 62 in a 45 but got a dot inspection at the same time. The trooper said that Dayton had its hand full with the other side of the tracks so he was patrolling Dayton state routes. It's a shame that the state has to step in and do our locals job for them.
go ahead

Cleveland, TN

#8 May 19, 2012
I'll bet 50 to 1 that Laz-Z-Boy will locate their truck terminal in Tazewell.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Dayton Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Merry Christmas 8 hr Billy Woods 1
Daniel Moats Wed goat 2
who is the Mexican bringing in all the cocaine? Tue dimb 7
Hottie @ IAC Tue Okay 20
morgan allen Dec 23 Frankie 4
help! Bed Bugs Dec 22 fred 2
Who knows about the 57 yr old Sheila Philips Dec 21 fred 2
Dayton Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

Dayton People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Dayton News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Dayton

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]

NFL Latest News

Updated 2:59 pm PST

Yahoo! Sports 2:59PM
Falcons QB Matt Ryan pushing to win for coach Mike Smith
NBC Sports12:54 PM
Julio Jones, Steven Jackson remain out of Falcons practice
NFL 1:05 PM
Injury roundup: Julio Jones sits again; Green returns
NBC Sports 3:28 PM
Falcons hope to avoid another injury in secondary - NBC Sports
ESPN 4:59 PM
Falcons RB Jackson likely out, sources say