Comments
81 - 100 of 314 Comments Last updated Wednesday Jul 23
Concerned

Cookeville, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#83
May 17, 2012
 
I go to a bigger church in Livingston...we love our Pastor,,he has been at our church for years..that being said..our deacon board would have serious reservations about our pastor wanting to take a lengthy sabbatical..i dont even know what that word means..but i think it means paid time off...we are hardworking folks..i tithe every week..im giving it to the Lord..it supports our work..not to give our pastor play money..and i can say with total assurance..our pastor would not want to be away that long..hes always shown not by sermons but actions how he love us..we pay him a good salary and he works for it..3 sermons a week ..visitations ..boards church events deaths..we have over a 1000 members...so he has other pastors...helping and our deacons...im sorry..this church sounds like its experiencing growth pains..with a wayward pastor..bad bad combination
Big Bad Baptist

Cookeville, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#84
May 17, 2012
 
Ummm wrote:
<quoted text> Your a idiot! Yep,that pretty much explains it.
What loving christian from bobby davis church would call someone an idiot for expressing their view..it only makes a stronger argument against him
Ummm

Gaffney, SC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#85
May 17, 2012
 
Big Bad Baptist wrote:
<quoted text>What loving christian from bobby davis church would call someone an idiot for expressing their view..it only makes a stronger argument against him
Show me where in my post i said I went to church there or anywhere. Show me where i proclaimed to be a Christian. Jumping to conclusions are we? I simply just think you are a trouble making idiot with a jealousy problem. I randomly read threads, thats all, and i thought you sounded like a desperate idiot trying to stir up trouble.
Big Bad Baptist

Cookeville, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#86
May 17, 2012
 
Ummm wrote:
<quoted text>Show me where in my post i said I went to church there or anywhere. Show me where i proclaimed to be a Christian. Jumping to conclusions are we? I simply just think you are a trouble making idiot with a jealousy problem. I randomly read threads, thats all, and i thought you sounded like a desperate idiot trying to stir up trouble.
Why would you get offended if you werent sounds like u wont even claim the guy
Ummm

Gaffney, SC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#87
May 17, 2012
 

Judged:

1

1

Concerned wrote:
I go to a bigger church in Livingston...we love our Pastor,,he has been at our church for years..that being said..our deacon board would have serious reservations about our pastor wanting to take a lengthy sabbatical..i dont even know what that word means..but i think it means paid time off...we are hardworking folks..i tithe every week..im giving it to the Lord..it supports our work..not to give our pastor play money..and i can say with total assurance..our pastor would not want to be away that long..hes always shown not by sermons but actions how he love us..we pay him a good salary and he works for it..3 sermons a week ..visitations ..boards church events deaths..we have over a 1000 members...so he has other pastors...helping and our deacons...im sorry..this church sounds like its experiencing growth pains..with a wayward pastor..bad bad combination
"i dont even know what that word means".. First go use your dictionary and then come back and talk to us. LOL at you! Does your big church in Livingston teach you to get on public forums and ridicule people also. Go ask your decon board to vote on that one as well. You church goers might should actually start listening to the sermons on Sundays. Everyone is a mighty judge now a days. I think it will be funny when Bobby comes back new and refreshed and grows the church by another thousand and Mr Jealous above like has a stroke or something. LOL!!!
Ummm

Gaffney, SC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#88
May 17, 2012
 
Big Bad Baptist wrote:
<quoted text>Why would you get offended if you werent sounds like u wont even claim the guy
Wow go take your meds or something. Sounds like you love to make up things in your head. Lol! I do know Bobby but i don't go there. Now go take your schitsofrenic and jealousy pill. Seriously! LOL!
Big Bad Baptist

Cookeville, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#89
May 17, 2012
 
You know youre probably right..im expecting ol bobby davis to walk across center hill lake and part the caney fork river..and heal the multitudes....as soon as he rides in on his harley lol lol lol lol..thank the lord..hes gonna save us all
Big Bad Baptist

Cookeville, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#90
May 17, 2012
 
I dare you to go to your boss tomorrow and ask for a 2 month sabatical...let us all know how that works out for ya! 7 weeks off will refresh anyone. why is the great and powerful Bobby Davis allowed to act this way and it's okay? only pastor i know who can't handle his job. From what I understand he no longer preaches Wednesday nights, did it get to be too much for him? He's there to grow the church and lead folks to Christ but won't associate with them and is preaching less and less to them. All I know is be careful what you pray for...he prayed for church growth. Well he got it, now what?
interesting

Cookeville, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#91
May 17, 2012
 
Ummm wrote:
<quoted text>
"i dont even know what that word means".. First go use your dictionary and then come back and talk to us. LOL at you! Does your big church in Livingston teach you to get on public forums and ridicule people also. Go ask your decon board to vote on that one as well. You church goers might should actually start listening to the sermons on Sundays. Everyone is a mighty judge now a days. I think it will be funny when Bobby comes back new and refreshed and grows the church by another thousand and Mr Jealous above like has a stroke or something. LOL!!!
Is Mr Bobby gonna grow his church by another thousand all by himself? Alot of talk about churches, numbers, and wealth. Alot of backbiting, slander, not anything about Loving and caring for each other. Doesn't sound much like how church people should talk.(Just my opinion)
Say what

Cookeville, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#92
May 17, 2012
 
Big Bad Baptist wrote:
I dare you to go to your boss tomorrow and ask for a 2 month sabatical...let us all know how that works out for ya! 7 weeks off will refresh anyone. why is the great and powerful Bobby Davis allowed to act this way and it's okay? only pastor i know who can't handle his job. From what I understand he no longer preaches Wednesday nights, did it get to be too much for him? He's there to grow the church and lead folks to Christ but won't associate with them and is preaching less and less to them. All I know is be careful what you pray for...he prayed for church growth. Well he got it, now what?
Did Jimmy Arms not say he went through something similar? Or I guess he was just lying to try and make us feel bad for Pastor Davis?!

And I don't believe this was all Pastor Davis' idea. Greg said that they were planting the bug in his ear that he should take time off. So, apparently Pastor Davis didn't have the problem, the associate pastors did. But even if it was Bobby's idea, so what? This is common among ministers. They have a stressful job, and if you can't understand that, then I don't know what to do, except pray for you.
uhmmm

Cookeville, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#93
May 18, 2012
 
Wow what a moron you are. He does have a very stressful job... Fellow brothers and sisters be ringin him up all hours of the day or even walkin right to his doorstep bangin on his door for help or guidance at all times... It's like babysitting a bunch of grown adults that fail to take care of matters on their own. Not to mention the dozens of people that request his appearance at the hospital or even the funeral for their loved ones he is constantly hampered by them...I feel bad for him..Hope he has a good break!!!! He really needs it!!!. I watched him start off in a very very small church and a few months later its 1000000x bigger. He is the shiz...#1. Not a phony like hinn or joel...I love listening to his sermons!!!! Great food for the soul!!!!! Sounds like your a jealous prick after all he does have hawt wife and a Harley...Go Bobby Davis!!!!!!!! LOL Also the wealth comes from the people that attend there.... He didn't force them to pay up...They simply dropped it into the bucket cause it was the RIGHT THING TO DO...I'd drop all I could if I was a rich person...

Yeah yea flame away its not Christlike for me make this post towards a imbred moron but I don't care. No one is perfect we're all sinners but... I know for a fact he is a man of the shroud and you diss him you will pay for it come judgement day. Now go hide behind your big church in Livingston.../
Well

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#94
May 18, 2012
 

Judged:

1

1

If they had a simple, scripturally qualified Eldership to oversee/shepard the congregation then the focus wouldn't be on "pastor Bobby" or the "associate pastors" or "this board or that board". It would (might) be focused on serving (submitting to) and worshipping God. These Charismatic churches tend to focus on the "pastor" instead of the Lord and how the "show" entertains and inspires them, with a only a gratutious/superficial "fire and brimstone" touch to convey legitamacy.

Forgethe doctrine that is in error for a moment. Take a look at the misorganization, the "Church", The organization can easily be found in the Bible.

The "revival" does not with the new, it comes as the old. The only thing "new" we need is, our attitude of submitting to God, serving, in HIS word.
Big Bad Baptist

Cookeville, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#95
May 18, 2012
 

Judged:

1

Very well put...its not about what you feel its about doing Gods will..Bobby Davis is no different than any one else..the problem lies in the fact that people are drawn to him..alot are hurting and addicted and he is a very good speaker..but its not about him..a lot think he can do no wrong..and follow him..hes apparently got his own issues going on..he would be the first to admit stop following him..it may be bobby davis realizes this..He may not stay at life church forever...that will be the test for that church
pie

Southfield, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#96
May 18, 2012
 

Judged:

1

1

uhmmm wrote:
Wow what a moron you are. He does have a very stressful job... Fellow brothers and sisters be ringin him up all hours of the day or even walkin right to his doorstep bangin on his door for help or guidance at all times... It's like babysitting a bunch of grown adults that fail to take care of matters on their own. Not to mention the dozens of people that request his appearance at the hospital or even the funeral for their loved ones he is constantly hampered by them...I feel bad for him..Hope he has a good break!!!! He really needs it!!!. I watched him start off in a very very small church and a few months later its 1000000x bigger. He is the shiz...#1. Not a phony like hinn or joel...I love listening to his sermons!!!! Great food for the soul!!!!! Sounds like your a jealous prick after all he does have hawt wife and a Harley...Go Bobby Davis!!!!!!!! LOL Also the wealth comes from the people that attend there.... He didn't force them to pay up...They simply dropped it into the bucket cause it was the RIGHT THING TO DO...I'd drop all I could if I was a rich person...
Yeah yea flame away its not Christlike for me make this post towards a imbred moron but I don't care. No one is perfect we're all sinners but... I know for a fact he is a man of the shroud and you diss him you will pay for it come judgement day. Now go hide behind your big church in Livingston.../
Wow! You're a horrible evil person! You used the word "prick" while defending a preacher! I think the gays at Dogwood park are better examples of Christian than you are.
lmaoplz

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#97
May 18, 2012
 
Well wrote:
If they had a simple, scripturally qualified Eldership to oversee/shepard the congregation
They do have a board that oversees it all what heck are you talking about its sooo much better than the other board/ group that oversaw it before a long time ago you'd crap your pants if you really knew what the last pastor did that they replaced Mr.Davis with  and since then it's been successful to the point where PEOPLE pour into the church to get messages by Bobby Davis as well from the other pastor that is pretty awesome who left his own church since they didn't accept him as is.Theres all of these available pastors who are just as great as Bobby! Your not making sense at all your literally jealous and raged for no apparent reason at all. You suck. misorganization my arse. Sounds like your one of these that doesn't like some of the messages he spreads since they're not suiting your standards or desires....As Bobby has said over and over hes only there to preach the message not tell you what YOU want to hear...
pie wrote:
<quoted text>
Wow! You're a horrible evil person! You used the word "prick" while defending a preacher! I think the gays at Dogwood park are better examples of Christian than you are.
Aww booboo like I said I don't care I call it as I see it.. I like to consider myself a modern day Christian. LOL Yeah Im soooo evil for simply trying to slap some sense into a enraged hick thats keeping this thread alive on topix about the life church which is riduclous and uncalled for espeically with the evil and vile crap that is all over on this site.
I could go on about shady pastors and churchs all over the region but I don't cause I have respect and class unlike these imbred morons that are simply trying to stir up trouble.
Well

Morrison, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#98
May 18, 2012
 
lmaoplz wrote:
<quoted text>
They do have a board that oversees it all what heck are you talking about its sooo much better than the other board/ group that oversaw it before a long time ago you'd crap your pants if you really knew what the last pastor did that they replaced Mr.Davis with  and since then it's been successful to the point where PEOPLE pour into the church to get messages by Bobby Davis as well from the other pastor that is pretty awesome who left his own church since they didn't accept him as is.Theres all of these available pastors who are just as great as Bobby! Your not making sense at all your literally jealous and raged for no apparent reason at all. You suck. misorganization my arse. Sounds like your one of these that doesn't like some of the messages he spreads since they're not suiting your standards or desires....As Bobby has said over and over hes only there to preach the message not tell you what YOU want to hear...
<quoted text>
Aww booboo like I said I don't care I call it as I see it.. I like to consider myself a modern day Christian. LOL Yeah Im soooo evil for simply trying to slap some sense into a enraged hick thats keeping this thread alive on topix about the life church which is riduclous and uncalled for espeically with the evil and vile crap that is all over on this site.
I could go on about shady pastors and churchs all over the region but I don't cause I have respect and class unlike these imbred morons that are simply trying to stir up trouble.
What in the world are you babbling about. Did you even read my post, have you ever read the Bible?? An Eldership IS NOT a board. Try having someone read 1 Timothy and Titus to you sometime. There you will find the qualifications of Elders/Overseers/Pastors(plura l) and Deacons. And, yes, there is a difference. Get a clue,the local congregation is overseen by Elders, also know as Pastors, but always plurel, NEVER one indiviual.
Titus:
" 5 For this reason I left you in Crete, that you should set in order the things that are lacking, and appoint ELDERS in every city as I commanded you— 6 if a man is blameless, the husband of one wife, having faithful children not accused of dissipation or insubordination. 7 For a BISHOP[b] must be blameless, as a steward of God,(NIV: Since an OVERSEER MANAGES God’s household, he must be )not self-willed, not quick-tempered, not given to wine, not violent, not greedy for money, 8 but hospitable, a lover of what is good, sober-minded, just, holy, self-controlled, 9 holding fast the faithful word as he has been taught, that he may be able, by sound doctrine, both to exhort and convict those who contradict."
1 Timothy:
"3 This is a faithful saying: If a man desires the position of a BISHOP,[a] he desires a good work. 2 A BISHOP then must be blameless, the husband of one wife, temperate, sober-minded, of good behavior, hospitable, able to teach; 3 not given to wine, not violent, not greedy for money,[b] but gentle, not quarrelsome, not covetous; 4 one who rules his own house well, having his children in submission with all reverence 5 (for if a man does not know how to rule his own house, how will he TAKE CARE OF THE CHURCH of God?); 6 not a novice, lest being puffed up with pride he fall into the same condemnation as the devil. 7 Moreover he must have a good testimony among those who are outside, lest he fall into reproach and the snare of the devil."
AGAIN, the above scriptures alone dictates the leadership of the Church and it ain't the "pastor/preacher". It is a group of qualified men called elders, overseers, pastors or bishops. And not having the basic leadership in order, makes a congregation unscriptural.
To end, if you "don't care" why are you "discussing" the matter then? And if the current babbling is "calling it the way you see it", dear Lord...please, have your eyes checked!
Well

Morrison, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#100
May 18, 2012
 
Well wrote:
<quoted text>
What in the world are you babbling about. Did you even read my post, have you ever read the Bible?? An Eldership IS NOT a board. Try having someone read 1 Timothy and Titus to you sometime. There you will find the qualifications of Elders/Overseers/Pastors(plura l) and Deacons. And, yes, there is a difference. Get a clue,the local congregation is overseen by Elders, also know as Pastors, but always plurel, NEVER one indiviual.
Titus:
" 5 For this reason I left you in Crete, that you should set in order the things that are lacking, and appoint ELDERS in every city as I commanded you— 6 if a man is blameless, the husband of one wife, having faithful children not accused of dissipation or insubordination. 7 For a BISHOP[b] must be blameless, as a steward of God,(NIV: Since an OVERSEER MANAGES God’s household, he must be )not self-willed, not quick-tempered, not given to wine, not violent, not greedy for money, 8 but hospitable, a lover of what is good, sober-minded, just, holy, self-controlled, 9 holding fast the faithful word as he has been taught, that he may be able, by sound doctrine, both to exhort and convict those who contradict."
1 Timothy:
"3 This is a faithful saying: If a man desires the position of a BISHOP,[a] he desires a good work. 2 A BISHOP then must be blameless, the husband of one wife, temperate, sober-minded, of good behavior, hospitable, able to teach; 3 not given to wine, not violent, not greedy for money,[b] but gentle, not quarrelsome, not covetous; 4 one who rules his own house well, having his children in submission with all reverence 5 (for if a man does not know how to rule his own house, how will he TAKE CARE OF THE CHURCH of God?); 6 not a novice, lest being puffed up with pride he fall into the same condemnation as the devil. 7 Moreover he must have a good testimony among those who are outside, lest he fall into reproach and the snare of the devil."
AGAIN, the above scriptures alone dictates the leadership of the Church and it ain't the "pastor/preacher". It is a group of qualified men called elders, overseers, pastors or bishops. And not having the basic leadership in order, makes a congregation unscriptural.
To end, if you "don't care" why are you "discussing" the matter then? And if the current babbling is "calling it the way you see it", dear Lord...please, have your eyes checked!
To add, a "board of directors" job IS NOT to accept a preacher "as is", meaning he brings with him whatever doctrine is his own. The ELDERS job is to find a preacher that is doctrinally sound according to the Word and proficient at presenting the Word. Their job IS NOT to find the most entertaining juggler for the company picnick and hoping everybody likes him.
pitiful

Cookeville, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#101
May 18, 2012
 
I do not go to the Life Church, but I went to Trinity when Pastor Bobby was there. He was great! He is very charasmatic, and is able to inspire those who need it. If people begin to think that Pastor Bobby is more than a man, that is their fault. He ever hesitated to tell people his history, his faults, and his journey. At Trinity, people began feeling that Pastor Eddie was the power behing Trinity. He voluntarily stepped aside.

I have often wondered about the sometimes elaborate salaries ministers receive. As mentioned by other posts, I was enlightened when I attended Trinity. Those pastors are available all hours of the day and night to their members. They attend funerals, preach funerals, make hospital and home visits, provide counseling, etc. I am sure they often work more than 40 hours a week. Do they need the large salaries, do they deserve it? I cannot answer that, but I do know they are busier than I ever knew.
Woo

Cookeville, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#102
May 18, 2012
 

Judged:

1

1

1

Wow yeah Im the stupid one.. Board n group n deacons etc whatever you want to call it... Why are you judging their group? What gives you the right to say their group isnt properly set? Who are you? The almighty one? Grow the eff up and get over yourself.
What's wrong with the existing one???? Why do you feel their group isn't doing a good job? A couple have been there way before Davis even came into the picture...They're honest and actually pilars of the community. None of them are druggies or closet gays. They're outstanding and I don't see any issues with them at all...
Also why this continuous rambling and senseless rants? There's got to be more to your reasoning... I care because this thread shouldn't have been started in the first place..
All Davis did was enable them to get more people in to get the message hence the rapid growth and wealth...Which in turn enabled them to DO MORE IN THE NAME OF GOD. They've helped so many people and families..Are you jealous of his ability to set ablaze a wave of good causes and deeds and such in thecommunity and reach out to even more people? Well sorry about that. Sorry your church in Livingston has left your flame dim elsewise you wouldn't be here wastin time and rantin on and on bout random BS.
Roundabout

Cookeville, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#103
May 18, 2012
 

Judged:

1

1

1

NO ONE IS Jealous of bobby Davis...Just the opposite..dude ur hurting ur own cause,,the best thing u can do for bobby davis is to stop talking..ur not helping his case at all..its making it worse

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

74 Users are viewing the Cookeville Forum right now

Search the Cookeville Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
TN Who do you support for Governor in Tennessee in... (Oct '10) 10 min Julia 141,695
people screwed by compugeeks of Sparta tn (Jun '11) 42 min jeff sparks 80
Shutdown UCDD and UCHRA 48 min Non-profit reality check 41
TN Should state mandate immunizations? New require... (May '11) 2 hr WTH 8,985
More bad news for the South 3 hr Yup 1
Soon to be Sheriff Farris 4 hr Casper 51
Dumb and "Dummer" (Apr '10) 4 hr garyn 3
•••
•••
•••
•••

Cookeville Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Cookeville People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••

Cookeville News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Cookeville
•••

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]
•••