Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex marriage

Aug 4, 2010 Full story: www.cnn.com 201,151

A federal judge in California has knocked down the state's voter-approved ban on same-sex marriage, ruling Wednesday that the state's controversial Proposition 8 violates the U.S. Constitution.

Full Story

“Yellow Brick Road”

Since: Mar 12

The Land of OZ

#139566 May 3, 2012
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
It's clear this discussion is above your pay grade.
OK what would you like to discuss? Shall it be same sex marriage? Religion on our Governments roll or perhaps any god you chose.

“Love thy neighbor!”

Since: Dec 06

Westland , MI

#139567 May 3, 2012
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
Everyone knows those aren't real marriages. You are just pretending to be like straights.
The same marriage license is issued for all married couples in each state that has equal marriage rights. In the eyes of the government, they are equal and real.

Your opinion means Squat.

“Love thy neighbor!”

Westland , MI

#139568 May 3, 2012
Bill Of Rights wrote:
<quoted text>
And everyone knows that it is now illegal to teach Christianity in the public schools! And you are just pretending to be a human being with a soul! Your opinions are just that,opinions and nothing more! Marriage equality is now a fact of life and after DOMA is overturned marriage equality will become the law of the land! I take great pleasure in knowing that you are powerless to stop the march of fairness and equality! LOL
Yes, that feels very good, doesn't it.

:)

Since: Jul 11

Location hidden

#139569 May 3, 2012
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
Everyone knows those aren't real marriages. You are just pretending to be like straights.
And everyone knows there is no jesASS... its just a fairytale

“Love thy neighbor!”

Westland , MI

#139570 May 3, 2012
Cool Hand Luke wrote:
10 Reasons Why Homosexual “Marriage” is Harmful and Must be Opposed
By TFP Student Action
1. It Is Not Marriage
Wrong, it is every bit as valid a marriage as anyone else has.
2. It Violates Natural Law
It's very natural and wonderful for us.
4. It Validates and Promotes the Homosexual Lifestyle
Being a nasty bigot may be your life style, but being a middle class retired teacher is closer to what mine is. My orientation, however, is homosexual. It is as valid as having a heterosexual orientation.
5. It Turns a Moral Wrong into a Civil Right
There is no value judgement on orientation. It is an inborn trait like blue eyes. There is however a value judgement on people who hate, such as yourself, and it's not good.
As to civil rights, as American citizens, we have as much right to marry as you have. Half-baked hatred is no excuse to withhold rights.

“Love thy neighbor!”

Westland , MI

#139571 May 3, 2012
Cool Hand Luke wrote:
6. It Does Not Create a Family but a Naturally Sterile Union
Two people in love and married are a family. Some add children to the family by medical means or adoption, just like heterosexuals do. Not every family wants children, but for those who do, there is always a way.
7. It Defeats the State’s Purpose of Benefiting Marriage
What purpose is that? To create a prosperous and stable population?? Our families help very well on this front.
8. It Imposes Its Acceptance on All Society
Not at all. You can NOT accept us all you want. We don't really care. There are lots of people who still don't accept interracial couples. Does it stop them??
You see, there is no logical, rational, or legal reason to deny us equal rights. There is a lot of extreme emotion in the form of hate, but that is not a reason for withholding rights. The Ninth District Court In CA pointed that out.
Bill Of Rights

Livermore, CA

#139572 May 3, 2012
Lilith_SatansWhore wrote:
<quoted text>And everyone knows there is no jesASS... its just a fairytale
And even if it was true and he did exist(LOLOLOL) it still would have no relevance or baring on the topic of this thread! One more time,we are not a theocracy and we have a secular government with separation of church and state! There is a reason why religion is NOT allowed to be taught in the public schools! And a damn good reason! Who wants these nut jobs dictating to us how we are to live our lives!

Since: Apr 12

Location hidden

#139573 May 3, 2012
The Great Sly_Clyde wrote:
<quoted text>LOL you are the one asking if a person was touched inappropriately, fantasize much.
blah blah blah??????
im sorry i don't speak gibberish
like you do.

“KiMare'a the Monster Mutation”

Since: Nov 10

Location hidden

#139574 May 3, 2012
Bill Of Rights wrote:
<quoted text>
And everyone knows that it is now illegal to teach Christianity in the public schools! And you are just pretending to be a human being with a soul! Your opinions are just that,opinions and nothing more! Marriage equality is now a fact of life and after DOMA is overturned marriage equality will become the law of the land! I take great pleasure in knowing that you are powerless to stop the march of fairness and equality! LOL
You lose the history lesson on both counts;

1. The Bible was the text book for scores of early American school history.

2. Gay 'marriages' have never ever survived for any length of time in history.

Simply facts. You'll live to see it (smile).

Location hidden

#139575 May 3, 2012
Lilith_SatansWhore wrote:
<quoted text>And everyone knows there is no jesASS... its just a fairytale
Your talking point doesn't fit my facts. Don't know how to argue if it's not about God, do you?

Location hidden

#139576 May 3, 2012
Gay Mom wrote:
<quoted text>
The same marriage license is issued for all married couples in each state that has equal marriage rights. In the eyes of the government, they are equal and real.
Your opinion means Squat.
You trumpet very limited, manipulated law.

I simply state reality.

You lose.

“IT'S TIME TO ELIMINATE”

Since: Mar 11

PROP 8 AND DOMA!!!

#139577 May 3, 2012
The Great Sly_Clyde wrote:
<quoted text>OH my I have got to come a visit you. Errrrr ummm I am not sure why he goes to a beach where that happens let alone take his kids along.
My thoughts exactly........just ridiculous if ya ask me and where I live......the folks who typically get to expressing themselves are young heterosexual teenagers who can't control themselves AND even they aren't jacking off in front of other people's kids!!!
Bill Of Rights

Livermore, CA

#139578 May 3, 2012
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
You trumpet very limited, manipulated law.
I simply state reality.
You lose.
Opinion,and not a very good one at that! The reality is 6 states and D.C. with Washington and Maryland joining the ranks this year! There's your reality bigot boy! Suck on it! How long have you lived on fantasy island? And have you met Mr. Roarke or Tattoo yet? Your fantasy will start shortly! LOLOLOL

“IT'S TIME TO ELIMINATE”

PROP 8 AND DOMA!!!

#139579 May 3, 2012
Bill Of Rights wrote:
<quoted text>
Not to mention that he takes the actions of a very few and stereotypes it into the whole gay population! And yet he also never mentions the actions of straights doing the very same things! Anyone having sex on the beach in public should be arrested and prosecuted but again it just isn't gays! That boy looks through rose colored glasses,and isn't he great at the stereotyping!
I totally agree with ya:-)

Since: Jul 11

Location hidden

#139580 May 3, 2012
Bill Of Rights wrote:
<quoted text>
And even if it was true and he did exist(LOLOLOL) it still would have no relevance or baring on the topic of this thread! One more time,we are not a theocracy and we have a secular government with separation of church and state! There is a reason why religion is NOT allowed to be taught in the public schools! And a damn good reason! Who wants these nut jobs dictating to us how we are to live our lives!
no kidding sweetie... love ya
Winston Smith

Ephrata, PA

#139581 May 3, 2012
Here Is One wrote:
<quoted text>
Sure you do.........ROTFLMAO
Go back and look at the post you made that started this little dialogue. You spelled rogue incorrectly. You transposed the G and the U and came up with rouge. You sure are a humorless nipple head.
Winston Smith

Ephrata, PA

#139582 May 3, 2012
Here Is One wrote:
<quoted text>
I am a opposite sex couple and I would be more than happy to give you equal rights under a civil union by any other name than marriage and most other straight couples feel the same....
Go find your own name for your abnormal union.....
So what you're saying is you're a hermaphrodite married to yourself. Why deny that joys of marriage to same sex couples? Selfish bastard.

“Pay the toll”

Since: Jan 10

or meet the troll

#139583 May 3, 2012
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
You lose the history lesson on both counts;
1. The Bible was the text book for scores of early American school history.
2. Gay 'marriages' have never ever survived for any length of time in history.
Simply facts. You'll live to see it (smile).
Well in a way you are correct, in a way you are not. Rural schools in early America often used the bible. Mostly because that was the only book to be had, period. It was never endorsed by the US government, or any part of it thereof, as an official textbook.
Winston Smith

Ephrata, PA

#139584 May 3, 2012
Here Is One wrote:
<quoted text>
Bottom line is that marriage was always between a man and a woman until the abnormals tried to change it.....
The word means a civil union between straight different sex couples.....
So allowing the gays to use the word is calling them straight.....ROTFLMAO
1. Not all marriages have been recorded from the time of the first one.
2. Some same sex marriages have occured in history.
3. WTF are you trying to say with "civil union between straight different sex couples?"
4. Nope, allowing gays to marry isn't calling them straight - more proof you're quite the eejit.

“IT'S TIME TO ELIMINATE”

PROP 8 AND DOMA!!!

#139585 May 3, 2012
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
We AREN'T pretending to be anything but WHO we are......being married to my wife HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH TRYING TO BE STRAIGHT.....but it does have to do with love, respect, companionship and being responsible for someone I care for!!!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Covina Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
UCLA FOOTBALL NOTEBOOK: Neuheisel says Prince w... (Sep '10) 39 min Chosen Traveler 28,361
Attention Non Profit Companies Want Free City S... 51 min Oops 4
Monte bello Housing wants to bring in more low ... (Jun '14) 58 min Pay Me Loses 9
Who's supporting Erica Landmann-Johnsey’s Glend... (Feb '11) 2 hr FYI 12
Jason Naggy female abuser 2 hr FYI 10
Who is the Who-Arr who posts with no city conne... 2 hr FYI 3
We have had enough of Tessitor and Clifford 4 hr FYI 1

Covina News Video

Covina Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

Covina People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Covina News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Covina