19-year-old man stabbed to death near Orange Grove

Aug 16, 2010 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: Corpus Christi Caller

Jim Wells Sheriff Office officials said they were called to a convenience store outside town about 3 a.m. Sunday where a friend had driven Jose Martinez, 19, who had been stabbed multiple times in the chest.

Comments

Showing posts 1 - 20 of96
< prev page
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
AshleyS

Corpus Christi, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#1
Aug 16, 2010
 
RIP Jose, you will be missed by everyone.
amanda

Houston, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#2
Aug 16, 2010
 
what did he look like? did he have alot of family? and why did this happen?
Lyndie

Saint Paul, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#3
Aug 16, 2010
 
Love you Jose! You were a great person n father.. you will be missed..
WANNABE

Mcallen, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#4
Aug 16, 2010
 
DID HE PLAY FOOTBALL FOR OG. WAS HE A RUNNING BACK.TRYING TO REMEMBER HIM WHEN HE WAS IN POP WARNER.
old friend

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#5
Aug 17, 2010
 
We will miss you Jose. You where a good kid. I remember first meeting you years ago when you where just a young boy . You grew into a fine young man that I had on occasion passing thru to shoot the breeze with. You will be missed. Sorry for the families loss. I will pray for your family.
jar jar jar

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#6
Aug 17, 2010
 

Judged:

3

1

1

If he was so great, why did he get stabbed?
Akp

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#7
Aug 17, 2010
 
Jar jar jar,
Who are you to always be talking so much about other people? He was a great person. Did you ever come to think maybe he was in the wrong place at the wrong time? with the way your mouth is always running I'm sure you'd get stabbed in an instant if you weren't too scared to say who you are. You need to leave people alone especially in a situation like this. Have some respect for the kid and his family.

RIP jose
My condolences to his family and friends. My prayers are with you.
old friend

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#8
Aug 17, 2010
 
jar jar jar wrote:
If he was so great, why did he get stabbed?
read the article fool.. he wasnt doing anything wrong.. he was a good kid.. leave it alone...
jar jar jar

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#9
Aug 17, 2010
 

Judged:

2

1

1

Akp wrote:
Jar jar jar,
Who are you to always be talking so much about other people? He was a great person. Did you ever come to think maybe he was in the wrong place at the wrong time? with the way your mouth is always running I'm sure you'd get stabbed in an instant if you weren't too scared to say who you are. You need to leave people alone especially in a situation like this. Have some respect for the kid and his family.
RIP jose
My condolences to his family and friends. My prayers are with you.
Playing devil's advocate. After all, I know just how "law abiding" everyone down there is. Always turning a blind eye to the criminal elements that surround you.

I will say this, being surrounded by millions of people and with car jacking, stabbing and murders happening every single night where I live, I will never get stabbed or shot at because I know better than to hang out where violence is likely to occur. Oh yeah, it also helps that I hang out with business professionals, not thugs or wannabe gangsters.

I am not saying he was a bad guy. I understand that bad things happen to good people but think about WHY he got stabbed so that if you really are a concerned friend, maybe you will take it to heart and not be in "the wrong place" like he was. RIP young man...
amanda

Houston, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#10
Aug 17, 2010
 
:((( awww. i read it. this is soo sad. no family deserves to go through this pain. i always fear these moments. i hope the family dont try to stab the murderer. its a hard thing not to do in a situation like this but they have to think about their family. ones already gone. dont be number 2.
Selie

Mount Morris, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#11
Aug 17, 2010
 
I didnt know him personly but I heared alot of good things about him R.I.P jose martinez . I will keep your family in my prayers
jar sucks

Corpus Christi, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#12
Aug 17, 2010
 
jar jar jar wrote:
<quoted text>
Playing devil's advocate. After all, I know just how "law abiding" everyone down there is. Always turning a blind eye to the criminal elements that surround you.
I will say this, being surrounded by millions of people and with car jacking, stabbing and murders happening every single night where I live, I will never get stabbed or shot at because I know better than to hang out where violence is likely to occur. Oh yeah, it also helps that I hang out with business professionals, not thugs or wannabe gangsters.
I am not saying he was a bad guy. I understand that bad things happen to good people but think about WHY he got stabbed so that if you really are a concerned friend, maybe you will take it to heart and not be in "the wrong place" like he was. RIP young man...
honey the reason u will never get stabbed is bcuz ur on topix 24/7 u talk about everyone yet u r on every single forum
ejscousin

Fort Worth, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#13
Aug 17, 2010
 

Judged:

2

my cousin is a victim as well jus because he stabbed somebody makes him a bad person. i know my cousin isnt a bad person at all. he hasnt been in any trouble he attends school like any other great student played football,basketball for his school. has scholarship for his sports to go to college.my payers goes out to both families.
JUSTICE

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#15
Aug 18, 2010
 
ejscousin wrote:
my cousin is a victim as well jus because he stabbed somebody makes him a bad person. i know my cousin isnt a bad person at all. he hasnt been in any trouble he attends school like any other great student played football,basketball for his school. has scholarship for his sports to go to college.my payers goes out to both families.
I HOPE HE FRIES!!!! No kinda of punishment it to good for your cousin...
mom

Alice, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#16
Aug 18, 2010
 

Judged:

1

Another young life ended in such a violent way due to alcohol and/or drugs. And before anyone jumps down my throat what else were these kids doing out at a "gathering" at 3am? I can bet my life they were not having cake & punch, especially in OG. I know, because I am from there & was part of that party scene. I wonder if parents would set a better example all over the world maybe things like this wouldn't be such a frequent occurance. None if the kids mentioned in the story are even of legal drinking age, someone needs to go after the person who bought & supplied these kids with alcohol. Everyone in OG needs a little Jesus in them, that place is like the pits of hell. I hope the family of this young man will eventually find peace in this tragedy and begin to heal.
mom

Alice, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#17
Aug 18, 2010
 
And in no way am i suggesting this young man deserved to die the way he did. I am just saying parents need to lead by example and raise their children in a ways other than the party lifestyle
urcuzsux

Alice, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#18
Aug 18, 2010
 

Judged:

1

ejscousin wrote:
my cousin is a victim as well jus because he stabbed somebody makes him a bad person. i know my cousin isnt a bad person at all. he hasnt been in any trouble he attends school like any other great student played football,basketball for his school. has scholarship for his sports to go to college.my payers goes out to both families.
ummmmm stabbing someone does make him a bad person! why would he go to a party with a hunting knife? and he was lookin for a fight with someone else so apparently took the knife to cut them up! so no he is not a victim, he went to the party with the intention of killing someone, only that person lucked out bc jose was there to stop it. now jose's family and friends are mourning the loss of an awesome kid.
mom

Alice, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#19
Aug 18, 2010
 

Judged:

1

1

ejscousin wrote:
my cousin is a victim as well jus because he stabbed somebody makes him a bad person. i know my cousin isnt a bad person at all. he hasnt been in any trouble he attends school like any other great student played football,basketball for his school. has scholarship for his sports to go to college.my payers goes out to both families.
your cousin is not a victim, he lost his right to be called a victim the moment he took matters into is own hands and took another life. he is the agressor! whatever happened to fighting fair and using your fists?
WANNABE

Mcallen, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#20
Aug 18, 2010
 

Judged:

1

I AGREE IF THAT KID WENT TO A PARTY WITH A HUNTING KNIFE THEN HE HAD ALREADY PLANNED TO CONFRONT SOMEBODY AND WAS EXPECTING A CONFRONTATION. THAT SOUNDS LIKE PREMEDITATED MURDER AND THAT IS PUNISHABLE WITH A DEATH SENTENCE. NO EXCUSES FROM ANYONE WILL BRING THAT KID BACK SO WHATEVER HE GETS HE DESERVES IT. REMEMBER PEOPLE IT WAS A HUNTING KNIFE NOT A LITTLE POCKET KNIFE. SO WHAT THE KID WAS OUT AT THAT TIME IN THE MORNING, I GUESS 99% OF U HAVN'T BEEN OUT AT THAT TIME HUH. IT IS POSSIBLE TO BE OUT AND JUST HANGING OUT WITH FRIENDS WHILE OTHERS ARE THE ONES LOOKING FOR TROUBLE. DONT GIVE ME THIS OH IF U R OUT THAT LATE U R LOOKING FOR TROUBLE CAUSE TROUBLE CAN FIND U IN THE MORNING AFTERNOON AND NIGHTIME. I CAN ONLY HOPE THAT THE FAMILY GETS SOME JUSTICE AND THEY PUT THAT KID AWAY FOR LIFE OR DEATH ROW.
WISH U THE BEST IN UR TIME OF GRIEF AND KEEP THE FAMILY TOGETHER CAUSE ONLY YOUR FAMILY CAN HELP U GET THROUGH THESE TIMES.
WANNABE

Mcallen, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#21
Aug 18, 2010
 
DOES ANYONE KNOW THIS GUY EMILIO PERALES. WHAT KIND OF PERSON WAS HE AND WHERE HE WENT TO SCHOOL. IS HE A THUG OR A LITTLE GANGSTER?

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 1 - 20 of96
< prev page
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

13 Users are viewing the Corpus Christi Forum right now

Search the Corpus Christi Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Plastic surgeon 46 min girly girl 7
Where are the known hangouts for gay men to get... (Jun '11) 52 min True 58
valerie marie 1 hr where r u 4
Results 1 hr Curious 1
Ezpawn girls 1 hr koozie 61
Who do you support for State Board of Education... (Oct '10) 2 hr Hey 460
TX Longtime GOP Texas Gov. Perry wins another term (Nov '10) 9 hr Hey 20,378
•••
•••
•••
•••

Corpus Christi Jobs

•••
•••
•••

Corpus Christi People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]
•••