Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex marriage

Aug 4, 2010 Read more: www.cnn.com 201,862

A federal judge in California has knocked down the state's voter-approved ban on same-sex marriage, ruling Wednesday that the state's controversial Proposition 8 violates the U.S. Constitution.

Read more
Bill Of Rights

Livermore, CA

#139578 May 3, 2012
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
You trumpet very limited, manipulated law.
I simply state reality.
You lose.
Opinion,and not a very good one at that! The reality is 6 states and D.C. with Washington and Maryland joining the ranks this year! There's your reality bigot boy! Suck on it! How long have you lived on fantasy island? And have you met Mr. Roarke or Tattoo yet? Your fantasy will start shortly! LOLOLOL

“IT'S TIME TO ELIMINATE”

Since: Mar 11

HATE AND BIGOTRY

#139579 May 3, 2012
Bill Of Rights wrote:
<quoted text>
Not to mention that he takes the actions of a very few and stereotypes it into the whole gay population! And yet he also never mentions the actions of straights doing the very same things! Anyone having sex on the beach in public should be arrested and prosecuted but again it just isn't gays! That boy looks through rose colored glasses,and isn't he great at the stereotyping!
I totally agree with ya:-)

Since: Jul 11

Location hidden

#139580 May 3, 2012
Bill Of Rights wrote:
<quoted text>
And even if it was true and he did exist(LOLOLOL) it still would have no relevance or baring on the topic of this thread! One more time,we are not a theocracy and we have a secular government with separation of church and state! There is a reason why religion is NOT allowed to be taught in the public schools! And a damn good reason! Who wants these nut jobs dictating to us how we are to live our lives!
no kidding sweetie... love ya
Winston Smith

Ephrata, PA

#139581 May 3, 2012
Here Is One wrote:
<quoted text>
Sure you do.........ROTFLMAO
Go back and look at the post you made that started this little dialogue. You spelled rogue incorrectly. You transposed the G and the U and came up with rouge. You sure are a humorless nipple head.
Winston Smith

Ephrata, PA

#139582 May 3, 2012
Here Is One wrote:
<quoted text>
I am a opposite sex couple and I would be more than happy to give you equal rights under a civil union by any other name than marriage and most other straight couples feel the same....
Go find your own name for your abnormal union.....
So what you're saying is you're a hermaphrodite married to yourself. Why deny that joys of marriage to same sex couples? Selfish bastard.

“Pay the toll”

Since: Jan 10

or meet the troll

#139583 May 3, 2012
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
You lose the history lesson on both counts;
1. The Bible was the text book for scores of early American school history.
2. Gay 'marriages' have never ever survived for any length of time in history.
Simply facts. You'll live to see it (smile).
Well in a way you are correct, in a way you are not. Rural schools in early America often used the bible. Mostly because that was the only book to be had, period. It was never endorsed by the US government, or any part of it thereof, as an official textbook.
Winston Smith

Ephrata, PA

#139584 May 3, 2012
Here Is One wrote:
<quoted text>
Bottom line is that marriage was always between a man and a woman until the abnormals tried to change it.....
The word means a civil union between straight different sex couples.....
So allowing the gays to use the word is calling them straight.....ROTFLMAO
1. Not all marriages have been recorded from the time of the first one.
2. Some same sex marriages have occured in history.
3. WTF are you trying to say with "civil union between straight different sex couples?"
4. Nope, allowing gays to marry isn't calling them straight - more proof you're quite the eejit.

“IT'S TIME TO ELIMINATE”

Since: Mar 11

HATE AND BIGOTRY

#139585 May 3, 2012
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
Everyone knows those aren't real marriages. You are just pretending to be like straights.
We AREN'T pretending to be anything but WHO we are......being married to my wife HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH TRYING TO BE STRAIGHT.....but it does have to do with love, respect, companionship and being responsible for someone I care for!!!

“Love thy neighbor!”

Since: Dec 06

Westland , MI

#139586 May 3, 2012
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
I simply state reality.
You lose.
Isn't it funny, that when you can't argue a real point, you mock it or belittle it??

Seems to be your MO.

Equal marriage laws = the same marriage license for all

It's the trend. Keep watching.
Mona Lott

Hoboken, NJ

#139587 May 3, 2012
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
Everyone knows those aren't real marriages. You are just pretending to be like straights.
They have the EXACT same licenses as straights.

And "everyone knows" you are delusional.
Winston Smith

Ephrata, PA

#139588 May 3, 2012
Here Is One wrote:
<quoted text>
Sure.......Not a problem......
Here is a english translation.......
A marriage in Mexico is legal only if it is a civil ceremony performed at a local Civil Register Office (Oficina del Registro Civil). You can have a religious ceremony later.
Same Sex Marriages:
Two areas of Mexico, the state of Coahuuila and Mexico City, have civil union laws that give same-sex couples many of the social and legal benefits of heterosexual marriage in Mexico.
http://marriage.about.com/od/international/p/...
www.usatoday.com/news/world/2007-03-16-gayuni...
The civil union is available to all but the catholic church issues a marriage certificate and gay are not allowed.....
Are you certain of the validity of your links?
The first link is copyright 2012 for a "part of the New York Times Company. That doesn't quite make it a source for laws in Mexico. The second link you provided (which is provided as a source in the first link) is dated 16 March 2007 as in a little over FIVE years ago.

Try something a little more current...

http://www.eluniversal.com.mx/notas/700789.ht...
Mona Lott

Hoboken, NJ

#139589 May 3, 2012
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
I simply state reality.
You lose.
You deny reality. We win.
Mona Lott

Hoboken, NJ

#139590 May 3, 2012
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
But you won't, will you? It's obvious you already have one foot in the grave.

“Yellow Brick Road”

Since: Mar 12

The Land of OZ

#139591 May 3, 2012
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
Given that 50% of all heterosexual marriages end in divorce for first time marriages and then dramaticaly increases for second and third marriages. Its safe to say that heterosexual marriages seldom survive for any lenght of time.

The bible was used in rural areas as a way to teach children to read. Not so much in urban settings. Now is the hard question what does the bible have to do with same sex marriages. Please try and make a point, we have been waithing for days on end.

“Yellow Brick Road”

Since: Mar 12

The Land of OZ

#139592 May 3, 2012
polly sigh one oh one wrote:
<quoted text>
blah blah blah??????
im sorry i don't speak gibberish
like you do.
I do hope that at some point in time you pull your head out of your azz.

Since: Apr 12

Location hidden

#139593 May 3, 2012
The Great Sly_Clyde wrote:
<quoted text>I do hope that at some point in time you pull your head out of your azz.
if you only had a brain buddy, life would take you to the distance
Namu Myoho Renge Kyo

Venice, CA

#139594 May 3, 2012
People should just chant to overcome their hatred of gay people.
http://nichirenbuddhist.org/
Gay Jay

Dublin, OH

#139597 May 4, 2012
The Great Sly_Clyde wrote:
<quoted text>99.9% of the time that people on the Internet brag about things like cars and houses, they in fact live in the basement of their mother. Much like you. Now just how does your financial status as a pimple faced wanker have anything to do with same sex marriage?
IT WOULD BE KIND OF HARD to live in the basement of their mother, unless you was a big cat dead cow like your mammy. Now, what does your gayness have to do with dogs in a basement?

“KiMare'a the Monster Mutation”

Since: Nov 10

Location hidden

#139598 May 4, 2012
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
naturalwonder wrote:
<quoted text>Well in a way you are correct, in a way you are not. Rural schools in early America often used the bible. Mostly because that was the only book to be had, period. It was never endorsed by the US government, or any part of it thereof, as an official textbook.
No, I was right on the account you distorted and the one you ignored.

They had many books, and the Bible was used in all schools along with daily prayer to 'Nature's Creator'.

Why do you always have to deny and twist reality? It's like telling the lie that gay unions are the same as marriage. You have to keep telling bigger and bigger lies to maintain the first lie.

“KiMare'a the Monster Mutation”

Since: Nov 10

Location hidden

#139599 May 4, 2012
RnL2008 wrote:
<quoted text>
We AREN'T pretending to be anything but WHO we are......being married to my wife HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH TRYING TO BE STRAIGHT.....but it does have to do with love, respect, companionship and being responsible for someone I care for!!!
That description fits almost ALL relationships.

Are you now trying to call ALL relationships marriage???

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Covina Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Council rejects Kare offer (Sep '08) 1 hr Snoop Cat 273
News Ontario Mills experiences a turnaround (Apr '10) 2 hr Jade 68
News UCLA FOOTBALL NOTEBOOK: Neuheisel says Prince w... (Sep '10) 3 hr Bruin Nation 29,517
Teacher Allegedly Has Sex With Minor in Sierra ... 4 hr Bagel Bytes 2
News Publica s help sought in fatal stabbing of Azus... 4 hr josephsantacruz 1
News Longest-serving Santa Cruz traffic cop retires (Aug '10) 4 hr See Tom_See Tom C 108
Whwen you cant get enough 5 hr Them stars 1
More from around the web

Covina People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]