First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Taxpayer

Somerset, KY

#1 Jan 28, 2010
Legislation being drawn up to change the law which will allow Corbin to annex into Laurel county. Thank goodness we (the business owners) will finally have some police protection and lower insurance rates in north Corbin...

I sure hope this passes the house...
Reporter

Brownsville, TN

#2 Jan 28, 2010
Sorry but it will never pass. Where did you see this, on a website?
Taxpayer 2

Kennett, MO

#3 Jan 28, 2010
That is great news but like reporter already said it is a long shot. The amount of taxes generated by exit 29 is substantial, the amount collected by hotels, restaurants and gas stations would probably give any other exit in Laurel or Whitley a run for their money. Therefore like i said it would be most desirable as I feel it would help the exit develop further without Laurel county directing any new business to London instead. But a very long shot. We shall see.
ferget it

Winchester, KY

#4 Jan 28, 2010
london cty and laurel co politics will never let go the chokehold on so laurel lol
I know

AOL

#5 Jan 28, 2010
We at exit 29 do not need the city of Corbin in our business. I have no problem with Laurel County.
lawyer

Middlesboro, KY

#6 Jan 28, 2010
they can't annex inthree counties only 2
Uh No

Winchester, KY

#7 Jan 28, 2010
To the original poser, I think you are wrong about that. Where do you get your info?
the head honchos

Gray, KY

#8 Jan 29, 2010
they'd stiffle the business out at the 29 just like exit 25. Every good business would move out. Kinda like Dairy Queen moving out of city to Wal-Mart.
I know

AOL

#9 Jan 29, 2010
the head honchos wrote:
they'd stiffle the business out at the 29 just like exit 25. Every good business would move out. Kinda like Dairy Queen moving out of city to Wal-Mart.
Perfectly stated. I could not agree more.
The Insider

Inez, KY

#10 Jan 29, 2010
the head honchos wrote:
I guess that is why exit 25 is getting new restaurants and the Arena. If you ever drive thru there it is always busy.

Oh, and by the way look for a Super Target and a large national seafood restaurant chain in the not so distant future. With those locating there, exit 29 will not be as important.
I know

AOL

#11 Jan 29, 2010
The Insider wrote:
<quoted text>
I guess that is why exit 25 is getting new restaurants and the Arena. If you ever drive thru there it is always busy.
Oh, and by the way look for a Super Target and a large national seafood restaurant chain in the not so distant future. With those locating there, exit 29 will not be as important.
Yeah, the Arena. I had forgotten about that money making giant on the hill.The only thing exit 25 has going for it is the movies.
Here we go

Inez, KY

#12 Jan 29, 2010
the head honchos wrote:
Huh, maybe Dairy Queen is just moving out of Knox County because of the Knox County school board's recent decisions. Boy, it didnt take long for Knox Co. to start loosing businesses. Thank Knox Co BOE.
Really

Winchester, KY

#13 Jan 29, 2010
Here we go wrote:
<quoted text>
Huh, maybe Dairy Queen is just moving out of Knox County because of the Knox County school board's recent decisions. Boy, it didnt take long for Knox Co. to start loosing businesses. Thank Knox Co BOE.
LOL...are you serious?
gus

Middlesboro, KY

#14 Jan 29, 2010
lawyer wrote:
they can't annex inthree counties only 2
they are whitley,they annexed part of knox,thats only one.where are you getting the third one,or the second one?
KnoxCorbinCityRe s

Brownsville, TN

#15 Feb 2, 2010
gus wrote:
<quoted text>they are whitley,they annexed part of knox,thats only one.where are you getting the third one,or the second one?
Part of the City of Corbin is located in Knox County not just annexed property from VanBeber Court to the hill just past the Nazarene Church is in Knox County, the majority is Whitley County. That is 2 counties and the state law says that no city can have any part of its city limits expanded into 3 counties.
sucks

Brownsville, TN

#16 Feb 2, 2010
I was born in the city limits of Corbin and raised on Stamper St. I later owned a house in Corbin city and hated it. I do respect where I came from but can't stand the principles that many of the main Corbinites stand for. I have lived just outside this "annexation" of Corbin for the last 17 yrs, and want not part of being annexed. If it happens, looks like time to move again.
lawyer

Middlesboro, KY

#17 Feb 2, 2010
gus wrote:
<quoted text>they are whitley,they annexed part of knox,thats only one.where are you getting the third one,or the second one?
your right so maybe they can i just knew you couldn't annex in three counties
Show

Mount Ida, AR

#18 Feb 2, 2010
KnoxCorbinCityRes wrote:
<quoted text>
Part of the City of Corbin is located in Knox County not just annexed property from VanBeber Court to the hill just past the Nazarene Church is in Knox County, the majority is Whitley County. That is 2 counties and the state law says that no city can have any part of its city limits expanded into 3 counties.
Show me the law on that!!!
KnoxCorbinCityRe s

Brownsville, TN

#19 Feb 2, 2010
Apparently, the history behind it started in 1974 when Whitley County State Representative Elmer Patrick introduced legislation into the General Assembly to annex the southern part of Laurel County. The reaction was an unprecedented organization of South Laurel voters and land owners with the help of Laurel County State Representative Albert Robinson and State Senator Gene Huff who lobbied other legislators to kill the legislation in the Kentucky General Assembly.
Whitley Co Citizen 01

Middlesboro, KY

#20 Feb 2, 2010
Here we go wrote:
<quoted text>
Dairy Queen was building over there long before the school boards decision. So don't blame the Knox BOE.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Corbin Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
KY What's mitch McConnell done for coal, when ther... 17 min DANGEROUS CURVE A... 5,309
KY 'Fox News Sunday' to Host Kentucky Senate Debate (Oct '10) 37 min Ari son of Anarchy 153,924
Daily Bible Verse 5 hr DjH 48
Bible study rules for public schools proposed (Feb '10) 5 hr phil Greer 131,065
House for sale 12 hr Wondering About 4
KY Paul vs Conway: The Nastiest Debate Of 2010 | T... (Oct '10) 15 hr BIG_STEVIE 16,169
KY Hundreds of birds die in western Ky. (Jan '11) 15 hr here 81,640
•••
•••
•••

Corbin Jobs

•••
•••
•••

Corbin People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••

Corbin News, Events & Info