'Fox News Sunday' to Host Kentucky Senate Debate

Oct 1, 2010 | Posted by: Top Mod2 | Full story: thecaucus.blogs.nytimes.com

"Fox News Sunday" is heading to Louisville, Ky. Jack Conway, Kentucky's attorney general and the Democratic candidate for Senate , and Rand Paul, the Republican nominee and son of Representative Ron Paul, Republican of Texas, have agreed to a live debate on "Fox News Sunday" on Oct.3 at 9 a.m. (Eastern time).

Comments
39,201 - 39,220 of 147,246 Comments Last updated 1 hr ago
We won

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 2, 2012

DBWriter wrote:
This is definitely a case where the definition of "tax" has been corrupted to mean an inaction can be "taxed."
According to this ruling, a person can be "taxed" if they don't travel once a day on a certain street, for example.
That one won't work but other ones to consider:

Pay a tax if you don't belong to a union.
Pay a tax if you don't have any minority ancestry.
Pay a tax if you don't vote democrat.
whitehair

Eminence, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 2, 2012

No talk show is speiling about it,no one is telling about it,but have heard the Health Care of Obama`s also has a new tax on the value you receive for selling your home.Anyone know of this?Is it in the Health Bill of standing alone?
whitehair

Eminence, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 2, 2012

Judged:

DBWriter wrote:
I'd like to know how Roberts defines "tax."
It seems to me, a "tax" is something that is applied to some action, like purchase or working for wages or making a profit or importing, etc., etc., etc.
This is definitely a case where the definition of "tax" has been corrupted to mean an inaction can be "taxed."
According to this ruling, a person can be "taxed" if they don't travel once a day on a certain street, for example.
This is just one more case that proves 5 justices are better than 9 justices. We need to go back to the original definition of the Supreme Court before FDR stacked it to ensure all of his agenda would pass regardless of constitutionality. Today, the Supreme Court can accurately be described as schizophrenic.
Totally agree.The system is broken when not only does the President and Congress,but now the SCOTUS does things that are no sense at all and seem to do damage to the good of the Country.
This is the reason I jumpd onto the Tea Party motto of back to the Constitution,term limits,Congress could pass no law that does not equally apply to Congress(in effect putting them on the same SS# and Health Care they put on "we the people):. Does any one think they would have robbed the SS# funds if they were to receive them for their old age?Does anyone think they would have saddled the people with this Health Care Bill if they had to be recipients of it instead of their own? No way!!
wtf

Benham, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 2, 2012

DBWriter wrote:
I'd like to know how Roberts defines "tax."
It seems to me, a "tax" is something that is applied to some action, like purchase or working for wages or making a profit or importing, etc., etc., etc.
This is just one more case that proves 5 justices are better than 9 justices. We need to go back to the original definition of the Supreme Court before FDR stacked it to ensure all of his agenda would pass regardless of constitutionality. Today, the Supreme Court can accurately be described as schizophrenic.
Go do some offshore drilling doofus.
whitehair

Eminence, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 2, 2012

Many of us have always had Health Care Insurance from the time we went to work.Many carry Insurance supplemental into retirement.It is true we need to take care of the ones that can not work,can not find work,but not the ones that won`t work.Not the illegals,and just what is the sense in this Nation giving money it has to borrow,to other nations?
Again,the system is broken!!Vote Tea Party this November,it might be,we could make that" CHANGE" talked about.

Many will "slam" this because they do not wish to give up what is known,for what would cause them to get out of bed.
wtf

Benham, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 2, 2012

whitehair wrote:
<quoted text>
Totally agree.The system is broken when not only does the President and Congress,but now the SCOTUS does things that are no sense at all and seem to do damage to the good of the Country.
This is the reason I jumpd onto the Tea Party motto of back to the Constitution,term limits,Congress could pass no law that does not equally apply to Congress(in effect putting them on the same SS# and Health Care they put on "we the people):. Does any one think they would have robbed the SS# funds if they were to receive them for their old age?Does anyone think they would have saddled the people with this Health Care Bill if they had to be recipients of it instead of their own? No way!!
There are no term limits in the Constitution you dumbass.
wtf

Benham, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 2, 2012

whitehair wrote:
No talk show is speiling about it,no one is telling about it,but have heard the Health Care of Obama`s also has a new tax on the value you receive for selling your home.Anyone know of this?Is it in the Health Bill of standing alone?
You stupid SOB.
whitehair

Eminence, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 2, 2012

Returning to the Constitution would make it possible for the Nation to understand this is an effort to remove the dead wood.You have also exceeded the time allowed for you to be on this topix.Better leave!!
frank

Oakland, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 2, 2012

Jay wrote:
Dated: June 21, 2012
When the U.S. Supreme Court releases its decision on the fate of the Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act, Justice Elena Kagan will cast a vote that should not have been counted.
The relevant rule requires that Supreme Court justices recuse themselves if in their previous capacity they served as "counselor or advisor" concerning a current matter before the Court, or if there is anything about the proceeding by which the justice's impartiality can reasonably be called into question
At any rate, she had in fact participated as "counselor or advisor" of the law when she was solicitor general, and she is clearly not impartial about the fate of ObamaCare, so she should recuse herself in this case
But she won't. The problem is that recusal of a Supreme Court justice is self-executing. That is, the Supreme Court justice has to do it herself.
As sitting Supreme Court justice, Elena Kagan could very well be deciding on responses to arguments that she herself had helped formulate when she was solicitor general.
So, in other words, she was involved in formulating a decision re: Obamacare, and she got to vote on it. How is that right? This is a sham, and she should never have been allowed to sit on the SC and vote on it.
Conflict of interest, to say the least.
For the whole story:
Read more: http://www.americanthinker.com/2012/06/Elena_...
Stop whining - how pathetic - you lost - get over it aleady!!
wtf

Benham, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 2, 2012

whitehair wrote:
Returning to the Constitution would make it possible for the Nation to understand this is an effort to remove the dead wood.You have also exceeded the time allowed for you to be on this topix.Better leave!!
Liar.
frank

Oakland, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 2, 2012

whitehair wrote:
You wouldn't a constitution if it fell your empty head moron!
culture vulture

Russell Springs, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 2, 2012

whitehair wrote:
Sir; If you go to ' factcheck.org ' and click on 'viral spiral' and then scroll down to the 5th and 6th items, you will see these very items addressed that your asking about.
culture vulture

Russell Springs, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 2, 2012

john wrote:
<quoted text>...obama knows best? lol....are you high? the greatest tradgety of all time, sells us out at every chance....gives our oil rich islands of alaska to the russians, leaks top secret info to iran, the head of fast and furious,......KNOWS beast? for who? not the united states!!
The islands in question were never claimed by the U.S. They were'nt ours to give away.
whitehair

Eminence, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 2, 2012

Judged:

frank wrote:
<quoted text>
Stop whining - how pathetic - you lost - get over it aleady!!
We hope to return the opportunity come November.The total story behind the conclusion creates the idea and confusion about the honesty and decency of our gov`t.Paid for congressional votes.Amnesty for illegals,--again.Obama lies,etc..
whitehair

Eminence, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 2, 2012

culture vulture wrote:
<quoted text>Sir; If you go to ' factcheck.org ' and click on 'viral spiral' and then scroll down to the 5th and 6th items, you will see these very items addressed that your asking about.
Went to,scrolled down,but failed to find the answer.I am not computor trained but can navigate some.Still trying to learn.Thanks,anyway.
whitehair

Eminence, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 2, 2012

frank wrote:
<quoted text>
You wouldn't a constitution if it fell your empty head moron!
Mostly you are correct!But,unlike many,I am studying and reading this most important document along with the Federalist Papes and Bill of Rights.Unlike some,I do not believe in calling people names.
whitehair

Eminence, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 2, 2012

Papers---correction
whitehair

Eminence, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 2, 2012

Found at least a partial answer to my question above!
Yes ,and ,no,~ The tax is a sales tax on ones with incomes over $250,000 per year,or ,ones in that range making a profit on the sale of the home.Not too likely to happen in the environment of houses today.However this could cause many seniors with homes that cost very little bought many years ago,and now worth so much greater than then paid.Don`t think any one much would fall into this category,except the filthy rich.

Thanks Culture Vulture,you inspired me to find it!!
desperate times lol

Glasgow, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 2, 2012

Judged:

Listen...can you hear that? Scrape, scrape, scrape! That's the dems hard at it again today! Obama had a conference call with his gang and told them that they need to get on the ball because people are contributing big bucks to Romney and are out-raising Obama big time. This is happening even with Obama's edge on campaigning on the tax payers dime and calling those trips "presidential". You'd think with that kind of savings (using tax dollars) he would be far ahead of Romney in the campaign contribution department. LOL RuhRoh...reality is setting in and Obama, being Obama, needs to blame it on somebody and his campaign team is better than the Bush excuse this time. LMMFAO! That well deserved and well earned Obama karma colonic reared it's ugly head at the worst time, huh?

I can hear the poor guy now...NO EFFING WAY citizens decided to get smart now just before my re-election. WTF???

Ah, the sweet sound of scraping. Makes you feel warm and fuzzy inside when good wins over bad. Will it still be considered an Obama historical moment when he loses bigger than he won? lol
culture vulture

Russell Springs, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 2, 2012

Judged:

whitehair wrote:
<quoted text>
Mostly you are correct!But,unlike many,I am studying and reading this most important document along with the Federalist Papes and Bill of Rights.Unlike some,I do not believe in calling people names.
In regards to the last point you made here, while you and I don't see eye to eye on some things, it is beyond me why there is so much anger and animosity on some of these threads. With what shows up on here at times, it's not so hard to see why people aren't pulling together for the betterment of everyone. Too often, issues are seen in black and white, rather than as a whole, and it just holds everyone back. Here's hoping people will wake up, grow up, and stand up for what they believe in without all the nonsense!

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

7 Users are viewing the Columbia Forum right now

Search the Columbia Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
taylor family (May '09) 2 hr roi1 17
Billy Rowe Sour Puss 2 hr roi1 5
Bible study rules for public schools proposed (Feb '10) 2 hr spaceship 129,040
a** play with oral.. 3 hr big daddy 29
KY Hundreds of birds die in western Ky. (Jan '11) 3 hr Gfm 81,565
Westlake Debt Growing 3 hr sad 145
five star bought out gate stores 3 hr think twice 6
•••
•••