Need a pain management doctor

Posted in the Danville Forum

First Prev
of 3
Next Last
Just me

London, KY

#1 Jun 8, 2010
I have just recently moved to Danville, and don't know many people here yet. Is there a legitimate pain management doctor in this town? I'm not just looking for pills, but I have a lot of problems from a car wreck, and I'm getting to the point to where I'm in constant pain in my back. Any help would be appreciated.
hey

Danville, KY

#2 Jun 9, 2010
There is a pain clinic in town. I think you will need referral from an MD to go there but not sure. Had a friend who went there.
Just me

London, KY

#3 Jun 9, 2010
Do you know the name? My doctor will refer me. Thanks so much.
trucker

London, KY

#4 Jun 12, 2010
dr duncan beside 84 lumber
question

Winchester, KY

#5 Jun 12, 2010
There is a new pain clinic next to Subway in Moreland. Go South toward Junction City and keep going about 5 or 6 miles. It's on the left.
Danville doc

United States

#6 Jun 12, 2010
Dr. Pellant can help you if spinal origin. Otherwise, Dr. Bux.
Whillow

Danville, KY

#7 Jun 15, 2010
Dr. Siddiqui, across from the library. He gives steroid injections and he is very good at it.
The new pain clinic

Ocilla, GA

#8 Sep 11, 2010
Has anyone went to it, what are their procedures there, I have been to a dr in lexington for like 8 years and would like to switch to someone who is legitimate and who actually cares, not brushes people's pain off for being in their head.
intheknow

Lexington, KY

#9 Sep 11, 2010
Whillow wrote:
Dr. Siddiqui, across from the library. He gives steroid injections and he is very good at it.
what is dr Siddiqui's first name? is he the one that grew up in Casey co?
intheknow

Lexington, KY

#10 Sep 11, 2010
Danville doc wrote:
ok...dr bux the elder..is a joke as far as pain management....he is a very nice, funny man, but not efficient in helping with the pain...my mother went to him and had 3 injections into her spine....all this managed to do for her was raise her blood sugar level to an outrageous level and stay there for several weeks....this did more damage than anything!! she went back to him and i asked him what he could give her to take for the pain, and he told us ibuprofin...which she cannot take due to her kidneys....he told me that narcotics only worked in your head, that they did nothing for the actual pain....they only worked in your head...well ya k now what...my mother is 79 years old, has severe arthritis in her spine....all thruout her spine according to her latest mri....is NOT a surgery candidate...soooooo ummm what the heck would be wrong with prescribing the poor woman something for pain.....now whether it works on her head, back or rear end, i could care less, just want to see her out of pain....ya know....was somewhat insulted by his comment but what do you do...besides not go back of course....so, when her back finally got soooo bad, she went to the bluegrass clinic and the dr there prescribed her something that no one has used in years.....i have yet to find a pharmacy that carries it...i have looked in danville, liberty, russell springs, and harrodsburg....NO ONE carries it and they all say that they havent heard of it in YEARS.....that is IF they have even heard of it at all!! geeeeze....meanwhile...my poor mom suffers........bless her heart....
U got that right

Lexington, KY

#11 Sep 14, 2010
intheknow wrote:
<quoted text>
ok...dr bux the elder..is a joke as far as pain management....he is a very nice, funny man, but not efficient in helping with the pain...my mother went to him and had 3 injections into her spine....all this managed to do for her was raise her blood sugar level to an outrageous level and stay there for several weeks....this did more damage than anything!! she went back to him and i asked him what he could give her to take for the pain, and he told us ibuprofin...which she cannot take due to her kidneys....he told me that narcotics only worked in your head, that they did nothing for the actual pain....they only worked in your head...well ya k now what...my mother is 79 years old, has severe arthritis in her spine....all thruout her spine according to her latest mri....is NOT a surgery candidate...soooooo ummm what the heck would be wrong with prescribing the poor woman something for pain.....now whether it works on her head, back or rear end, i could care less, just want to see her out of pain....ya know....was somewhat insulted by his comment but what do you do...besides not go back of course....so, when her back finally got soooo bad, she went to the bluegrass clinic and the dr there prescribed her something that no one has used in years.....i have yet to find a pharmacy that carries it...i have looked in danville, liberty, russell springs, and harrodsburg....NO ONE carries it and they all say that they havent heard of it in YEARS.....that is IF they have even heard of it at all!! geeeeze....meanwhile...my poor mom suffers........bless her heart....
Thats awful, my mother suffered 4 yrs then finally found a dr that helped her. If she saw Dr James at Bluegrass Clinic, i would just call and say u cant get it filled and he should change it 2 sumthing else that u can find to fill.So sorry 2 hear about her pain, i know its hard..
dragonfly

Lexington, KY

#12 Sep 14, 2010
Danville doc wrote:
my son took a round of shots from dr bux,he has severe back pain and a lot wrong,but because of his age the don't want to do anything,he's not a canidate for surgery,and mention pills and dr's freak out they want to put a label on you, so the shots might help some,and the bad part about him,he had no insurance,and had to pay quite a bit for the shots,he is still trying to go on and work.
canvas

Richmond, KY

#13 Feb 2, 2011
Whillow wrote:
However his office manager is a bitch, and if you try to cancel an apponitment she wont stop bugging you til you come back in or get your phone number disconnected one!! Dr. Siddiqui is a good dr but he is after the money! if you want a better dr. i would try the spine center and dr. Knitchi
dragonfly

Berea, KY

#14 Feb 3, 2011
canvas wrote:
<quoted text>
However his office manager is a bitch, and if you try to cancel an apponitment she wont stop bugging you til you come back in or get your phone number disconnected one!! Dr. Siddiqui is a good dr but he is after the money! if you want a better dr. i would try the spine center and dr. Knitchi
thanks,but these shots are so expensive,he can't afford them,and Dr knetshe wan't his money up front when my husband broke his back and I asked about a payment plan ,because he needed surgery,and their reply was "we don't do payment plans", in other words your just up the creek and no paddle.,we didn't have insurance that would pay the dr.my son did the shots they did not help ,only for a few days,too much going on.It is hard to lay stone and have a bad back.
canvas

Richmond, KY

#15 Feb 4, 2011
in my opinion if you can aviod shot you need to, they deteriate the spine and thats something none of the pain managment doctors will tell you, they will slowly deteriate the spine, the hips, and anything else you get the steriod shot into time after time, how you tried a chiropractor? There are some pleaces that can help you get the surgery i would try lexington!
bubba

United States

#16 Sep 27, 2011
Go to dr noe in Harrodsburg u don't need a referrell
bubba

United States

#17 Sep 27, 2011
How much is it to go to clinic in moreland
lol

Danville, KY

#18 Oct 2, 2011
bubba wrote:
They except medicare and medicaid.If you do not have ins. its 250.00 u need a referal.
hate junkies

Danville, KY

#19 Oct 2, 2011
bubba wrote:
Why you dont need a referal just take that PILLpushing DR 250 bucks he give you anything your heart desires!An he give you ungodly amounts at that.LORTAB PERCOCET 30MG METHADONE just whatever but it is 250 ever month alot of folk know it by MORELAND PILL MILL.Walkins welcome if you got the cash they got the PILLS.
curious

Winchester, KY

#20 Aug 28, 2012
i deal with alot of pain from a car wreck and have difficutly finding a dr to help...does anyone on here know the dr's name in moreland. my family dr says i've got way to many problems for him to treat and i need to be in pm,,but has lefted it up to me to find a pain mgm dr...would appreicate some help.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Danville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Brian Scott 5 hr rumor repeater 3
angela hukle 7 hr trying to find 1
help 12 hr hopelessly 1
lil jim Window tinting 14 hr kkk 5
Wanting to breed my mastiff mix (Feb '12) 21 hr caiterator 30
what should I do? 21 hr trust 6
dexter brand at it again Tue reed 71
Danville Dating
Find my Match

Danville People Search