Bush Big Oil

Loveland, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 12, 2011

http://www.whiotv.com/news/26468377/detail.ht...

Posted: 1:46 pm EST January 12, 2011
Updated: 3:09 pm EST January 12, 2011

DAYTON, Ohio -- A Montgomery County grand jury has indicted former Southern Christian Leadership Conference President Raleigh Trammell on more than 50 counts, including theft and forgery.
Trammell, 74, was indicted on one count of grand theft, 25 counts of forgery and 25 counts of tampering with government records.
The grand theft charge against Trammell is in regards to the meal delivery program that he allegedly ran with Job and Family Services. The charge states that the meals were never delivered and that Trammell kept the money.
The forgery charge stems from invoices that he signed. The tampering with government records charge alleges that Trammell signed off on paperwork that he would deliver the meals.
While leading the Dayton SCLC chapter, the organization lost all public funding following allegations of federal, state and taxpayer money being misspent.
Last February, agents with the FBI raided the Dayton SCLC headquarters and Trammell's home, along with the home of his daughter, Angela. She ran some of the SCLC programs. The SCLC lost more than $400,000 in public funding in 2010.
According to our partners at the Dayton Daily News, Trammell also was accused of sexual harassment by a Dayton SCLC employee, DaMisha Douglas, who filed a lawsuit in Montgomery County Common Pleas Court in August. The case is pending and a jury trial is scheduled for September. In June, the Ohio Civil Rights Commission found probable cause that the SCLC allowed discrimination against Douglas.
In 2010, Trammell lost his positions with the local and national levels of the SCLC after a disagreement of allegations that he and former SCLC national treasurer Spiver Gordon had misappropriated at least $569,000 in national funds, according to Dayton Daily News. The FBI is now investigating.
Trammell is expected to turn himself in within the hour.
Stay tuned to News Center 7 and whiotv.com for more on this developing story.
Bush Big Oil

Loveland, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 12, 2011

Raleigh is reported to be "out of town" right now.

Since: Jan 10

Dayton, Oh

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 12, 2011

It's just the nature of the beast. Liberals think they can do anything they want with our money.
The Duke of Hazard

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 12, 2011

Too bad that these gutless nutless witless bitchin' media-'ho prosecutors and politicians did not expose and stop him a few hundred-thousand dollars or so, like ya know. Now, we ration our compations and hateful donations because we no longer trust any of the many of them much.
Bush Big Oil

Loveland, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 14, 2011

He is now in the Mont. Co jail, they were walking him in on the noon news! They said he might have bond set and be out by 5pm though

Since: Aug 08

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 14, 2011

The story on the DDN says that the individual in charge of the SCLC says that Trammell did do good in Dayton and he shouldn't be judged.

So could someone tell me what he did that was so good??

Enjoy prison Trammell...it was a long time coming but well deserved!!!
Bush Big Oil

Loveland, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 14, 2011

TheRealDew1234 wrote:
The story on the DDN says that the individual in charge of the SCLC says that Trammell did do good in Dayton and he shouldn't be judged.
Happy New Year Dewdrop, long time no see.

I totally agree with your post. One of the few times it happened. They are having a field day with his mugshot on Facebook. Jill Del Greco posted it and they are up to 40 comments in just a half hour. brahahahahahaha!!!!

Hell, even the African Americans CAN'T STAND HIM EITHER! That's very telling when the "bro network" doesn't back him.
Bush Big Oil

Loveland, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 14, 2011

Oh, and I'm waiting for Chief and his goons to call us racists.
Bush Big Oil

Loveland, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 14, 2011

bushman

Columbus, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 14, 2011

Most African Americans are good people. reporters from whio are not.
Felony Theft

Loveland, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 14, 2011

bushman wrote:
Most African Americans are good people. reporters from whio are not.
Hey, before you post that libelous remark, why don't you explain why you said that

Dayton, Oh

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 15, 2011

Trammell always reminded me of the little monkey tied to the organ grinder.
The Old Cold Warrior

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 16, 2011

Damn! It is going to be hard for them and their pet poverty-pimps to play the race card, while we bitch and holler about all of those lost thousands of dollars.

Dayton, Oh

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 16, 2011

I want REPARATIONS!!!
evil conservative

Bellefontaine, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 16, 2011

Samst0ne wrote:
I want REPARATIONS!!!
Not only was he corrupt, but over the years, Trammell led the charge with the other black ministers to City Hall and was key in getting a lot of innocent Dayton Police Officers reprimanded, suspended, and fired.
evil conservative

Bellefontaine, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 16, 2011

SamstOne, I wasn't directing that at you, I hit the REPLY key in error.

But, reparations is a good idea!
Bush Big Oil

Loveland, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 16, 2011

evil conservative wrote:
<quoted text>
Not only was he corrupt, but over the years, Trammell led the charge with the other black ministers to City Hall and was key in getting a lot of innocent Dayton Police Officers reprimanded, suspended, and fired.
Are you sure those officers hands were clean? Look at some of the crap that has been pulled by DPD.
Give me a list of names, and we can judge on a case by case basis. Fair enough?
evil conservative

Bellefontaine, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 16, 2011

A lot cleaner than Raleigh's...HAAAAAAAAAAAAA
and the thugs he was defending.
Bush Big Oil

Loveland, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 20, 2011

TheRealDew1234 wrote:
Candy Crouse is his lawyer. Who does she work for?

Since: Aug 08

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 20, 2011

She works for Strauss & Troy.
A criminal defense firm in Cincinnati.

Guess Trammell couldn't get a Dayton attorney to represent him...they all know he's guilty.

Though I'm shocked he didn't get Rion. Interesting.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Dayton Discussions

Search the Dayton Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
OH Who do you support for Governor in Ohio in 2010? (Oct '10) 3 hr Old Guy 29,340
The 25 Most Dangerous Cities in the U.S. Are Mo... (Nov '10) 5 hr anna kukelski 18,564
would love to meet a cougar 11 hr Fan of Leon The Man 3
"I was not asked or consulted about this" 11 hr Fan of Leon The Man 1
Our recommendation: Springboro voters should sa... (Feb '08) 12 hr Spiffy Quotes 31,135
The Fed is dumping illegals in Ohio. 17 hr Bob Rooney 1
Who do you support for U.S. Senate in Ohio in 2... (Oct '10) Sat Go Blue Forever 2,218
•••
•••
•••
•••

Dayton Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Dayton People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••