Comments
1 - 20 of 40 Comments Last updated Apr 22, 2013
First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Happy Customer

Cookeville, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#1
Nov 24, 2010
 

Judged:

1

1

I got a couple pies from here today and i thought they were really good. What does everyone else think about this place? It seemed really busy so business looks like its been good for them.
Johnny201

Cookeville, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#2
Nov 25, 2010
 
I thought they were alright...
barny

Cookeville, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#3
Jan 3, 2011
 

Judged:

1

1

I thought they were expensive. They are hand made right there in the store, but it is cheaper to get pie at Walmart... I don't see the need to spend extra money to get one pie when I can buy two for same price, even if one is slightly better than the other(never actually tried their pies).
L H Bear

Cookeville, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#4
Jan 3, 2011
 

Judged:

2

Hey Barny--you get what you pay for! If you have never even tried them, how can you honestly have an opinion? If you are happy eating pies full of preservatives from Walmart that will stay good for two weeks, go for it! Algood needs new business and it is good to see someone trying something new. I hope they are successful!
barny

Cookeville, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#5
Jan 3, 2011
 
L H Bear wrote:
Hey Barny--you get what you pay for! If you have never even tried them, how can you honestly have an opinion? If you are happy eating pies full of preservatives from Walmart that will stay good for two weeks, go for it! Algood needs new business and it is good to see someone trying something new. I hope they are successful!
Algood needs more businesses. The pie shop charges to much for pies. I can make the same size pie and come out with less money invested. If you where truly interested in Algood's economy then you would actually hope larger businesses come in. Because small business does not help the economy grow that well. Especially small economy that has to be a glass factory and pie shop to sell anything. The art they sell is very poor. Out west there are truck loads of artist who can produce more detailed and better quality art in a matter of minuets.

Bear I can have an opinion because my family has eaten there. I don't like pies, but they do. They did think the pies taste better there, but not enough to warrant the high price tag. If I was to get what I pad for then I would have received a better pie from the Algood pie shop. If you have the time your better off making your own pie rather than purchasing from these people.
mary

Cookeville, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#6
Jan 3, 2011
 
hey barny your just an a hole
barny

Cookeville, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#7
Jan 4, 2011
 
Well mary it is the truth. Sorry if you work there or friends with the people who own it, but I'm not going to bias for or against it. I do admit the food does taste better than Walmart's and others, but that is the only redeeming factor about the place. Some people will like the art there. I don't, it is not good quality work and is very amateurish.

So mary, even though your a hateful person, barny still loves you.
calm down folks

Long Beach, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#8
Jan 4, 2011
 

Judged:

3

I thought the pies were good quality and I like going to a specialty shop to get pies you can't get elsewhere. They weren't that much more expensive. Small businesses is what this country is built on! I hope they do well.

Some will always go the Wal-Mart route but you get what you pay for. Pretty soon Wal-Mart will start making their pies in China like everything else in their store.
barny

Cookeville, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#9
Jan 4, 2011
 
calm down folks wrote:
I thought the pies were good quality and I like going to a specialty shop to get pies you can't get elsewhere. They weren't that much more expensive. Small businesses is what this country is built on! I hope they do well.
Some will always go the Wal-Mart route but you get what you pay for. Pretty soon Wal-Mart will start making their pies in China like everything else in their store.
I can agree with that. I just have to buy five pies at a time (I buy for extended family also) it adds up quick. I will agree with almost everything else you said, except this country is no longer built on small businesses. Large business is the current driver of the economy. I know even when i agree I disagree. I do hope they make it though. The lady there was very pleasant and like I said the pies are good.
worry wart

Cookeville, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#10
Jan 7, 2011
 
Must try the Blue Pie House, what are some of the pies that they make, can you order, and what are some of the prices. Keep me informed!! Thanks!!
Get Real

Cookeville, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#11
Jan 7, 2011
 
barny wrote:
I thought they were expensive. They are hand made right there in the store, but it is cheaper to get pie at Walmart... I don't see the need to spend extra money to get one pie when I can buy two for same price, even if one is slightly better than the other(never actually tried their pies).
You're the reason everyone is having to move their businesses overseas because you're too cheap to pay your neighbor to make the items you indulge in. Walmart is able to charge so little because most of their items are made in sweat shops in China for dollars a day.
just saying

Cookeville, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#12
Jan 7, 2011
 
I agree with get real: barny DO GO TO The BLUE HOUSE PIE Co. They don't need your stingy money, good people with a heart will be their patrons. STAY HOME and eat that WalMart pie. Its a few days old. just saying..................
barny

Cookeville, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#13
Jan 9, 2011
 
just saying wrote:
I agree with get real: barny DO GO TO The BLUE HOUSE PIE Co. They don't need your stingy money, good people with a heart will be their patrons. STAY HOME and eat that WalMart pie. Its a few days old. just saying..........
You said "DO GO TO The BLUE HOUSE PIE Co. They don't need your stingy money,...". I think you meant don't. It's ok, I believe I understand what you where trying to say.

Stingy money? You do realize I have given money to three of the local schools every year, volunteered for multiple organizations that help this community. Ultimately I'm a realist. I state the truth for better or worse. I even said their pies where better than most. I also stated I personally don't like pies and therefore don't actually eat them. Please read all post before trying to jump in.

It seems you are more hateful than a person with a heart. If you plan to become one of their "patrons", perhaps you should learn to become more humble with other's opinions.
barny

Cookeville, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#14
Jan 9, 2011
 

Judged:

1

1

Get Real wrote:
<quoted text>
You're the reason everyone is having to move their businesses overseas because you're too cheap to pay your neighbor to make the items you indulge in. Walmart is able to charge so little because most of their items are made in sweat shops in China for dollars a day.
The businesses that move their location overseas are larger corporations. Most of the time they move in order to stay afloat in a declining economy. The move itself allows for the company to have far less expenditures and lower the bar between cost and profit. The topic of businesses moving over seas has no real significance with small businesses. Please research topics before posting.

In my previous post I describe where a portion of my money does go. I also spend money on things that my family can enjoy together i.e. musical instruments, games, outdoor activity items, ect.
I would rather spend my extra money on things that benefit my community and family and not on food items that will be eaten and forgotten.

By spending my excess money on small local food stores the only person I benefit is the owner and employee(s) of said store. This, from an economic point of view, is not that beneficial to the community. That is why certain small towns in the U.S. have gone bankrupt in the past. Small business are no longer strong enough to keep communities afloat as they did in the past (there are always exceptions). I mostly spend money at Walmart to purchase the bulk of my cooking goods, otherwise I do like to spend my money on smaller stores. Just because I choose not to spend money at a pie shop does not mean I do not like helping my neighbor or that I am stingy with my money.

Perhaps people should stop making assumptions based on my lack of support for the pie shop and start posting based upon their views of the pie shop. Isn't that the main purpose of this thread?
wonder

Cookeville, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#15
Jan 9, 2011
 
worry wart wrote:
Must try the Blue Pie House, what are some of the pies that they make, can you order, and what are some of the prices. Keep me informed!! Thanks!!
Just Google "Blue House Pie Company Algood, TN" ...they have a website with a menu/prices.
Pie Hole

Cookeville, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#16
Jan 9, 2011
 
I ate an apple pie from there and the apples weren't fully cooked. Not the quality that I expected.

I guess I start buying the China pies at walmart, LMAO.
soso

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#17
Jan 9, 2011
 
To be honest I expected y pie to be better. The crust was good, however the filling (fudge) was dry and had a taste that didn't really resemble a fudge-y taste. My friend tried a fruit pie and it was mediocre. The owner was super nice and I really wanted to love it. To give it a fair shake, I will try it again because it may be better now.
just saying

Cookeville, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#18
Jan 10, 2011
 
Thanks to WONDER: Will do just that, appreciate the info. Google it is............
I Liked It

Cookeville, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#19
Aug 21, 2011
 
I thought the coconut cream pie and the peanut butter cream pie were fantastic. They were very, very good. Strawberry pie was amazing too but it's almost out of season. I'll be ordering some for special dinners we have and for the holidays. I wonder how the pumpkin is? Anyone try it?
just me

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#20
Aug 22, 2011
 
Pumpkin was awesome....

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

75 Users are viewing the Cookeville Forum right now

Search the Cookeville Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
TN Who do you support for Governor in Tennessee in... (Oct '10) 5 min closet homo watch 141,193
I wish I was a teacher 34 min Ugh 7
Paul Bailey Back room deals and wheel taxes 46 min DesperateMeasures 29
Home health not paid for overtime 52 min Help me 4
TN Should state mandate immunizations? New require... (May '11) 2 hr Zeke 8,964
Nicholas "Nick" Smith (Apr '10) 3 hr Not for Nick 22
Best young fisherman around Cookeville 3 hr rastus 5
Soon to be Sheriff Farris 3 hr Corruption Exist 40
•••
•••
•••
•••

Cookeville Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Cookeville People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••

Cookeville News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Cookeville
•••

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]
•••