Tommy Harmon!

Posted in the Cottongim Forum

Comments (Page 2)

Showing posts 21 - 33 of33
|
next page >
Go to last page| Jump to page:
the one

London, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#21
May 28, 2012
 

Judged:

1

Piece of my mind wrote:
Why is that clay co high student have to buy a parking permit just to drive to school....thats a bunch of crap i pay enough of school taxes and plus pay for a locker fee...wonder if the school can think of any other ways to ROB the students & parents....I just dont think thats right...I pay school taxes on my electric bill & phone every month u know that shit adds up in a years time...thank you have a nice day
Paying for student parking permits are pretty much standard at high schools all across the country, and it's the same at almost all colleges and universities too. Even some cities do that too, especially if it's a town that has some major parking problems. Too bad you don't hardly ever see parking meters anymore.
the one

London, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#22
May 28, 2012
 
Mind wrote:
<quoted text>How has being wet help the city???
I'm not really sure what the Wet vote had to do with the comment you replied to, but okay, whatever cocks your pistol.

One thing that certainly didn't materialize was the drunks that were promised to be laying all over the streets once beer sales took effect. In fact, Manchester's DUI rate hasn't been any worse than normal, and to be certain there will always be some jackass out there that will drink and drive, regardless of the Wet/Dry status of a location. In just the first month of legal sales, Manchester got over $10,000 in tax revenue, and that was with just a couple of small stores selling beer only, and that figure has probably went up since then. What the city does with that money afterwards, well, that's why you need to see what they are using the tax revenue for, and to make certain it's being used in an honest fashion.
Talk about regret

Crab Orchard, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#23
May 28, 2012
 

Judged:

2

2

1

Lets try to keep the Harmons harmless while we have a chance to do so. Mr. Harmon had this position long enough and if he didnt get his cup full then well that is his problem. No one owes the Harmons anything and I really hope Harrison gets the position.
Roger

London, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#24
May 28, 2012
 

Judged:

2

Yes, you are correct, the new alcohol sales ordinance has generated many thousands that can be utilized to support renovations to the community pool, parks & recreations, downtown beautification, and other essential services.
the one wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm not really sure what the Wet vote had to do with the comment you replied to, but okay, whatever cocks your pistol.
One thing that certainly didn't materialize was the drunks that were promised to be laying all over the streets once beer sales took effect. In fact, Manchester's DUI rate hasn't been any worse than normal, and to be certain there will always be some jackass out there that will drink and drive, regardless of the Wet/Dry status of a location. In just the first month of legal sales, Manchester got over $10,000 in tax revenue, and that was with just a couple of small stores selling beer only, and that figure has probably went up since then. What the city does with that money afterwards, well, that's why you need to see what they are using the tax revenue for, and to make certain it's being used in an honest fashion.
uncommited

London, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#25
May 28, 2012
 
i think u all are subject's of the lower classes!
You suck

London, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#26
May 28, 2012
 

Judged:

1

1

Harrison is a joke and dont know anthing all he ha done his whole life is been a leach off of the city and doug whites ass.
nobody

Chicago, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#27
May 28, 2012
 

Judged:

1

1

1

Dont matter who gets elected for what there is always gonna be somebody b-tchin and complaining about summin so peace out y'all :-)
me-me

London, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#28
May 28, 2012
 
wow wrote:
<quoted text>the county did not go wet, only the city of Manchester. Harrison Pennington would be a great magistrate, could not do any worse than a Harmon.
It sure did affect the county.
My oh my

London, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#29
May 28, 2012
 
the one wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm not really sure what the Wet vote had to do with the comment you replied to, but okay, whatever cocks your pistol.
One thing that certainly didn't materialize was the drunks that were promised to be laying all over the streets once beer sales took effect. In fact, Manchester's DUI rate hasn't been any worse than normal, and to be certain there will always be some jackass out there that will drink and drive, regardless of the Wet/Dry status of a location. In just the first month of legal sales, Manchester got over $10,000 in tax revenue, and that was with just a couple of small stores selling beer only, and that figure has probably went up since then. What the city does with that money afterwards, well, that's why you need to see what they are using the tax revenue for, and to make certain it's being used in an honest fashion.
i agree
yep

London, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#30
May 28, 2012
 

Judged:

1

Change wrote:
Tommy Harmon will be your next county judge as will Stivers be your same state senater,
Stivers will make sure Tommy is elected back in. Stivers is pulling his weight in Frankfort as we speak. You scratch mine and I'll scratch yours. Stivers the pos will need every vote he can mustard up to beat Hoskins!
the one

Madisonville, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#31
May 28, 2012
 

Judged:

1

1

1

yep wrote:
<quoted text>Stivers will make sure Tommy is elected back in. Stivers is pulling his weight in Frankfort as we speak. You scratch mine and I'll scratch yours. Stivers the pos will need every vote he can mustard up to beat Hoskins!
The only actual friend Robert Stivers has in Frankfort is David Williams himself, and they're both rather pompous asses, pardon the French. They're both very important people only in their own minds. I'm a Republican, but as you can tell, I'm not very impressed with either of them. I'm not really sure how effective Ralph Hoskins would really be as a senator, but one would have to at least hope that he would be an improvement over either of the above mentioned senators.
Roger

London, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#32
May 29, 2012
 
Agree, it has impacted the entire community with several more jobs, several new business ventures, and many thousands of new visitors that are spending money that would never have been spent here prior to the ordinance.

It has dramatically reduced bootleggers and may have also reduced and or illeminated some corrupt practices.

Actually, the county does receive some tax revenues from those new workers and the payroll tax they have continuously subjected the workers to for many years now.
me-me wrote:
<quoted text>It sure did affect the county.
Roger

London, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#33
May 29, 2012
 
I would suggest that Ralph could be very effective. He has a long standing professional network of eduation and political collaborations that can help him serve the distrit well.

For example, Ralph secured the funds for a much needed ATC in Jackson County to help local youth learn skills that can enable them to be more employable and competitive in the workforce.

Ralph would have an open opporunity to communicate with the Governor who still has significant time in office and that opportunity could be utilized to support important economic development efforts within the district.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 21 - 33 of33
|
next page >
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Cottongim Discussions

Search the Cottongim Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
2 hunters shot in clay county 3 min Imagine 115
Bible study rules for public schools proposed (Feb '10) 7 min Mike Duquette 122,934
KY Hundreds of birds die in western Ky. (Jan '11) 13 min imposter 81,226
KY 'Fox News Sunday' to Host Kentucky Senate Debate (Oct '10) 51 min S C A 138,822
any who wants to give away a cat or dog for free (Jan '12) 1 hr vanessa culver 41
Women only: Do you masterbate? (Feb '11) 3 hr bluerocks3974 108
colsons BP (Jul '13) 3 hr I Saw 10
•••
•••
•••
•••

Cottongim Jobs

•••
•••
•••

Cottongim People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]
•••