First Prev
of 4
Next Last

“Just call me Sonny”

Since: Dec 10

Port St. Lucie, FL.

#1 Jul 21, 2011
Did anyone see it?
They did a weird show on religion and demonic possession and part of it had them visiting some former meth user who had cleaned up his life and was counseling other meth users at the Cumberland County Jail.

Personally I think its all BUNK...I don't believe and I don't own a Bible and yet I would NEVER do meth.

I think if there IS a devil, then what better way to mislead people than through religion?

http://abc.go.com/watch/primetime-nightline-b...

Wow...did you notice that coincidently this post was number 4666?
crossville

Crossville, TN

#2 Jul 21, 2011
I saw it and i think it was great that it displayed our little town in a positive light.

We weren't the freaks lurching on the floor we were the town that had a meth head turn into a preacher who tries to help others get off meth and stay out of jail.

I was very pleased with the feature. For whatever reason when Crossville gets national attention it's never good, last night's program was an exception.
Flower Bug

Crossville, TN

#3 Jul 21, 2011
I agree...good stuff on there.
susan

Crossville, TN

#4 Jul 21, 2011
I just viewed the show, it was very interesting and informative. Yes they are correct about demons. they can take shape in any form, drugs, alcohol, resistance to change, spousal abuse, child molestation, depression, despair, and anger. think about it, how else does the devil keep lying to people and make them believe everything is okay, dont stop. alcoholics keep on drinking using excuses provided by the devil, I work, i am okay. The addiction is the demon, and that is what someone has to fight. they are fighting the unwillingness to overcome the addiction and fighting the hold it has on them. Smoking is a demonic posession. How many years and drugs does it take for a man or woman to stop.Anything one does against god, and leaves an unclean mark on the body and soul, tissue damage, mental scarring, is a demon. look at the child who is sexually abused by a drug addict perverted father. how long does it take that child to overcome those demons (memories) of the abuse they suffered? think about it. also think about this, the tobacco demon is in the form of green. what is that?
Florydyan wrote:
Did anyone see it?
They did a weird show on religion and demonic possession and part of it had them visiting some former meth user who had cleaned up his life and was counseling other meth users at the Cumberland County Jail.
Personally I think its all BUNK...I don't believe and I don't own a Bible and yet I would NEVER do meth.
I think if there IS a devil, then what better way to mislead people than through religion?
Hank

United States

#5 Jul 22, 2011
The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world he didn't exist.
Florydyan wrote:
Did anyone see it?

“Just call me Sonny”

Port St. Lucie, FL.

#6 Jul 23, 2011
Hank wrote:
The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world he didn't exist.
<quoted text>
I think you missed the "trick"....the best trick of all was convincing people that the devil couldn't possibly control RELIGION.

I don't necessarily not believe in the devil, but when religious YAHOO'S have members run around screaming and rolling on the floor during alleged "EXORCISMS"...that's BUNK!!!!

You want to see the devil?....look no further than church.
git r done

Dayton, TN

#7 Jul 23, 2011
Florydyan wrote:
<quoted text>
I think you missed the "trick"....the best trick of all was convincing people that the devil couldn't possibly control RELIGION.
I don't necessarily not believe in the devil, but when religious YAHOO'S have members run around screaming and rolling on the floor during alleged "EXORCISMS"...that's BUNK!!!!
No azzhole, if you want to see the devil just look at your idiotic posts, you apparently are the devils closest relative.
bill

Dunlap, TN

#8 Jul 23, 2011
Florydyan wrote:
<quoted text>
how does a person such as yourself become so simple minded, full of hate and mentally retarded ? I mean seriously I read some of your post and I think to myself one day the police will raid your house and find like 7 or 8 half eaten bodies. You sir are truly a wacko do you really believe the all the stuff you put on hear?
Interesting

Crossville, TN

#9 Jul 23, 2011
There has certainly been plenty of evil that has been done in the name of God, some of it through organized religion. But blanket statements and assumptions that all churches are evil, show an incredible lack of either experience or thought.

There are plenty of very good, caring, loving, Bible based churches out there, even in spite of the fact that man tends to screw up, anything that man gets a hold of. That so many churches do good things should be proof enough of God's existence if you ask me.

“Just call me Sonny”

Port St. Lucie, FL.

#10 Jul 23, 2011
bill wrote:
<quoted text>how does a person such as yourself become so simple minded, full of hate and mentally retarded ? I mean seriously I read some of your post and I think to myself one day the police will raid your house and find like 7 or 8 half eaten bodies. You sir are truly a wacko do you really believe the all the stuff you put on hear?
Actually if I were doing anything illegal I would go to church in order to dress myself in the CAMOUFLAGE that it would afford me.

"7 or 8 half eaten bodies"?

Is that what it would take for me to be WORSE than you?

“Just call me Sonny”

Port St. Lucie, FL.

#11 Jul 23, 2011
git r done wrote:
<quoted text>
No azzhole, if you want to see the devil just look at your idiotic posts, you apparently are the devils closest relative.
Obviously you've never seen the movie "The Devil's Advocate"?

I think the closest relative was a lawyer.....and I HATE lawyers!

“Just call me Sonny”

Port St. Lucie, FL.

#12 Jul 23, 2011
Interesting wrote:
There has certainly been plenty of evil that has been done in the name of God, some of it through organized religion. But blanket statements and assumptions that all churches are evil, show an incredible lack of either experience or thought.
There are plenty of very good, caring, loving, Bible based churches out there, even in spite of the fact that man tends to screw up, anything that man gets a hold of. That so many churches do good things should be proof enough of God's existence if you ask me.
Let me ask you this?
Having seen the movie "Misery" might help you to understand my point, but assuming you haven't seen it, lets say I attack you with a baseball bat and brutally beat you and break both your legs.

Ok...so I then drag you back to my secluded cabin and I feed you and nurse you back to health.

Ok then...do you say thank you?

Truly...the actions of many "churches" are not at all unlike that.
Interesting

Crossville, TN

#13 Jul 23, 2011
Florydyan wrote:
<quoted text>
Let me ask you this?
Having seen the movie "Misery" might help you to understand my point, but assuming you haven't seen it, lets say I attack you with a baseball bat and brutally beat you and break both your legs.
Ok...so I then drag you back to my secluded cabin and I feed you and nurse you back to health.
Well I guess you have me there! If the "Church" you go to, ties you up in the bed and beats you with a bat until they break both your legs, then you found the "Church" of the devil! I would move on also.
bill

Dunlap, TN

#14 Jul 23, 2011
Florydyan wrote:
<quoted text>
Let me ask you this?
I know of no church anywhere that does anything at all like that. Once again you bash something that you don't understand or know anything about.

“Just call me Sonny”

Port St. Lucie, FL.

#15 Jul 23, 2011
bill wrote:
<quoted text>I know of no church anywhere that does anything at all like that. Once again you bash something that you don't understand or know anything about.
Oh...you've never heard of the Catholic Church?

No Jehovah's Witness "Kingdom Hall" in tiny little Pikeville?

Not knowing sure is wonderful isn't it?
head honcho

Dayton, TN

#16 Jul 23, 2011
Florydyan wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh...you've never heard of the Catholic Church?
No Jehovah's Witness "Kingdom Hall" in tiny little Pikeville?
Not knowing sure is wonderful isn't it?
If you know so much about these then, please enlighten us!
Interesting

Crossville, TN

#17 Jul 23, 2011
I think I see whats going on here, our good friend Florydyan is equating persons or organizations who tell him that what he likes to do is wrong or makes them feel bad in any way, to being tied to the bed in Misery and beaten until both legs are broken.

Obviously we have a big fan of extreme moral relativism here, with Florydyan getting the honor of setting the moral norm.

“Just call me Sonny”

Port St. Lucie, FL.

#18 Jul 23, 2011
You do understand that my reference to "broken legs" is figurative...right?

Its not like there is a church named "The Holy Limp To Salvation Church"....however...what there is are churches who abuse its members and who abuse their power.

The Catholic Church was involved in a huge sexual scandal, and it turns their were many higher ups in the church who turned their backs and looked the other way while others outright LIED to protect themselves.

What amazes me is that ANY of these children abused within the Catholic ranks would even consider staying Catholic.

Seriously..after that, what convinces them that the Catholic religion is the ONLY true one?
What is it...those piously cool costumes they wear?

How can you continue to believe that?
I couldn't.

There are more ways to be seriously injured than just having ones legs literally broken.

I have actually heard Catholics who CONDEMN their fellow Catholics for saying anything about their sexual abuse or being involved in a law suit against the church.

Why would I want to sit in a church full of those mother F'ers?

Its the same in churches around the world.
NOBODY will take sides with you the "victim".
They don't want to phuk up their good thing by protesting alongside of you.

Its easier to blame you in some way then it is to take on the whole church and find themselves on the outside looking in.

Oh how very noble of them.
dollface amy

Mcminnville, TN

#19 Jul 23, 2011
Florydyan wrote:
<quoted text>
if you dont believe in religion then what is it called when you dont beilevein jesus or the devil either?isnt that a religion? note cant any belief in anything be a religion ?

“Just call me Sonny”

Port St. Lucie, FL.

#20 Jul 23, 2011
Interesting wrote:
I think I see whats going on here, our good friend Florydyan is equating persons or organizations who tell him that what he likes to do is wrong or makes them feel bad in any way, to being tied to the bed in Misery and beaten until both legs are broken.
Obviously we have a big fan of extreme moral relativism here, with Florydyan getting the honor of setting the moral norm.
You should be ashamed of yourself because you quickly chose the lowest common denominator by which to judge me by automatically assuming that I have no morality, thus that has to be my problem with churches.

Actually you have it backwards..churches aren't good enough for me.

I'm not perfect but I do a pretty good job.
Hey...don't mock me for saying that...YOU assumed and made baseless accusations and I'm simply pointing out just how wrong you are.

Most church members are quivering cowards who will NEVER stand up for their so-called friends in the church should any kind of battle between them and the church ensue.

Why shouldn't the one who everyone turned their backs on not be bitter?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 4
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Crossville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Cchs girls basketball coach 11 min BillyBob 15
Hot Moms! 23 min LogicIsIrrelevant 40
Slept with your man 35 min Masturbator 41
Obama's Birth Certificate (Apr '11) 1 hr Uncle Larry 126
Levi Smith 1 hr Big J 2
Staying single must work because your woman is... 1 hr Bret 1
who knows joe mama 1 hr Laura dellolio 2
Crossville Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

Crossville People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Crossville News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Crossville

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]

NFL Latest News

Updated 1:47 pm PST

Yahoo! Sports 1:47PM
Falcons eliminate Saints 30-14, setting up Panthers showdown
NBC Sports 2:00 PM
Panthers-Falcons tie would deliver division title to Carolina, in unusual way
ESPN 3:24 PM
Falcons WRs to CB Lewis: Back up trash talk
Bleacher Report 3:58 PM
Is This End of the Line for Brees in NOLA?
Bleacher Report 4:04 PM
Highlights, Recap for Pats vs. Jets