'Fox News Sunday' to Host Kentucky Senate Debate

"Fox News Sunday" is heading to Louisville, Ky. Jack Conway, Kentucky's attorney general and the Democratic candidate for Senate , and Rand Paul, the Republican nominee and son of Representative Ron Paul, Republican of Texas, have agreed to a live debate on "Fox News Sunday" on Oct.3 at 9 a.m. (Eastern time).

Full Story
wtf

Jackson, KY

#43164 Jul 2, 2012
whitehair wrote:
<quoted text>
Totally agree.The system is broken when not only does the President and Congress,but now the SCOTUS does things that are no sense at all and seem to do damage to the good of the Country.
This is the reason I jumpd onto the Tea Party motto of back to the Constitution,term limits,Congress could pass no law that does not equally apply to Congress(in effect putting them on the same SS# and Health Care they put on "we the people):. Does any one think they would have robbed the SS# funds if they were to receive them for their old age?Does anyone think they would have saddled the people with this Health Care Bill if they had to be recipients of it instead of their own? No way!!
There are no term limits in the Constitution you dumbass.
wtf

Jackson, KY

#43165 Jul 2, 2012
whitehair wrote:
No talk show is speiling about it,no one is telling about it,but have heard the Health Care of Obama`s also has a new tax on the value you receive for selling your home.Anyone know of this?Is it in the Health Bill of standing alone?
You stupid SOB.
whitehair

Eminence, KY

#43166 Jul 2, 2012
Returning to the Constitution would make it possible for the Nation to understand this is an effort to remove the dead wood.You have also exceeded the time allowed for you to be on this topix.Better leave!!
frank

Oakland, CA

#43167 Jul 2, 2012
Jay wrote:
Dated: June 21, 2012
When the U.S. Supreme Court releases its decision on the fate of the Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act, Justice Elena Kagan will cast a vote that should not have been counted.
The relevant rule requires that Supreme Court justices recuse themselves if in their previous capacity they served as "counselor or advisor" concerning a current matter before the Court, or if there is anything about the proceeding by which the justice's impartiality can reasonably be called into question
At any rate, she had in fact participated as "counselor or advisor" of the law when she was solicitor general, and she is clearly not impartial about the fate of ObamaCare, so she should recuse herself in this case
But she won't. The problem is that recusal of a Supreme Court justice is self-executing. That is, the Supreme Court justice has to do it herself.
As sitting Supreme Court justice, Elena Kagan could very well be deciding on responses to arguments that she herself had helped formulate when she was solicitor general.
So, in other words, she was involved in formulating a decision re: Obamacare, and she got to vote on it. How is that right? This is a sham, and she should never have been allowed to sit on the SC and vote on it.
Conflict of interest, to say the least.
For the whole story:
Read more: http://www.americanthinker.com/2012/06/Elena_...
Stop whining - how pathetic - you lost - get over it aleady!!
wtf

Jackson, KY

#43169 Jul 2, 2012
whitehair wrote:
Returning to the Constitution would make it possible for the Nation to understand this is an effort to remove the dead wood.You have also exceeded the time allowed for you to be on this topix.Better leave!!
Liar.
frank

Oakland, CA

#43171 Jul 2, 2012
whitehair wrote:
Returning to the Constitution would make it possible for the Nation to understand this is an effort to remove the dead wood.You have also exceeded the time allowed for you to be on this topix.Better leave!!
You wouldn't a constitution if it fell your empty head moron!
culture vulture

Russell Springs, KY

#43172 Jul 2, 2012
whitehair wrote:
No talk show is speiling about it,no one is telling about it,but have heard the Health Care of Obama`s also has a new tax on the value you receive for selling your home.Anyone know of this?Is it in the Health Bill of standing alone?
Sir; If you go to ' factcheck.org ' and click on 'viral spiral' and then scroll down to the 5th and 6th items, you will see these very items addressed that your asking about.
culture vulture

Russell Springs, KY

#43173 Jul 2, 2012
john wrote:
<quoted text>...obama knows best? lol....are you high? the greatest tradgety of all time, sells us out at every chance....gives our oil rich islands of alaska to the russians, leaks top secret info to iran, the head of fast and furious,......KNOWS beast? for who? not the united states!!
The islands in question were never claimed by the U.S. They were'nt ours to give away.
whitehair

Eminence, KY

#43174 Jul 2, 2012
frank wrote:
<quoted text>
Stop whining - how pathetic - you lost - get over it aleady!!
We hope to return the opportunity come November.The total story behind the conclusion creates the idea and confusion about the honesty and decency of our gov`t.Paid for congressional votes.Amnesty for illegals,--again.Obama lies,etc..
whitehair

Eminence, KY

#43175 Jul 2, 2012
culture vulture wrote:
<quoted text>Sir; If you go to ' factcheck.org ' and click on 'viral spiral' and then scroll down to the 5th and 6th items, you will see these very items addressed that your asking about.
Went to,scrolled down,but failed to find the answer.I am not computor trained but can navigate some.Still trying to learn.Thanks,anyway.
whitehair

Eminence, KY

#43176 Jul 2, 2012
frank wrote:
<quoted text>
You wouldn't a constitution if it fell your empty head moron!
Mostly you are correct!But,unlike many,I am studying and reading this most important document along with the Federalist Papes and Bill of Rights.Unlike some,I do not believe in calling people names.
whitehair

Eminence, KY

#43177 Jul 2, 2012
Papers---correction
whitehair

Eminence, KY

#43178 Jul 2, 2012
Found at least a partial answer to my question above!
Yes ,and ,no,~ The tax is a sales tax on ones with incomes over $250,000 per year,or ,ones in that range making a profit on the sale of the home.Not too likely to happen in the environment of houses today.However this could cause many seniors with homes that cost very little bought many years ago,and now worth so much greater than then paid.Don`t think any one much would fall into this category,except the filthy rich.

Thanks Culture Vulture,you inspired me to find it!!
desperate times lol

Glasgow, KY

#43179 Jul 2, 2012
Listen...can you hear that? Scrape, scrape, scrape! That's the dems hard at it again today! Obama had a conference call with his gang and told them that they need to get on the ball because people are contributing big bucks to Romney and are out-raising Obama big time. This is happening even with Obama's edge on campaigning on the tax payers dime and calling those trips "presidential". You'd think with that kind of savings (using tax dollars) he would be far ahead of Romney in the campaign contribution department. LOL RuhRoh...reality is setting in and Obama, being Obama, needs to blame it on somebody and his campaign team is better than the Bush excuse this time. LMMFAO! That well deserved and well earned Obama karma colonic reared it's ugly head at the worst time, huh?

I can hear the poor guy now...NO EFFING WAY citizens decided to get smart now just before my re-election. WTF???

Ah, the sweet sound of scraping. Makes you feel warm and fuzzy inside when good wins over bad. Will it still be considered an Obama historical moment when he loses bigger than he won? lol
culture vulture

Russell Springs, KY

#43180 Jul 2, 2012
whitehair wrote:
<quoted text>
Mostly you are correct!But,unlike many,I am studying and reading this most important document along with the Federalist Papes and Bill of Rights.Unlike some,I do not believe in calling people names.
In regards to the last point you made here, while you and I don't see eye to eye on some things, it is beyond me why there is so much anger and animosity on some of these threads. With what shows up on here at times, it's not so hard to see why people aren't pulling together for the betterment of everyone. Too often, issues are seen in black and white, rather than as a whole, and it just holds everyone back. Here's hoping people will wake up, grow up, and stand up for what they believe in without all the nonsense!
whitehair

Eminence, KY

#43181 Jul 2, 2012
If only we had some way to have people do this very thing.It would develop into UTOPIA if only our people we sent to Washington,to the States Capitals,and we out here could be civil and talk to one another with the desire to make things better.I have even noticed the stubborn attitude in my Church officers.

I do believe we may see things differently,maybe background,training,family,wha tever,but you sound like someone that would make a good person to have around.Go for it!!!
oh paleeze

Glasgow, KY

#43183 Jul 2, 2012
culture vulture wrote:
<quoted text>In regards to the last point you made here, while you and I don't see eye to eye on some things, it is beyond me why there is so much anger and animosity on some of these threads. With what shows up on here at times, it's not so hard to see why people aren't pulling together for the betterment of everyone. Too often, issues are seen in black and white, rather than as a whole, and it just holds everyone back. Here's hoping people will wake up, grow up, and stand up for what they believe in without all the nonsense!
No insult intended but you sound a little out of touch. It seems like the OWS people who sat in the streets and got high and the unions that took over Wisconsin's Capitol and banged their drums and sang Kumbaya and celebrated unity were useful in focusing on things other than what the political party wanted the focus on but it didn't get the job done. I'm sure it is Bush's fault somehow but that's the norm. It's about time people stood up and took charge and participate in their kids future. Can that get people riled up and angry and passionate? Yes. Thank goodness. Maybe these people that are starting to at least communicate and step up and stand up and speak up, even though it isn't in the manner you approve of, is what this country needs. Too many have sat back and stayed quiet and tried to be what they were told was politically correct for too long. If this is what America needs to get back on track for our kids sake then have at it! Get riled up and CHANGE things so that our citizens benefit instead of a mans personal and selfish political agenda benefiting.

A passionate debate never hurt anyone. Well, maybe it hurts some egos but they will survive, don't you think?
Darryl Washington

Cincinnati, OH

#43184 Jul 2, 2012
whitehair wrote:
<quoted text>
Totally agree.The system is broken when not only does the President and Congress,but now the SCOTUS does things that are no sense at all and seem to do damage to the good of the Country.
This is the reason I jumpd onto the Tea Party motto of back to the Constitution,term limits,Congress could pass no law that does not equally apply to Congress(in effect putting them on the same SS# and Health Care they put on "we the people):. Does any one think they would have robbed the SS# funds if they were to receive them for their old age?Does anyone think they would have saddled the people with this Health Care Bill if they had to be recipients of it instead of their own? No way!!
The Supreme Court has the responsibility of determining what is constitutional and what is not in cases where it requires interpretation by experts. We should respect SCOTUS for breaking the pattern of reaching a decision based solely on the Justicesí party affiliations, even if we disagree with its decisions.

A you may know, I am one of those liberals generally hated by the the Tea Party (as gauged by being called insulting names, being told in the rudest of terms to leave these forums, etc.). However, I strongly believe that we need to reform Congress by imposing term limits and that it should be permitted to pass no law that does not equally apply to it and other branches of government. I believe that every citizen, including elected government officials, should be covered by Social Security and Medicare In fact, I would upgrade Medicare to make it our national health care program with a single payer, private provider model.
culture vulture

Russell Springs, KY

#43185 Jul 2, 2012
oh paleeze wrote:
<quoted text>
No insult intended but you sound a little out of touch. It seems like the OWS people who sat in the streets and got high and the unions that took over Wisconsin's Capitol and banged their drums and sang Kumbaya and celebrated unity were useful in focusing on things other than what the political party wanted the focus on but it didn't get the job done. I'm sure it is Bush's fault somehow but that's the norm. It's about time people stood up and took charge and participate in their kids future. Can that get people riled up and angry and passionate? Yes. Thank goodness. Maybe these people that are starting to at least communicate and step up and stand up and speak up, even though it isn't in the manner you approve of, is what this country needs. Too many have sat back and stayed quiet and tried to be what they were told was politically correct for too long. If this is what America needs to get back on track for our kids sake then have at it! Get riled up and CHANGE things so that our citizens benefit instead of a mans personal and selfish political agenda benefiting.
A passionate debate never hurt anyone. Well, maybe it hurts some egos but they will survive, don't you think?
I suppose I could be a little out of touch, at 58 yrs. and counting. But in my travels I've witnessed things around the globe that I can only hope aren't visited upon mine or yours, whether by an outraged citizenry or a foreign entity. That's why I'm a little old-fashioned when I plead for a little sanity when we discuss this and that. It's a sad thing when politics and everyday life can't be discoursed without all the profanity and anger, lies and ridiculous rhetoric. And, I suppose some ego's will suffer, not mine. I like to think there are more important things than a bruised ego, but your point is taken. Have a good one!
we see thru you too

Glasgow, KY

#43186 Jul 2, 2012
Darryl Washington wrote:
<quoted text>
The Supreme Court has the responsibility of determining what is constitutional and what is not in cases where it requires interpretation by experts. We should respect SCOTUS for breaking the pattern of reaching a decision based solely on the Justicesí party affiliations, even if we disagree with its decisions.
A you may know, I am one of those liberals generally hated by the the Tea Party (as gauged by being called insulting names, being told in the rudest of terms to leave these forums, etc.). However, I strongly believe that we need to reform Congress by imposing term limits and that it should be permitted to pass no law that does not equally apply to it and other branches of government. I believe that every citizen, including elected government officials, should be covered by Social Security and Medicare In fact, I would upgrade Medicare to make it our national health care program with a single payer, private provider model.
And that is why you are a nobody that doesn't make laws but never stops roaring about your intelligent opinions. A wannabe politician but just can't cut the mustard? lol Yep!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Columbia Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Who do you support for U.S. House in Kentucky (... (Oct '10) 4 hr jughead lewis Hargis 500
Affair 5 hr Wondering 2
Most Important Election In Adair County's History 7 hr notbobby 73
Warning kyrees (Dec '13) 8 hr Tharealest 5
Mcconnell vs Grimes 9 hr Toad 14
Bible study rules for public schools proposed (Feb '10) 11 hr SNYB 131,438
Who Will Adair Co. Vote for Co. Judge Exec This... 11 hr Bingo 381
Campaigning on tax payers dime 13 hr Harrison 39
New Adult Toy Store (Nov '09) Wed grim reaper 43
Columbia Dating
Find my Match

Columbia Jobs

Columbia People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Columbia News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Columbia

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]