'Fox News Sunday' to Host Kentucky Senate Debate

Oct 1, 2010 | Posted by: Top Mod2 | Full story: thecaucus.blogs.nytimes.com

"Fox News Sunday" is heading to Louisville, Ky. Jack Conway, Kentucky's attorney general and the Democratic candidate for Senate , and Rand Paul, the Republican nominee and son of Representative Ron Paul, Republican of Texas, have agreed to a live debate on "Fox News Sunday" on Oct.3 at 9 a.m. (Eastern time).

Comments
44,661 - 44,680 of 149,733 Comments Last updated 6 min ago
AmericanMan

Russellville, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 19, 2012

Judged:

ur footnmouth disease wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh...now I see. Sort of like GE. They haven't paid one penny in Corporate taxes since Obama was elected president. They have received billions in free tax payer dollars via Obama and the democrats in the last 4 years.. Hmmmm...is that how it is supposed to work? Immelt is the number one visitor to the White House in the last 4 years. He's been there more times than crazy Joe! So that explains the huge union officials support for Obama and GE corporates have to love paying no taxes and getting lots of free money from Obama but that doesn't seem to fall comfortably into your solution at all. Please explain how your plan would work when Corporations don't pay any corporate taxes but receive free tax dollars. That's obviously the Obama success plan.
Stop typing unless you know the facts of which you post. Were it not for Obama having a talk with Immelt none of the jobs would have EVER came back to America and KY.
The relationship between GE Healthcare and Plexus illustrates well GE’s impact on Wisconsin’s economy. According to an independent study carried out for GE by the research firm TrippUmbach, GE Healthcare is adding annually $3.8 billion to Wisconsin’s economy, including $2 billion in direct spending and in purchases from 1,100 local suppliers like Plexus. The GE business employs 6,500 people in the state. Every 10 GE Healthcare jobs support additional 23 jobs Wisconsin.
http://www.gereports.com/keeping-the-badger-s...
GE will spend $1 billion on new plants and technologies to open 1,300 high-tech manufacturing jobs in the U.S. by 2014. Productivity and efficiency gains at new production lines in Kentucky, Indiana, and Alabama will be aided by a cutting-edge data center which opened in Louisville last year.
MARCH 20, 2012
GE opens a new refrigerator plant at Appliance Park in Louisville, Kentucky, today. The plant is part of GE Appliances’$1 billion drive to bring manufacturing to the U.S. and create 1,300 new jobs. But the investment also feeds a fertile economic ecosystem that thrives beyond GE factory gates.
Here’s how. A new study commissioned by GE estimated that the company and its 5,000 Kentucky employees help support through their spending and purchasing additional 7,300 jobs in the state. The study calculated that about one out of every 189 jobs in the Commonwealth Kentucky benefits from the economic link between GE and its employees, and their partners and customers.
We Pulled Out All the Stops:” GE to Open New Louisville Plant, Second in the City in Two Months
MARCH 19, 2012
Scott Latham spent 35 years working at GE’s Appliance Park in Louisville, Kentucky.“Thirty-four of those years were spent phasing out products,” the plant manager says.
But this year is different. In February GE started building GeoSpring hybrid water heaters at a new $38 million plant in Louisville, the first new GE factory in the city since 1957. Tomorrow, it will open another plant making high-tech refrigerators.“GE has invested in us and the city of Louisville,” operations manager Scott Douthett says.“The company is committed to building new innovative products in America.” His colleague, team leader Geoffrey Henderson, agrees.“Reviving American manufacturing isn’t going to be decided by the government,” he says.“It’s going to be decided by companies like GE.”
SSAgent

Russellville, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 19, 2012

Judged:

easy pickins wrote:
<quoted text>
When an American is murdered by that operation then we will let the Bush crowd police themselves too, huh? Oh, no Border Agent was murdered and the republicans still shut down that operation? What? Wait...are we discussing those things of which democrats are not allowed to speak of? Facts? Uh huh! lol
I am going to start grading you morons on your fast and furious attempts to FOCUS on something other than Obama's many failures and your attempt to DISTRACT people and blind them with your bullshit and DECEIVE the republic "enemy" at all costs.
F
New Border Agent Rule. Do not shoot an armed gang with a bean bag.
ObamaObama

Sedalia, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 19, 2012

SSAgent wrote:
<quoted text>New Border Agent Rule. Do not shoot an armed gang with a bean bag.
Ask them for ten dollars for my campaign so I will win.
culture vulture

Russell Springs, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 19, 2012

Judged:

Please explain wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm saying that if tax cuts are meant to create jobs, jobs have to be created in order to receive them. Don't give a tax cut and cross your fingers and hope they create jobs with it. In order to get the tax cut, they have to back it up with American jobs.
Now to assume every millionaire is a job creator is ridiculous. I'm talking about business taxes not personal taxes. The main problem in this country is jobs! And American consumers have to step up to the plate and demand American products and stop buying this cheap foreign crap! Everytime we buy something from China we're losing more jobs! It's time for the American consumer to take responsibilty, wield the power of their dollar, and stop bickering about the R and D beside someone's name!
Hey, this is a great post!! I agree with most of it with the exception of the 'main problem' being jobs while admitting that is major. But you also touched on it; the main problem is the citizens of this country afflicted with apathy. You bring up a major point with the need to boycott foreign-made products to boost jobs coming back to the U.S. I would love to see NAFTA REPEALED OR AT THE VERY LEAST RE-WRITTEN to protect ALL the trade countries best interests i.e. tit for tat to keep lop-sided situations like the one involving U.S./China from happening. We the people could control gas prices as well, but you can't find enough people who will stand for anything anymore. We could all stay home for a week,[or even half of us] and see a far more humble group in high places with the oil companies. And just tell them the next time they get greedy, we'll stay home 2 weeks. People will say'Oh, I can't afford to do that!' But at today's prices, how can we afford NOT to. Get the trucking companies involved, too. It really is as simple as that, but no one cares enough anymore. Thanks for listening!
Jay

Paris, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 19, 2012

Judged:

AmericanMan wrote:
<quoted text>When does the investigation start on Operation Wide Receiver? You know... The first gun-walking by the ATF that lost guns in Mexico.
Repub Hypocrite.
~~~~~~~~~~

Operation Wide Receiver was done with the full co-operation of Mexico. In other words, they were in on it.

Fast and Furious was not done with the co-operation of Mexico. Bottom line, they didn't even know about it.

This is what infuriated Mexico. Go back and look it up before you call someone a hypocrite.
whitehair

Eminence, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 19, 2012

Judged:

SSAgent wrote:
<quoted text>New Border Agent Rule. Do not shoot an armed gang with a bean bag.
Just turn them loose after you have asked for papers and they have none.Ice will not take them ,nor deport them,might antagonize the voters among them!!

Have you heard the report is coming out as to how high this has gone,even when it was tried to be hidden?And now they are resigning,retiring,but there are more to go!!
The report has not touched Holder,yet!But one just a step away.

This makes almost as much sense as the fact Obama made no effort to protect our consulates in the Eastern Countries.Shoot with rubber bullets!!Try machine guns,crazy ones.Better yet,cut off all funds,bring all back to the U.S. as well the military,then put them on the Border!!!

He was a light weight going in and ,does he really care for the U.S.?
Nerd Rage

Chambersburg, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 19, 2012

Judged:

AmericanMan wrote:
<quoted text>The point that most Repubs miss is just how much wealth the rich have. It is hard to imagine but this may help. The Richest 400 people in the US have more wealth than ALL the bottom 150,000,000 (that's 150 million) Americans COMBINED.
Mitt Romney AFTER TAXES makes $57,000 PER DAY!!!!!!
Where are you going with this? Why is it anyones concern what he makes? I thought that was the American dream to be rich and successful, now it seems as if that is something to be ashamed of.
Nerd Rage

Chambersburg, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 19, 2012

Judged:

AmericanMan wrote:
<quoted text>The point that most Repubs miss is just how much wealth the rich have. It is hard to imagine but this may help. The Richest 400 people in the US have more wealth than ALL the bottom 150,000,000 (that's 150 million) Americans COMBINED.
Mitt Romney AFTER TAXES makes $57,000 PER DAY!!!!!!
+

Also in this country some people will make it and other will not. In no other country do we Americans have the ability to succeed like we do here.
Tea Party Republican

Abingdon, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 19, 2012

Judged:

Uncle Tab wrote:
<quoted text>
Please try to keep to keep up! I started as soon as I got out of high school. Pit in my time and retired before I was 50. That's the great thing about a great union job. You don't have to work til you're 70 and almost dead.
And we've already found out who the sissy is lmao we saw it all right here! So get backbrobthe fry basket Lil fella! The late lunch crowd will be heading in soon!
I know this just eats you up inside. But don't stress it Rambo! You'll get a nice Hoveroind chair when you retire lmao
Now you claim to be over 50? Sorry you sounded so much like a PUNK, when you wanted me to drive 4.5 hours to meet you! After you had declined my offer to meet you on US 23! You were going to put it on youtube? Do a lot of 50 year olds from your area do that? How many hits did you get,sis,HAHAHAHA. I am everything I say I am and you are nothing but a welfare drawing scumbag! I can back what I say up, can you? I normally dont get this mad at a stupid ass on this topix, normally I would not risk my family,or my livelyhood, you however are a grand exception! Washington County TN, US HWY 11-E south, Flea Mkt!(the only one on 11-E), 2 pm! I will look for your black jeep with KY tags! I dare your PUNK ass to be there! I will! Show me what you got, don't tell me! I will be waiting!
Tea Party Republican

Abingdon, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 19, 2012

Judged:

Sorry, Sat 9-22-12
Nerd Rage

Chambersburg, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 19, 2012

Judged:

wondering wrote:
<quoted text>
Looks like nerd rage salved his burning ass with a new screen name....lmfao
You will never ever see me change screen names. Why would I? I consistantly break every liberal argument and talking point that you liberals can muster up.
Uncle Tab

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 19, 2012

Judged:

Tea Party Republican wrote:
<quoted text>
Now you claim to be over 50? Sorry you sounded so much like a PUNK, when you wanted me to drive 4.5 hours to meet you! After you had declined my offer to meet you on US 23! You were going to put it on youtube? Do a lot of 50 year olds from your area do that? How many hits did you get,sis,HAHAHAHA. I am everything I say I am and you are nothing but a welfare drawing scumbag! I can back what I say up, can you? I normally dont get this mad at a stupid ass on this topix, normally I would not risk my family,or my livelyhood, you however are a grand exception! Washington County TN, US HWY 11-E south, Flea Mkt!(the only one on 11-E), 2 pm! I will look for your black jeep with KY tags! I dare your PUNK ass to be there! I will! Show me what you got, don't tell me! I will be waiting!
I'm not 50 yet, I said before I was 50 Rambo! Lol but anywho, admit it! You made a threat, your 'special forces' punkass was called out, now you wanna try to be a hero again? Lol poor old senile idiot!! You make the threat, you back it up or shut up dumbass keyboard courage dipshit!!!

Grow a pair son!!
Please explain

Columbia, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 19, 2012

AmericanMan wrote:
<quoted text>Stop typing unless you know the facts of which you post. Were it not for Obama having a talk with Immelt none of the jobs would have EVER came back to America and KY.
The relationship between GE Healthcare and Plexus illustrates well GE’s impact on Wisconsin’s economy. According to an independent study carried out for GE by the research firm TrippUmbach, GE Healthcare is adding annually $3.8 billion to Wisconsin’s economy, including $2 billion in direct spending and in purchases from 1,100 local suppliers like Plexus. The GE business employs 6,500 people in the state. Every 10 GE Healthcare jobs support additional 23 jobs Wisconsin.
http://www.gereports.com/keeping-the-badger-s...
GE will spend $1 billion on new plants and technologies to open 1,300 high-tech manufacturing jobs in the U.S. by 2014. Productivity and efficiency gains at new production lines in Kentucky, Indiana, and Alabama will be aided by a cutting-edge data center which opened in Louisville last year.
MARCH 20, 2012
GE opens a new refrigerator plant at Appliance Park in Louisville, Kentucky, today. The plant is part of GE Appliances’$1 billion drive to bring manufacturing to the U.S. and create 1,300 new jobs. But the investment also feeds a fertile economic ecosystem that thrives beyond GE factory gates.
Here’s how. A new study commissioned by GE estimated that the company and its 5,000 Kentucky employees help support through their spending and purchasing additional 7,300 jobs in the state. The study calculated that about one out of every 189 jobs in the Commonwealth Kentucky benefits from the economic link between GE and its employees, and their partners and customers.
We Pulled Out All the Stops:” GE to Open New Louisville Plant, Second in the City in Two Months
MARCH 19, 2012
Scott Latham spent 35 years working at GE’s Appliance Park in Louisville, Kentucky.“Thirty-four of those years were spent phasing out products,” the plant manager says.
But this year is different. In February GE started building GeoSpring hybrid water heaters at a new $38 million plant in Louisville, the first new GE factory in the city since 1957. Tomorrow, it will open another plant making high-tech refrigerators.“GE has invested in us and the city of Louisville,” operations manager Scott Douthett says.“The company is committed to building new innovative products in America.” His colleague, team leader Geoffrey Henderson, agrees.“Reviving American manufacturing isn’t going to be decided by the government,” he says.“It’s going to be decided by companies like GE.”
Thank you for the GE info! Businesses that invest in American workers deserve to be rewarded. But it is bassakwards to reward "job creators" BEFORE they create jobs!! That's like training your dog by giving the treat first and just hoping he eventually sits. All incentives must be tied to the American jobs that arecreated. Its simple really! And don't ever forget our dollars hold all the power. My next appliance will be GE.
wondering

Columbia, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 19, 2012

Judged:

Nerd Rage wrote:
<quoted text>
You will never ever see me change screen names. Why would I? I consistantly break every liberal argument and talking point that you liberals can muster up.
Sure you can little buddy. Sure you can.
American Lady

Danville, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 19, 2012

Judged:

A man goes into the hospital for a vasectomy. Before the procedure a very attractive nurse comes in and takes his vitals, then tells him to
take all of his clothes off.

When he is fully undressed she instructs him to lie down on the table. The man obeys. The nurse then takes all of her clothes off and climbs on top and has her way with him.

Upon the completion of the act the man catches his breath and asks what that was all about. The nurse informs the patient that studies have shown that before a vasectomy if the man has an ejaculation, he will be more relaxed and that the cord is easier for the surgeon to locate and sever, thereby making the surgery safer, more efficient and quicker.

The nurse then wheels the patient to the operating room. While they are going down the hall the patient looks through a window to the right and sees six men in a room masturbating. Curious, the man asks," What are they doing in there"?

The nurse responds, " They're preparing for vasectomies too, but you have Blue Cross...
they have Obama Care.
Please explain

Columbia, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 19, 2012

culture vulture wrote:
<quoted text>Hey, this is a great post!! I agree with most of it with the exception of the 'main problem' being jobs while admitting that is major. But you also touched on it; the main problem is the citizens of this country afflicted with apathy. You bring up a major point with the need to boycott foreign-made products to boost jobs coming back to the U.S. I would love to see NAFTA REPEALED OR AT THE VERY LEAST RE-WRITTEN to protect ALL the trade countries best interests i.e. tit for tat to keep lop-sided situations like the one involving U.S./China from happening. We the people could control gas prices as well, but you can't find enough people who will stand for anything anymore. We could all stay home for a week,[or even half of us] and see a far more humble group in high places with the oil companies. And just tell them the next time they get greedy, we'll stay home 2 weeks. People will say'Oh, I can't afford to do that!' But at today's prices, how can we afford NOT to. Get the trucking companies involved, too. It really is as simple as that, but no one cares enough anymore. Thanks for listening!
You are exactly right! Until the American people stop seeing each other as enemies and start working together for America, we will continue the downward spiral. Patriotism should be measured by how many American made products you have in your shopping cart. Fuel boycotts are also a good way to get some attention. Just to show that all Americans can get behind a common goal sends a very strong message. Politicians and their lobbyists depend on our bickering. I believe everyone from all political parties agree we need more American jobs. Lets all join together and start the buycott to make the effort to buy American or buy it used from an American. Every American made product bought is a victory, spread the word to get family and friends on board. Every movement starts somewhere! There are also many websites that offer only American made products. Remember if you DEMAND it, it will be SUPPLIED!
whitehair

Eminence, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 19, 2012

Judged:

Nerd Rage wrote:
<quoted text>+
Also in this country some people will make it and other will not. In no other country do we Americans have the ability to succeed like we do here.
That is why so many other nationalities wish,and do,come here.That is why the illegals do anything to get here and stay.We need legal immigration!Why is it this Country can not get their act toether and bring in the ones wanted,not letting the Border be open to any and all?Any that could wish to do us harm?No one knows who is here?

Totally agree,what one makes is no one else`s business!Back when,it was a kept secret among business people as to income!All this blown up about Romney`s income is just blabber-blabber.Most of us wish we had made it so well!Or,even half as well!

Vote for Romney and Ryan!!!
stupid

Detroit, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 19, 2012

huh
Jay

Paris, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 19, 2012

Judged:

whitehair wrote:
<quoted text>
Just turn them loose after you have asked for papers and they have none.Ice will not take them ,nor deport them,might antagonize the voters among them!!
Have you heard the report is coming out as to how high this has gone,even when it was tried to be hidden?And now they are resigning,retiring,but there are more to go!!
The report has not touched Holder,yet!But one just a step away.
This makes almost as much sense as the fact Obama made no effort to protect our consulates in the Eastern Countries.Shoot with rubber bullets!!Try machine guns,crazy ones.Better yet,cut off all funds,bring all back to the U.S. as well the military,then put them on the Border!!!
He was a light weight going in and ,does he really care for the U.S.?
Totally agree. And you're right on target with this. No one keeps track of illegals and the ramifications better than NumbersUSA.com

The president and DHS are clearly in violation of federal law. Their policy is let them go, period!

From the article:

"According to a report on TriValleyCentral.com , a Pinal County Sheriff Officer pulled over an individual who was driving 50 miles over the posted speed limit. After telling the deputy that he was born in Mexico and his parents were in the United States illegally, the deputy called ICE. But ICE said they were not interested in the case because the individual had been in the country for a long time and had committed no felonies.

Sheriff Babeu says there was no verification that the individual had been in the country for a long period of time."

"People who have been here (in America) for a week are going to say that," Sheriff Babeu said. "There's no criteria, and who enforces it? It’s not us, it's ICE. This 17-year-old could have told us anything … I don't know what illegal immigrant would ever say the true time period that they're here. If you've been here two years, why wouldn't you say you've been here five years, knowing there is no check?"

etc.

https://www.numbersusa.com/content/news/july-...

Since: Sep 10

Perris, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 19, 2012

wtf wrote:
<quoted text>Romney wants to end Social security, Medicare, and Medicaid.
..thats not true....would you prefer socialism? marxism? maybe communism....

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

7 Users are viewing the Dawson Springs Forum right now

Search the Dawson Springs Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
new room at school 4 hr crazy people 140
KY Hundreds of birds die in western Ky. (Jan '11) 7 hr BIG_STEVIE 81,588
KY Woman's head stepped on by Rand Paul supporters (Oct '10) 7 hr BIG_STEVIE 26,226
canoe or kayak 7 hr new to the area 1
need info 7 hr new to the area 5
brandy smith 15 hr leslie 6
Mark Hale 15 hr Dolly66 2
•••
•••
•••
Dawson Springs Dating

more search filters

less search filters

•••

Dawson Springs Jobs