Comments
1 - 15 of 15 Comments Last updated Apr 21, 2011
nimrod

Cookeville, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#1
Apr 5, 2010
 
how come every year no real effort is made to hide those Easter Eggs and actually make people work for the prizes? With the whole county to choose from, why is every single egg placed in North Cookeville or Tech or Baxter? It's supposed to be a CHALLENGE. Why not make the thing actually challenging?
seven

Cookeville, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#2
Apr 5, 2010
 
nothing is ever good enough for some ppl is it? maybe your only finding the easy ones and not looking hard enough for the well hidden ones ;)
freak

Cookeville, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#3
Apr 5, 2010
 
it's all rigged anyway
nimrod

Cookeville, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#4
Apr 5, 2010
 
no, seven, I knew where each egg was by the second or third clue, pretty much everybody did, that's my point. When you have the entire COUNTY to work with every year, why always confine it to a local cookeville school (including Tech), something to do with the railroad, or someplace so easily recognizable in town? I understand a lot of people have moved here from out-of-town, and it's only fair to make or two or three eggs easier to find for their sakes, but c'mon... that could have been SO much more difficult to figure out.
Citizen

Cookeville, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#5
Apr 5, 2010
 
What, how many eggs have u found? I bet you couldn't find a couple if they were down your pants.
nimrod

Cookeville, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#6
Apr 5, 2010
 
I did'nt actively participate except in the prize that I actually wanted (though I have won previously), when, of course, the very first clue gave it away for everyone anyway. It's not a new thing or anything, it's the same every year, EVERYBODY knows where the egg is by the first or second clue, that's the POINT, man. Make it actually DIFFICULT for one, make somebody actually have to THINK about it. What the hell's so threatening about that concept? Figuring it out is half the prize itself. Putnam county is small, but it's not THAT small, and people here are'nt ignorant of it's history or geography. Since so many citizens particpate anyway, make SOME of the locations actually a little difficult, that's all I'm saying.
nimrod

Cookeville, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#7
Apr 5, 2010
 
Citizen wrote:
What, how many eggs have u found? I bet you couldn't find a couple if they were down your pants.
(and I've found three, by the way, total)
crest

Cookeville, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#8
Apr 6, 2010
 
I thought the egg hunt was great!!! The last one was very challenging ! I am just glad that they do it. If there wasnt one alot of people would be disappointed!
Think for a moment

Cookeville, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#9
Apr 6, 2010
 
nimrod wrote:
no, seven, I knew where each egg was by the second or third clue, pretty much everybody did, that's my point. When you have the entire COUNTY to work with every year, why always confine it to a local cookeville school (including Tech), something to do with the railroad, or someplace so easily recognizable in town? I understand a lot of people have moved here from out-of-town, and it's only fair to make or two or three eggs easier to find for their sakes, but c'mon... that could have been SO much more difficult to figure out.
Even though Cookeville is a good sized town, they can only hide the eggs on public property.... Think about that for a second and that makes Cookeville not so big anymore huh? And the easier the egg is to find, wouldnt that make more people participate which in turn makes the event bigger overall? That's probably what they are going for and not to hide a egg no one will find and then no one ever participate again.
nimrod

Cookeville, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#10
Apr 6, 2010
 
Think for a moment wrote:
<quoted text>Even though Cookeville is a good sized town, they can only hide the eggs on public property.... Think about that for a second and that makes Cookeville not so big anymore huh? And the easier the egg is to find, wouldnt that make more people participate which in turn makes the event bigger overall? That's probably what they are going for and not to hide a egg no one will find and then no one ever participate again.
At what point in time are you going to stop searching for your $500 or flat-screen t.v.? Besides, it's a COUNTY-WIDE Easter-egg hunt, NOT a "cookeville" Easter-egg hunt. People are'nt going to "not participate."
Think for a moment

Cookeville, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#11
Apr 6, 2010
 
nimrod wrote:
<quoted text>
At what point in time are you going to stop searching for your $500 or flat-screen t.v.? Besides, it's a COUNTY-WIDE Easter-egg hunt, NOT a "cookeville" Easter-egg hunt. People are'nt going to "not participate."
The 2nd prize egg was found in Monterey, was you not tuned it for the whole hunt???
u r wrong

Cookeville, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#12
Apr 8, 2010
 
Think for a moment wrote:
<quoted text> The 2nd prize egg was found in Monterey, was you not tuned it for the whole hunt???
no it wasn't
nimrod

Cookeville, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#13
Apr 8, 2010
 
u r wrong wrote:
<quoted text>
no it wasn't
no, it was'nt, and the only egg (if memory serves me) that was placed outside of North Cookeville) that was found this time was placed in Baxter (with clues that led people there in the first 15 minutes.) That's ridiculous. With the entire county to work with and all the history, tradition, and general common knowledge they have to work with around here (not to mention how creative people can get when there's money on the line), it's a joke to always confine all the eggs into one or two little areas like that. I know they do that every year, but really, that's no excuse.
Think for a moment

Cookeville, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#14
Apr 9, 2010
 
Ok since I am so wrong.... Here is proof...Go to facebook and type in the search bar Magic 98.5 and it will show you their page with logo on it. All you have to do is click it and look on there wall post from the day after April 5th, and it tells you all the locations the eggs where found..... I am going to copy and paste this list for you nimrod! So quit arguing just to argue, there is no point really: Magic 98.5 32nd Annual County Wide Egg Hunt brought to you by The Technology Store. Here are where the Eggs were hidden if you didn't hear it yesterday: 1. Sycamore Elementary 2. Monterey Library 3. Derryberry Hall at TTU 4. Upperman High School Concert Egg.-- Field at EMS/Election/ Health Dept. Offices 5. Hawkins-Crawford Rd at railroad tracks
Who Cares

Jamestown, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#15
Apr 21, 2011
 
nimrod wrote:
how come every year no real effort is made to hide those Easter Eggs and actually make people work for the prizes? With the whole county to choose from, why is every single egg placed in North Cookeville or Tech or Baxter? It's supposed to be a CHALLENGE. Why not make the thing actually challenging?
There were eggs hidden in Monterey last year. Is that far enough away for you?

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

73 Users are viewing the Cookeville Forum right now

Search the Cookeville Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
.do gay men sniff other MEN's underwear? (Jul '11) 2 min Robb 208
Paul Baileys liberal agenda 8 min Liberal hater 2
Paul Bailey and the industrial advisory board 14 min tax and spend Bailey 20
High school football 1 hr Get A Life 12
veronica richards (Apr '13) 1 hr Peni 44
TN Who do you support for Governor in Tennessee in... (Oct '10) 1 hr Irving 140,849
Do you approve of Kim Blaylock as County Execut... 2 hr guest 62
Shutdown UCDD and UCHRA 23 hr cfever 26
•••
•••
•••
•••

Cookeville Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Cookeville People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••

Cookeville News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Cookeville
•••

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]
•••