First Prev
of 5
Next Last

“Shadowville All-Stars”

Since: Dec 08

Columbus, GA

#113 Aug 11, 2012
Old_Crow wrote:
<quoted text>
----------
Read Obama's speech.
Exactly, where Obama's "You didn't build this" statement can be read in context:

http://factcheck.org/2012/07/you-didnt-build-...

Obama made his remarks at a July 13 campaign appearance in Virginia. The president was speaking against Romneyís proposal to retain the Bush-era tax cuts and cut federal tax rates an additional 20 percent across the board for all taxpayers.
Hereís what he said:
Obama, July 13: There are a lot of wealthy, successful Americans who agree with me ó because they want to give something back. They know they didnít ó look, if youíve been successful, you didnít get there on your own. You didnít get there on your own. Iím always struck by people who think, well, it must be because I was just so smart. There are a lot of smart people out there. It must be because I worked harder than everybody else. Let me tell you something ó there are a whole bunch of hardworking people out there.(Applause.) If you were successful, somebody along the line gave you some help. There was a great teacher somewhere in your life. Somebody helped to create this unbelievable American system that we have that allowed you to thrive. Somebody invested in roads and bridges. If youíve got a business ó you didnít build that. Somebody else made that happen. The Internet didnít get invented on its own. Government research created the Internet so that all the companies could make money off the Internet. The point is, is that when we succeed, we succeed because of our individual initiative, but also because we do things together. There are some things, just like fighting fires, we donít do on our own. I mean, imagine if everybody had their own fire service. That would be a hard way to organize fighting fires. So we say to ourselves, ever since the founding of this country, you know what, there are some things we do better together. Thatís how we funded the GI Bill. Thatís how we created the middle class. Thatís how we built the Golden Gate Bridge or the Hoover Dam. Thatís how we invented the Internet. Thatís how we sent a man to the moon. We rise or fall together as one nation and as one people, and thatís the reason Iím running for President ó because I still believe in that idea. Youíre not on your own, weíre in this together.
***

--
Music & poetry from Will Dockery & Friends:
http://www.reverbnation.com/willdockery

“I see you”

Since: Oct 10

CSU

#114 Aug 11, 2012
Will Dockery wrote:
<quoted text>
Exactly, where Obama's "You didn't build this" statement can be read in context:
http://factcheck.org/2012/07/you-didnt-build-...
Obama made his remarks at a July 13 campaign appearance in Virginia. The president was speaking against Romneyís proposal to retain the Bush-era tax cuts and cut federal tax rates an additional 20 percent across the board for all taxpayers.
Hereís what he said:
Obama, July 13: There are a lot of wealthy, successful Americans who agree with me ó because they want to give something back. They know they didnít ó look, if youíve been successful, you didnít get there on your own. You didnít get there on your own. Iím always struck by people who think, well, it must be because I was just so smart. There are a lot of smart people out there. It must be because I worked harder than everybody else. Let me tell you something ó there are a whole bunch of hardworking people out there.(Applause.) If you were successful, somebody along the line gave you some help. There was a great teacher somewhere in your life. Somebody helped to create this unbelievable American system that we have that allowed you to thrive. Somebody invested in roads and bridges. If youíve got a business ó you didnít build that. Somebody else made that happen. The Internet didnít get invented on its own. Government research created the Internet so that all the companies could make money off the Internet. The point is, is that when we succeed, we succeed because of our individual initiative, but also because we do things together. There are some things, just like fighting fires, we donít do on our own. I mean, imagine if everybody had their own fire service. That would be a hard way to organize fighting fires. So we say to ourselves, ever since the founding of this country, you know what, there are some things we do better together. Thatís how we funded the GI Bill. Thatís how we created the middle class. Thatís how we built the Golden Gate Bridge or the Hoover Dam. Thatís how we invented the Internet. Thatís how we sent a man to the moon. We rise or fall together as one nation and as one people, and thatís the reason Iím running for President ó because I still believe in that idea. Youíre not on your own, weíre in this together.
***
--
Music & poetry from Will Dockery & Friends:
http://www.reverbnation.com/willdockery
I saw the entire speech on CSPAN and was appalled, thanks for posting this Will Dockery. Hopefully many will read this and see what we elected and not make the same mistake twice.
Mt dad is a lifelong democrat and a partner in a local business. He will vote for the first Republican ever in this upcoming election.

“Shadowville All-Stars”

Since: Dec 08

Columbus, GA

#115 Aug 11, 2012
Columbus Native wrote:
"Read my lips" No new Republicans.
I agree with that... except too bad we can seem to find any decent Democrats either.
Hank

Phenix City, AL

#116 Aug 11, 2012
Will Dockery wrote:
<quoted text>
I agree with that... except too bad we can seem to find any decent Democrats either.
I bet your butt gets Awful Chapped from scootching back and forth on that fence like that.
Face it.
You're a liberal and everyone knows it.

“Shadowville All-Stars”

Since: Dec 08

Columbus, GA

#117 Aug 11, 2012
Hank wrote:
<quoted text>
I bet your butt gets Awful
Why is it no surprise that you wind up thinking of my "butt", my anonymous little obsesso?

“Shadowville All-Stars”

Since: Dec 08

Columbus, GA

#118 Aug 11, 2012
Hank wrote:
<quoted text>
You're a liberal
Not at all.

I'm voting for Gary Johnson this year as everyone with reading comprehension knows, so I reckon that makes me a "Libertarian" this year, which is fine because I'm sick and tired of /both/ Democrat and Republican at this point.

Glad to clear up your confusion here on this, "Hank".

--
Music & poetry from Will Dockery & Friends:
http://www.reverbnation.com/willdockery
Lickskillet

Columbus, GA

#119 Aug 11, 2012
Obama is going to need your vote. Don't jump ship.
You ride it all the way down to the bottom with your Captain Disaster Obama, no lifeboats on the SS Democrat party.
Hank

Phenix City, AL

#120 Aug 11, 2012
Yeah Will.
Ride that chapped butt, fence ridin' 100 pound Q-Tip head all the way to the bottom where you deserve to be and cry, cry, cry.
You can even write a song about how ridin' fences was a bad way to go.

“Shadowville All-Stars”

Since: Dec 08

Columbus, GA

#121 Aug 11, 2012
Hank wrote:
Yeah Will.
Ride that chapped butt, fence ridin'
Your reading comprehension problem is noted again, "Hank", since I've repeatedly made my position on the 2012 election lear for months.

I don't trust either Republicans or Democrats, and an voting third party, for Gary Johnson, this year.

Y'all sheep can have your Romney & Obama.

'Nuff said.

--
Music & poetry from Will Dockery & Friends:
http://www.reverbnation.com/willdockery

“Shadowville All-Stars”

Since: Dec 08

Columbus, GA

#122 Aug 11, 2012
Lickskillet wrote:
Obama is going to need your vote
According to the most recent polls Obama is ahead of Romney... or do you have a link to some I haven't seen, "Lick"?

“Shadowville All-Stars”

Since: Dec 08

Columbus, GA

#123 Aug 11, 2012
___Lorri___ wrote:
<quoted text>
I saw the entire speech on CSPAN and was appalled, thanks for posting this Will Dockery. Hopefully many will read this and see what we elected and not make the same mistake twice.
Mt dad is a lifelong democrat and a partner in a local business. He will vote for the first Republican ever in this upcoming election.
I agree with your dad on this, Lorri, and I've voted Democrat since Jimmy Carter.

Rather than going Republican (who I trust less than even Obama) I've chosen to support the growing third party this year and vote for Gary Johnson.

--
Music & poetry from Will Dockery & Friends:
http://www.reverbnation.com/willdockery
Hank

Phenix City, AL

#124 Aug 11, 2012
Will Dockery wrote:
<quoted text>
Your reading comprehension problem is noted again, "Hank", since I've repeatedly made my position on the 2012 election lear for months.
I don't trust either Republicans or Democrats, and an voting third party, for Gary Johnson, this year.
Y'all sheep can have your Romney & Obama.
'Nuff said.
--
Music & poetry from Will Dockery & Friends:
http://www.reverbnation.com/willdockery
Ride that fence lib.
You know what a vote for Johnson is.
Excellent fence riding rhetoric.
It's like building an alibi.
Ride!

“Shadowville All-Stars”

Since: Dec 08

Columbus, GA

#125 Aug 11, 2012
Hank wrote:
You know what a vote for Johnson is.
Obviously it is a vote for "none of the above", since I'm not thrilled by either Romney or Obama, and don't trust either of the two main parties.

Plus Gary Johnson has some cool ideas on legalizing weed... heh.

Not that I'd smoke any, mind you.

--
Music & poetry from Will Dockery & Friends:
http://www.reverbnation.com/willdockery
BHK

Columbus, GA

#128 Aug 12, 2012
At first I was voting against Obama, now I am really liking what Romney and team are saying. Can they pull it off? I sure hope so!

“Shadowville All-Stars”

Since: Dec 08

Columbus, GA

#129 Aug 12, 2012
BHK wrote:
At first I was voting against Obama, now I am really liking what Romney and team are saying. Can they pull it off? I sure hope so!
Does look like Romney's picking up steam since he added Ryan to the ticket yesterday.

Since: Mar 12

Atlanta, GA

#130 Aug 12, 2012
___Lorri___ wrote:
<quoted text>
I saw the entire speech on CSPAN and was appalled, thanks for posting this Will Dockery. Hopefully many will read this and see what we elected and not make the same mistake twice.
Mt dad is a lifelong democrat and a partner in a local business. He will vote for the first Republican ever in this upcoming election.
Glad to see you on Topix again Lorri, hope you are doing good. None of you guys get on here much anymore. I was planning on coming down for a weekend if you and Jeff and anyone else want to go out with us.
Does Columbus have any kind of Octoberfest celebrations or anything like that?

You are right about Obama, I don't know anyone who is voting for him. I think it goes beyond being a Dem or Rep, he is just a really bad President, probably the worst in recent times.

“Shadowville All-Stars”

Since: Dec 08

Columbus, GA

#131 Aug 12, 2012
_Zipper_ wrote:
<quoted text>
Glad to see you on Topix again Lorri, hope you are doing good. None of you guys get on here much anymore. I was planning on coming down for a weekend if you and Jeff and anyone else want to go out with us.
Does Columbus have any kind of Octoberfest celebrations or anything like that?
You are right about Obama, I don't know anyone who is voting for him. I think it goes beyond being a Dem or Rep, he is just a really bad President, probably the worst in recent times.
Heck!

I'm not even voting for Obama!

--
Twilight Girl / Will Dockery & Henry Conley
http://youtu.be/BYETTK16jQI

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 5
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Columbus Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Janice Ford 16 hr James 1
News Flash 22 hr Mr Snyder 1
Obamaís and Democratís Illegals Thu David53g 1
Review: CHAPLAIN PAUL VOORHEES MINISTRIES Nov 19 Enemy Mine 8
Debate: Marijuana - Columbus, GA (Aug '10) Nov 18 ken 132
Is Today's Explicit Music Affecting Our Childre... Nov 18 Truth 3
Firm Roberts Cafe Nov 18 WANT2-KNOWHY 5
Columbus Dating
Find my Match

Columbus People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Columbus News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Columbus

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]

NFL Latest News

Updated 10:19 pm PST

Bleacher Report10:19PM
What Are Experts Saying About Indianapolis?
NBC Sports 8:39 AM
Steven Jackson, Julio Jones practicing Friday
Bleacher Report 1:17 PM
Blake Bortles Reportedly Broke Up with Girlfriend Lindsey Duke
NBC Sports 2:24 PM
Column: NFL should realign after NFC South debacle - NBC Sports
NBC Sports 2:32 PM
Roman Harper fined $8,268 for unnecessary roughness