2 cents

Greensburg, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 5, 2007

Has anyone experienced the bites of these nasty insects? I found one remedy on the internet from another woodsman. He suggested using mouthwash to relieve itching. Sounds funny but indeed it works great! Still, I wonder if the bites themselves will remain on my skin for the usual 2-3 months. Please share your experience and how you manage the torment.
Bubby

Elizabethtown, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 5, 2007

Benedril spray gel, dries them up and stops the itching instantly!!!!!Makes them heal without scarring
keep out

Russell Springs, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 5, 2007

Judged:

2 cents wrote:
Has anyone experienced the bites of these nasty insects? I found one remedy on the internet from another woodsman. He suggested using mouthwash to relieve itching. Sounds funny but indeed it works great! Still, I wonder if the bites themselves will remain on my skin for the usual 2-3 months. Please share your experience and how you manage the torment.
stay out of the woods looking for people's crops
2 cents

Greensburg, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 5, 2007

Judged:

keep out wrote:
<quoted text>stay out of the woods looking for people's crops
Some people having nothing better to do 24/7 than to watch these forums awaiting the opportunity to jump in and say something STUPID.
Scratchy

Elizabethtown, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 5, 2007

Pleeeze, tell me what to do to stop the itching!
I have got them everywhere and I do mean everywhere and have tryed everything,but nothing will help.I'v scratched them so much that they bleed and I know it's gonna leave scars if I don't figure out something.Anyone have any other ideas I have already tried Benadryl,cortisone,calamine lotion,listerine and bleach nothing has helped and the bleach burnt like you wouldn't believe!
2 cents

Greensburg, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 5, 2007

Judged:

Scratchy wrote:
Pleeeze, tell me what to do to stop the itching!
I have got them everywhere and I do mean everywhere and have tryed everything,but nothing will help.I'v scratched them so much that they bleed and I know it's gonna leave scars if I don't figure out something.Anyone have any other ideas I have already tried Benadryl,cortisone,calamine lotion,listerine and bleach nothing has helped and the bleach burnt like you wouldn't believe!
If you have them that bad you should check with your Dr.
My neighbor had them so bad last year that he had to get a shot. I'm trying everything else first!
xoxo

Cecilia, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 5, 2007

I was on a home remedies.com . It said that vaseline would take care of turkey mites stop itching and dry them up.
Helping

Russell Springs, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 5, 2007

Judged:

My husband had them two years ago and what he did was scratch them with a knife and poured rubbing acohol (sp) directly on it. Surprising though it didnt leave any scarring on him.

A friend of the family told us that he had them and got some of the RID (head lice shampoo) and poured it on himself and got rid of them that way.
hello

Campbellsville, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 5, 2007

I heard that flea shampoo for a dog works really well but you have to lather with it and keep it on for about ten minutes. I had a friend that had them bad and that is what he used. The doctor can also give you lotion to use one time that dries them up
bud

Sonora, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 5, 2007

Judged:

this will get rid of them in minutes all you have to do is take some kersene with a cloth and rub yourself down
serves you right

Russell Springs, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 5, 2007

Judged:

2 cents wrote:
<quoted text>
Some people having nothing better to do 24/7 than to watch these forums awaiting the opportunity to jump in and say something STUPID.
stay out of the woods and fields 24/7 looking to steal other peoples ginseng and buds and you won't be bothered with mites then you green handed thief .
me myself and I

Greensburg, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 5, 2007

Okay, this is kinda freaking me out. What the hell are Turkey mites and what do they look like? Are they like lice? Do they get under your skin? I need to know more, someone please educate me on Turkey mites, please!
hmmmm

Jamestown, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 6, 2007

Judged:

turkey mites are exactly that, they're mites! they lay eggs under your skin, that's where most of the itching comes from.
had them

Elizabethtown, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 6, 2007

Judged:

I had them last year. I went to Westlake Primary Care and they gave me a cream. I rubbed it on my whole body from the neck down before I went to bed. You are to leave it on for 8 hours. As soon as you get up you are to wash the clothes you slept in and the bed sheets. Then take a shower. Honestly, it worked. I had it on my arms, stomach, and legs.
for real

Elizabethtown, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 6, 2007

Judged:

turkey mites are actually a type of tick larva. when you get into a nest of them, will bite and some will bury into the skin.Thats why flea & tick shampoo for dogs, lice shampoo, etc. works on killing them.

“Guess WHO?”

Since: May 07

louisville ky

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 6, 2007

xoxo wrote:
I was on a home remedies.com . It said that vaseline would take care of turkey mites stop itching and dry them up.
Your Right it will!!! I know a lady whose horse got them on it and she use the vaseline and it dried the mites up, so I would think that it would work on humans also.
Whats Fair

Columbia, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 6, 2007

Judged:

hmmmm wrote:
turkey mites are exactly that, they're mites! they lay eggs under your skin, that's where most of the itching comes from.
Don't listen to this guy. He's obviously an idiot. As someone else said, they're tiny ticks. It's quite easy to come across a nest of them and end up with several in seconds. Even in the grass of your front yard.

Scroll down on this page until you come to the heading "seed ticks/turkey mites". It's from the University of Kentucky...I'd count that as a reliable source...
http://www.uky.edu/Ag/kpn/kpn_03/pn030908.htm
me myself and I

Greensburg, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 6, 2007

Whats Fair wrote:
<quoted text>
Don't listen to this guy. He's obviously an idiot. As someone else said, they're tiny ticks. It's quite easy to come across a nest of them and end up with several in seconds. Even in the grass of your front yard.
Scroll down on this page until you come to the heading "seed ticks/turkey mites". It's from the University of Kentucky...I'd count that as a reliable source...
http://www.uky.edu/Ag/kpn/kpn_03/pn030908.htm
Thank you for the link. It's nice to get a serious and helpful response to a question (on Topix) for a change.
2 cents

Greensburg, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 6, 2007

Judged:

serves you right wrote:
<quoted text>stay out of the woods and fields 24/7 looking to steal other peoples ginseng and buds and you won't be bothered with mites then you green handed thief .
Please....Continue to spew ignorant statements from that large hole in your face. It only confirms my evaluation of your mentality.
serves you right

Russell Springs, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 6, 2007

Judged:

2 cents wrote:
<quoted text>
Please....Continue to spew ignorant statements from that large hole in your face. It only confirms my evaluation of your mentality.
your evaluation of my mentality -Ha ha ha are those mites eating you up real good now all over your ass are they ?

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

First Prev
of 13
Next Last
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

45 Users are viewing the Columbia Forum right now

Search the Columbia Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
KY 'Fox News Sunday' to Host Kentucky Senate Debate (Oct '10) 10 min wtf 149,691
EDitor? 12 min Bobbing Woodward 1
KY Hundreds of birds die in western Ky. (Jan '11) 22 min BIG_STEVIE 81,588
KY Woman's head stepped on by Rand Paul supporters (Oct '10) 26 min BIG_STEVIE 26,226
Columbia's misterios green strip 1 hr wanna know 4
Criminals in Adair County 1 hr mike 4
Voters To Decide PVA Winner 2 hr just tired of thi... 17
•••
•••
•••
•••

Columbia Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••