Comments
1 - 20 of 32 Comments Last updated Jun 6, 2013
First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Wondering

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#1
Mar 14, 2012
 
Does anyone know who was running from the police on the parkway from Russell to Columbia? I know they were at excessive speeds over 100 mph and they eventually wrecked on 61 due to loss of control with high speeds playing a factor. Any info? Where there any passengers or any injuries?
CANDI

Burkesville, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#2
Mar 14, 2012
 
He was running 120 miles per hour when he wrecked..if he is alive, it is a miracle. The black GMC pick up truck is tore all to pieces. It was from Russell County.
maria

Columbia, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#3
Mar 14, 2012
 
The girls name was Jamie does anyone know her last name
know

Elizabethtown, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#4
Mar 14, 2012
 
Heard helicopters landed at the scene!
police

Elizabethtown, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#5
Mar 14, 2012
 
Just found out its Christopher and Jamie Benham
the news

Burkesville, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#6
Mar 15, 2012
 
article about this chase is on adair county community voice

www.accvonline.com
flash

Jamestown, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#7
Mar 15, 2012
 
police wrote:
Just found out its Christopher and Jamie Benham
Sounds like Bonnie & Clyde. What about that constable claiming he was driving 130 mph when he tried the NASCAR move? Hope he was using Z rated tires for the safety of others on the road driving wild like that .
Nothing But Trouble

Erlanger, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#8
Mar 15, 2012
 
Not the first time these 2 have been in trouble with the law .......

On May 31, 2006, a vehicle belonging to Christopher Benham was located, abandoned in a rural area of Adair County. Evidence at the scene suggested Mr. Benham was missing under suspicious circumstances. Trooper B.J. Burton began a missing person investigation and Mr. Benham was entered into the national crime information system. Many hours were expended following leads and rumors, some of which suggested Mr. Benham was deceased, while others purported him to be alive and well.

After receiving a tip, Kentucky State Police Detective Tony Wells and Captain Greg Speck searched Mr. Benham's residence on Wain Street in Columbia. Mr. Benham was located in the attic of the home, where he has apparently been living with his wife, Jamie Benham, since faking his disappearance. Mr. Benham was arrested and charged with Tampering with Physical Evidence and Falsely Reporting an Incident. He also faces Theft, Terrorist Threatening, and Assault Charges, which were pending before he went missing
sadd

Elizabethtown, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#9
Mar 15, 2012
 
Nothing But Trouble wrote:
Not the first time these 2 have been in trouble with the law .......
On May 31, 2006, a vehicle belonging to Christopher Benham was located, abandoned in a rural area of Adair County. Evidence at the scene suggested Mr. Benham was missing under suspicious circumstances. Trooper B.J. Burton began a missing person investigation and Mr. Benham was entered into the national crime information system. Many hours were expended following leads and rumors, some of which suggested Mr. Benham was deceased, while others purported him to be alive and well.
After receiving a tip, Kentucky State Police Detective Tony Wells and Captain Greg Speck searched Mr. Benham's residence on Wain Street in Columbia. Mr. Benham was located in the attic of the home, where he has apparently been living with his wife, Jamie Benham, since faking his disappearance. Mr. Benham was arrested and charged with Tampering with Physical Evidence and Falsely Reporting an Incident. He also faces Theft, Terrorist Threatening, and Assault Charges, which were pending before he went missing
i knew i had heard that name some where! lollol
my thoughts

Burkesville, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#10
Mar 15, 2012
 

Judged:

2

2

1

You know it takes as much time to send prayers up for people as it does to critisize. For the sake of their families I would hope we could be more compassionate. They have children that love them regardless of what opinions we all form. As a christian, I will pray for their recovery and for their families that are suffering through all this.
Family

Columbia, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#11
Mar 15, 2012
 

Judged:

2

1

1

Well as part of his family. We are really not suffering!!!!!
Just me

Columbia, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#12
Mar 15, 2012
 

Judged:

2

1

1

Nothing But Trouble wrote:
Not the first time these 2 have been in trouble with the law .......
On May 31, 2006, a vehicle belonging to Christopher Benham was located, abandoned in a rural area of Adair County. Evidence at the scene suggested Mr. Benham was missing under suspicious circumstances. Trooper B.J. Burton began a missing person investigation and Mr. Benham was entered into the national crime information system. Many hours were expended following leads and rumors, some of which suggested Mr. Benham was deceased, while others purported him to be alive and well.
After receiving a tip, Kentucky State Police Detective Tony Wells and Captain Greg Speck searched Mr. Benham's residence on Wain Street in Columbia. Mr. Benham was located in the attic of the home, where he has apparently been living with his wife, Jamie Benham, since faking his disappearance. Mr. Benham was arrested and charged with Tampering with Physical Evidence and Falsely Reporting an Incident. He also faces Theft, Terrorist Threatening, and Assault Charges, which were pending before he went missing
I saw this on T.V. here while back, it was on that show I almost got away with it. I remember it because it blew my mind that they had a little town like Columbia on a show like that, it showed the courthouse and everything. I think it said there was blood all over the car they really tried to make it look good. It is a shame that two people that pay that much attention to detail and think everything through so good trying not to forget a single thing can turn out to be such dumba$$es. I thought the best part of the whole show was that his mother-in-law was the one who turned him in and got her daughter out of the house long enough for the police to go in and get him. The mom might be smart but the daughter sure ain't.
Obvious

Bowling Green, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#13
Mar 16, 2012
 

Judged:

1

1

1

By all means let him out again so he can continue to be a tv star! I didn't know I could fake my own kidnapping/murder and be free to commit more crimes within 5 years! But it seems the judge there grants many chances for repeat offenders! Maybe you should consider these types of things at election time!!
my opinion

Burkesville, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#14
Mar 16, 2012
 

Judged:

3

3

2

Just me wrote:
<quoted text>
I saw this on T.V. here while back, it was on that show I almost got away with it. I remember it because it blew my mind that they had a little town like Columbia on a show like that, it showed the courthouse and everything. I think it said there was blood all over the car they really tried to make it look good. It is a shame that two people that pay that much attention to detail and think everything through so good trying not to forget a single thing can turn out to be such dumba$$es. I thought the best part of the whole show was that his mother-in-law was the one who turned him in and got her daughter out of the house long enough for the police to go in and get him. The mom might be smart but the daughter sure ain't.
People that are smart enough to go into details like this should put their time into getting a job and being an assest to society.
come on

Jamestown, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#15
Mar 16, 2012
 

Judged:

2

1

1

my opinion wrote:
<quoted text>
People that are smart enough to go into details like this should put their time into getting a job and being an assest to society.
well said
One time friend

Columbia, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#16
Mar 17, 2012
 
Anyone heard any news about how chris is doing.
anyone know

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#17
Mar 17, 2012
 
WHERE did he wreck on KY61? I heard once it was on newly opened section but later heard its incorrect, its on old narrow part thats still open, 3 miles south of walmart. It wud be a shame to hace someone wreck even in this case, on a new, safe road whats wide and straight. Keep this guy off our road.
short order

Elizabethtown, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#18
Mar 18, 2012
 

Judged:

4

2

my opinion wrote:
<quoted text>
People that are smart enough to go into details like this should put their time into getting a job and being an assest to society.
Chris Benham has never done an honest days work in his life. Probably the only work he has done was trying to figure how to cheat people, steal or get something dishonest. To people like him, it's easier to steal than it is to work and make money to buy what he needs.
LOL

Columbia, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#19
Mar 24, 2012
 
I hope he stays in jail a long time.
maria

Columbia, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#20
Mar 24, 2012
 
They can't find him. Now

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

30 Users are viewing the Columbia Forum right now

Search the Columbia Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
KY 'Fox News Sunday' to Host Kentucky Senate Debate (Oct '10) 8 min The Apostle 147,266
five star bought out gate stores 3 hr Skinny 8
Westlake Debt Growing 4 hr Skinny 146
Bible study rules for public schools proposed (Feb '10) 4 hr Night Fury 129,042
taylor family (May '09) 11 hr roi1 17
Billy Rowe Sour Puss 12 hr roi1 5
a** play with oral.. 12 hr big daddy 29
•••
•••
•••
•••

Columbia Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Columbia People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••

Columbia News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Columbia
•••

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]
•••