Woman Killed In Putnam Co. Identified As Johnny Cash's Great-Niece

Mar 20, 2014 Full story: WTVF Nashville 63

COOKEVILLE, Tenn. Authorities have identified the woman stabbed to death and put in a wooden box at Putnam County home as the great-niece of Johnny Cash.

Full Story
First Prev
of 4
Next Last
kev from Michigan

Rochester, NY

#1 Mar 20, 2014
Extremely disheartening. This murderer should be given hard labor
TTH

Cookeville, TN

#2 Mar 20, 2014
Sad but nothing new in an area dependent upon the drug trade.
auntie

Cookeville, TN

#6 Mar 21, 2014
yep u got it
Seriously

Cookeville, TN

#7 Mar 23, 2014
If someone was stabbed in the chest and I'm a nurse why would you risk your child's life and yours to go all the way to Soarta hospital ?????????
Concerned

Cookeville, TN

#8 Mar 23, 2014
closer to Rice Road than Cookeville hospital
Ice ice baby

Gainesboro, TN

#9 Mar 24, 2014
Yes. Much closer. And it's sad only about the baby. The rest of the story will only have you saying they all needed to go. We have enough waste of space and air druggies in the world. Maybe that little baby will now have a chance at a decent life. Truth hurts sometimes.
Well

Cookeville, TN

#11 Mar 24, 2014
So what is the rest of the story?
disgusting

Cookeville, TN

#12 Mar 24, 2014
You people are pityful, and disgusting human being to say something so cruel. About someone who was just MURDERED regardless of what she did. Her little girl is now without a mommy.
RIP Courtney Fly High Pretty Girl
Sadd

Monterey, TN

#13 Mar 24, 2014
He was a murderer waiting to happen. Cara should have gotten away from him years ago.
getaclue

Tampa, FL

#14 Mar 24, 2014
Great niece = nobody. The kinfolk connecting is lame. So what was she known for on her own?
actually

Sparta, TN

#15 Mar 24, 2014
Ice ice baby wrote:
Yes. Much closer. And it's sad only about the baby. The rest of the story will only have you saying they all needed to go. We have enough waste of space and air druggies in the world. Maybe that little baby will now have a chance at a decent life. Truth hurts sometimes.
You wouldn't know the truth if it slapped you in the face....No, no one deserves to die just because they do drugs, idiot
Clyde

Davidson, NC

#17 Mar 24, 2014
No, she did not deserve to die. However, all three should have been locked up in prison for 50 years for putting that child at risk. No mother should ever allow her child to be around the criminal element.
never again

Cookeville, TN

#18 Mar 25, 2014
they all was sorry trash,we need to get rid of all the druggies any way we can
jennifer

Covington, GA

#19 Mar 25, 2014
Our families have known each other for over 25 years. You people make me sick. You don't know her. You have no right to judge. Her family has lost a daughter. Mother. Aunt. Ect. Everyone makes mistakes. Come forward if your perfect and are squeaky clean. Oh that's right. You can't. I'm not saying she was right but she didn't diserve this. Her family doesn't diserve this. Go do something productive instead of running your mouth about things you know nothing about. And don't forget. God judges our hearts and you should probably be worried. I'm not going to respond to any nonsense on this so really. Don't bother.
Truth

Cookeville, TN

#20 Mar 25, 2014
Nobody deserves to die but when you choose to surround yourself with the lifestyle and people that come with drugs you are choosing to put your life and unfortunately the life of your child in possible violent situations. Nobody in this situation deserved anything that happened and people should take note to what drugs can do to your life.

You can only hope the father got a reality check and straightens up after this. I personally wish the family would use their story to maybe help other young families. These kids were college age just a few years out of highschool. It has been known that they all were involved in drugs and children were involved. So the family has a choice now to lay her to rest and cover it with a veil of denial about the truth or they can rally together and open up about their story and their struggles with trying to help courtney get away from the lifestyle she was getting lost in. And take it to young people everywhere so maybe these senseless crimes can be avoided. Kids and young adults need to hear the real stories of what drugs do to you not just to be told they are bad.
andjusticeforall

Cookeville, TN

#21 Mar 25, 2014
the austin guy drove to his parents/sisters house and she drove him to hospital.that,s what it says in sparta paper anyway.its none of my business .my condolences to the victims families tho.
Truth

Cookeville, TN

#22 Mar 26, 2014
Truth wrote:
Nobody deserves to die but when you choose to surround yourself with the lifestyle and people that come with drugs you are choosing to put your life and unfortunately the life of your child in possible violent situations. Nobody in this situation deserved anything that happened and people should take note to what drugs can do to your life.
You can only hope the father got a reality check and straightens up after this. I personally wish the family would use their story to maybe help other young families. These kids were college age just a few years out of highschool. It has been known that they all were involved in drugs and children were involved. So the family has a choice now to lay her to rest and cover it with a veil of denial about the truth or they can rally together and open up about their story and their struggles with trying to help courtney get away from the lifestyle she was getting lost in. And take it to young people everywhere so maybe these senseless crimes can be avoided. Kids and young adults need to hear the real stories of what drugs do to you not just to be told they are bad.
. If you don't know her or the family don't just assume things, she was a beautiful vibrant and kind young lady, you don't know she or her husband was involved in anything , or if she was the extent of it. All we know is that a horrific murder has snuffed away her life and left her friends and family devastated.
So True

Cookeville, TN

#23 Mar 26, 2014
We've known Courtney, Cara and their Mother Cindy for years. They've always been very nice. This such a devastating thing to happen. Courtney was a beautiful young lady in the prime of her life.

We need to realize that sometimes our young people befriend the wrong persons, it doesn't make her a bad person. In all the years I've known her I've never known her to do drugs.

This beautiful young lady was murdered and I can't even imagine what the family is going through. So, instead of some of you people sitting around Assuming you know what happened, and passing judgment when you're probably wrong anyways.

We need to pray for this family......... as we all struggle to understand
Devastated

Huntsville, TN

#25 Mar 26, 2014
So True wrote:
We've known Courtney, Cara and their Mother Cindy for years. They've always been very nice. This such a devastating thing to happen. Courtney was a beautiful young lady in the prime of her life.
We need to realize that sometimes our young people befriend the wrong persons, it doesn't make her a bad person. In all the years I've known her I've never known her to do drugs.
This beautiful young lady was murdered and I can't even imagine what the family is going through. So, instead of some of you people sitting around Assuming you know what happened, and passing judgment when you're probably wrong anyways.
We need to pray for this family, as we all struggle to understand
So true, we all need to pray for all involved. Including the murderer. Had it not been for drugs, I'm sure he would never have done something this awful. Drugs are of the devil. They make people do things you would never expect. It's horrible how drugs have taken over even the best of families. Never say things like this would never happen to you. You don't know. You can't predict the future for you or your family. Drugs creep up on even the best of the best. I've seen it happen first hand. I''ve seen it happen to those raised in church. To straight A honor students. It's awful. I don't know the murderer, but I did know Courtney and her family. And loved them dearly. I'm sure if Courtney had gotten on drugs it was a shock for everyone as it was to me.
God Bless these families and please Lord take them in your arms and comfort them and save them. I pray for these drug addicts to look at what can happen and get help now. And be saved. In Jesus name AMEN!!!
Cookeville

Sparta, TN

#28 Mar 26, 2014
The baby according to the obituary don't even have the baby's last name.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 4
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Cookeville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Abortion 2 hr Thanksgiving 49
Kimberly Webb and Anthony Webb 4 hr Casper 3
Give Thanks 5 hr giving 5
Institutional wholesale company (May '11) 7 hr Restlesslegsydrome 118
Is Ruth Pittman dishonest, ignorant, or senile? (Apr '14) 7 hr Smarter 23
Bad Doctors in Cookeville 13 hr Mary 5
Stevens Rentals - Are they good to work with? (May '12) 15 hr BARN LIVING IS FO... 32
Cookeville Dating
Find my Match

Cookeville People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Cookeville News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Cookeville

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]

NFL Latest News

Updated 2:50 pm PST

Bleacher Report 2:50PM
Browns Overcome Late INTs to Stun ATL
Bleacher Report 3:25 PM
With Running Game Rolling Again, Eagles Back on Right Track
NBC Sports 3:25 PM
Today in the NFL: Josh Gordon makes his return
Bleacher Report 3:37 PM
Ryan, Smith Share Blame for Wasted Opportunity
NBC Sports 8:25 PM
Is this the end of the Mike Smith era in Atlanta?