Man shot to death near Torrington motorcycle club

Full story: NewsTimes.com

Police say a man was shot and killed and a suspect taken into custody outside a motorcycle club in Torrington.
Comments
41 - 57 of 57 Comments Last updated Jun 18, 2012
First Prev
of 3
Next Last
Boreface

AOL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 11, 2008

The whole story wrote:
TORRINGTON, Conn.- Torrington police say a Watertown man has been charged with first-degree murder in connection with a shooting outside of a motorcycle club Friday night.
Kevin Campbell, 53, was being held on $2 million bond Saturday.
Police say he is charged in the shooting that killed 51-year-old Roland LaGasse of Torrington near the Forbidden Motorcycle Club on Friday night.
The incident occurred after a fight inside the club spilled outside, police said.
Campbell, who was taken into custody at the scene, is scheduled to appear Monday in court if he does not post bond over the weekend.
You sound like a COP! Figures
Boreface

AOL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 11, 2008

You sound like a Cop... Figures
theriddler

Seattle, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 18, 2008

Rolly was my roommate in the 70's. He and I were just kids growing up, trying to figure it all out. I can tell you on thing, he didn't deserve this. It does however remind me of Sean Connory's famous line, "Leave it to a wop to bring a knife to a gun fight." I mean no disrespect to Roland, and wish the best to his wife and two kids, you certainly didn't deserve this, and for that I am truly sorry. RIP
his ol-lady

Torrington, CT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 8, 2008

Judged:

scooterbabe wrote:
Before any of you go further talking about something none of you know anything about, perhaps you should take into consideration that a man was killed here. He has left behind loved ones that are mourning his death. RESPECT please
Thank you. I just found this site and am sickened by the comments. Roland was a great man and he is sadly missed by many!
his ol-lady

Torrington, CT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 8, 2008

Locktight wrote:
<quoted text>
Well marcus unfortunately your stero typing and profiling, just because someone is in an MC it doesn't automatically make them a bad person, many of us are in clubs because we have a sense of Brotherhood and want to be around others that have the same beliefs we have. Maybe you should ask the question how much money have we raised for abused or troubled kids how many less fortunate families have we given christmas to or fed on a holiday when they couldn't afford to provide for their family because of their own troubles. How many times have we stopped help someone stranded on the side of the road that we didn't even know. Are you one of those people that will lock your car doors when someone pulls up next to you at a traffic light on a bike?
If you really want to know anything about The Forbidden MC than maybe you should do your research first. As I said its all about Brotherhood It used to be that all bikers shared a common bond, an unspoken code of ethics and behavior that transcended words and was built on actions. There was never a bible written on this Biker`s Code of the Road and there was no need for one ..... Its just a given But the times they are a changin and there seems to be a lot of new riders out there. These days the riders you see blastin down the road are just as likely to be clad in shorts and sneakers as jeans and engineer boots. And the roughest, toughest looking biker you pull up next to could be your doctor or lawyer and may be wearin a Rolex watch under his leathers.I don't think theres anything wrong with that as long they understand the Code Us Old Schoolers do. Being a biker used to be about using your creativity to take a basket case old hawg and, using only grit and ingenulty, turning it into a one-of-a-kind eye dazzler, then risking your life on the asphalt on a bike you made yourself out of pride. Bikers wore leather and grease because they knew cagers (cars) would just as soon run them down as look at them, so we had to be intimidating. We were a breed unto ourselves with no union, no support group, and in many cases, no family (they threw us out). We had to make it in the world on our own, against all rules against mainstream society, and against all odds.You know, we survived and prospered because of the Code of the Road and we never took shit from anybody.As an old scooter tramp named Mo once said. It`s every tramp`s job to school the young. How else are they gonna know a Panhead from a bedpan? Learn what Brotherhood means and you'll understand Us, Learn Respect and you'll want to know Us.
Don't judge less ye be judged yourself....
FFFF
Rip Rollie
I Love You Bro
Very Nicely Written!!!!!!!
his ol-lady

Torrington, CT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 8, 2008

marcuss wrote:
<quoted text>
i know what brother hood is. military time and friends that are closer than family. im not saying all people in a biker gang are bad. but the 1% are the ones that make them look bad. there have been numerous murders over drugs and bad loans, cumon you can admit yourself that your brothers are not squeaky clean. all it is another form of organized crime. im not saying all in the club are involved, but you know about it most of the time.
1st: MC stands for Motorcycle Club--NOT GANG! You must be a lonely person.
his ol-lady

Torrington, CT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 8, 2008

RIP ROLY wrote:
Hope his brother gets whats coming to him!!!!
His family and I will be at every court date to insist he gets everything he deserves!
P ee p

Waterbury, CT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 2, 2008

JayJayWilkins wrote:
Sounds like a dispute over heroin, Harleys or ho's.
HI JAY JAY
I am sure your an expert and know all about ho's and heroin
p p
ex-wife

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 5, 2008

I myself have JUST come across this site and I must say that there are alot of misconceptions of Roland and/or Motorcycle clubs. First, this motorcycle club was a union of brothers that was ment to support eachother, and what they stood for, not to murder eachother. Kevin took Roland away from his Mother, 3 children and myself. I might not have been with him but I still depended on him for help with our now 20 year old son. Our son moved in with him late December of last year and grew a VERY strong bond with eachother. Our son respected and honored his father with everything he has. Our son left Roland that day earlier at their home before his death and told his father " I love you" and his father Roland told him "I love you too" and that was the last thing Craig ( our son ) heard from him. Some of these comments are sickening and I can not believe that anyone would write them. Those people obviously do not have a heart, but for those that have compassion I'm thankful to. Roland and I believe it or not had a connection to a odd degree and it seemed to work. He was a wonderful man, a GREAT father and LOVING son.His personality shined through out everyone he met. He touched so many lives and is truly missed. Just because Roland was a biker does not mean he was a bad person. People that think this are just clueless.
Roses

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 9, 2008

All of you that cared about Roly, thanks for your sincere condolences for my son Roly. As for the one's that are cluless and make sensless remarks, I hope this kind of MURDER does not happen to you. My son was shot directly aimed into his heart, that bullet went into my heart also. He was my only child and my life, like I say, hopefully you or your child if you have one does not die before you. As far as bikers, I lived most of my life with bikers, also drove one. This murder was not done because of being a biker, this murder was done by a one legged COWARD. My son was not armed or never tried to hurt this one legged COWARD who had a lazer beam on his gun. GO TO THE HEARINGS ASSHOLES AND MAY BE YOU WILL GET EDUCATED OR READ THE PAPERS IF YOU KNOW HOW TO READ!!!!!!!!!!
Daddys Lil-Girl

Putnam, CT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 12, 2008

Dear ol lady....
thank you for your comments but who are you...cause i have been to every court date and i am not shure who u are....
ratchet

New Milford, CT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 23, 2009

Judged:

fritz the cat wrote:
why is a harley davidson better than a hoover vacume?
...... you can fit 2 dirtbags on a harley.
fritz, you obviously are in the dark about motorcycles....why don't you do some research and discover that there are many fundraising events that Harley riders do for various reasons to help out! I suggest you go back to your fisher price bigwheel and grow up !
harleyman

Naugatuck, CT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 12, 2012

Judged:

whats the matter fritz the cat wife or mommy won't let you have a Harley?
rice rocket

Rego Park, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 13, 2012

Judged:

fritz the cat wrote:
why is a harley davidson better than a hoover vacume?
...... you can fit 2 dirtbags on a harley.
true funny
SLUFT

New Milford, CT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 26, 2012

I was about to be a prospect for this group. Roland was a super nice guy. Enough said
Community Disorganizer

Trumbull, CT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 27, 2012

Judged:

SLUFT wrote:
I was about to be a prospect for this group. Roland was a super nice guy. Enough said
You'll have to find someother gay club to be a prospect in.
Mark

Glendale, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 18, 2012

Look at the photo on this page. That's a Honda (AKA, Jap Crap)for sure ...

http://www.nypost.com/p/news/local/brooklyn/b...

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

First Prev
of 3
Next Last
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Danbury Discussions

Search the Danbury Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
Migrant children issue lands at Connecticut's door Sat STOMP AN ILLEGAL TODAY 1
Putin wins Time magazine's 'Person of the Year' (Dec '07) Jul 20 Cordwainer Trout 10
Danbury man faces assault charges after ex-wife... (Feb '08) Jul 20 Huh uh 190
Black people smell (Jun '08) Jul 13 nyc bx 121
Woman accused of torching mother's home Jul 11 AVA-AVA-AVA 4
Police: Man Stabbed At Danbury Bar In Dispute O... Jul 9 HatShlttyBLOG 1
Fireworks over Lake Lillinonah (Jul '08) Jul 5 Cheryl 3
•••
•••

Danbury News Video

•••
•••

Danbury Jobs

•••