1 - 20 of 112 Comments Last updated Feb 11, 2013
First Prev
of 6
Next Last
For All People

Cookeville, TN

#1 Jul 10, 2012
Phil Williams ‏@NC5PhilWilliams
Kim Burks made motion to reinstate Pealers. New chair Mike Gannon rules motion out of order.

Meeting called to order at ‪#UCDD‬. Three members of legislature here: Burks, Curtiss, Pody. Public will not be allowed to speak.

Believe it or not, ‪#UCDD‬ officials asked sheriff deputies to provide security for today's meeting. http://fb.me/1sEtw0Ecx

check it all out here!

http://twitter.com/nc5philwilliams
For All People

Cookeville, TN

#2 Jul 10, 2012
For All People wrote:
Kim Burks made motion to reinstate Pealers. New chair Mike Gannon rules motion out of order.
Meeting called to order at ‪#UCDD‬. Three members of legislature here: Burks, Curtiss, Pody. Public will not be allowed to speak.
Believe it or not, ‪#UCDD‬ officials asked sheriff deputies to provide security for today's meeting. http://fb.me/1sEtw0Ecx
check it all out here!
http://twitter.com/nc5philwilliams
Rep. Charles Curtiss says whoever called @NC5 about ‪#UCDD‬ "did us a favor in the long run"
For All People

Cookeville, TN

#3 Jul 10, 2012
For All People wrote:
<quoted text>
Rep. Charles Curtiss says whoever called @NC5 about &#8234;#UCDD&#8236; "did us a favor in the long run"
#UCDD&#8236; Chair Mike Gannon says he found out in last week who called @NC5. Wonder how?

Livingston Mayor Curtis Hayes reads glowing performance reviews for Pealers, says retaliation is the only thing that makes sense

Sen. Charlotte Burks on how Gannon is trying to limit &#8234;#UCDD&#8236; discussion: this is way things work when you don't want something to happen.

( seems to me, if the big guns are there, Legislatures are there, they would answer the questions and be forthcoming, in my humble opinion )
For All People

Cookeville, TN

#4 Jul 10, 2012
For All People wrote:
<quoted text>
#UCDD&#8236; Chair Mike Gannon says he found out in last week who called @NC5. Wonder how?
Livingston Mayor Curtis Hayes reads glowing performance reviews for Pealers, says retaliation is the only thing that makes sense
Sen. Charlotte Burks on how Gannon is trying to limit &#8234;#UCDD&#8236; discussion: this is way things work when you don't want something to happen.
( seems to me, if the big guns are there, Legislatures are there, they would answer the questions and be forthcoming, in my humble opinion )
To Paraphrase:
The votes were gathered to have this special meeting, but Mike Gannon only put out notice that meeting would discuss powers of interim director.

"chair Mike Gannon ruling motions out of order, saying meeting can only *discuss* power of interim director"

Really?????? He knows full well, what this meeting is for. He has elected Law Makers, Legislature's there and he is telling them all they are out of order? Why won't they talk LOL to damn funny if you ask me.

I sure hope this whole meeting is going to be on camera to see.
Apples

Mcminnville, TN

#5 Jul 10, 2012
Thank you unknown person! Thanks for the update!
For All People

Cookeville, TN

#6 Jul 10, 2012
For All People wrote:
<quoted text>
To Paraphrase:
The votes were gathered to have this special meeting, but Mike Gannon only put out notice that meeting would discuss powers of interim director.
"chair Mike Gannon ruling motions out of order, saying meeting can only *discuss* power of interim director"
Really?????? He knows full well, what this meeting is for. He has elected Law Makers, Legislature's there and he is telling them all they are out of order? Why won't they talk LOL to damn funny if you ask me.
I sure hope this whole meeting is going to be on camera to see.
"interim Randy Williams explaining terminations, says there was "no retaliation," was focused on streamling agency"

I say, Really? These are long term employee's, if there is a consolidation of departments, wouldn't you place them in other areas.. for people being employed like this, generally they know more then the newest employee's found.. Unless of course, there is no place to put them.
For All People

Cookeville, TN

#7 Jul 10, 2012
Apples wrote:
Thank you unknown person! Thanks for the update!
Your Welcome, even tho it says I'm in Celina, I live in Cookeville and have watched this for a very long time.
For All People

Cookeville, TN

#8 Jul 10, 2012
This is getting even funnier....

"Chair Mike Gannon now claims that he has uncovered a hit list in Ashley Pealer's handwriting. No word what proof he has."

Sure hope for his sake, he does in fact have this "hit list". And gives it to the FBI, they in fact have handwriting anaylsis experts.
For All People

Cookeville, TN

#9 Jul 10, 2012
For All People wrote:
"Chair Mike Gannon now claims that he has uncovered a hit list in Ashley Pealer's handwriting. No word what proof he has."
Sure hope for his sake, he does in fact have this "hit list". And gives it to the FBI, they in fact have handwriting anaylsis experts.
Randy Williams fired folks after 2 weeks. Gannon says Carwile/Pealer didn't carry out their hits in 3 months b/c "never got a chance"

Smith County's Michael Nesbitt: "What we have become is not what we used to be"
( this probably is the most truthful statement I have read. It certainly is not what the agency was established for.)
UCDD crap

Tullahoma, TN

#10 Jul 10, 2012
This is just disgusting. Randy Williams was just appointed and thinks he can start firing everyone that is TRYING to do the right thing? The whole board needs to be wiped clean.What a bunch of idiots!
Apples

Mcminnville, TN

#11 Jul 10, 2012
For All People wrote:
<quoted text>
Randy Williams fired folks after 2 weeks. Gannon says Carwile/Pealer didn't carry out their hits in 3 months b/c "never got a chance"
( this probably is the most truthful statement I have read. It certainly is not what the agency was established for.)
Reply to Nesbitt**** What you have become is laughing stocks of the Tennessee, and beyond. What you were in the past were liars and thieves that hid behind the good ole boys club veil of secrecy, threats and intimidation.**** Nesbitt Did you pray before the meeting started???
For All People

Cookeville, TN

#12 Jul 10, 2012
For All People wrote:
<quoted text>
Gannon says &#8234;UCDD on edge of cliff, "this thing could blow up on us in the next day or two" if governments pull out"

(seems to me, you all should have thought about this, when this whole thing started, instead of trying to find out who exposed this outrageous misuse of funds....and took away your playgrounds. I would hate the government taking away the funding from the citizens who need the help, and to Me Mr. Gannon, you all don't need the help, but the poor, elderly, those who struggle so hard to make a simple clean fair life for themselves. You all only have yourselves to blame. You knew ( a Few on the Board) knew exactly what was going on and turned a blind eye. You all should be ashamed).
For All People

Cookeville, TN

#13 Jul 10, 2012
UCDD crap wrote:
This is just disgusting. Randy Williams was just appointed and thinks he can start firing everyone that is TRYING to do the right thing? The whole board needs to be wiped clean.What a bunch of idiots!
Only way to do it, is to vote them out... Everyone in the development district, needs to see who in their county is on the board and just what have they done to make sure this is taken care of or who is just trying to cover it all up.
Do your own investigating and reading, and not take what anyone says without ourselves searching the truth out.
For All People

Cookeville, TN

#14 Jul 10, 2012
It has been awhile since NC5 Phil, posted anything to share.. sooo

For your reading enjoyment:

It's all about the Pork Reward!!

http://tnreport.com/blog/2012/06/29/ucdd-mans...
For All People

Cookeville, TN

#15 Jul 10, 2012
"UCDD meeting ends with no action on firings. Chair Mike Gannon refused to allow any motions."

So, there you have it. It will be on the new's tonight..I am hoping the whole meeting will be posted to see, as they have before.

Does this really surprise anyone?
What is Mr. Gannon afraid of?
As you know, the lawyer for the 2 fired, as already sent them a letter of intent, there will be a lawsuit... MORE MONEY that this will cost the taxpayers.. It it sure won't be coming out of Mr. Randy's or Mr. Mike's pocket will it?
This will come out of the pocket of the UCDD..oh wait, that money has been in and out of pockets for awhile.
This is a wake up call, we need to get rid of the board.
I am not on anyone's side, I am on the side of what is right.
I cannot stand to see cover ups and that is exactly what is going on here.
They got their hand slapped, so they are hitting back with a big ol baseball bat.
Absolutely ashamed of the UCDD Board and how they conduct themselves.
With some members of the legislature there, and the FBI, and I'm quite sure the TBI, this is now very far from being over.

Sure hope they have a good lunch that was set up yesterday for after this meeting.. Which yes, I'm sure it came out of a "lunch" fund in the UCDD.
Apples

Mcminnville, TN

#16 Jul 10, 2012
For All People wrote:
My guess is he will back peddle on that statement. Something like, oh well someone told me that, and believed them. But he will most likely never be nailed down on specifics. He is working on an old game with outdated rules. Starting and spreading a rumor to discreted your advisary.
Interesting

Cookeville, TN

#17 Jul 10, 2012
I hear you can sue the Board Members in civil action for negligence. That would be a way to get their attention in the right place, when lawsuits start being filed on them. Lunch could be at Wendy's, Randy, Michelle and Patty have been sighted there in recent weeks. Wouldn't that be lovely, lunch by the pool and that "famous gazebo"
For All People

Cookeville, TN

#18 Jul 10, 2012
This was just posted!

"UCDD update: an IG special agent from the U.S. Economic Development Administration was there, watching the whole show!"

Interesting Indeed........
For All People

Cookeville, TN

#19 Jul 10, 2012
Among #UCDD curiosities: small-town newspaper guy texting updates to Wendy Askins during meeting, later boasting he was working on something "big" regarding two of her detractors on the board. This thing's messy!
For All People

Cookeville, TN

#20 Jul 10, 2012
For All People wrote:
Among #UCDD curiosities: small-town newspaper guy texting updates to Wendy Askins during meeting, later boasting he was working on something "big" regarding two of her detractors on the board. This thing's messy!
( and it wasn't someone from the Herald Citizen, which I hope they were there and will publish the unbiased facts of the meeting..but it does make me wonder who this other person was.)

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

First Prev
of 6
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Cookeville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
TN Who do you support for Governor in Tennessee in... (Oct '10) 3 min miss tuffet 146,299
Domestic and sexual violence are serious proble... (Apr '09) 17 min Get a clue 40
Andy Burgess computer repair ripoff 44 min jmburd 11
cookeville honda closing down 47 min hekickayouass 5
Free school breakfast and lunch 58 min Bean Canner 34
patty mcbride.... please help me find her. 1 hr DeDominicis 2
Burger King to avoid U.S. Taxes 1 hr DeDominicis 11
Sheriff Farris....One time Sheriff? 3 hr DeDominicis 82
•••
•••
•••

Cookeville Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000