Fairfax Station, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 28, 2012

chuckita wrote:
....It's more likely you would win the lottery. This is difficult for dirtbags to understand. That's why we have Virginia, for the dirtbags, we encourage them to migrate there....
So you are saying that the retired law eforcement folks who carry their guns are dirt bags?

“Uzi Does It”

Since: Nov 08

UZILAND

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 28, 2012

Good Citizen wrote:
<quoted text>
So you are saying that the retired law eforcement folks who carry their guns are dirt bags?
LOL, look at that retired NYPD Lt. that shot the ATF agent dead in the pharmacy while the ATF agent was helping to stop a robbery, LOL!!! Hardly no citizens can get a concealed permit in NY and the retired cops get to carry so they can murder federal agents. But, anywhoo, that kind of story is hilarious, I'll bet the Lt. loses his deli business next to the pharmacy and a ton of loot in the lawsuit,:)
Fed Up

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 2, 2012

As in the beginning of our Constitution." WE THE PEOPLE" I'm sure not everyone was on board with the revolt. It took visionaries to see what an awesome country this could be if we were left alone from Jolly old England. Over time, alot of the same values of OLD ENGLAND are becoming visable... Tax the living hell out of the working class. Screw the poor and Make the richer more dollars.DO AS I SAY, NOT AS I DO !!! Well, as a resident of Maryland for 15 years now. Iv'e about had it. I lived in Miami most of my life. I had a concealed permit in Florida. Took a 8 hr class. Proved I could hit what I was aiming at and I recieved my permit. My wife and I were about to become victoms of a car jacking at a Home Depot one evening.4 gentleman insisted on helping us while their driver buddy stayed in the car. I drew my 45 and guess what... They hauled ass away. I called the police and made a report that I drew my weapon. Guess what... Same 4 nice guys robbed and beat up another couple at Lowes just up the street. So with that being said... Governer Omally...Grow a pair, and let the people defend themselves. MD state police can't be everywhere at the proper time. If so we wouldnt have such a high crime rate. Salisbury, Maryland resident.

“Uzi Does It”

UZILAND

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 3, 2012

Fed Up wrote:
... I drew my 45 and guess what... They hauled ass away. I called the police and made a report that I drew my weapon. Guess what... Same 4 nice guys robbed and beat up another couple at Lowes just up the street.
So it's your fault the other couple got robbed, did you contact them and make arrangements for reparations?
WOW

District Heights, MD

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 16, 2012

Dear Anonymous,
According to Maryland law you have the right to possess a rifle without a permit to carry, so if your thinking is that making concealed weapons licenses hard to get is going to keep guns out of the hands of criminals...you just lost your argument... They may be bigger and more obvious but they're just as deadly if someone is intent to commit a crime.. and as Im sure someone else has mentioned already...criminals do not give a d@*n about a license to carry a weapon concealed or otherwise and being afraid of getting mugged or assaulted for no reason in and around Maryland is a valid concern especially with the economy in the state that it is in and the fact that even people who wouldnt ordinarily commit a crime are doing so... marylands gun laws are basically letting the criminals know that hey if I attack someone with a gun there is a 9 out 0f 10 chance that they arent going to be able to defend themselves...
Good Citizen

Fairfax Station, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 17, 2012

Last night I was walking down the street of a well-known Maryland city. As I looked at the folks around me I felt a moment of vulnerability. I took comfort, however, in the fact that at least no law-abiding citizens would be carrying guns (except perhaps those sanctioned by the State Police of course).
I have a Florida CCW mainly because I go camping. I don't generally carry in public. However, I feel that the requirements to receive a CCW permit should be at least as stringent as for getting a driverís license. I know they say that driving is a privilege and carrying guns is a right but apparently carrying a concealed weapon is a privilege granted state by state.
So, just as qualifying for the privilege of operating a deadly weapon like an automobile, qualifying for a CCW permit should require a demonstration that the person knows how to use the gun and that they know the laws about WHEN they can use it, which is basically when you, or someone you really love, are in immediate danger and the hell you are going to have to go through afterwards is going to be worth it.
quallybear

Baltimore, MD

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 6, 2012

Anonymous wrote:
<quoted text>
First off, the 2nd amendment, the right to bear arms wasn't put there so everyone who wanted who was paranoid about being assaulted could carry a gun. It was put there to give the people the right to bear arms and form militia to protect against the tyranny of government. In other words, The United States, having just overcome the dictated laws and taxes of England, wanted protection to ensure the same couldn't be done by their own government. Now, do you really think we're on the brink of another Civil War? I highly doubt it. So there goes that need.
I too grew up and have lived in the Baltimore area all of my life. I like to think that while the area has it's problems, my life is not in imminent danger every time I step out of my home.
This is not to say that I think no one should own guns. I believe everyone should be given the right to a THOROUGH background check and then have the right to own a gun either for game (hunting) or home invasion protection. If someone breaks into your home with a gun, I think you have the right to shoot them. I'm not a bleeding heart liberal who thinks no one should own a gun and we shouldn't hunt or eat meat, blah, blah, blah. If you want to own a gun and use it responsibly for hunting and home protection, go right ahead and apply for a permit to do so.
But if you want to be able to walk the streets of my city/state (yeah, it's my city/state too, I pay my taxes) then you had better prove, beyond a doubt, that you need to carry that pistol because your life literally depends upon it.
Well apparently a Federal Judge disagrees with your statement - he thinks the 2nd. amendment states a person can carry outside the home for protection - and I agree... Hopefully this will be settled quickly and Marylanders will be able to carry...

“Uzi Does It”

UZILAND

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 9, 2012

Good Citizen wrote:
I took comfort, however, in the fact that at least no law-abiding citizens would be carrying guns
A person doesn't need to be a citzen, nor do they need to submit to a law abiding test, in order to obtain a concealed carry permit. Maybe it is you that is ignorant of the laws regarding such things.
pg RESIDENT

Arlington, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 9, 2012

Peter wrote:
Yes I do believe that our govenment, particulaly my state government is abusing its power. And shoudl we not have the right to carry a weapon outside of our homes, how would we ever be able to resist a corupt govenment. Furthermore, there is abundant data which clearly demonstate that the states which have shall carry laws have significantly less murder and violent crime than those states which do not. Maryland has approximately 26% more violent crime than Pennsylvania and Virginia. It's simply amazing, that so many people continue to make decisions baed on the feelings, rather than the evidence.
That is just it if your life really depends on you carrying a gun in the state of maryland then you are as good as dead so by that justification you eather are going to die or do not have a right to carry. If you life depends on it and you have to wait 90 days does your life really depend on it? I do not agree with that law at all I agree back ground checks should be done but lets face it the people who are using the guns for ill perposes do not care about the law and in fact would rather carry an unregistered fire arm than a registered one.

“Uzi Does It”

UZILAND

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 9, 2012

pg RESIDENT wrote:
<quoted text>
That is just it if your life really depends on you carrying a gun in the state of maryland then you are as good as dead so by that justification you eather are going to die or do not have a right to carry. If you life depends on it and you have to wait 90 days does your life really depend on it? I do not agree with that law at all I agree back ground checks should be done but lets face it the people who are using the guns for ill perposes do not care about the law and in fact would rather carry an unregistered fire arm than a registered one.
LOL, background checks saved no one. I think that what you are trying to say is that a permit should be granted for whites and to save urban society the blacks should be denied, capicio?
Patrick

Waldorf, MD

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 22, 2012

Thankfully the SCOTUS rejected your position in Heller and in McDonald. The right to carry is fundamental, any doubt read Heller if the 2nd is not clear enough for you. As to proving need, I don't need to prove a thing to you or anyone else to exercise my god given rights.

“Uzi Does It”

UZILAND

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 22, 2012

Patrick wrote:
Thankfully the SCOTUS rejected your position in Heller and in McDonald. The right to carry is fundamental...
Concealed carry, is state licensed privilege; open bearing and keeping arms as possessions, is a right.
armed dad

Bel Air, MD

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 25, 2012

As long as I travel many cities all over the country with my daughters, I carry. The likelyhood of them "frisking" me is pretty remote. So I take my chances.

In hoppes I trust

“Uzi Does It”

UZILAND

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 31, 2012

armed dad wrote:
As long as I travel many cities all over the country with my daughters, I carry. The likelyhood of them "frisking" me is pretty remote. So I take my chances.
In hoppes I trust
LOL, I doubt nobody wants any those girls you have.
Pa Constable

Warfordsburg, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 30, 2012

USMC Corporal wrote:
<quoted text>
so if a criminal is on a killing spree and is headed in our (yes i live in Baltimore) direction how do you want to defend yourself? i know how i would, one in the head and two in the chest!
So USMC Corpse,I guess when that Baltimore Gang Member pulls a gun on you out on the street when your walking with your family,"Oh sorry, let me go home and get my weapon".I work in the prison system in Hagerstown,Md.and when I`m walking in the Walmart parking lot at night with my family this is always on my mind.These guys are being released every day.So its either carry illegally or put my family in danger.Within blocks of the Baltimore harbor stores roll down thier metal doors before dark because of the gang activity.And out my way the gang members hang out in the Hagerstown Mall every day.So I carry!

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 81 - 95 of95
|
next page >
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
•••
Crofton Dating

more search filters

less search filters

•••

Crofton Jobs

•••
•••
•••

Crofton People Search