New Priceless Foods IGA

Posted in the Crossville Forum

Comments (Page 7)

Showing posts 121 - 140 of171
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
doyouagree

Crossville, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#134
May 5, 2013
 

Judged:

1

1

1

stewie wrote:
lulu you have a very good point. a store that advertises a can of coffee on the shelf for 7.99 for instance and then raises the price 80 cents at the register is doing the devils handiwork and trying to rip off the customers. this is what crossville thinks of it's people. we already pay high prices for gas, most of the stations around here charge different prices, krogers charges 1.99 for two liter bottles when they can be purchased for 1.35 at dollar general market. the dollar store at woodmere is higher than the other ones on some items. it all seems to be a money game. look also gas at FFG is cheaper than ours. so what is up with that??????
<quoted text>
are you crazy or something?

you can get a 3 LITER YES 3 LITERS for 80 cents if you add the 10% thats what 90 cents, but dang do you know how long a 3 liter coke lasts? if you would rather spend 1.99 or 1.35 go right ahead and be a dummy but as for me and my family, we love the new iga and your darn tootin we are gonna continue to shop there. first time i went in there and shopped i got 37 dollars worth of food that i still have right now enough for at least 3 more days with dang gas so dang high they will keep my business. the cans food is 40 cants, dang save a lot used to be about 45 cents for whole kernal corn, then it went to 55 cents and now its like 59 cents and baked beans are like 75 cents a can heck even saourkrat is like 89 cents well i bought some at the iga for 40 cents, now tell me they are not cheap? tell me they are like food city, give me a freeking break, food city is so high priced i am surpriced they even stay in bussiness. i went in there once to buy food, dang 1 buggie was like 250 dollars and i bought the cheap brands, dang food did not even last me 1 week, way too high priced, got some good chicken already seasonsed for 1.75 now where can you get that elsewhere cheaper? do tell? oh and no food city nor krogers, nor even wallmart got good deals like that. so no thank you. i will shop at iga from now on and btw i am on a fixed income of less then 600 per month and i know a good deal whjen i see one because when your on a fixed income you gotta get the cheapest things and make food last and i have a family of 3 people, and forget ugo, they food out of date. not good..
hey

Crossville, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#135
May 5, 2013
 

Judged:

1

sad wrote:
omfg if you are embarrassed to live her LEAVE no one cares and "WELL" do you really believe they can pay for their building, salaries, delivery, utilities, equipment, phones and ect all on 10% get real. I honestly think most can easily figure what 10% of the shelf price is but honestly why should they even have to. WHy not just price the item with the 10% already added to it then people can easily see the difference in what they are paying instead of all the figuring. Its mind games!! I think it is very misleading even if they say they add 10% at the register. But what ever floats your boat!!
you do know that is 10% on the total sale and not just 10% on each item right? so you buy 100 worth food pay 110.
Checkout

Lebanon, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#136
May 6, 2013
 
hey wrote:
<quoted text>
you do know that is 10% on the total sale and not just 10% on each item right? so you buy 100 worth food pay 110.
Holy crap! I have to comment. If you are paying 10% on your grocery bill you are paying 10% on every item, There is no difference. Haha you kill me.
Well

Crossville, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#137
May 6, 2013
 

Judged:

1

sad wrote:
omfg if you are embarrassed to live her LEAVE no one cares and "WELL" do you really believe they can pay for their building, salaries, delivery, utilities, equipment, phones and ect all on 10% get real. I honestly think most can easily figure what 10% of the shelf price is but honestly why should they even have to. WHy not just price the item with the 10% already added to it then people can easily see the difference in what they are paying instead of all the figuring. Its mind games!! I think it is very misleading even if they say they add 10% at the register. But what ever floats your boat!!
No, if you re-read my post again SLOWLY, the price on the shelf is what pays the bills-the 10% mark-up is what the OWNERS make!
BettyBoop

Mcminnville, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#138
May 6, 2013
 
The program is used to show shoppers that they only make a 10% profit from EACH ITEM. "How can you run a business on only a 10% profit?" PriceLess IGA is owned by a company called Houchens and Houchens owned many different businesses which can financially support the PriceLess IGA's only 10% profit. Some of the items will be higher than at Walmart or Food City because maybe that item is a sale item at the other stores. When you look at the marketing of grocery store mark ups, IGA is drastically cheaper as a whole. Could they have added the 10% to the shelf price already so you wouldn't have to "figure" out your end sale price? Yes probably, but that's how they want to do their business and tell customers up front that they only make that percent mark up as opposed to the 20, 30, and sometimes 60% at other stores. If you could look at some receipts the Cost Plus 10% is hardly anything to even wince at. A grocery order of about $20.00 can have the mark up at only $1.98. Depends on what you buy. If it's too much for you ... go elsewhere.
wow

Crossville, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#139
May 6, 2013
 

Judged:

1

bottom line is if you charge an extra $2.00 to a thousand people you make $2000.00. So the moral of the story is this is a good con, but i would rather do it the old fashioned way. pay the advertised price or the listed price on the product or the shelf. sorry but your explanation sucks.
BettyBoop wrote:
The program is used to show shoppers that they only make a 10% profit from EACH ITEM. "How can you run a business on only a 10% profit?" PriceLess IGA is owned by a company called Houchens and Houchens owned many different businesses which can financially support the PriceLess IGA's only 10% profit. Some of the items will be higher than at Walmart or Food City because maybe that item is a sale item at the other stores. When you look at the marketing of grocery store mark ups, IGA is drastically cheaper as a whole. Could they have added the 10% to the shelf price already so you wouldn't have to "figure" out your end sale price? Yes probably, but that's how they want to do their business and tell customers up front that they only make that percent mark up as opposed to the 20, 30, and sometimes 60% at other stores. If you could look at some receipts the Cost Plus 10% is hardly anything to even wince at. A grocery order of about $20.00 can have the mark up at only $1.98. Depends on what you buy. If it's too much for you ... go elsewhere.
wow

Crossville, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#140
May 6, 2013
 

Judged:

2

think about it like this, pay a bill at cracker barrel for dinner. go back and tip ur waitress. pay a bill at priceless, go back and tip the owner. sorry just a scam.
Checkout wrote:
<quoted text>
Holy crap! I have to comment. If you are paying 10% on your grocery bill you are paying 10% on every item, There is no difference. Haha you kill me.
notreally

Crossville, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#141
May 6, 2013
 

Judged:

1

1

wow wrote:
sorry just a scam.
<quoted text>
Gimmick, yes. Scam, no. There are signs everywhere (and voice announcements) explaining the pricing model. Sadly the locals are too dense to understand.
BettyBoop

Mcminnville, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#142
May 10, 2013
 
wow wrote:
bottom line is if you charge an extra $2.00 to a thousand people you make $2000.00. So the moral of the story is this is a good con, but i would rather do it the old fashioned way. pay the advertised price or the listed price on the product or the shelf. sorry but your explanation sucks.
<quoted text>
Yes, good job. This is what we call a PROFIT. Like I said, if it's too much for you and you have your conspiracy theories about it because it's not the same old same old you've been exposed to your entire life, go elsewhere. And my explanation is the exact same as what you would hear if you chose to get one from any employee there. It's a simple marketing strategy.
yeahbut

Crossville, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#143
May 11, 2013
 

Judged:

2

1

1

BettyBoop wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes, good job. This is what we call a PROFIT. Like I said, if it's too much for you and you have your conspiracy theories about it because it's not the same old same old you've been exposed to your entire life, go elsewhere. And my explanation is the exact same as what you would hear if you chose to get one from any employee there. It's a simple marketing strategy.
I agree, however, the marketing strategy presupposes that the customers have some iota of intelligence. They're not going to get that here. A large majority of the fine citizens of Crossville and Cumberland county are in the very low percentiles when it comes to intelligence and education.
Born Smart

Cookeville, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#144
May 11, 2013
 

Judged:

1

1

1

yeahbut wrote:
<quoted text>
I agree, however, the marketing strategy presupposes that the customers have some iota of intelligence. They're not going to get that here. A large majority of the fine citizens of Crossville and Cumberland county are in the very low percentiles when it comes to intelligence and education.
which would explain why they appear to hate a profit, but continue to vote republicon and support corporate welfare while cutting their own throats and ending welfare for kids and housing etc.
noob

Mcminnville, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#145
May 12, 2013
 

Judged:

2

Well I know Food City was advertising that aberdeen bacon was cheaper at their store than at IGA, but it wasn't the same size bacon. False advertising and lies. I WILL NOT shop Food City any more.
Yes SIR

Crossville, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#146
May 12, 2013
 

Judged:

1

If they advertised Aberdeen bacon than its not false advertising. They didn't say it was the same as iga
noob

Mcminnville, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#147
May 13, 2013
 

Judged:

2

1

1

Advertising something is cheaper when it's not the same quantity completely falls under the category of false advertising, or at the very least cheap and sleezy. Either way, Food City has shown their trembling hand by not giving THEIR customers complete truth.
Good customer service

Hendersonville, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#148
May 14, 2013
 

Judged:

1

1

I purchased a few items that had issues and they swapped them out for new ones when I brought them back.
old faithful

Crossville, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#149
May 24, 2013
 

Judged:

2

1

1

It is against standards to advertise one price and then charge the customers another price at the register. they will be turned into the better business bureau. that is deceptive marketing. they should know better.
trekgraham78 wrote:
It's so nice in there, went to get some needed groceries figured I'd check them out. Lot of great bargains there, there are some items that aren't cheaper but if you only goto one place to avoid driving all over the place you won't find a better deal in town.
Duh

Hendersonville, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#150
May 24, 2013
 

Judged:

1

old faithful wrote:
It is against standards to advertise one price and then charge the customers another price at the register. they will be turned into the better business bureau. that is deceptive marketing. they should know better.
<quoted text>
They're already accredited you idiot. It's a chain of stores internationally. Do some effin research.
uranidiot

Crossville, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#151
May 24, 2013
 
old faithful wrote:
It is against standards to advertise one price and then charge the customers another price at the register. they will be turned into the better business bureau. that is deceptive marketing. they should know better.
<quoted text>
The stupid, it burns!
Well

Denver, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#152
May 26, 2013
 

Judged:

1

1

I like te new iga and food city put up a sign we don't add 20 percent that's right they dot there already high enough
Amber

Lincolnton, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#153
May 26, 2013
 

Judged:

1

1

1

I work there and love it. and I never get any complaints about our store we get PLENTY of business :);)

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 121 - 140 of171
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

88 Users are viewing the Crossville Forum right now

Search the Crossville Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Food Stamps for CANDY (Apr '11) 28 min Childhood memory 143
marsha 59 min The one and only 2
Payne (May '12) 1 hr curious 10
J & R Services what a rip off (Mar '11) 1 hr Very disappointed 56
our next sheriff should be? 1 hr Voting Citizen 30
Downtown Car Cruise-in 1 hr april 1
Animal Shelter 1 hr april 14
•••
•••
•••
•••

Crossville Jobs

•••
•••
•••

Crossville People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]
•••