Local parade this sunday(why are the vets not represented)???????

Posted in the Connersville Forum

Comments
1 - 20 of 36 Comments Last updated Jul 31, 2012
First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Bystander

Connersville, IN

#1 Jul 27, 2012
sad sad sad!!!!!!!!!!
vet

Connersville, IN

#2 Jul 27, 2012
How many vets can you count that is elected to any office in this county?

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#3 Jul 27, 2012
Well, you have Veterans Day, Memorial Day, and Armed Forces Day just to name a few. Not to disrespect any veteran but not every event needs to include them. Do you send an invite to all veterans to your birthday party?
hmmm

Connersville, IN

#4 Jul 27, 2012
I believe it is open for anyone who wants to be in it. If you want to represent the vets put something together and do that.
what

Connersville, IN

#5 Jul 27, 2012
We have vets that actually went to Iraq and Afganistan here in COnnersville?

I agree it is sad that the vets in this county are not included in the parade. I am proud of the vets, who made it home.
seriously

United States

#6 Jul 27, 2012
what wrote:
We have vets that actually went to Iraq and Afganistan here in COnnersville?
I agree it is sad that the vets in this county are not included in the parade. I am proud of the vets, who made it home.
there are a lot of young veterans who have been to iraq and afghanistan from connersville that are my age I'm 24 and I can think of a few andy lakes bronson white andrew bunch kenny bloom tommy brewer that's just the ones I know of how many other there are I'm not sure but there is defintly a few from connersville..
patriot

Greensburg, IN

#7 Jul 27, 2012
It does not matter which branch of service, or which war they were involved in, our Vets need to be recognized. It will be sad watching the parade and not seeing any kind of tribute to our veterans. It really is a shame that not one of the organizations involved, or any of the clubs thought to have something in the parade. Out-side-the box, yes we have those days to honor veterans and they have turned into nothing more than an excuse to be off work and for some an excuse to get drunk. I remember the veterans parade that used to be held every year. It was my favorite because of honoring the soldiers. I guess thanking the men and women who have protected us for generations is asking too much. Maybe some of you would rather be speaking German or Japanese now, or have a number tatooed on your wrist and exterminated. You may sit behind your typewriter and point out that there are days for veterans, but if I had to bet, you have never put on a uniform in your life.
what

Columbus, OH

#9 Jul 27, 2012
if it was open to anyone to sign up, maybe the vets could have signed up and put something together instead of expecting someone else to do it?

if there are no vets in office in the county, maybe they should run more in the elections?

don't gripe if you don't make an effort
Pvt Percifull

Wheatland, IN

#10 Jul 27, 2012
Ah, quit your cryin' you bunch of mama's boys. You volunteered. You did your job. You helped save our 'freedom'*coughs*. You panzy azzed maggots want a pat on the butt, or should we go get your mommies for ya?

This fair is a local hoopty doo for the 'rural' population, who feed you Sgt. Slaughters. Let's not forget who this is for.

Now, bend over and spread your cheeks. LMAO!!!
thanx

Fremont, IN

#11 Jul 27, 2012
Some gave all.
what

Connersville, IN

#14 Jul 27, 2012
what wrote:
if it was open to anyone to sign up, maybe the vets could have signed up and put something together instead of expecting someone else to do it?
if there are no vets in office in the county, maybe they should run more in the elections?
don't gripe if you don't make an effort
I think the Country Officials in Government should see to it our Veterans are on the biggest Float in the parade!
Patriot

Greensburg, IN

#16 Jul 28, 2012
Pvt Percifull wrote:
Ah, quit your cryin' you bunch of mama's boys. You volunteered. You did your job. You helped save our 'freedom'*coughs*. You panzy azzed maggots want a pat on the butt, or should we go get your mommies for ya?
This fair is a local hoopty doo for the 'rural' population, who feed you Sgt. Slaughters. Let's not forget who this is for.
Now, bend over and spread your cheeks. LMAO!!!
You better believe you owe your Freedom to the vets in this country. From the very first American soldiers who fought the British to the ones serving today. You can even thank them for your right to your very disrespectful opinion....I come from a family of veterans and we were taught something that is very lacking from your education, you respect the members of the military and the country they represent. To the Vets out there, Thank You! Ignore the comments of the arrogant. WWII, Korea, Vietnam, Dessert Storm, Iraq, Afghanistan === What you have all sacrificed for this country is greatly admired by many. To the Fayette County Politicians --- YOU should have made sure the military was represented in the parade. You politicians would not be free to serve if not for our brave men and women in the military. If you are free to speak your opinion today -- Thank a Vet!!!!!!
Veteran

Fremont, IN

#17 Jul 28, 2012
Patriot wrote:
<quoted text>
You better believe you owe your Freedom to the vets in this country. From the very first American soldiers who fought the British to the ones serving today. You can even thank them for your right to your very disrespectful opinion....I come from a family of veterans and we were taught something that is very lacking from your education, you respect the members of the military and the country they represent. To the Vets out there, Thank You! Ignore the comments of the arrogant. WWII, Korea, Vietnam, Dessert Storm, Iraq, Afghanistan === What you have all sacrificed for this country is greatly admired by many. To the Fayette County Politicians --- YOU should have made sure the military was represented in the parade. You politicians would not be free to serve if not for our brave men and women in the military. If you are free to speak your opinion today -- Thank a Vet!!!!!!
Amen my brother!
hmmmmm

Connersville, IN

#18 Jul 28, 2012
my son served in the military, 2 tours in Afghanastan, got an education, and lives 1000 miles away, no jobs for them to come back to here in Connersville. How sad!!!
Observer

Chicago, IL

#19 Jul 28, 2012
If the Vets wanted to be in the parade they had the same oppurtunity to contact parade organizers like everyone else. Not everything needs to have a tribute to them. I'm not a veteran but my father and husband are, and they both agree with me.
Warden

Richmond, IN

#20 Jul 28, 2012
Did anyone consider calling the American Legion or Amvets? They would know if our Vets are included in the parade. If they haven't put a float in the parade then, shame on them. I remember in previous years that they participated...just saying.
lolha

Connersville, IN

#21 Jul 28, 2012
So again Connersville proves that people want everything done for them and will bitch and moan and avoid all responsibility, because someone else should see to stuff for them. Who needs effort or work or responsibility?

If the vets wanted to be in the parade, THEY HAD TIME TO DO IT. Crazy Acres had time to be in it, but none of YOU had time to ask about vets being in it or call the Legion Post? None of you vets bothered to ask either?

Be mad at your lazy selves for not signing up and not contacting the local vets... and then having the nerve to be a bunch of crybabies when your lack of drive comes back to bite you.

But hey, all you'll see in this town is "OMG THEY'RE NOT DOING SOMETHING THAT I WANT WHEN THEY TOTALLY SHOULD BE DOING IT (BUT NOT ME BECAUSE I AM TOO LAZY TO ACTUALLY DO ANYTHING OTHER THAN SIT ON MY ASS AND BE OFFENDED) AND ANYONE WHO DISAGREES IS A DEMON!"

DOWNVOTE ME BRO.
sassafras

Wilmington, IL

#22 Jul 28, 2012
thank you "out-side-the-box" for reminding us how much we love our vets

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#23 Jul 28, 2012
patriot wrote:
It does not matter which branch of service, or which war they were involved in, our Vets need to be recognized. It will be sad watching the parade and not seeing any kind of tribute to our veterans. It really is a shame that not one of the organizations involved, or any of the clubs thought to have something in the parade. Out-side-the box, yes we have those days to honor veterans and they have turned into nothing more than an excuse to be off work and for some an excuse to get drunk. I remember the veterans parade that used to be held every year. It was my favorite because of honoring the soldiers. I guess thanking the men and women who have protected us for generations is asking too much. Maybe some of you would rather be speaking German or Japanese now, or have a number tatooed on your wrist and exterminated. You may sit behind your typewriter and point out that there are days for veterans, but if I had to bet, you have never put on a uniform in your life.
For your information sir or ma'am, I wore a United States Army uniform for 5 years and did a tour in Bosnia during the heated issues there. Did I serve in wartime, no, but I did serve. Before you assume you should ask. I'm simply stating that veterans don't need to be included in everything under the sun.

Since: Mar 11

Connersville, IN

#24 Jul 28, 2012
Outside-the-box wrote:
<quoted text>
For your information sir or ma'am, I wore a United States Army uniform for 5 years and did a tour in Bosnia during the heated issues there. Did I serve in wartime, no, but I did serve. Before you assume you should ask. I'm simply stating that veterans don't need to be included in everything under the sun.
Don't Bosnia look alot like Indiana except the homes and buildings have holes in them?

You are under the sun. Are you on reserve in case Iran or Isreal get hanky? I hope so so I can not include you. Bye.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Connersville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
OTs Dating Thread # 6 (Aug '13) 5 min What a Fool Believes 4,526
Name An Interesting Fact 27 min myth buster 53
Raises projected for Fayette County in 2015 35 min Hopeful 8
Word Association Game (Jan '10) 1 hr 40ish 3,714
Keep A Word, Drop A Word (Mar '10) 1 hr 40ish 7,974
End of the Word Game (Nov '10) 1 hr 40ish 6,895
Four Vowel Word Game (Jul '13) 1 hr Vector aka Victor... 1,506
Friendship thread (Feb '13) 7 hr SarahfromGarden 567
Affair 17 hr that guy 16
•••