U.S. Travel To Cuba Grows As Restrictions Are Eased

The U.S. government has restricted travel to Cuba for a half-century. However, the Obama administration has gone back to a Clinton-era policy that eased some limitations, and some 400,000 Americans visited Cuba last year. Full Story
First Prev
of 4
Next Last
Compassionate One

Selma, NC

#1 Feb 6, 2012
Hey, freedom loving, patriotic Americans, lets take a trip to "freedom loving" North Korea, no problemo! Or how about beautiful, "freedom loving", Iran, no problemo! Hey, lets fly to Cuba ---Woooo nelly..... no way Jose! Why not? Well, for starters, Rep. Lliana Res-Lehtinen and Sen. Marco Rubio would shit in their undies and throw a hissy fit in the U.S. Congress.(BTW -ever noticed the similarity between a photo of Rep. Res-Lehtinen and Ms. Piggy?)

At last the tide of stupidity is shifting regarding U.S. foreign policy toward Cuba. A younger, smarter, generation of Cuban Americans is emerging and more and more U.S. citizens of all ages are demanding a sane approach to their right to travel, not just to North Korea, China, Vietnam, or Iran, but also to Cuba.

The U.S. government's policy of denying its citizens the freedom to travel to Cuba is no different than the Marxist regime of Cuba denying its citizens the right to travel outside of Cuba.
Compassionate One

Selma, NC

#3 Feb 7, 2012
Compassionate One wrote:
LOL! YOU are the trigger for such! It is being done just to hurt and spite you, comienazi negrita.
The kkk should have hung you by your neck a long time ago. Then, we would have defended you rather than pick on you, negrita.
As anticipated. A positioned is aticulated and the best you can give is the same old "nothing" name calling shit. No articulation of a position on the issues. No intelligent discourse! No alternative ideas! Just hate and venom. No wonder your ilk is in demise on this issue and the tide is turning.
Libertini

United States

#4 Feb 7, 2012
Compassionate One wrote:
LOL! YOU are the trigger for such! It is being done just to hurt and spite you, comienazi negrita.
The kkk should have hung you by your neck a long time ago. Then, we would have defended you rather than pick on you, negrita.
Talking to yourself again negrita!!

“Its all in the mind..or is it?”

Since: Dec 06

Location hidden

#5 Feb 7, 2012
So LIEger... after all these years and you don't know what gender or nationality your good friend Compassionateone is huh?. Usted es bruto compai

Since: Jan 12

Jacksonville, FL

#6 Feb 7, 2012
Did you know.....that the Castro Brothers are supporting Hugo Chavez' establishment of a Hezbollah training camp on Venezuela’s Margarita Island? American tourist dollars to Cuba are being used to help fund that effort. Margarita Island is a hop, skip, and jump from our porous southern border. Check out the AEI publication entitled "The Mounting Hezbollah Threat in Latin America".

It's slap in the face to all good Cubans that escaped that dictatorial regime. Once again the Obama administration is on the wrong side of every issue concerning defeating dictators and terrorists.
Compassionate One

Selma, NC

#7 Feb 7, 2012
patriot61 wrote:
Did you know.....that the Castro Brothers are supporting Hugo Chavez' establishment of a Hezbollah training camp on Venezuela’s Margarita Island? American tourist dollars to Cuba are being used to help fund that effort. Margarita Island is a hop, skip, and jump from our porous southern border. Check out the AEI publication entitled "The Mounting Hezbollah Threat in Latin America".
It's slap in the face to all good Cubans that escaped that dictatorial regime. Once again the Obama administration is on the wrong side of every issue concerning defeating dictators and terrorists.
As always, a good but most myopic argument. But thanks for not calling others names who's opinions differ.

The money from those U.S. citizens traveling to Cuba pales to that which is sent to Cuba by those who escaped from Castro's Cuba and now send funds into Cuba to family members! It also pales beside the tourism from Canada, Spain, Italy and Germany. And now, due to our foreign policy, China is all over the place in Cuba!

You must also remember the many South American and Latin American dictators whom the U.S. supported and they were nasty, brutal, Sons of Bitches, but at least they were our SOB's, right?!

So which dictators do you refer that Obama is on the wrong side of defeating. Is not such a statement just a little hypocritical?

I honestly respect your right to your opinion, but I ask that you take a look at the whole and larger picture of the issue of dictatorships.

Right now China is supporting Assad in Syria yet I can travel to China even vacation their. Recently Air China began advertising on U.S. t.v.! Go to a Wal-Mart and 60% of the products there were manufactured in Communist China.

Have you ever taken a look at a Chinese prison?

I support Obama's approach to a new and more constructive engagement foreign policy toward Cuba. 50 years of the current policy is a total failure.

“Its all in the mind..or is it?”

Since: Dec 06

Location hidden

#8 Feb 7, 2012
Compassionate One wrote:
LOL! YOU are the trigger for such! It is being done just to hurt and spite you, comienazi negrita.
The kkk should have hung you by your neck a long time ago. Then, we would have defended you rather than pick on you, negrita.
can't help but to show your true biggoted, hatefull colors huh balcerdo?
Compassionate One

Selma, NC

#9 Feb 7, 2012
Cherokee wrote:
<quoted text>can't help but to show your true biggoted, hatefull colors huh balcerdo?
Actually, I am of Irish/English heritege and white! But I will gladly take the term "negrita" and carry it with pride if it allows me to identify with those who have suffered at the hands of white biggots/racists of the past and present, some who post on this site. They wear a white hood in the form of an avatar and burn a cross as they claim they are Chrisian. I laugh because I know who wins!!!!
Libertini

United States

#10 Feb 7, 2012
Compassionate One wrote:
<quoted text>Actually, I am of Irish/English heritege and white! But I will gladly take the term "negrita" and carry it with pride if it allows me to identify with those who have suffered at the hands of white biggots/racists of the past and present, some who post on this site. They wear a white hood in the form of an avatar and burn a cross as they claim they are Chrisian. I laugh because I know who wins!!!!
"Actually, I am of Irish/English heritege and white"
Hehehehehe...Yeah right....heheheheeee!!
Compassionate One

Selma, NC

#11 Feb 7, 2012
Libertini wrote:
<quoted text>
"Actually, I am of Irish/English heritege and white"
Hehehehehe...Yeah right....heheheheeee!!
So....your hood is an avatar! Enjoy burning your crosses on this site. No one listens to you! No one is afraid of you! You lost! Get over it!

“Its all in the mind..or is it?”

Since: Dec 06

Location hidden

#12 Feb 7, 2012
I exposed him a long time ago. He is a sore loser

“Dont Play With Me”

Since: Jun 11

Location hidden

#13 Feb 7, 2012
Glad that the US is finally coming out of the Dark Ages :) Great job Obama :)
Libertini

United States

#14 Feb 7, 2012
Girl18 wrote:
Glad that the US is finally coming out of the ' Black' Age:) Romney-Marco2012 2012:)
Well said.....boy!!
Gusano

Miami, FL

#15 Feb 7, 2012
Girl18 wrote:
Glad that the US is finally coming out of the Dark Ages :) Great job Obama :)
Actually it is not because after Pres Obama was elected ,BEFORE he began to give ideas or implement strategy the rednecks, Christian conservatives and other extremist , HYPOCRITE right wing groups joined forces under the bogus umbrella of "fiscal conservative" such as Tea party and we are in danger of going back to the dark ages.

FloriDUH certainly has since the last state election.
Not that the state was advanced to begin with.

The tea party supported Christian conservative FloriDUH governor makes my point.

"When he's politicking, Gov. Rick Scott spends a lot of time talking about his faith.

During the campaign, he pronounced himself "absolutely" destined for heaven.
During his inauguration ceremonies, he told the audience: "Jesus Christ has been with me all my life."

"There is a $35 million cut to the Department of Veterans Affairs and a $173 million cut to the Agency for Persons With Disabilities right alongside a $300 million INCREASE to the Executive Office of the Governor.

And to think Scott had the nerve to unveil that inside a church."

http://articles.orlandosentinel.com/2011-02-2...
Gusano

Miami, FL

#16 Feb 7, 2012
Libertini wrote:
<quoted text>
"Actually, I am of Irish/English heritege and white"
Hehehehehe...Yeah right....heheheheeee!!
NO you are a right wing Cuban who posts with different IPs.
Boniatos

United States

#17 Feb 7, 2012
Compassionate One wrote:
<quoted text>So....your hood is an avatar! Enjoy burning your crosses on this site. No one listens to you! No one is afraid of you! You lost! Get over it!
So your hood is an ape crying black power!
Enjoy burning other( white people) peoples properties!No one listen to you! No one is afraid of you! You lost! Get over it
Chi chi

Miami, FL

#18 Feb 7, 2012
Gusano wrote:
<quoted text>
NO you are a right wing Cuban who posts with different IPs.
Why yes he is and post #52 proves you correct as ALWAYS.

http://www.topix.com/forum/world/cuba/T879356...
Como me gusta joder

Miami, FL

#19 Feb 7, 2012
Boniatos wrote:
<quoted text>
So your hood is an ape crying black power!
Enjoy burning other( white people) peoples properties!No one listen to you! No one is afraid of you! You lost! Get over it
You weak minded disgusting racist . Sadly so typical of what I have seen in Miami-dade.

Since: Jan 12

Jacksonville, FL

#20 Feb 7, 2012
Compassionate One wrote:
Hey, freedom loving, patriotic Americans, lets take a trip to "freedom loving" North Korea, no problemo! Or how about beautiful, "freedom loving", Iran, no problemo! Hey, lets fly to Cuba ---Woooo nelly..... no way Jose! Why not? Well, for starters, Rep. Lliana Res-Lehtinen and Sen. Marco Rubio would shit in their undies and throw a hissy fit in the U.S. Congress.(BTW -ever noticed the similarity between a photo of Rep. Res-Lehtinen and Ms. Piggy?)
At last the tide of stupidity is shifting regarding U.S. foreign policy toward Cuba. A younger, smarter, generation of Cuban Americans is emerging and more and more U.S. citizens of all ages are demanding a sane approach to their right to travel, not just to North Korea, China, Vietnam, or Iran, but also to Cuba.
The U.S. government's policy of denying its citizens the freedom to travel to Cuba is no different than the Marxist regime of Cuba denying its citizens the right to travel outside of Cuba.
Obama's approach to a new and more constructive engagement foreign policy toward Cuba will NEVER work. This approach has proven to be a failed approach time and again through history. Can't deal with dictators and terrorists. I thought Neville CHamberlain was long gone....
Liberty

United States

#21 Feb 7, 2012
Como me gusta joder wrote:
<quoted text>
You weak minded disgusting racist . Sadly so typical of what I have seen in Miami-dade.
You are just a sore loser who hate and envy Cubans,because Cubans excels in any place they go!
Cubans in Chicago'

According to Latino Institute data (1995), most Chicago-area Cubans live in Cook County (14,437), with others scattered across DuPage (1,286), Kane (264), Lake (539), McHenry (99), and Will (185) Counties. Approximately 7,000 Cubans have migrated to the suburbs, constituting the highest percentage of any Hispanic group. They live in Maywood, Melrose Park, Morton Grove, Northbrook, Oak Park, Park Ridge, Stone Park, and Skokie. Unlike other Hispanics, who are more likely to live in barrios, Cubans who have remained in the city have dispersed to such North and Northwest Side neighborhoods as Logan Square, Edgewater, Albany Park, and Irving Park. In 1979, 45 percent of Cuban Americans in Cook County owned their homes, compared with only 35.8 percent of other Hispanic groups.

Although most Cubans are Roman Catholic, there are some Protestants, mainly Baptists, Methodists, Pentecostals, and Jehovah's Witnesses. Catholic Cubans in Chicago celebrate the feast of Our Lady of Charity, the patroness of the island, on September 8, with masses at Saint Ita in Chicago, Saint Lambert in Skokie, and Sacred Heart in Melrose Park. The main celebrant, flown from Miami or New York, is usually a Cuban priest known for his patriotic zeal. Many Cubans practice Santería, a syncretic manifestation of Catholicism and African religion. All Santeros (Santería priests) celebrate the feast of Our Lady of Charity (Ochún) on Sept. 8, St. Barbara (Changó) on December 4, and St. Lazarus (Babalú) on December 17.

More likely than other Hispanic minorities to be business owners, Chicago's Cubans have moved into food markets, jewelry and retail clothing stores, real-estate and insurance brokerages, investment, marketing, and construction companies. Cuban women have high rates of participation in the labor force, often in male-oriented careers such as medicine, dentistry, and law. Education is even more prevalent, including high school, college, and university faculty.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 4
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Cuba Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
tammie decker Oct 22 Hello 2
Ernest Hemingway's Grandson Follows His Footste... Oct 17 John Grimbaldson 2
New wave of Cubans seeking amnesty in U.S. Oct 13 Balthazar 1
Little Bread Cuban Sandwich Co. to Open in Litt... Oct 13 Doc Caliban 1
Olean Man Receives Four-Year Sentence For Drug ... Sep 25 That is the truth 13
Portville Man Receives 20-Year Sentence For Ass... Sep '14 abusesucks 3
We have a cute Havanese puppy Sep '14 WE JUST DONT CARE 2
Cuba Dating
Find my Match

Cuba Jobs

Cuba People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Cuba News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Cuba

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]