144,000 going to heaven

Posted in the Columbia Forum

Comments (Page 249)

Showing posts 4,961 - 4,980 of8,156
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
be careful

Campbellsville, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#5048
Feb 27, 2012
 
Tell me wrote:
<quoted text>What verses are you talking about?I don't think the word rapture is in the bible.
No the word rapture is not in the bible...but when it says that those that are dead will rise then those that remain(those that are saved) will be caught up with the Lord in the air....so that phrase is used as the term for the rapture....so what is your point...do you think every word has to be in the bible for it to be a real word...
be careful

Campbellsville, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#5049
Feb 27, 2012
 
Mon1029 wrote:
<quoted text>You claimed that you are not "be careful" but you all spell the same. How coincidental is that? You both misspell the word "arguing" for "argueing" just like any other words. How do you explain this mishap
Mons there you go again...that is all you have to say is that this other person spells like me and you want them to explain that...but you cant come up with nothing else to say about the quotes this person posted...no this other person is not me...you are so lost this is all you can come up with to argue about...and that is you think someone else is me...
tell me

Elizabethtown, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#5050
Feb 27, 2012
 
really wrote:
<quoted text>Can you just ignore these scriptures,then?Rom.6:23,Rom.6 :7If we are aquitted from our sins at death,are we to be ressurected to be punished again?Read Isaiah 45:18,He tells us that He did not create the earth in vain,He meant it to be inhabited.Rev.5:10,tells the chosen ones will rule as priests and kings over the earth.Psalms 37:9,22,29.Isaiah57:13.65:20th ru25.It doesn't sound like He's gonna destroy the earth to me. Everlasting life is a gift given to the righteous,not the wicked.Wouldn't the wicked have to be given eternal life to be able to punish them for all eternity?Not trying to argue,just wanting you to look at some scriptures that tells me the opposite of what you believe.
Tell the truth and be careful totally ignored these scriptures!Why?Because they can't read these and still believe the way they have been taught.These scriptures clearly tells us we will be here on earth,the 144,000 will rule as priest and kings over the earth,Rev.5:10.Wish they could explain the second death!Guess what,they won't even attempt that because that might make people question the hell fire doctrine,although hell actually means the grave.

Since: Jul 13

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#5051
Feb 27, 2012
 
tell me wrote:
<quoted text>Tell the truth and be careful totally ignored these scriptures!Why?Because they can't read these and still believe the way they have been taught.These scriptures clearly tells us we will be here on earth,the 144,000 will rule as priest and kings over the earth,Rev.5:10.Wish they could explain the second death!Guess what,they won't even attempt that because that might make people question the hell fire doctrine,although hell actually means the grave.
Hello Dear, don't be fooled, "be careful" and "tell the truth" are the same person.
to tell the truth

Columbia, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#5052
Feb 27, 2012
 
Mon1029 wrote:
<quoted text> Hello Dear, don't be fooled, "be careful" and "tell the truth" are the same person.
Hello dear,and you are still wrong if you believe that "to tell the truth" and "be careful "are the same person, anyone that claims to be as smart as you should have already figured that out!
be careful

Campbellsville, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#5055
Feb 29, 2012
 
Mon1029 wrote:
<quoted text> Hello Dear, don't be fooled, "be careful" and "tell the truth" are the same person.
Thats right Mons...if you will notice like i said before and many times before that i always put a.... at the end of a sentence....so you really dont know what you are talking about...i have answered that questions numerous times in the past....just as you and hillbilly say you have answered the questions i asked...but the thing is the JW never answer..they always stay on the defense...never to take the offense about a subject because they know that it will put themselve more vunerable to showing they dont tell the truth...like when hillbilly decribes the rich man and Lazarus....can you tell that one more time MOns for us since hillbilly want...come on so others that didnt get to read it can see what a bunch of crazy stuff the JW says....please Mons
tell me

Campbellsville, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#5058
Mar 1, 2012
 
be careful wrote:
<quoted text>
Thats right Mons...if you will notice like i said before and many times before that i always put a.... at the end of a sentence....so you really dont know what you are talking about...i have answered that questions numerous times in the past....just as you and hillbilly say you have answered the questions i asked...but the thing is the JW never answer..they always stay on the defense...never to take the offense about a subject because they know that it will put themselve more vunerable to showing they dont tell the truth...like when hillbilly decribes the rich man and Lazarus....can you tell that one more time MOns for us since hillbilly want...come on so others that didnt get to read it can see what a bunch of crazy stuff the JW says....please Mons
Yea u answered them,they just didn't make any sense.The Lazarus and rich man is a parrable.Do u even know what a parrable is?
to tell the truth

Columbia, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#5059
Mar 2, 2012
 
tell me wrote:
<quoted text>Yea u answered them,they just didn't make any sense.The Lazarus and rich man is a parrable.Do u even know what a parrable is?
You seem to be very well taught in the JW's false teachings, so why don't you tell us all thier version of what a parable is,we are listening!
tell me

Elizabethtown, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#5060
Mar 2, 2012
 
to tell the truth wrote:
<quoted text> You seem to be very well taught in the JW's false teachings, so why don't you tell us all thier version of what a parable is,we are listening!
The King James version will tell you exactly what it is.Look it up for yourself.That way you casn't blame it on the JW's.
be careful

Campbellsville, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#5061
Mar 2, 2012
 
tell me wrote:
<quoted text>Yea u answered them,they just didn't make any sense.The Lazarus and rich man is a parrable.Do u even know what a parrable is?
Why dont you tell the JW version of that parable and lets examine it...see that is what is wrong with the JW...they tell others and say that people are teaching the word wrong, then they give their version, but when it is closely examined they back off...i have ask many times to go further into their explanation the rich man and lazarus that the JW give but they back off...you must be picking up their slack now...the JW witness about religion not about the word...because if the Jesus is the Word then they leave Him out of the equation....tell someone that Jesus died for your sins...not ask them if they believe in hell or the trinity...they as a person will have to read and figure that out on their own...so what about this parable..let us hear the JW version again....i would have to go way back to read what to tell the truth posted but he never really did get into a deep conversation with me over that version...how about you....
tell me

Rineyville, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#5062
Mar 3, 2012
 
be careful wrote:
<quoted text>
Why dont you tell the JW version of that parable and lets examine it...see that is what is wrong with the JW...they tell others and say that people are teaching the word wrong, then they give their version, but when it is closely examined they back off...i have ask many times to go further into their explanation the rich man and lazarus that the JW give but they back off...you must be picking up their slack now...the JW witness about religion not about the word...because if the Jesus is the Word then they leave Him out of the equation....tell someone that Jesus died for your sins...not ask them if they believe in hell or the trinity...they as a person will have to read and figure that out on their own...so what about this parable..let us hear the JW version again....i would have to go way back to read what to tell the truth posted but he never really did get into a deep conversation with me over that version...how about you....
A parable is a FICTIONAL STORY used to make a point!Jesus taught in parables to see who was searching for the truth!The King James bible tells you the story is a parable.If I'm not mistaken they gave a very indepth discussion on that story.I would say the reason they back off,is they explain it and explain it,and you still don't get it.You have to humble yourself.
Mon1029

Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#5068
Mar 5, 2012
 
be careful wrote:
<quoted text>
Thats right Mons...if you will notice like i said before and many times before that i always put a.... at the end of a sentence....so you really dont know what you are talking about...i have answered that questions numerous times in the past....just as you and hillbilly say you have answered the questions i asked...but the thing is the JW never answer..they always stay on the defense...never to take the offense about a subject because they know that it will put themselve more vunerable to showing they dont tell the truth...like when hillbilly decribes the rich man and Lazarus....can you tell that one more time MOns for us since hillbilly want...come on so others that didnt get to read it can see what a bunch of crazy stuff the JW says....please Mons
*Shake my head*
Mon1029

Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#5069
Mar 5, 2012
 
be careful wrote:
<quoted text>
Why dont you tell the JW version of that parable and lets examine it...see that is what is wrong with the JW...they tell others and say that people are teaching the word wrong, then they give their version, but when it is closely examined they back off...i have ask many times to go further into their explanation the rich man and lazarus that the JW give but they back off...you must be picking up their slack now...the JW witness about religion not about the word...because if the Jesus is the Word then they leave Him out of the equation....tell someone that Jesus died for your sins...not ask them if they believe in hell or the trinity...they as a person will have to read and figure that out on their own...so what about this parable..let us hear the JW version again....i would have to go way back to read what to tell the truth posted but he never really did get into a deep conversation with me over that version...how about you....
*Shake my head*
be careful

Greensburg, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#5070
Mar 5, 2012
 
tell me wrote:
<quoted text>A parable is a FICTIONAL STORY used to make a point!Jesus taught in parables to see who was searching for the truth!The King James bible tells you the story is a parable.If I'm not mistaken they gave a very indepth discussion on that story.I would say the reason they back off,is they explain it and explain it,and you still don't get it.You have to humble yourself.
Id say you are wrong...why dont you go ahead and tell me anyways so we can see what i understand...just like a JW always trying to make it look like the other person has the problem...you need to examine yourself and the word closer....if you have to have an organization to tell you how and what to think then you are not being led by the Lord....and one more question....who do you witness to...Jesus or religion
tell me

Campbellsville, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#5071
Mar 5, 2012
 
be careful wrote:
<quoted text>
Id say you are wrong...why dont you go ahead and tell me anyways so we can see what i understand...just like a JW always trying to make it look like the other person has the problem...you need to examine yourself and the word closer....if you have to have an organization to tell you how and what to think then you are not being led by the Lord....and one more question....who do you witness to...Jesus or religion
I try to witness to sinners.You're supposed to go out and spread the GOOD NEWS of God's Kingdom and what it will bring for mankind,just as Jesus told the diciples to do. The Lord's prayer say's hallowed be thy name.How can you sanctify His name,when you turn around and take it out of His book [bible] and act like it isn't even important?How important is your name,childs name,etc.Alot of names determine if your of royalty who your ancestors were. God say's make His name holy and santify it,yet the KJ's translators opted to take it out almost 7,000 times.But that doesn't bother you? Without our names,we are just another man/woman.It's hard to get to know someone personaly if you can't even use their name.Just something to think about.
to tell the truth

Columbia, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#5073
Mar 5, 2012
 
The Deity of Christ
Our Great God and Savior Jesus Christ
"Looking for the blessed hope and glorious appearing
of our great God and Savior Jesus Christ"
(Titus 2:13)

What kind of man is this?

His followers had seen Him change water into wine. He had healed lepers. With a word He had caused the lame to walk, the deaf to hear and the blind to see. They had even seen Him bring the dead back to life. They had left everything, their homes and their jobs, to follow Him because they knew He was someone great. Even so, they evidently did not understand who He really was! Only when they saw His power to calm the wind and the sea, did the awesome truth begin to force its way into their thinking.

"And suddenly a great tempest arose on the sea, so that the boat was covered with the waves. But He was asleep. Then His disciples came to Him and awoke Him, saying,'Lord, save us! We are perishing!' But He said to them,'Why are you fearful, Oh you of little faith?' Then He arose and rebuked the winds and the sea. And there was a great calm. And the men marveled, saying,'Who can this be, that even the winds and the sea obey Him?'" (Matthew 8:24-27).

What kind of man is this Jesus of Nazareth?

Jesus is a man

Jesus was so remarkable that some have questioned whether He could even be called a man. Yet the Scriptures clearly teach that Jesus is a man. Many times He is called the Son of Man.1 He is the Son of David.2 He was born of a woman (Luke 1:31; 2:21; Galatians 4:4,5). He came in the flesh3 and anyone who denies this is an antichrist (1 John 4:2,3; 2 John 7).

Is the humanity of Jesus significant? Yes, because the validity of His death as an atonement for sins depends on His being a man (Romans 8:3,4; Hebrews 2:14,15). Christ "had to be made like His brethren, that He might be a merciful and faithful High Priest in things pertaining to God, to make propitiation for the sins of the people" (Hebrews 2:17).

After His resurrection, Christ was still a man. "Now as they came down from the mountain, He commanded them that they should tell no one the things they had seen, till the Son of Man had risen from the dead" (Mark 9:9). When Jesus appeared to His disciples after He rose from the dead, the following occurred: "But they were terrified and frightened, and supposed they had seen a spirit. And He said to them,'Why are you troubled? And why do doubts arise in your hearts? Behold My hands and My feet, that it is I Myself. Handle Me and see, for a spirit does not have flesh and bones as you see I have'" (Luke 24:37-39).

After His ascension, seated at the right hand of the Father, He is still a man. "Hereafter the Son of man will sit on the right hand of the power of God" (Luke 22:69). Stephen, just before he was stoned to death, said: "I see the heavens opened and the Son of Man standing at the right hand of God!" (Acts 7:56). In 1 Timothy 2:5,6 we learn that there is one Mediator between God and men, the Man Christ Jesus.

At His second coming, He will come as the Son of Man."Jesus said to him,'It is as you said. Nevertheless, I say to you, hereafter you will see the Son of Man sitting at the right hand of the Power, and coming on the clouds of heaven'" (Matthew 26:64).4 According to Acts 17:30,31 God has appointed a man to judge the world in righteousness. Referring to the judgement, Jesus says: "Watch therefore, and pray always that you may be counted worthy to escape all these things that will come to pass, and to stand before the Son of Man" (Luke 21:36). And in John 5:26,27 Jesus explains: "For as the Father has life in Himself, so He has granted the Son to have life in Himself, and has given Him authority to execute judgment also, because He is the Son of Man."

Yes, Jesus is a man. Yet, He is much more than just a man.
to tell the truth

Columbia, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#5074
Mar 5, 2012
 
Christ is eternal
The Scriptures teach that Christ became a man, that He became flesh. "And the Word became flesh and dwelt among us" (John 1:14).5 This indicates that He existed before He was a man.
He existed as the Word of God in the beginning. "In the beginning was the word" (John 1:1). It does not say the Word came into being in the beginning, but that the word was in the beginning. The Word already existed. "That which was from the beginning, which we have heard, which we have seen with our eyes, which we have looked upon, and our hands have handled, concerning the Word of life -- the life was manifested, and we have seen, and bear witness, and declare to you that eternal life which was with the Father and was manifested to us" (1 John 1:1,2). "I write to you, fathers, because you have known Him who is from the beginning" (1 John 2:13). God's Word existed in the beginning.
In Isaiah 9:6 the Messiah is called "Everlasting Father" (as the source of life, see Isaiah 53:10; Hebrews 2:13)
Christ created all things
Through the Word, all things were made. "He was in the beginning with God. All things were made through Him, and without Him nothing was made that was made" (John 1:2,3). There were no exceptions! "He is the image of the invisible God, the firstborn over all creation. For by Him all things were created that are in heaven and that are on earth, visible and invisible, whether thrones or dominions or principalities or powers. All things were created through Him and for Him. And He is before all things, and in Him all things consist" (Colossians 1:15-17).
Christ Himself is not a created being. We have already learned that He is eternal, from everlasting, the First and the Last. Also, since all things were created through and for Him, He Himself cannot be a created being.
Certain arguments are advanced, however, by some who claim that Christ is a creature.
In Colossians 1:15, the passage we have just read, Christ is called "the firstborn of all creation." Some claim this means that He was the first thing created. The word 'firstborn' can be used figuratively, however, to mean 'first in rank'.7 This has its background in the custom in Biblical times that the firstborn son was highest in rank after his father. In Hebrews 12:23, for example, all Christians are called 'firstborn ones.' This indicates that they belong to God because in the Old Testament all the firstborn were sanctified to the Lord.8 Christ being the 'firstborn' of all creation refers to His authority over all creation because of His relationship with the Father.
Sometimes Revelation 3:14 is quoted, where Jesus calls Himself "the Beginning of the creation of God." The Greek word for 'beginning,' however, can also mean 'origin' or 'ruler'. Christ is indeed the Origin and Ruler of God's creation.
A passage that is sometimes used (out of context) in attempts to degrade Christ to a creature, is Proverbs 8:22, "The LORD possessed me at the beginning of His way, before His works of old." Some claim that 'possessed' should be translated 'created' and they then misapply the passage to Christ. In verse one, however, we learn that this chapter is referring to 'wisdom' personified. Proverbs eight is a beautiful poem emphasizing the importance of wisdom. Some commentators suggest that 'wisdom' here is a representation of the Messiah, who is called 'the wisdom of God' in the New Testament.9 But in any case I would ask: Was there ever a time when God was without His wisdom?
Christ is Creator, not creature. He was in the beginning. He is 'I AM' and all things were created through Him.
to tell the truth

Columbia, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#5075
Mar 5, 2012
 
Christ is God
"In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God" (John 1:1).
We know that 'the Word' here refers to Christ from what is stated in verse 14: "And the Word became flesh and dwelt among us." It does not say the Word came into being but that the Word was.
From the statement, "the Word was with God," some try to argue that Christ could not be God, since He was with God. But the word 'God' here is used in the sense of "God the Father." And the Son was certainly with the Father in the beginning. The eternal Father has an eternal Son.
"And the Word was God." How can words be plainer? It would be difficult to state this truth more forcefully or clearly.
Yet some do not wish to accept it. They claim that this verse should be translated and the Word was a god. They point out that there is no definite article with the word 'God' in Greek and they claim that this indicates it should be translated a god.
The above argument reveals a lack of understanding of Greek. The definite article is omitted with 'God' in this passage to indicate that 'The Word' is the subject of the sentence. In Greek the order of the words in a copulative sentence does not indicate which word is the subject as it does in English.11 In a copulative sentence in Greek, the subject has a definite article and the object has none.12 Thus, the fact that the word 'God' in this passage does not have an article in Greek indicates nothing more than that 'The Word' is the subject of the sentence rather than 'God'.
When Thomas saw the risen Lord, he knew who Jesus was: "Then He said to Thomas,'Reach your finger here, and look at My hands; and reach your hand here, and put it into My side. Do not be unbelieving, but believing.' And Thomas answered and said to Him,'My Lord and my God!' Jesus said to him,'Thomas because you have seen Me, you have believed. Blessed are those who have not seen and yet have believed'" (John 20:27-29).
When Jesus told Thomas to believe, his answer was: "My Lord and my God!" That was Thomas' confession of faith! And Jesus pronounced a blessing on those who would have a like faith.
This text is really a problem for those who deny that Christ is God. The arguments I have heard in attempts to get around the truth of this passage are so ridiculous that I am almost embarrassed to mention them. But since you might hear them as well, I will discuss them anyway.
One man told me that Thomas spoke these words to the Father, not to Jesus. I pointed out to him that the Bible specifically says that Thomas spoke these words ' to Him'(Jesus).
Another man told me that Thomas did say "My Lord" to Jesus, but that he then turned his eyes heavenward and said "my God" to the Father! I pointed out to him, however, that according to the Bible, the whole statement: "My Lord and my God" was directed 'to Him'(Christ).

Another man explained to me that Thomas in his astonishment did address these words to Christ, but that what Thomas said was not true. I pointed out that Thomas said these words in reply after Jesus told him to believe. And I then asked him why Jesus, instead of correcting Thomas, pronounced a blessing on all who would have the same faith!
When the disciples saw that Jesus had authority over the winds and the sea, they began to wonder who He really was. After His resurrection, they knew. And Thomas put it into words, when the Lord told him not to doubt, but to believe: "My Lord and my God!"
In Isaiah 9:6 the Messiah is called: "Mighty God."
We as Christians should be "looking for the blessed hope and glorious appearing of our great God and Savior Jesus Christ" (Titus 2:13).
to tell the truth

Columbia, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#5078
Mar 5, 2012
 
Christ is Savior

In Isaiah 43:11 we read: "I, even I, am the LORD [Jaweh], and besides Me there is no savior."

In the New Testament we learn much about our Savior. We read that the Father is our Savior.14 We also read that Christ is our Savior.15 In Titus 3:4-7 both of these truths are stated in one passage: "But when the kindness and the love of God our Savior toward man appeared, not by works of righteousness which we have done, but according to His mercy He saved us, through the washing of regeneration and renewing of the Holy Spirit, whom He poured out on us abundantly through Jesus Christ our Savior, that having been justified by His grace we should become heirs according to the hope of eternal life."

How can both the Father and the Son be Savior when we read in Isaiah 43:11, "I, even I, am the LORD [Jaweh], and besides Me there is no savior." This is true because, as we already have learned, both Christ and the Father are "I AM". And there is no other Savior than He.

Christ is called "our Lord and Savior" (2 Peter 1:11; 2:20; 3:2,18) and "our God and Savior" (Titus 2:13; 2 Peter 1:1). Christ is the Savior of the world (John 4:42) and there is salvation in no other name (Acts 4:10-12). Besides the LORD [Jaweh] there is no Savior (Isaiah 43:11). This can be true because both the Father and the Son are "I AM".

The Son is Equal with the Father

By this we do not mean that the Son is the Father, but that the Son is God even as the Father is God.

In John 5:18 we read the following explanation by John: "Therefore the Jews sought all the more to kill Him, because He not only broke the Sabbath, but also said that God was His Father, making Himself equal with God."

"Philip said to Him,'Lord, show us the Father, and it is sufficient for us.' Jesus said to him,'Have I been with you so long, and yet you have not known Me, Philip? He who has seen Me has seen the Father; so how can you say, "Show us the Father"? Do you not believe that I am in the Father, and the Father in Me?'" (John 14:8,9).

In John 10:30 Jesus says: "I and the Father are one." Before He became flesh, Christ was "in the form of God" and was "equal with God" (Philippians 2:5,6). In Colossians 1:15 it is stated that "He is the image of the invisible God" which is further explained in verse 19: "For in Him the Whole Fulness was pleased to dwell" (RD). In Hebrews 1:3 Christ is described as the radiation of God's glory and the exact image of His being.

These passages make abundantly clear that the Son is equal with the Father. Some object to this, however, by referring to John 14:28 where Jesus says: "My Father is greater than I." How the Father was greater than Jesus will be explained under the next point.
to tell the truth

Columbia, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#5079
Mar 5, 2012
 
Christ emptied Himself to become a man
"Let this mind be in you which was also in Christ Jesus, who, being in the form of God, did not consider it robbery to be equal with God, but made Himself of no reputation, taking the form of a servant, and coming in the likeness of men. And being found in appearance as a man, He humbled Himself and became obedient to the point of death, even the death of the cross" (Philippians 2:5-8).
The same idea is expressed in 2 Corinthians 8:9. "For you know the grace of our Lord Jesus Christ, that though He was rich, yet for your sakes He became poor, that you through His poverty might become rich."

And, although it is difficult for us to comprehend such a truth, the testimony of the Scriptures, both of the Old and New Testaments, and the testimony of those who knew Jesus, indicates that this is exactly what God has done that we might be saved.
But, of course, Christ had to deprive Himself in order to take "the form of a servant" and to be "born in the likeness of men."
In this Biblical truth is found an explanation for numerous texts which are sometimes used in attempts to deny that Christ is God: "My Father is greater than I" (John 14:28); "But of that day and hour no one knows, no, not even the angels of heaven, but My Father only" (Matthew 24:36); "My God, My God, why have You forsaken Me?" (Mark 15:34); "I am ascending to My Father and your Father, and to My God and your God" (John 20:17).
All such statements of Christ are related to His humanity. Although He was in the form of God, He emptied Himself and took the form of a servant. As a man He served the Father as an example for all men to follow.
That Christ deprived Himself does not mean, however, that He gave up His deity. It means merely that He limited Himself to human modes and form.
During His time on earth He possessed characteristics of God. He knew all things. In John 16:30 His disciples say: "Now we are sure that You know all things, and have no need that anyone should question You. By this we believe that You came forth from God."16
According to Hebrews 1:3 the universe is upheld by His word of power.
He has authority to forgive sins (Matthew 9:6; Mark 2:10; Luke 5:24).
Various passages speak of Christ being exalted. They are sometimes used out of context in attempts to deny His deity. But these statements relate to His return to the Father after His ministry on earth. "And being found in appearance as a man, He humbled Himself and became obedient to the point of death, even the death of the cross. Therefore God also has highly exalted Him and given Him the name which is above every name" (Philippians 2:8,9). After He had humbled Himself, He was exalted. Such texts do not detract from His deity.
According to John 17:4,5 Christ had glory with the Father before the world was made: "I have glorified You on the earth. I have finished the work which You have given Me to do. And now, O Father, glorify Me together with Yourself, with the glory which I had with You before the world was."
We must keep in mind that after the Word became flesh (John 1:14), during His life on earth and even after His resurrection the man Jesus of Nazareth had not yet ascended to the Father. We read this in John 20:17. "Jesus said to her,'Do not cling to Me, for I have not yet ascended to My Father; but go to My brethren and say to them, "I am ascending to My Father and your Father, and to My God and your God."'"
At His ascension, however, this man, Jesus of Nazareth was exalted to the right hand of the Father (Phil. 2:9-11; Acts 2:32-36; 5:30,31).
According to Philippians 2:6,9 Christ emptied Himself to become a man although He had been in the form of God and in equality with God. In John 17:5 we read that after His death, He was returned to His former glory.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 4,961 - 4,980 of8,156
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

44 Users are viewing the Columbia Forum right now

Search the Columbia Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Bible study rules for public schools proposed (Feb '10) 20 min Khatru 128,558
KY 'Fox News Sunday' to Host Kentucky Senate Debate (Oct '10) 21 min DemocRATS 146,095
Lisa Hadley 22 min concerned 14
KY Hundreds of birds die in western Ky. (Jan '11) 40 min but now 81,566
cvs 47 min Consider This 2
Westlake Debt Growing 1 hr Mister Clean 41
Who is Driven? 1 hr wondering 8
•••
•••
•••
•••

Columbia Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Columbia People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••

Columbia News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Columbia
•••

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]
•••