Education and History

Cookeville, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 23, 2012

It's interesting how little the churchies know about their own religion's history. To wit:

'In the period up to roughly the thirteenth century, male bonding ceremonies were performed in churches all over the Mediterranean. These unions were sanctified by priests with many of the same prayers and rituals used to join men and women in marriage. The ceremonies stressed love and personal commitment over procreation, but surely not everyone was fooled. Couples who joined themselves in such rituals most likely had sex as much (or as little) as their heterosexual counterparts. In any event, the close association of male bonding ceremonies with forbidden sex eventually became too much to overlook as ever more severe sodomy laws were put into place.

Such same-sex unions—sometimes called “spiritual brotherhoods”—forged irrevocable bonds between the men involved. Often they involved missionaries about to set off on foreign voyages, but lay male couples also entered into them. Other than the gender of the participants, it was difficult to distinguish the ceremonies from typical marriages. Twelfth-century liturgies for same-sex unions, for example, involved the pair joining their right hands at the altar, the recital of marriage prayers, and a ceremonial kiss.'

One of the phrase used in that marriage:

"O Almighty Lord, You have given to man to be made from the first in Your Image and Likeness by the gift of immortal life. You have willed to bind as brothers not only by nature but by bonds of the spirit ... Bless Your Servants united also that, not bound by nature,[they be] joined with bonds of love."

http://www.theawl.com/2012/05/sex-and-punishm...
Hypocrites

Cookeville, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 25, 2012

OVER IT wrote:
THANKS YOU! It is a sin to be Gay! I personally do not care who people are with, I just do not like having things shoved down my throat! Like the Gay Pride Fest.....where is a Straight Pride Fest. It is just stupid...I am straight and I am proud, but I am not running around screaming it to people and making a big deal of it!
<quoted text>
Its also a sin to over indulge in anything yet we have alcoholics obese over eaters, drug addicts, sex addicts. Yet you dont see anyone going around telling any of these people that they are going to hell for what they are doing. Its hypocritical. Im sure out of all the people writing on this over half of you commit at least one of the sins I mentioned. SO while the bible may say that no man should lie with another it also says to not drink in abundance, to not cheat, to not lie and these sins are done every day. But remember the bible also says that the lord will forgive you for your sins. So here is the question of the hour. If God can forgive these people (If its truly a sin) then why cant you? Your not the lord you are not who we will face on judgement day and frankly its none of your damn business what others do. Everyone who comments on this in a negative tone is sinning because the bible says DO NOT JUDGE. You want the world to be Christians and follow the bible well then why dont you lead by example shut up quit judging others and live like a christian should.
oh yeah

Cookeville, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 25, 2012

A legal marriage is just another tax, nothing more. If you really love some one, commit to that person and not the government.

Since: Oct 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 25, 2012

HELL IS COMING wrote:
WAKE UP U SEXUALLY PERVERTED JACKASS'S!!
HELL IS COMING!!!!!!
TAKE A LOOK AT UR FUTURE! TAKE A CLOS ELOOK AT THE TOP PIC FROM THE LINK PROVIDED.
http://subversify.com/2011/06/10/is-google-ce...
HELL IS COMING!!!!!!!!
You know, that picture is not of "Panet X/Nibiru", right? It's actually of a dying star that the Hubble to a picture of.

Silly extremists! LOL

Source: http://hubblesite.org/newscenter/archive/rele...
MOON

Cookeville, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 25, 2012

I would rather hang out with 2 gay guys then 2 rednecks and I am straight as an arrow, certain rednecks make me want to vomit.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 21 - 25 of25
|
next page >
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

63 Users are viewing the Cookeville Forum right now

Search the Cookeville Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
TN Who do you support for Governor in Tennessee in... (Oct '10) 17 min BOiaF 124,053
TN Should state mandate immunizations? New require... (May '11) 33 min Get Real 8,463
CORRUPTION in OVERTON COUNTY (must read!) (Aug '13) 33 min IPA 15
drinking 36 min IPA 12
Thank a republican for the spiral downward 46 min Tick Dater 35
Do you approve of Wayne Nabors as County Clerk? 1 hr knows 73
The OneTrue Church 2 hr DocIsIn 1,007
•••
•••
•••
Cookeville Dating

more search filters

less search filters

•••