Mescalero, track oppose casino - Ruidoso News

Full story: Ruidoso News

Both gaming businesses in the Ruidoso area are opposed to the effort to locate a new casino in south-central New Mexico, near El Paso.
Comments
1 - 20 of 23 Comments Last updated Jul 28, 2011
First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Bubba

Alto, NM

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#1
Jun 14, 2011
 

Judged:

2

1

I think it should be ok to put in a casino (off reservation)as long as they have to comply with all the rules, regulations, and taxes that anyone else operating a casino has to deal with. Why should they get special treatment because of race. Remember this is off reservation!
Pete

Ruidoso, NM

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#2
Jun 14, 2011
 

Judged:

1

1

"Another concern is that were this proposal to come to fruition we believe it would set a very bad precedent for other non-gaming tribes, nations or pueblos across the country to 'reservation shop,' so to speak, for land that could be far removed from their homelands on which to conduct gaming."

In elaborating, Chino said it could open the door for the Mescalero Apache Tribe to seek trust status for land in New York State and open a gaming establishment.

"We have no aboriginal connection, no historical nexus to New York State as an example," he said.

-----

why does chino have to reference new york state. way to just be totally out there for a comparison. why cant he just bring up the mescalero people opening up their own casino in anthony or albuquerque.(obviously they dont have land controls or whatever legal hurdle, but the comparison is a 100 times more just. fools)
Hank Quevedo

Dana Point, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#3
Jun 15, 2011
 

Judged:

2

1

1

This White Man's Relief Act makes a mockery of sovereign Nations which are tied aboriginally to the ancestral or delegated land under treaty. Reservation shopping is another White Welfare program at the expense of Indian Tribes. As a friend of forty years of John Echohawk, I am certain he would be ashamed of his son's violation of aboriginal integrity. As for Obama and Salazar, they are just hustling for more casino contributions. Shame, it again shows the US disregard for treaty law and the forked tongue of government.
wtf

Ruidoso, NM

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#4
Jun 15, 2011
 

Judged:

2

Hank Quevedo wrote:
This White Man's Relief Act makes a mockery of sovereign Nations which are tied aboriginally to the ancestral or delegated land under treaty. Reservation shopping is another White Welfare program at the expense of Indian Tribes. As a friend of forty years of John Echohawk, I am certain he would be ashamed of his son's violation of aboriginal integrity. As for Obama and Salazar, they are just hustling for more casino contributions. Shame, it again shows the US disregard for treaty law and the forked tongue of government.
WTF?
Hank Quevedo

Dana Point, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#5
Jun 15, 2011
 

Judged:

1

1

1

wtf wrote:
<quoted text>
WTF?
You got throught reading the article. Why the struggle with the truth? I know that reading is 50th on list in Ruidoso but give it another shit.
clark

Peoria, AZ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#6
Jun 15, 2011
 

Judged:

1

Hank Quevedo wrote:
This White Man's Relief Act makes a mockery of sovereign Nations which are tied aboriginally to the ancestral or delegated land under treaty. Reservation shopping is another White Welfare program at the expense of Indian Tribes. As a friend of forty years of John Echohawk, I am certain he would be ashamed of his son's violation of aboriginal integrity. As for Obama and Salazar, they are just hustling for more casino contributions. Shame, it again shows the US disregard for treaty law and the forked tongue of government.
I couldn't agree with you more.
Hank Quevedo

Dana Point, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#7
Jun 15, 2011
 

Judged:

1

1

clark wrote:
<quoted text>
I couldn't agree with you more.
Why is the Obama/Salazar/Echohawk gang breaking the nation's oath and the law of the Tribes. Investors were supposed to be junior partners to help financing casinos, not Tribal Masters with clout enough to drag the Pueblos into a fight with the mighty Apache. Obama will pay dearly from legitimate gaming tribes for his LAST Stand. What will we do with all that hair in our fists?
Wolfdog

Sun City, AZ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#8
Jun 15, 2011
 

Judged:

1

1

Hank Quevedo wrote:
<quoted text>
Why is the Obama/Salazar/Echohawk gang breaking the nation's oath and the law of the Tribes. Investors were supposed to be junior partners to help financing casinos, not Tribal Masters with clout enough to drag the Pueblos into a fight with the mighty Apache. Obama will pay dearly from legitimate gaming tribes for his LAST Stand. What will we do with all that hair in our fists?
What will we do with all that hair? Not a problem, M from an eastern Nation. M planning to deliver "all that yt-hair" to Trump Taj Mahal and Trump Plaza for the bounty.~CHA CHING~ Poetic justice, no? Sea spiders ain't cheap ya know!
RayeSource

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#9
Jun 15, 2011
 

Judged:

1

why does chino have to reference new york state. way to just be totally out there for a comparison. why cant he just bring up the mescalero people opening up their own casino in anthony or albuquerque.(obviously they dont have land controls or whatever legal hurdle, but the comparison is a 100 times more just. fools)

You must be a politician as I have no idea what you are making reference to.
I thought Chino's comment was straight forward in comparison to referencing NY. His message was saying a precedent is being set and goes against all existing laws and compacts. It is an abuse and malfeasance irregardless of the comparison.
RayeSource

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#10
Jun 15, 2011
 
Not sure how a reply to Pete,(comment #2) found it's way as a separate post (#9)instead of a reply. I did click the reply tab.
WTF

Ruidoso, NM

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#11
Jun 15, 2011
 
Hank, you are full of yourself and anger towards everyone. Instead of your idiotic writings on this post, why don't you do something about it. Get an education, get elected and do something. Nobody listens to a cry baby and that is what you are. Blame everyone but yourself for your problems, yep that is the way to make people listen.
Ollie

Los Angeles, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#12
Jun 15, 2011
 

Judged:

1

Hank Quevedo wrote:
This White Man's Relief Act makes a mockery of sovereign Nations which are tied aboriginally to the ancestral or delegated land under treaty. Reservation shopping is another White Welfare program at the expense of Indian Tribes. As a friend of forty years of John Echohawk, I am certain he would be ashamed of his son's violation of aboriginal integrity. As for Obama and Salazar, they are just hustling for more casino contributions. Shame, it again shows the US disregard for treaty law and the forked tongue of government.
Exactly!
long time resident

Mexico

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#13
Jun 15, 2011
 

Judged:

3

1

Isee the "free market" is still alive and well in Lincoln county as long as it applies to others.Personally I hope they continue to enjoy a shared monopoly or we may be asked for another bailout.
Nativeb01

Mescalero, NM

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#14
Jun 16, 2011
 
Pete wrote:
"Another concern is that were this proposal to come to fruition we believe it would set a very bad precedent for other non-gaming tribes, nations or pueblos across the country to 'reservation shop,' so to speak, for land that could be far removed from their homelands on which to conduct gaming."
In elaborating, Chino said it could open the door for the Mescalero Apache Tribe to seek trust status for land in New York State and open a gaming establishment.
"We have no aboriginal connection, no historical nexus to New York State as an example," he said.
-----
why does chino have to reference new york state. way to just be totally out there for a comparison. why cant he just bring up the mescalero people opening up their own casino in anthony or albuquerque.(obviously they dont have land controls or whatever legal hurdle, but the comparison is a 100 times more just. fools)
Actually we can lay Claim to Anthony and Albuquerque because if you actually studied up on Apache people Early Spanish Documents reference Apache people being from Corpus Christie all the way to Albuquerque Northern Parts of Mexico and into Arizona.
WTF

Ruidoso, NM

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#15
Jun 16, 2011
 

Judged:

1

The Apache roamed from central Mexico to Colorado and from Texas to Arizona. A nomadic people.
Cope

Rio Rancho, NM

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#16
Jun 16, 2011
 
Nativeb01 wrote:
<quoted text>
Actually we can lay Claim to Anthony and Albuquerque because if you actually studied up on Apache people Early Spanish Documents reference Apache people being from Corpus Christie all the way to Albuquerque Northern Parts of Mexico and into Arizona.
Where Did the Comanche live ,I thought the Comanche lived in that region of the country?I wish I knew more.
Interested

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#18
Jun 23, 2011
 
RayeSource wrote:
why does chino have to reference new york state. way to just be totally out there for a comparison. why cant he just bring up the mescalero people opening up their own casino in anthony or albuquerque.(obviously they dont have land controls or whatever legal hurdle, but the comparison is a 100 times more just. fools)
You must be a politician as I have no idea what you are making reference to.
I thought Chino's comment was straight forward in comparison to referencing NY. His message was saying a precedent is being set and goes against all existing laws and compacts. It is an abuse and malfeasance irregardless of the comparison.
Good summary
Taxpayer

Ruidoso, NM

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#19
Jun 29, 2011
 

Judged:

3

2

2

long time resident wrote:
Isee the "free market" is still alive and well in Lincoln county as long as it applies to others.Personally I hope they continue to enjoy a shared monopoly or we may be asked for another bailout.
Government needs to get out of deciding which businesses can be opened and by whom. Let anyone who wants to open a casino do it. There will be more supply and less demand (market share), costs to the user will come down, some casinos will go broke and we will be left with the best. Same with the liquor licenses. Why does NM have to limit the number? Now they are worth a fortune. More of government meddling for "our own good".
More

Santa Fe, NM

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#20
Jun 29, 2011
 

Judged:

2

2

2

Taxpayer wrote:
<quoted text>
libertarian simplemindedness. You must enjoy not having to think or consider the long-term effects of any decision.
BurnedOutHippie

Albuquerque, NM

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#21
Jun 29, 2011
 

Judged:

1

1

1

More wrote:
<quoted text>
libertarian simplemindedness. You must enjoy not having to think or consider the long-term effects of any decision.
Deep and heavy, man. Because having vapid empty suits elected or hired by government make such quality decisions with positve long term effects. Perpetual war, oppressive debt, loss of liberty, devalued currency, confiscatory taxation. Yeah, baby!

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Cuba Discussions

Search the Cuba Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
Taser employee hired by city as DOJ consultant Jun '14 Willothewisp 3
NM Republican Martinez claims NM governor's seat (Nov '10) May '14 kyle richards 232
Alamogordo police logs (Jan '14) Jan '14 Randy 2
Cubans ex-pats and nationals begin to reconcile... (Dec '13) Dec '13 CherokeeMojonMaricon 4
Four Corner Equine Rescue takes in 10 malnouris... (Apr '09) Oct '13 Why Dat 24
Cuba (New Mexico) Applies to USAID (Jul '13) Jul '13 - Cherokee - 7
Retired Father Frank Murphy who died in Cuba, N... (Apr '12) Jun '13 Christian 6
•••
•••
•••
•••

Cuba Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Cuba People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••

Cuba News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Cuba
•••

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]
•••