Debbie Dyas -Hunsicker

Slatington, PA

#61 Jun 12, 2009
cookie wrote:
[Debbie Dyas-Hunsicker,
her name was Dorothy Altenbach and no she did not become a nun. She married Thomas Simmons who also was in the home.
Thanks Cookie. I often wondered about her.
Yvonne Bonaskiewich

Bethlehem, PA

#62 Jun 12, 2009
I saw in one of the notes about a Joan Miller. I went to allentown.Central Catholic year of 1960. i wonder if that was her? Does anyone remember what was the 2nd floor above the school. was that more boy dorm? also what music room?
Eugene F Skrovanek

Jersey City, NJ

#63 Jun 18, 2009
Yvonne Bonaskiewich wrote:
I saw in one of the notes about a Joan Miller. I went to allentown.Central Catholic year of 1960. i wonder if that was her? Does anyone remember what was the 2nd floor above the school. was that more boy dorm? also what music room?
2nd floor was the boys dormitory, don't know of any music room
Eugene F Skrovanek

Jersey City, NJ

#64 Jun 18, 2009
Last I heard Joand John Miller (twins) were living in Bethlehem......
Judy Bonaskiewich

Greensboro, NC

#65 Aug 3, 2009
All I remember is being taken out of 2nd grade and taken to the home.(1954?) I don't remember how long I was there. I remember being slapped, a hurricane, visitors sunday in the barn with candy, and a nice police officer (i still remember his face)bringing us treats.
Sharon Morton Pinto

Brooklyn, NY

#66 Aug 7, 2009
My family has been trying to locate the Zartlers for years. Joe and Frank lived with my grandmom and Frank was married to my moms cousin Pat. Do you know how we can get in touch with them. You can contact me at spinto@columbiasussex.com
Rosemarie Hockenberry wrote:
Does anyone know where I can find out any information about this home which was in Coopersburg. I was there from 1952 thru 1962. I was there with my 3 brothers. I would love to see if anyone has any pictures from that time frame. Please contact me at my email address which is SaxyPaLady53@zoominternet.net. Put in the subject line Sacred Heart Home. Please I amy really interested in finding some pictures from that time frame. Thanks,
Rosie Zartler Hockenberry

Butler, PA

#67 Aug 17, 2009
Debbie Dyas -Hunsicker wrote:
Anyone remember Dorothy Auckenbach?(sp). Did she ever become a nun?
I remember Dorothy. She went to high school with her. She went and started the training to became a nun but she dropped out. She got married and I don't remember the town she lives in. It is somewhere close to the area around Coopersburg or Quakertown I think or it was the last time I saw her.
Yvonne Bonaskiewich

Bethlehem, PA

#68 Aug 18, 2009
I think I remember her did they call her Dori. I can't remember to many names while I was at the home , Maybe because I was quiet at that time. I remember we had an Indian chief who came to entertain us. He asked me several times how old i was and I got a strange feeling about it.
Kurt Wich

Quakertown, PA

#69 Aug 20, 2009
Yvonne Bonaskiewich wrote:
I talked to my brother today and he said no one remembered us.We were only there the school year 1955 i was in 5th. grade and 1957 i was in 7th grade So from about the end of sept. to th middle of June. remember everyone had a number in the dorm mine was 63 and my sister judy was 82.i remember one girls name it was barbara wilgruber.and the only reason was she had a Eplictic siezer in chapel one morning 'and i asked one of the girls who she was.
If you were in 7th Grade in 1957, then surely you were in class with Mary Sullivan, Helen Flatley, and me. We were in 8th Grade, but since both grades were in one room we were all together with Sister Bonita.
J BONASKIEWICH ALNTOWN

United States

#70 Aug 20, 2009
I DON'T REMEMBER MUCH. HOW LONG WAS I THERE?
Rosie Zartler Hockenberry

Butler, PA

#71 Aug 20, 2009
Eugene F Skrovanek wrote:
<quoted text>
2nd floor was the boys dormitory, don't know of any music room
I thought that the music room was one of the rooms in the girls break room because one of the rooms had a piano in it.
Eugene F Skrovanek

Jersey City, NJ

#72 Aug 21, 2009
Anyone have any information on next proposed reunion?
Yvonne Bonaskiewich

Bethlehem, PA

#73 Aug 21, 2009
KURT, IWAS IN 5TH GRADE IN 1952 AND 7TH GRAND IN 54. T DO REMEMBER SISTER BONITA.AND WASN'T SHE THE MUSIC TEACHER? IT'S HARD TO BELEAVE I'M 68 AND THAT WAS SO LOMG AGO.BUT TO THIS DAY A CATHOLIC SCHOOL ARE FAR BETTER THAN OYHER SCHOOLS.
Ginnie Dyas Mertz

Telford, PA

#74 Aug 22, 2009
I was wondering how the reunion went? Where their many people that showed up? Did you take pictures? My sisters Barbara and Debbie and I were not able to come this year. Maybe next year.
Lyn Hertzog

Allentown, PA

#75 Dec 16, 2009
I and my sister Linda were at the home from about fall of '57 to the summer of '61, about 5 years. I remember some of the names posted here. I also took many a trip to the linen closet for knocking off the habits of many of the nuns, by accident of course ...... I just happened upon this site while searching for missing classmates of my Dieruff '67 class on the classreport.org site. Will check on pictures I may have. I'm at a526z@ptd.net
cookie

Allentown, PA

#76 Jan 3, 2010
Lyn Hertzog wrote:
I and my sister Linda were at the home from about fall of '57 to the summer of '61, about 5 years. I remember some of the names posted here. I also took many a trip to the linen closet for knocking off the habits of many of the nuns, by accident of course ...... I just happened upon this site while searching for missing classmates of my Dieruff '67 class on the classreport.org site. Will check on pictures I may have. I'm at a526z@ptd.net
Lyn, I remember you and your sister Linda. My name was Cookie Skrovanek,brothers, Gene,jerry,joe and bill.I work at Sacred heart hospital,also with Debbie Sikler who also was at coopersburg.Where does Linda live,still in the area?
Lyn Hertzog

Macungie, PA

#77 Jan 23, 2010
Hi Cookie,
I somewhat remember your name, Please contact me at a526z@ptd.net.

Lyn
cookie

Reading, PA

#78 Feb 20, 2010
Lyn,
I tried your email and it keeps coming back to me.Must be doing something wrong.
eileen slaughter

Allentown, PA

#79 Mar 13, 2010
i was there from 58-66. there was diane, emma, me, michael nancy, and tony. i hated that home and was devastated when my dad would come from phila every two weeks for visiting days. sister bonita, sister,petra,sixth grade, sister ernelda. i know that the home was clean but it was not a home. my family has never healed from the beatings. i would love to stay connected. thank you for this forum.

eileenslaughter@yahoo.com
EUGENE SKROVANEK

Jersey City, NJ

#80 Apr 8, 2010
Attempted to contact several people on here who listed their email address but it appears that no one's email is current or up to date....Anyone interested in discussing Coopersburg can reach me at Laikhe1@Yahoo.com Would love to hear from the old gang.........

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Coopersburg Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Casey's Bakery 12 hr kkringle 6
Bucks County News Feed (May '14) 14 hr You are an idiot 76
Elaine Powers Figure Salon... (Sep '12) Dec 25 Janeelanee 6
Staats - Chellew Debate Oct. 20, 7pm Qtown Mich... Dec 24 Question 101
Giant supermarket self checkout? (Jan '14) Dec 22 LGK 30
Downtown Dogs Dec 22 stardog1960 14
A Plus Family Dental (Jul '14) Dec 22 Stardog 1960 22

Coopersburg News Video

Coopersburg Dating
Find my Match