Livermore winemaker targeted by 'Dirty DUI' scheme sues wife, CNET scandal suspects

Dec 5, 2011 Full story: Marin Independent Journal 31

A Livermore winery owner is suing his estranged wife, alleging she paid to stage his January drunken-driving arrest and sully his reputation before an upcoming custody hearing, making him a victim of a notorious "Dirty DUI" scheme.

Full Story
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Since: Sep 11

Livermore, CA

#1 Dec 5, 2011
Who was it?

And really? That's his defense? A set up....set up or not, was he driving while intoxicated?

Livermore, CA

#2 Dec 5, 2011
Never mind....Mitchel Katz

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

#3 Dec 6, 2011
I hope he wins something from that bitch, although she probably has no assets except what she acquired thru her marriage. But why in the hell has the DA not charged her with a felony? What she did was illegal, done maliciously, and for profit/leverage. It is entrapment, fraud, bribing a police officer, conspiracy to commit (fraud, etc), a fraud upon the court, there are at least five felonies here.
hmmmm

Livermore, CA

#4 Dec 6, 2011
I agree, she should pay for this, but he should not be dismissed either if he did fail a sobriety test.
Jim

San Ramon, CA

#5 Dec 6, 2011
The Real Anon wrote:
I hope he wins something from that bitch, although she probably has no assets except what she acquired thru her marriage. But why in the hell has the DA not charged her with a felony? What she did was illegal, done maliciously, and for profit/leverage. It is entrapment, fraud, bribing a police officer, conspiracy to commit (fraud, etc), a fraud upon the court, there are at least five felonies here.
AND child abuse... falsely setting up the father of THEIR children so that SHE may benefit [keeping them away from their dad]. Too bad she doesn't realize that irregardless of what happened in their marriage, the best way to ensure her kids hate her later is to tarnish their father via her actions or words. Kids are smart and will eventually put the puzzle together on their own.
Mims

Pleasanton, CA

#6 Dec 6, 2011
@JIM - you are so right - all the shame and chaos that comes to a child when their parent is charged with DUI is abusive if the charge is false as this one was (being part of a much larger scam)! It's about time people be held accountable for the distress they willingly afflict onto their children in these immature, messy divorce games!!

Location hidden

#7 Dec 6, 2011
hmmmm wrote:
I agree, she should pay for this, but he should not be dismissed either if he did fail a sobriety test.
Charges were already dismissed. The public was never in that much real danger, since the entire conspiracy revolved around getting this guy drunk, and then stopping him as soon as he left the parking lot.

If anything the conspirators should be charged with conspiring to create a public nuisance, since presumably the "bust" had to occur on a public street, and that's how they engineered it. They *could* have busted him as soon as he *started* the car or put it in forward gear, in the parking lot, but probably in order to protect their conspiracy and make the charges appear even more serious, they didn't.
DojoRat

Livermore, CA

#8 Dec 6, 2011
I've obviously taught a lot of kids whose parents are divorced, or in the process. I am absolutely amazed at how clueless some parents can be. I'm always seeing the parents bad mouthing each other in front of the kids. I hate to say it, but it's usually the mom bad mouthing the dad. I flat out tell them "look, if you want your kid to hate you, keep this up." Of course then they go on about how horrible the other is, but yeah, some people just don't get it...
Livermore Resident

Oakland, CA

#9 Dec 6, 2011
I know that Mitch is a good guy. He is one of the hardest working individuals I have ever known. Working construction and building his wine business from the ground up to what it is today is a perfect example of achieving the American Dream. It is quite unfortunate that his marriage suffered and it came to this mess. Shame on Alicia and all involved.
Pathetic Ploy

Chico, CA

#10 Dec 9, 2011
This is disgusting that Mitch is trying to get out of a DUI because someone who helped his wife prove he was cheating on his HER, was arrested for something totally not involving her.. just so he can get out of a DUI charge! laughable... does anyone realize he was DRUNK! AND cheating on his wife with multiple skanks! Nobody forced alcohol down his throat! he drives drunk ALL THE TIME! Just watch out after any event over at the winery... his White truck is driven by a drunk..him! EVERYONE KNOWS IT! The worst part of this whole thing is how he's turned his oldest son against his own mother with this pathetic lie....

Location hidden

#11 Dec 9, 2011
Pathetic Ploy wrote:
This is disgusting that Mitch is trying to get out of a DUI because someone who helped his wife prove he was cheating on his HER, was arrested for something totally not involving her.. just so he can get out of a DUI charge! laughable... does anyone realize he was DRUNK! AND cheating on his wife with multiple skanks! Nobody forced alcohol down his throat! he drives drunk ALL THE TIME! Just watch out after any event over at the winery... his White truck is driven by a drunk..him! EVERYONE KNOWS IT! The worst part of this whole thing is how he's turned his oldest son against his own mother with this pathetic lie....
You seem to miss the part that these are the people who set him up, that it was a conspiracy involving multiple suspects.

IF he drove drunk "all the time" what are the odds he wouldn't have already been busted for DUI.

BTW, the DA dropped the charges against him for this incident. He's not trying to get out of anything - there is nothing to get out OF.
Pathetic Ploy

Chico, CA

#12 Dec 14, 2011
The Real Anon wrote:
<quoted text>
You seem to miss the part that these are the people who set him up, that it was a conspiracy involving multiple suspects.
IF he drove drunk "all the time" what are the odds he wouldn't have already been busted for DUI.
BTW, the DA dropped the charges against him for this incident. He's not trying to get out of anything - there is nothing to get out OF.
The article says he's suing his wife for setting him up for the DUI. He has NO PROOF that she had anything to do with his DUI. She didn't set him up at all. What reason would she have for that? The article states because she wanted to have the upper hand in a custody battle... guess what? They weren't involved in a divorce at the time he was picked up for driving drunk..he WAS drunk and no one poured alcohol down his throat! Mitch is the one trying to benefit by filing this frivolous lawsuit to hurt his wife and family even more. He's hell bent on turning his sons against their own mother because he doesn't want to have to pay for casting his family aside due to his enormous ego and desire to sleep around with as many skanks who will have him. One of them bragged about her relationship with him as he lied to her telling her he was "going through a divorce" just so he could get her into bed... she got a nice Tiffany necklace though... and he told her he has no 'regrets'.... he's a dick for doing this to his family...

Location hidden

#13 Dec 15, 2011
Pathetic Ploy wrote:
<quoted text>
The article says he's suing his wife for setting him up for the DUI. He has NO PROOF that she had anything to do with his DUI. She didn't set him up at all. What reason would she have for that? The article states because she wanted to have the upper hand in a custody battle... guess what? They weren't involved in a divorce at the time he was picked up for driving drunk..he WAS drunk and no one poured alcohol down his throat! Mitch is the one trying to benefit by filing this frivolous lawsuit to hurt his wife and family even more. He's hell bent on turning his sons against their own mother because he doesn't want to have to pay for casting his family aside due to his enormous ego and desire to sleep around with as many skanks who will have him. One of them bragged about her relationship with him as he lied to her telling her he was "going through a divorce" just so he could get her into bed... she got a nice Tiffany necklace though... and he told her he has no 'regrets'.... he's a dick for doing this to his family...
Who are you trying to fool with this post? The truth is he has plenty of proof, the bulk of which is the proof that his wife HIRED the PI who was already linked to the dirty cop running this scam. The rest of the proof is a matter of mostly public record since the snitch went to the grand jury and told them everything to avoid being indicted in the conspiracy. See, the DA's office got a complaint from a grand jury, after their special investigators found out what the dirty cops were actually doing.

And all of that is why the DA office dropped its charges against Katz...because it was tainted by this operation. Even if they had chosen to prosecute, even with grand jury evidence, there is no way to keep exculpatory info out of court. So they would have lost...and even if by some miracle they had gotten twelve dumber-than-usual jurors who actually would convict, it would never withstand appeal.

Livermore, CA

#14 Dec 15, 2011
There isn't a positive outcome to this, no matter how you spin it. She shouldn't have hired the PI, he shouldn't have driven while intoxicated. They actually deserve each other....you have to feel for the kids.

Location hidden

#15 Dec 15, 2011
Noballsblogger wrote:
There isn't a positive outcome to this, no matter how you spin it. She shouldn't have hired the PI, he shouldn't have driven while intoxicated. They actually deserve each other....you have to feel for the kids.
There's a huge gulf between engaging in a conspiracy to entice someone into a criminal act and being that victim. Now, some people have alleged that the guy was a habitual drunk driver (who just miraculously has escaped detection) but in terms of this case, that doesn't matter. The conspiracy (with other victims besides Katz) taints the entire arrest. The bust was the fruit of the poisonous tree - And that is why the DA ultimately decided not to pursue a case.

Since: Dec 09

Livermore

#16 Dec 16, 2011
Pathetic Ploy wrote:
<quoted text>
WOW Pathetic Ploy, you are talking like the rest of that cop gang you hang out with. You know this is not about the guy your friends at work set up. This is about the asshole cops at CNET, Danville and San Ramon. You guys screwed up and now you will all pay for what you did. The sad thing is my brother in law did not go down with his friends at work. I bet you jerks have lunch together every day because you sound just like his sorry ass.
Pathetic Ploy

Chico, CA

#17 Dec 16, 2011
Really Mr. Anon? his wife hired the PI, for what exactly? when they were not even involved in a divorce proceedings at the time of his DUI? and Mitch has proof of this? from who? a tainted snitch? Mitch was committing adultery, and the proof of that was revealed. He also drives drunk all the time and finally got a DUI. Just because he may have stepped into his own shit doesn't mean someone pushed him there. He walked on his own, bragging about it all the way. He has no regrets. He said so himself. ask Timmee.
Pathetic Ploy

Chico, CA

#18 Dec 16, 2011
Mike in Springtown wrote:
<quoted text>WOW Pathetic Ploy, you are talking like the rest of that cop gang you hang out with. You know this is not about the guy your friends at work set up. This is about the asshole cops at CNET, Danville and San Ramon. You guys screwed up and now you will all pay for what you did. The sad thing is my brother in law did not go down with his friends at work. I bet you jerks have lunch together every day because you sound just like his sorry ass.
and you sound like the ass kissers that cowtow to the drunk egomaniac Mitch. He was cheating on his wife, bullying her daily, going around town for 4 months telling everyone he was going to divorce his wife, except he forgot to tell her, so he could get the skanks to sleep with him.(most of the skanks knew he was still married and some of the women are married themselves! hence the title "skank" but they still bragged about it to their friends.. well... people they thought were their "friends") and that's why Alicia filed for divorce several weeks after his DUI incident. I'm pretty sure that behavior he finally got caught for doing was more fuel he added to the fire of destruction he was brewing up in his family. and now for him to blame Alicia for his choice to DRINK AND DRIVE... pathetic.. he's a grown ass man and makes his own choices. He DROVE drunk and committed adultery. He made a choice to throw his family away.
Pathetic Ploy

Chico, CA

#19 Dec 16, 2011
Noballsblogger wrote:
Easy for you to should on someone when you haven't walked a mile in their shoes.

Livermore, CA

#20 Dec 16, 2011
Pathetic Ploy wrote:
<quoted text>
Easy for you to should on someone when you haven't walked a mile in their shoes.
Dude, I'm sure I'm not the only one saying "WTF is he talking about"

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Danville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
CA California seeks to ban free, single-use carryo... (Jun '10) 3 hr scurall 5,066
CA California Proposition 19: the Marijuana Legali... (Oct '10) 3 hr pies 15,993
CA Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex ma... (Aug '10) 3 hr ploppers 200,937
CA Jury reaches verdict in Oakland BART shooting t... (Jul '10) Mon GOP bull 2,265
Roadshow: BART doors are not like elevators -- ... Sun g 2
Santa Rita Jail Inmate Dies in Custody (Sep '06) Sep 11 John 393
police activity in Dublin on September 9, aroun... Sep 11 g 5
•••

Danville News Video

•••
•••

Danville Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••