N. Idaho authorities not ready to drop cold case

Feb 16, 2009 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: KGW-TV Portland

Kristin David disappeared in June 1981 while riding her bicycle from Moscow to Clarkston, and about a week later the dismembered body of the 22-year-old University of Idaho student was found in the Snake River.

Comments
1 - 20 of 679 Comments Last updated Monday Jul 21
First Prev
of 34
Next Last
Idaho spud

Lewiston, ID

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 23, 2009

Imo, until the authorities release a name as a "person of interest" no one will ever come forward with any leads.

The only leads given by the police is the suspect worked with victim, Steven Pearsol and possibly knew Kristina Nelson when she woked at the theatre.
Anyone know who worked with Steven Pearsol in September of 1981 at the Lewiston Civic Theatre?
Idaho spud

Lewiston, ID

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 23, 2009

I meant 1982, sorry about that.
daltrey

Boise, ID

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 6, 2009

Judged:

Idaho spud wrote:
Imo, until the authorities release a name as a "person of interest" no one will ever come forward with any leads.
The only leads given by the police is the suspect worked with victim, Steven Pearsol and possibly knew Kristina Nelson when she woked at the theatre.
Anyone know who worked with Steven Pearsol in September of 1981 at the Lewiston Civic Theatre?
I firmly beleive 'this person of interest'is responsible for all five the murders attributed to him.
I think the two Civic Theater female victims would have ended up the same way Kristin David did if Pearsol hadnt interupted the killer.
Ive seen indictments handed down for less 'circumstansial' evidence then is avalable in this case.
It is a travesty that this person is walking the streets free.
What is the worst that could happen?
That he would be free to kill again if not convicted?
He already is and has been for 20 odd years and I beleive any woman who crosses his path is in peril.
At least his covers would be pulled.
These victims deserve justice too long in coming.
I cant beleive there hasnt been more community outrage beyond occasional 'Cold Case' retrospectives in the Lewiston Tribune.
Idaho spud

Lewiston, ID

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 11, 2009

I totally agree with you, daltrey!
The police have had close to 30 years to NOT solve these horrible murders.

These murders terrorized the citizens for a long time after them. No one felt safe.
Now we hear an occasional oh, yea, I remember the David murder but I never hear anyone talk of Kristina Nelson, Brandi Miller, Steven Pearsoll or Christina White.
They seem to have been forgotten along with some other equally troubling murders in the Lewis-Clark Valley such as Toni Tedder's murder.

These families all deserve to see justice done for their loved ones.
Idaho spud

Lewiston, ID

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 11, 2009

Also, I doubt Steven Pearsol knew anything about the fate of the girls. He wasn't at the Civic Theatre when the girls MAY have walked by it.
He didn't arrive at the theatre until at least midnight.

I don't believe the girls would have walked to the supermarket that late at night.

No, they disappeared earlier in the evening.

Both supermarkets (Safeways and Albertsons) were below the Civic Theatre.
They would have had to walk out of their way to go to the theatre from where they lived.
More than likely, they were abducted on their walk to or from the market.

The boyfriend of one of the girls saw a note
on the door that indicated the girls had plans of coming back soon to meet him.
They never made it.
Idaho spud

Lewiston, ID

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 14, 2009

Do any of you reading this topic know the man described in the articles as the prime suspect in all of the murders and disappearances?
Mabell

Crescent City, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 14, 2009

daltrey wrote:
<quoted text>I firmly beleive 'this person of interest'is responsible for all five the murders attributed to him.
I think the two Civic Theater female victims would have ended up the same way Kristin David did if Pearsol hadnt interupted the killer.
Ive seen indictments handed down for less 'circumstansial' evidence then is avalable in this case.
It is a travesty that this person is walking the streets free.
What is the worst that could happen?
That he would be free to kill again if not convicted?
He already is and has been for 20 odd years and I beleive any woman who crosses his path is in peril.
At least his covers would be pulled.
These victims deserve justice too long in coming.
I cant beleive there hasnt been more community outrage beyond occasional 'Cold Case' retrospectives in the Lewiston Tribune.
I could not agree with you more. Who is this person of interest. That has been kept secret which if it were known perhaps this would give leads that would help solve this case.
Idaho spud

Lewiston, ID

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 15, 2009

Come on locals, it's time we started speaking out about these murders. They are never going to be solved if we don't speak our outrage that Law Enforcement has hidden the identity of a serial killer from public view.

Do this for the victims and their families who have been kept in the dark for nearly 3 decades.
Idaho spud

Lewiston, ID

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 15, 2009

Judged:

Where was the mother of Chris White's best friend
on April 28, 1979? Was she there when her husband, the "prime suspect," gave Chris a damp towel for her head? Why has she never spoken out
and helped Chris's family obtain justice?

Why won't she?

Could it be because of his involvement in community affairs in the Lewis Clark Valley?

He is the only suspect who had ties to all 5 of the victims. Coincidence? I don't believe that for a nano-second!!!

It is rumored in the Valley that he is also the boater who discovered the dismembered remains of Kristen David in the Snake River near Red Wolf Crossing.

He worked with Steven Pearsol, Kristen David, and knew Kristina Nelson, also.

WHO IS HE??

Stop protecting him and tell the world who this sicko, is!!!!
Mabell

Crescent City, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 15, 2009

Judged:

A long time employee of the Lewiston Civic Theater who claims that an eccentric friend of hers was question several times regarding the murders.
Idaho spud

Lewiston, ID

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 15, 2009

Yes, Good point, mabell. That guy also refused to take a polygraph test and then lawyered up.
Idaho spud

Lewiston, ID

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 15, 2009

Cold case series yields a few new leads

The Associated Press

Published March 02, 2009

LEWISTON, Idaho Law enforcement officials in northern Idaho, Washington and Oregon say a Lewiston Tribune's series on unsolved homicides has led to new tips.

The "Awaiting Justice" series over the last six months profiled 19 cases dating back decades, prompting some agencies to take another look at unsolved cases.

"We've also had leads where people would come up, and give us information that at least they felt might be pertinent at the time - they just never said anything" previously, Latah County Sheriff's Sgt. Earl Aston said.

Aston would not discuss the tips, which involved the death of Hazel Martin of Princeton in 1996 and the disappearance of Gayla Schaper of rural Latah County in 1979.

In neighboring Asotin County, Wash., Randy Martz, a retired police officer from Pullman, Wash., comes twice a week as a volunteer to help give a fresh take on the disappearance of 12-year-old Christina White in April 1979.

"He's been able to go through the file that we have and look at new information and new ideas that we didn't have in the past," Asotin County sheriff's Detective Jackie Nichols said.

Nichols and Martz have started interviewing people in hopes of finding clues that might have been overlooked earlier. They also hope DNA testing not available in 1979 might help solve the case.

"The two of them have been doing a great job on it," Sheriff Ken Bancroft said. "They're still hitting a wall, but at least they're looking."

The Nez Perce County Sheriff's Office is working with police in Portland, Ore., to follow up on a license plate found in northeast Oregon that might be connected to a man whose remains were found in 1982 in the Snake River south of Lewiston.

"I don't know if that's going to be anything," said Sgt. John Hilderbrand. He said a recent review of evidence led police to examine whether the license plate could help identify the man, who was shot twice.

Lewiston Police Capt. Roger Lanier said his agency used a cadaver dog last month in January to search a property for a woman who disappeared in 1976.

Authorities said some tips are repeats of information offered given at the time of the homicides or disappearances and some appear to be intended merely to cause problems for other individuals, but some may prove helpful.

http://www.theolympian.com/northwest/story/77...
Idaho spud

Lewiston, ID

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 15, 2009

Same old double speak! Name the serial killer, Law Enforcement!! Then maybe the cases have a prayer of being solved with leads that may result
in an arrest and trial with justice for the victims and their families!!!
Mabell

Crescent City, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 15, 2009

Judged:

There have been cases where someone is missing such as Christine White and the name of the person to last see them was made know to the public and that the person had been questioned. It helps leads come in. The eccentric friend of the long time employee of Lewiston Civic Theater should have their name be known. If this person has some sort of power or is well known in the community that is just too bad. That does not mean that they are above the law and if they don't have anything to hide then they should have no worries.
special

Lewiston, ID

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 17, 2009

Judged:

i moved to potlatch in 1998 some time after the disaperance of hazel marton being of cerous mind i asked some local people about what had happened to her know one really kenew just that she was missing,a sheet was found by the river than several months later her body was found at white pine..well let me tell you a story several years later i was camping on gold hill and found some things that i have been puzeled about for some time now you see i can get readings off of itams from people or orbs that show me thing like they are trying to tell me something? as i was on gold hill i was walking around exploring and this bright orb came in the sun light and was flying around me as o walked if i was headed in the wrong direction that it didnt want me to go things would turn dark anyway i had found an ladys old night gown,braken tea cup,medican cabnet with an old flip handle razor shaving cup with brush and an suit jacket it seamed really strange to me to see these things in the woods buriedsome what just of the side of the road that in time slowly uncovered their selves as i touched the iteams i felt what i now do with all my heart knw how hazel felt at the time her fate happened its hard to explane the wormth of her hart kind and forgiving as for a few short moments she came to me in spiret trying to tell me what happened i seen this in my mind as real as it gets but when i saw the person who did this to her i was in disbelife scared i never told anyone about this mainly because people like me are looked at as crazy but crazy i am not this isnt the only time orbs had came to me they came to me any place or any time they wanted me to help some times 6 at once i did draw some pitchers of them when they let and trusted me to let me see what they looked like usually from the sholers up and save them for years alot of them i later found in old books of history of time scary but special having this special way about me i started keeping visions in side and had to move from potlatch i know im not crazy but blesed with a very special gift
Idaho spud

Lewiston, ID

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 17, 2009

Your post is very interesting, special.

I'm not at all psychic.
Mabell

Crescent City, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 17, 2009

What did you do with the items that you found ? So the orbs have taken you to other places and have you found other items ?
Idaho spud

Lewiston, ID

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 17, 2009

Judged:

How many of us in the Lewis-Clark Valley would
volunteer to form a search team to scour the remote mountains for Christina White?

I would volunteer. I believe the case is solvable, it will just take a good amount
of searching.
Please --- For John David

Longview, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 2, 2009

Judged:

In regards to John David, Kristin David's dad, you could not find a nicer, kinder, more generous or caring man!
When he told me about his daughter and then I read about it, my heart just sank. I could not believe that such a wonderful person has had to endure such pain.
For John's sake, I hope and pray it will be solved. To know that he carries this burden within, to me, is absolutely heartbreaking.
So, if anyone knows anything, PLEASE say it. Even if you do it anonymously. Sometimes it's the small things that one thinks doesn't mean anything that can make a case. No matter how trivial, you never know because if put with other information the police have, it could be connected.
He who did this does not deserve to walk free among the living while he has caused so many people such deep pain and grief because of the lives he stole.
Please... for John's sake. Give this wonderful man some inner peace.
Mabell

Crescent City, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 4, 2009

Judged:

Law enforment has a suspect in these 5 cases and he deserves to pay for the crimes that he did. He has probably caused other families grief in the 30 years that he has been able to walk around free. I don't know how someone could sleep at night much less look at themselves in the mirror and know they might have information that could bring closure to the families of the victims. Step forward and do the right thing.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

First Prev
of 34
Next Last
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Colton Discussions

Search the Colton Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
WA Who do you support for U.S. Senate in Washingto... (Oct '10) Jul 22 EasyEed 710
Dave Wilson for Congress Jul 16 Karen Larsen 1
Debate: Gay Marriage - Pullman, WA (Jan '12) May '14 Mickey 58
Lewiston-Clarkston Valley's dollar venue closed Apr '14 Tari Guertin 1
Debate: Marijuana - Clarkston, WA (Sep '10) Mar '14 Butterfly 40
brett kasbauer (Oct '13) Feb '14 2all 4
Rachel Anderson still missing in Eastern Washin... (Apr '10) Feb '14 2all 7
•••

Fire Warning for Whitman County was issued at July 31 at 9:56PM PDT

•••
•••
•••
•••