Woman Killed In Putnam Co. Identified As Johnny Cash's Great-Niece

Mar 20, 2014 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: WTVF Nashville

COOKEVILLE, Tenn. Authorities have identified the woman stabbed to death and put in a wooden box at Putnam County home as the great-niece of Johnny Cash.

Comments
1 - 20 of 63 Comments Last updated Apr 13, 2014
First Prev
of 4
Next Last
kev from Michigan

Detroit, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 20, 2014

Extremely disheartening. This murderer should be given hard labor
TTH

Cookeville, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 20, 2014

Sad but nothing new in an area dependent upon the drug trade.
auntie

Cookeville, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 21, 2014

yep u got it
Seriously

Cookeville, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 23, 2014

Judged:

If someone was stabbed in the chest and I'm a nurse why would you risk your child's life and yours to go all the way to Soarta hospital ?????????
Concerned

Cookeville, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 23, 2014

Judged:

closer to Rice Road than Cookeville hospital
Ice ice baby

Jamestown, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 24, 2014

Judged:

Yes. Much closer. And it's sad only about the baby. The rest of the story will only have you saying they all needed to go. We have enough waste of space and air druggies in the world. Maybe that little baby will now have a chance at a decent life. Truth hurts sometimes.
Well

Cookeville, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 24, 2014

So what is the rest of the story?
disgusting

Cookeville, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 24, 2014

Judged:

You people are pityful, and disgusting human being to say something so cruel. About someone who was just MURDERED regardless of what she did. Her little girl is now without a mommy.
RIP Courtney Fly High Pretty Girl
Sadd

Cookeville, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 24, 2014

Judged:

He was a murderer waiting to happen. Cara should have gotten away from him years ago.
getaclue

Tampa, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 24, 2014

Judged:

Great niece = nobody. The kinfolk connecting is lame. So what was she known for on her own?
actually

Raleigh, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 24, 2014

Judged:

Ice ice baby wrote:
Yes. Much closer. And it's sad only about the baby. The rest of the story will only have you saying they all needed to go. We have enough waste of space and air druggies in the world. Maybe that little baby will now have a chance at a decent life. Truth hurts sometimes.
You wouldn't know the truth if it slapped you in the face....No, no one deserves to die just because they do drugs, idiot
Clyde

Spartanburg, SC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 24, 2014

Judged:

No, she did not deserve to die. However, all three should have been locked up in prison for 50 years for putting that child at risk. No mother should ever allow her child to be around the criminal element.
never again

Cookeville, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 25, 2014

Judged:

they all was sorry trash,we need to get rid of all the druggies any way we can
jennifer

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 25, 2014

Judged:

Our families have known each other for over 25 years. You people make me sick. You don't know her. You have no right to judge. Her family has lost a daughter. Mother. Aunt. Ect. Everyone makes mistakes. Come forward if your perfect and are squeaky clean. Oh that's right. You can't. I'm not saying she was right but she didn't diserve this. Her family doesn't diserve this. Go do something productive instead of running your mouth about things you know nothing about. And don't forget. God judges our hearts and you should probably be worried. I'm not going to respond to any nonsense on this so really. Don't bother.
Truth

Cookeville, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 25, 2014

Judged:

Nobody deserves to die but when you choose to surround yourself with the lifestyle and people that come with drugs you are choosing to put your life and unfortunately the life of your child in possible violent situations. Nobody in this situation deserved anything that happened and people should take note to what drugs can do to your life.

You can only hope the father got a reality check and straightens up after this. I personally wish the family would use their story to maybe help other young families. These kids were college age just a few years out of highschool. It has been known that they all were involved in drugs and children were involved. So the family has a choice now to lay her to rest and cover it with a veil of denial about the truth or they can rally together and open up about their story and their struggles with trying to help courtney get away from the lifestyle she was getting lost in. And take it to young people everywhere so maybe these senseless crimes can be avoided. Kids and young adults need to hear the real stories of what drugs do to you not just to be told they are bad.
andjusticeforall

Cookeville, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 25, 2014

Judged:

the austin guy drove to his parents/sisters house and she drove him to hospital.that,s what it says in sparta paper anyway.its none of my business .my condolences to the victims families tho.
Truth

Cookeville, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 26, 2014

Judged:

Truth wrote:
Nobody deserves to die but when you choose to surround yourself with the lifestyle and people that come with drugs you are choosing to put your life and unfortunately the life of your child in possible violent situations. Nobody in this situation deserved anything that happened and people should take note to what drugs can do to your life.
You can only hope the father got a reality check and straightens up after this. I personally wish the family would use their story to maybe help other young families. These kids were college age just a few years out of highschool. It has been known that they all were involved in drugs and children were involved. So the family has a choice now to lay her to rest and cover it with a veil of denial about the truth or they can rally together and open up about their story and their struggles with trying to help courtney get away from the lifestyle she was getting lost in. And take it to young people everywhere so maybe these senseless crimes can be avoided. Kids and young adults need to hear the real stories of what drugs do to you not just to be told they are bad.
. If you don't know her or the family don't just assume things, she was a beautiful vibrant and kind young lady, you don't know she or her husband was involved in anything , or if she was the extent of it. All we know is that a horrific murder has snuffed away her life and left her friends and family devastated.
So True

Cookeville, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 26, 2014

Judged:

We've known Courtney, Cara and their Mother Cindy for years. They've always been very nice. This such a devastating thing to happen. Courtney was a beautiful young lady in the prime of her life.

We need to realize that sometimes our young people befriend the wrong persons, it doesn't make her a bad person. In all the years I've known her I've never known her to do drugs.

This beautiful young lady was murdered and I can't even imagine what the family is going through. So, instead of some of you people sitting around Assuming you know what happened, and passing judgment when you're probably wrong anyways.

We need to pray for this family......... as we all struggle to understand
Devastated

Oneida, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 26, 2014

Judged:

So True wrote:
We've known Courtney, Cara and their Mother Cindy for years. They've always been very nice. This such a devastating thing to happen. Courtney was a beautiful young lady in the prime of her life.
We need to realize that sometimes our young people befriend the wrong persons, it doesn't make her a bad person. In all the years I've known her I've never known her to do drugs.
This beautiful young lady was murdered and I can't even imagine what the family is going through. So, instead of some of you people sitting around Assuming you know what happened, and passing judgment when you're probably wrong anyways.
We need to pray for this family, as we all struggle to understand
So true, we all need to pray for all involved. Including the murderer. Had it not been for drugs, I'm sure he would never have done something this awful. Drugs are of the devil. They make people do things you would never expect. It's horrible how drugs have taken over even the best of families. Never say things like this would never happen to you. You don't know. You can't predict the future for you or your family. Drugs creep up on even the best of the best. I've seen it happen first hand. I''ve seen it happen to those raised in church. To straight A honor students. It's awful. I don't know the murderer, but I did know Courtney and her family. And loved them dearly. I'm sure if Courtney had gotten on drugs it was a shock for everyone as it was to me.
God Bless these families and please Lord take them in your arms and comfort them and save them. I pray for these drug addicts to look at what can happen and get help now. And be saved. In Jesus name AMEN!!!
Cookeville

Raleigh, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 26, 2014

Judged:

The baby according to the obituary don't even have the baby's last name.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

First Prev
of 4
Next Last
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

71 Users are viewing the Cookeville Forum right now

Search the Cookeville Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
byran marshall 18 min meatball 1
Norwalk propertry (Mar '13) 31 min property assesor 16
TN Who do you support for Governor in Tennessee in... (Oct '10) 43 min Irving 141,540
Democrat Obama is Making JOBS America. (Apr '12) 1 hr Omar 50
TN Should state mandate immunizations? New require... (May '11) 2 hr Zeke 8,980
Megan Rice, use to be Atchison 3 hr TennFan 1
Chris mcbroom (Jun '13) 3 hr honest resident 10
Shutdown UCDD and UCHRA 19 hr old soldier 39
Soon to be Sheriff Farris 20 hr Sarah Beth 44
•••
•••
•••
•••

Cookeville Jobs

•••