Vet. care for horses

Posted in the Columbia Forum

horse 07

Lexington, KY

#1 Aug 27, 2007
Can you horse people help me? I need your opinions . Who is the best Vet. around this area for horses, especially when it comes to lameness issues?
jill

Campbellsville, KY

#2 Aug 28, 2007
horse 07 wrote:
Can you horse people help me? I need your opinions . Who is the best Vet. around this area for horses, especially when it comes to lameness issues?
I use Dr. King. He's real good with horses & if you have an emergency he'll be there, even if it's the weekend or whenever. His #'s in the book.
best vet

Columbia, KY

#3 Aug 28, 2007
Don Brockman is a mobile only equinine vet. He has endoscope x ray and all on his truck. He's great with the horses and helped when one of my horses had an absess.
Caretaker of dogs

Russell Springs, KY

#4 Aug 28, 2007
Dr. Brockman is the best horse vet. He treats all kinds of horses, not just walking horses. He has the most experience since that is all he treats. Dr. King treats mainly cows.
Y2KY

AOL

#5 Aug 28, 2007
I agree with the others, Donnie Brockman is as good as they get when it comes to treating horses. You can't go wrong with him.
curious

Elizabethtown, KY

#6 Aug 28, 2007
horse 07 wrote:
Can you horse people help me? I need your opinions . Who is the best Vet. around this area for horses, especially when it comes to lameness issues?
what is wrong with your horse
i know

Elizabethtown, KY

#7 Aug 30, 2007
Dr. King for sure.. he is #1.. he is very good with horses and he will be there qiuck
FYI42

Lexington, KY

#8 Sep 1, 2007
Donnie Brockman is the best by far. He does'nt work thinking about the money, he is truly here for the health and well being of horses. You don't find hardly any Vets. around here like that!! He's good.

“Guess WHO?”

Since: May 07

louisville ky

#9 Sep 2, 2007
I have used Dr. King and he is Very Good but it is true that he treats cattle more, now it is not to say that he cannot treat a horse and give good treatment but he by no means as good as Donnie Brockman were horses are concerned and that may be the same way with Donnie about cattle. I have a horse that has Teeth trouble and I called Dr.King and even the Vet on Campbellsville Rd and even she did not know what was wrong with my horses mouth as Dr.King didnt know so Dr.King told me to just call Donnie and I did and he has been my Vet since. Please call Donnie I will tell you that you will not be sorry and his prices are very fair. But then again that is all Donnie fools with is Horses so that may be what makes him so good with them. He is in the book under the equine vet services in Campbellsville. Good Luck
Caretaker of dogs

Russell Springs, KY

#10 Sep 2, 2007
Central Kentucky Equine I believe.
Caretaker of dogs

Russell Springs, KY

#12 Sep 3, 2007
Look on the internet under the yellow pages. Campbellsville, Central Kentucky Equine. All you need is the phone number. Or the white pages, Donald Brockman or Dr. Brockman.
Absolutely

Russell Springs, KY

#15 Sep 6, 2007
Donnie Brockman is the only Vet that will ever treat my horses. He gives excellent care and will not rob you blind.
WE use

Leitchfield, KY

#16 Sep 9, 2007
We use Clint Durham in Campbellsville, he is the best vet we have used and really cares about what he does.
Absolutely

Russell Springs, KY

#17 Sep 9, 2007
WE use wrote:
We use Clint Durham in Campbellsville, he is the best vet we have used and really cares about what he does.
Clint killed our horse and I have had others tell us how he let their animals die to. DON'T take your animals to him.
Get a Life

Columbia, KY

#18 Sep 12, 2007
Dr. Rexroat, Dr. Campbell and Dr. Feese at the Adair County Animal Hospital.

“Guess WHO?”

Since: May 07

louisville ky

#19 Sep 13, 2007
Mickey Mouse wrote:
Donnie Brockman worked on my horse today and I am so pleased with his work and kindness to my horse that he will be our only Vet forever. He could have charged me a lot more than he did. His prices are fair. And his work is excellent
I love saying "I told you so" LOL, but I'am so happy that you was pleased!! Donnie is the best as to were horses is concerned and he will not rob you as you know. I can tell you if I had got one of the Vets on Campbellsville rd to work on my horses teeth I would of said that I paid for a third of that new building they just built out there. But all jokes layed aside I really M happy that you found a Vet you can depend on and one that treats your horses well and one you like, not only that Donnie is kind of cute to look at he has the bluest eyes I have ever seen!!
Hunter

Nashville, TN

#20 Sep 13, 2007
Blue10 wrote:
<quoted text>I love saying "I told you so" LOL, but I'am so happy that you was pleased!! Donnie is the best as to were horses is concerned and he will not rob you as you know. I can tell you if I had got one of the Vets on Campbellsville rd to work on my horses teeth I would of said that I paid for a third of that new building they just built out there. But all jokes layed aside I really M happy that you found a Vet you can depend on and one that treats your horses well and one you like, not only that Donnie is kind of cute to look at he has the bluest eyes I have ever seen!!
Where in the world have you been??...
Get a Life

Columbia, KY

#21 Sep 14, 2007
Blue10 wrote:
I have used Dr. King and he is Very Good but it is true that he treats cattle more, now it is not to say that he cannot treat a horse and give good treatment but he by no means as good as Donnie Brockman were horses are concerned and that may be the same way with Donnie about cattle. I have a horse that has Teeth trouble and I called Dr.King and even the Vet on Campbellsville Rd and even she did not know what was wrong with my horses mouth as Dr.King didnt know so Dr.King told me to just call Donnie and I did and he has been my Vet since. Please call Donnie I will tell you that you will not be sorry and his prices are very fair. But then again that is all Donnie fools with is Horses so that may be what makes him so good with them. He is in the book under the equine vet services in Campbellsville. Good Luck
"Please call Donnie....." Grow up.
I agree

Elizabethtown, KY

#22 Sep 14, 2007
Blue10 wrote:
<quoted text>I love saying "I told you so" LOL, but I'am so happy that you was pleased!! Donnie is the best as to were horses is concerned and he will not rob you as you know. I can tell you if I had got one of the Vets on Campbellsville rd to work on my horses teeth I would of said that I paid for a third of that new building they just built out there. But all jokes layed aside I really M happy that you found a Vet you can depend on and one that treats your horses well and one you like, not only that Donnie is kind of cute to look at he has the bluest eyes I have ever seen!!
Kind of hot? Ice melts on him, he's so hot. If I wasn't married I would be latching on to him now that he's single.
horse care

United States

#23 Oct 14, 2007
Here I have Donny's number. 7..8..9..9...5...4...0. He is the best. He saved my horse from colic this spring. I owe him the world. He stayed up for 4 days straight changing the iv on my horse and had the vet people up in Lexington on call in case we needed to bring him up there for surgery. Joe Harper uses him as well, who is a big trainer in the next county over. Oh and by the way, Donnie isn't single, he's been dating a girl for well over a year who moved here from another state... sorry ladies :)

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Columbia Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Glenn Morrison Local Drug Maker (Sep '10) 2 hr Big G 22
KY What's mitch McConnell done for coal, when ther... 2 hr ole Joe 7,392
KY 'Fox News Sunday' to Host Kentucky Senate Debate (Oct '10) 3 hr John316 155,559
Who do you support for U.S. House in Kentucky (... (Oct '10) 4 hr food stamp 480
The Adair County Residential Tax 5 hr Billy 4
KY Can You Pass an 8th Grade Test from 1912? (Aug '13) 5 hr butthead 1,073
Chief Mike Glasgow's Eulogy for Capt. Tony Grider 5 hr Stop 3
Current CJE Accomplishments List 6 hr buckwheat 53
wreck on parkway 7 hr clear eyes 3
Breeding Country Store 12 hr Karen 7
Wet/Dry petition 13 hr Big one 43
Columbia Dating
Find my Match

Columbia Jobs

Columbia People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Columbia News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Columbia

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]