Comments
1 - 20 of 57 Comments Last updated Jul 28, 2011
First Prev
of 3
Next Last
assimilated

Mcminnville, TN

#1 Aug 9, 2010
I can't wait for all the fat soccer moms and white trash to hop on here and start complaining that their precious little gift from above was ROBBED by the rigged pageant and the mean judges!!! lol
Fair

Manchester, TN

#2 Aug 9, 2010
I know isnt it funny!
hahahaha

Cookeville, TN

#3 Aug 9, 2010
assimilated wrote:
I can't wait for all the fat soccer moms and white trash to hop on here and start complaining that their precious little gift from above was ROBBED by the rigged pageant and the mean judges!!! lol
LMFAO!!! Hope to see some hair-yanking, extreme whining and tears. Maybe even some good cat fights.
Fair

Manchester, TN

#4 Aug 9, 2010
I know they will all be bashing Cindy Strong again!
assimilated

Mcminnville, TN

#5 Aug 9, 2010
Cindy didn't run it, Gina Hooper did. Can't say the prettiest girls won the younger age groups, but the winning girls had a lot of confidence and poise. It took forever though.5 hours to get through the first 3 groups judging and crowning.
Won

Manchester, TN

#6 Aug 10, 2010
Does anybody know who won the fairest of the fair?
hmm

United States

#7 Aug 10, 2010
assimilated wrote:
Cindy didn't run it, Gina Hooper did. Can't say the prettiest girls won the younger age groups, but the winning girls had a lot of confidence and poise. It took forever though.5 hours to get through the first 3 groups judging and crowning.
It takes so long because everyone has their kid in it. Confidence and poise? Are they not judged for anything else?
CONCERNED

Cookeville, TN

#8 Aug 10, 2010
Won wrote:
Does anybody know who won the fairest of the fair?
In the last 2 age groups the girls that won are the same 2 girls that have won 3 years in a row. Fairest of the fair was Tiffany Milligan. Best friend of Young Miss winner Morgan Chaffin. Who is the daughter of Susan Chaffin. Susan owns Ready Set Grow,one of the few stores in town that sells pageant dresses. Tiffany Milligan models pageant dresses for Susan.
CONCERNED

Cookeville, TN

#9 Aug 10, 2010
hmm wrote:
<quoted text> It takes so long because everyone has their kid in it. Confidence and poise? Are they not judged for anything else?
There were very few kids in last nights pageant. One of the lowest turn outs ever in the history of the pageant.
Cookeville Mom

Cookeville, TN

#10 Aug 10, 2010
I have had my daughters in the fair for years now and I have to stay Gina Hooper was so sweet to all the girls. She let everyone know she felt very stong about the pageant being fair and that the judges knew no one. My hat goes off to her she does it for free, gives all the money back to the fair and she does'nt even have a business to gain from it.
duh

Cookeville, TN

#11 Aug 10, 2010
assimilated wrote:
Cindy didn't run it, Gina Hooper did.
My point EXACTLY! They dont even know how stupid they sound!
CONCERNED

Cookeville, TN

#12 Aug 10, 2010
Cookeville Mom wrote:
I have had my daughters in the fair for years now and I have to stay Gina Hooper was so sweet to all the girls. She let everyone know she felt very stong about the pageant being fair and that the judges knew no one. My hat goes off to her she does it for free, gives all the money back to the fair and she does'nt even have a business to gain from it.
How did you daugthers do in the pageant? Did they walk away with a crown?
well

Mcminnville, TN

#13 Aug 10, 2010
The Teen Miss had 30+ girls in it, but the category that the Chaffin girl won only had 15 girls,which was pretty surprising.

To me, facial beauty is very subjective. I don't think the most facially beautiful girls won, but the ones who were well put together and posed....in other words- they were likely experienced pageant kids.

What was odd to me was that girls who placed well in the past couple of years did not place well last night. One that was like first runner up in the past didn't make top ten, and a former winner came in like seventh or eighth.(In the younger age groups). There truly is no way of predicting how well your kid will do.
CONCERNED

Cookeville, TN

#14 Aug 10, 2010
well wrote:
The Teen Miss had 30+ girls in it, but the category that the Chaffin girl won only had 15 girls,which was pretty surprising.
To me, facial beauty is very subjective. I don't think the most facially beautiful girls won, but the ones who were well put together and posed....in other words- they were likely experienced pageant kids.
What was odd to me was that girls who placed well in the past couple of years did not place well last night. One that was like first runner up in the past didn't make top ten, and a former winner came in like seventh or eighth.(In the younger age groups). There truly is no way of predicting how well your kid will do.
You can very easily predict how well your child will do. It all depends on who else is in the same catergory. In the Young Miss and the Fairest of the Fair catergory, the same girls year after year win.
CONCERNED

Cookeville, TN

#15 Aug 10, 2010
well wrote:
The reason for the historically low turn out in the young miss catergory, is due to the fact that most people know the pageant is FIXED. Since Morgan Diane Chaffin was in that catergory everyone knew that she would walk away with the crown. AGAIN. Its no secret, its no surprise.
Cookeville Mom

Cookeville, TN

#16 Aug 10, 2010
They didn't. But my girls do it for fun. They love dressing up and having pictures made. I've taught them that each judge is different and you never know what they are looking for.
Pageant Mom

Cookeville, TN

#17 Aug 10, 2010
Concerned- Maybe those girls have more EXPERIENCE with pageants and it showed!!!
CONCERNED

Cookeville, TN

#18 Aug 10, 2010
Cookeville Mom wrote:
They didn't. But my girls do it for fun. They love dressing up and having pictures made. I've taught them that each judge is different and you never know what they are looking for.
Thats what its all about! Glad to hear your girls had fun. I hope more parents allow their kids to enter in the future. As long as there are parents like you, the pageant can be a fun and positive expierence for a lot of kids. Not just the kids who have families that can afford to buy the crown.
frustrated

Canada

#19 Aug 10, 2010
well wrote:
I don't know what category u were watching but the ones I saw the girls were plain jane and not put together very well at all. Most of them looked very out of place and confused out on stage. Not a good impression at all last night!!! It was horrible. Even heard one mom come back stage and told her daughter she had won before the winners were even announced and guess what she did. Wonder how she got the inside scoop unless she was in on something!!
CONCERNED

Cookeville, TN

#20 Aug 10, 2010
Pageant Mom wrote:
Concerned- Maybe those girls have more EXPERIENCE with pageants and it showed!!!
You are right. They do have more EXPERIENCE with pageants, the putnam county fair pageant specifically.The same girls win year after year. The pageant is fixed and it shows. Last night it showed in the small turn out for the young miss catergory. Folks are starting to catch on.(finally) It showed. watch this same catergory double in size in 2011.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Cookeville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
TN Who do you support for Governor in Tennessee in... (Oct '10) 33 min Irving 145,896
Three arrested today for theft 2 hr DeDominicis 1
Cookeville woman one of three to sue Walmart (Oct '12) 3 hr DeDominicis 34
NAAWP National Association for the Advancement ... 3 hr DeDominicis 2
Putnam Justice Center Maintanence 3 hr DeDominicis 6
Getting Gas in Cookeville 3 hr catchy name 6
school bullying 3 hr DeDominicis 6
Sheriff Farris....One time Sheriff? 8 hr News Flash 56
•••
•••
•••

Cookeville Jobs

•••