Teen Killed On Way To School

Full story: WREG 61
Two Houston High School students were involved in a deadly traffic crash while on their way to school this morning. Full Story
First Prev
of 4
Next Last
RONKIMLAW

Byhalia, MS

#1 Dec 14, 2009
Our prayers go out to all involved. Our son went by the accident scene just 5 minutes before it occurred on his way to CBHS.
Momof3

United States

#2 Dec 14, 2009
My thoughts and prayers are with the families.How tragic here at the holidays.
parents

Carthage, MS

#3 Dec 14, 2009
We have two teenage boys and we always warn them of the danger of automobiles. We have to keep reminding our youth, because teens always assume they know much more than they really know. Our prayers are with you and all families, friends and loved ones around the globe. Prayer is needed!!!!
Darrion Tunstall

Memphis, TN

#4 Dec 14, 2009
we are deeply sadden about this terrible accident. Our thoughts and Prays goes out to all of the families. And to all the students of Houston High School, Keep your heads high, and the almighty God will help you all get through this time of sadness.To Principal and Staff, I know that you all as a grogp, will also help them through this. MAY GOD BLESS EVERYONE.
In LOVING Memory of...Shantwan Jackson. I am a 2008 graudate of houston high school. DARRION TUNSTALL & FAMILY
Taylor Towwnsed

Cordova, TN

#5 Dec 14, 2009
two of my best friends have been killed in car accidents. my best friend Meagan Elise Ray was killed in one in Clanton Alabama. and my other best friend Robyn Oates was killed in a car accident this summer a mile and a half away from where this one happened. my preys are with that family. its not easy going threw it.and I pray for peace for the family. because of what happen to Meagan and Robyn I am more careful about how I drive and where I drive. this is just horrible and brings back horrible memories. god is with there family's.
Darrion Tunstall

Memphis, TN

#6 Dec 14, 2009
Taylor Towwnsed wrote:
two of my best friends have been killed in car accidents. my best friend Meagan Elise Ray was killed in one in Clanton Alabama. and my other best friend Robyn Oates was killed in a car accident this summer a mile and a half away from where this one happened. my preys are with that family. its not easy going threw it.and I pray for peace for the family. because of what happen to Meagan and Robyn I am more careful about how I drive and where I drive. this is just horrible and brings back horrible memories. god is with there family's.
YES! Taylor, this is very sad news.I don't know all of these families. But my heart is acking. but one thing i no for sure. GOD will take care of them. he don't put no more on you than you can bear.( LETS KEEP OUR HEADS-UP.
madpat

Memphis, TN

#7 Dec 14, 2009
so sad
Hypntick

United States

#8 Dec 14, 2009
Shame the kid in the Camaro didn't think before driving like a moron.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
realist

Collierville, TN

#9 Dec 14, 2009
Hypntick wrote:
too late now....
SKP9009

Memphis, TN

#10 Dec 14, 2009
Hypntick wrote:
I don't think criticism is what his family needs right now. He made a mistake that any of us could have made. His mistake just so happened to cost him his life. Instead of being rude you should be praying for his family and the other boy that was in the car with him! As well as the woman who hit them. This is a horrible situation for everyone involved!

Both families will be in my prayers!
Carly

Collierville, TN

#11 Dec 14, 2009
I go to houston high school and i would say the announcement made my mrs justus and our band director mr smith was sad. Tyler saved our band and helped us practice after school and filled holes for us. He is a great kid. Tyler and family...i dont care what these people are saying about the crash but our band loves you and we hope you feel better and join us on our spring trip this year. To Shantwan's friends, team, and family...i dont even know him but i feel bad for your family.
Lynne

United States

#12 Dec 14, 2009
Instead of allowing our children to receive driver’s licenses at sixteen, maybe the age should be increased to eighteen.

Those two additional years may seem like an eternity to an anxious teenager awaiting their license, but the additional two years would give them the added practice they need to improve their skills on the road.

All parents know that teenagers think they know everything, including thinking they are invincible.
We’re losing way too many of our youth in car accidents due to inexperience on the road.

My thoughts and prayers are with the families involved.
Carly

Collierville, TN

#13 Dec 14, 2009
i completely agree with this
SKP9009 wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't think criticism is what his family needs right now. He made a mistake that any of us could have made. His mistake just so happened to cost him his life. Instead of being rude you should be praying for his family and the other boy that was in the car with him! As well as the woman who hit them. This is a horrible situation for everyone involved!
Both families will be in my prayers!
DianeR

Memphis, TN

#14 Dec 14, 2009
Hypntick wrote:
I can not believe how rude and you could be. The area that this child lost control of the car is a horrible place and wrecks happen in that area all of the time. Maybe the "city" should do something to make those particular roads safer. I had a wreck in the very area and GOD willing I walked away but neither myself or the other driver were "driving like a moron"....the roads were slick and dangerous. My heart goes out to all of the families.
Carly

Collierville, TN

#15 Dec 14, 2009
true true true...about the license thing...but you have to consider those August birthdays too. If they raised the license age to 18 then some people would be starting his/her first year of college driving by themselves for the first time. I mean i may be just an "anxious teenager awaiting my license"...but really im not..if i was then i wouldve had it by now. im pushing 17 and i still dont have my permit. but seriously...think about the kids who go to college and turn 18 in august or september for some people..i dont think anyone would want their mommys or daddys dropping them off and picking them up from college...but as i said, i completely agree with your view, im just looking at it from a different side
Lynne wrote:
Instead of allowing our children to receive driver’s licenses at sixteen, maybe the age should be increased to eighteen.
Those two additional years may seem like an eternity to an anxious teenager awaiting their license, but the additional two years would give them the added practice they need to improve their skills on the road.
All parents know that teenagers think they know everything, including thinking they are invincible.
We’re losing way too many of our youth in car accidents due to inexperience on the road.
My thoughts and prayers are with the families involved.
thinkbeforeUspea k

Memphis, TN

#16 Dec 14, 2009
Hypntick wrote:
He just lost a friend. He has to live with the rest of his life. You could be a little more compassionate!! Both of them have families and the healing HAS to start now.
brandy

West Memphis, AR

#17 Dec 14, 2009
this is so sad , im praying for the families of all three people involved .And just thank GOD it wasn't worse !
Leah Thomas

Cordova, TN

#18 Dec 14, 2009
Shantwan Jackson was in my 5th period class, how upseting it is to see that when i went to class today he was not there!! my thoughts go out to Shantwan's family and also Tyler's!!!! YOU WILL BE MISSED BY HOUSTON HIGH!!!!!! WE LOVE YOU!!
sad

Olive Branch, MS

#19 Dec 14, 2009
Hypntick wrote:
How cruel when one family is already suffering such great lost and the other is unsure of what to expect.And how do you know he was drivng like a moron,were you there.Sometimes we need to think before we speak.This could have been your love one.
THE ESTER FAMILY CORDOVA

Germantown, TN

#20 Dec 14, 2009
HOW DARE YOU MAKE A COMMENT LIKE THAT MY GOD.THEY ARE ONLY KIDS ANY ONE CAN MAKE A MISTAKE FOR THE PERSON THAT WROTE THE NEG COMMENT IF THERE IS ANY ONE OUT THERE WITHOUT mistakes IN your life LET THEM CAST THE FIRST STONE MY HEART GOES OUT TO BOTH FAMILIES I KNOW BOTH OF THE YOUNG MEN I FEEL YOUR PAIN MY SON IS BEST FRIENDS WITH SHANTWAN AND TYLER I KNOW IT IS HARD BUT GOD CAN AND HE WILL TAKE CARE OF YOU. YOU ALL WILL BE IN OUR PRAYERS ALWAYS FAMILY,FRIENDS.AND HOUSTON HIGH STUDENT LOOK TO THE HILLS WHICH COMETH YOU HELP

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 4
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Cordova Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Murder back in the 70s (Jul '07) 13 hr Jackrabbit 196
Are there any safe places for tourists in Memphis? (Jul '09) 18 hr PistolPackinPimpP... 48
Friend 23 hr Tina 1
The 25 Most Dangerous Cities in the U.S. Are Mo... (Nov '10) Wed Jim Jones 19,549
Anyone know the Memphis chat line number? (Mar '07) Tue Sweepyface 133
Problem Solvers: SUV Paint Job Not 'Built Ford ... (Oct '10) Dec 16 Cindy smith 34
Im looking to buy a set of factory 2014 Dodge C... Dec 16 Mr good at it 3
Cordova Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

Cordova People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Cordova News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Cordova

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]

NFL Latest News

Updated 4:25 pm PST

NBC Sports 4:25PM
Will St. Louis' defense shut down Eli Manning?
Bleacher Report 4:54 PM
Previewing Giants vs. Rams
NBC Sports 6:14 PM
Titans take 7-0 lead over Jaguars - NBC Sports
NBC Sports 6:24 PM
Punts aplenty, Titans-Jaguars is coal in fans' stockings
Bleacher Report 6:47 PM
Shonn Greene, Bishop Sankey, Leon Washington's Post-Week 16 Fantasy Reaction