Hit-and-run accident in Rancho Cucamonga kills cyclist

Full story: Inland Valley Daily Bulletin

A 19-year-old Nebraska cyclist died Friday evening after being run down in a hit-and-run accident earlier in the day, the San Bernardino County Sheriff's Department said.
Comments
1 - 20 of 115 Comments Last updated Sep 1, 2010
First Prev
of 6
Next Last
Just Another Day

Ontario, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 26, 2008

Judged:

How disgusting to hit (Kill) a person riding a bike, then get out of your car (with your young daughter), do nothing to help, then simply get back in your car and leave. I'll bet any amount of money she was illegal and didn't want to get sent back to Mexico!

Will we ever be able to do something about these heartless, free-loading, dirt bags that contribute nothing and take all? Some poor family is receiing the most tragic news of their lives and the dirtbag illegal that killed this man is probably laughing knowing even if she is caught, nothing will be done. She'll pop out 10 more kids and never give what she did a second thought!
lol

Rancho Cucamonga, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 26, 2008

I like how you turn an article about a tragic criminal act into a personal soapbox to disseminate your narrow minded views. You know nothing of the circumstances of this accident other than what is stated in the article, and yet you immediately conclude that it was a "dirtbag illegal". Idiot.
Bill

Bloomington, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 26, 2008

lol wrote:
I like how you turn an article about a tragic criminal act into a personal soapbox to disseminate your narrow minded views. You know nothing of the circumstances of this accident other than what is stated in the article, and yet you immediately conclude that it was a "dirtbag illegal". Idiot.
Wow, and you call the other narrow minded?
You have lot of nerve. Listen it is a crime a FELONY to hit and run no matter how you look at it!
Now saying that the woman with a kid shows she has no regard for anyone let alone her own kid if it was hers!
I hope they catch her and she is charged for it. There is no excuses to leave the scene no matter what. Excuses are like ...... everyone has one!
And you posting to this shows you either know the person who did it or you are that person!
lol

Rancho Cucamonga, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 26, 2008

Duh...did you even read what I wrote? I said it was a tragic criminal act. NOT a tragic accident. Please read (and attempt to comprehend) before you comment next time.

I hope they arrest her too, obviously. My comment was merely an observation that people love to jump to conclusions, even though we know few details. Contrary to popular belief, not all people of Latin descent are illegal immigrants.

I don't really see how mentioning that people should not jump to racially-motivated conclusions makes me narrow minded. Your argument is not very convincing.

Do you honestly think the person responsible for murdering someone would be making comments about it online?
susie

Brea, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 26, 2008

wow. great values she is passing on to her child there.
goose

Riverside, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 26, 2008

brown skin can be latina,native american,islander,middle eastern you people jump to conclusions on your attacks that everything is to blame on the illegals.it seems its all you have left.
Bill

Bloomington, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 26, 2008

lol wrote:
Duh...did you even read what I wrote? I said it was a tragic criminal act. NOT a tragic accident. Please read (and attempt to comprehend) before you comment next time.
I hope they arrest her too, obviously. My comment was merely an observation that people love to jump to conclusions, even though we know few details. Contrary to popular belief, not all people of Latin descent are illegal immigrants.
I don't really see how mentioning that people should not jump to racially-motivated conclusions makes me narrow minded. Your argument is not very convincing.
Do you honestly think the person responsible for murdering someone would be making comments about it online?
In this day and age they do it already unfortunately. Some have went to the point of posting their crimes online. Shows people today can careless what happens who they hurt ect. It is sad.
Lisa Kearney Ne

Kearney, NE

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 26, 2008

This is my co-workers son. I hope that whomever saw this accident and had the desription of the car and the woman and child will come forth with all information that they have. How could anyone hit someone, get out and see him dying and get back in the car and take off. No one was called for help, she just left. She will pay for this the rest of her life if she does not come forward now. If she doesn't they will find her and get her really good for leaving him there dying. This is MURDER.
Yes on 8

Rancho Cucamonga, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 26, 2008

I'm positive it's a frigging illegal. No D.L. , no insurance...... I'm sure that's why she fled. She'll get her's.
What a joke

Rancho Cucamonga, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 26, 2008

Rather she is an illegal or not or no DL or no insurance that's all aeralavent and shouldn't matter. NO ONE SHOULD EVER JUST LEAVE A PERSON THEIR TO DIE. An as for the child she shouldn't of even been out of the car why in the world would a person let their kid see something like that this world has come to heartless act's and no moralls in family's any more. I hope this person is charged with MURDER . An hopefully her child will be given better parenting.
r u serious

Pleasanton, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 26, 2008

It is interesting to me how some people assume that just because someone looks Latino or has a Latino surname he/she is automatically Mexican. Please don't be ignorant. Mexican is not a race it is a nationality. There are Caucasian, Asian, African, and even Arab Mexicans. In fact, the richest man in Latin America is a Lebanese Mexican (Carlos Slim). From your comments I can only assume you are a conservative protestant republican. Eventhough, I share many conservative beliefs it is this type of racism that keeps me, a Mexican American,away from ever becoming a republican.
Thetruthhurts

Upland, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 26, 2008

It's funny how the Latinos go to bat for and defend one another on here, even when they know they're in the wrong.
Jack

Baldwin Park, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 27, 2008

"I'm positive it's a frigging illegal. No D.L., no insurance...... I'm sure that's why she fled. She'll get her's."

She probably won't get hers. If she's caught, she'll claim he swerved in front of her. If she even gets tried for hit-and-run, she'll walk away with six months, and then only serve a third of it. People commit murder with their cars all the time and hardly anyone takes notice.
Just Another Day

AOL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 27, 2008

Your right "LOL" my comments might have come off as if I was on a soap box, for that I apologize... that wasn't my intent!

I will however stick to my conclusion tht this individual was here illegally, why else would she not call for help, and then on top on everything else run from the scene... leaving a poor person to lay dying in the street.

If you have no reason to hide, thn you have no reason to run... and my experience is the vast majority of folks that run from a crime scene are either drunk or illegal.

Since it was in the morning, she had a child in the car, and she was described as Latina I concluded she was probably illegal... I hope I'm wrong, but either way they need to catch this KILLER and issue her the highest/strongest penalty!!
the truth

Guasti, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 27, 2008

Humm..... Happened on Sixth Street near Utica gray 1990s Honda Accord, The driver is DESCRIBED as a Latina in her mid-20s with a thin build and long black hair that was pulled back in a bun...IF that doesn't scream Mexican, I dont know what does. The clues are all there...The area it happened (mexican area), the car (a favorite of mexicans) the description (described a mexican cow to a "t") Only a dirty, moral-less illegal would do this...
local resident

Rancho Cucamonga, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 27, 2008

I can understand there's frustration spreading to both sides. But instead of throwing in the race game, let's all give the respect to the family under these difficult time. Hopefully the police will catch the individual whether illegal or not or "mexican" or not and hand out the maximum punishment for her action.
from nebraska

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 27, 2008

What a tragic event that has occurred. Please keep in mind this is someones son, this 19 year old has friends and family that will be grieving over their loss. May the police find and procescute the driver of the vehicle that ended his life.
Yoda

Anaheim, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 27, 2008

Tragic hit and run.... If she is illegal, they will most likely send her back so she and her kid can take "Zebra" pictures of tourists and sell chicle until they earn enough denero to pay a coyote to sneak their illegal behinds back to mooch off of our system again! Build the fence!!!
former Upland resident

Corona, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 27, 2008

Since she was turning on Utica, maybe she lives in that area or knows someone in that area. Man, I hope that someone will come forward with information. I HOPE the little girl says SOMETHING to SOMEONE. The driver needs to know how bad of a crime this is and gets punished to the fullest extent. I am sure shes trying to find some sort of excuse as to why she left the scene. She'll probably plead insanity or something. Is something wrong with me? I feel bad if I kill a spider or a cricket....

My prayers to the family...
jack meoff

Rancho Cucamonga, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 27, 2008

Judged:

my roomate has no licencse, no insurance , 3 dui's and guess what? he's White!! you stupid morons!!!

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

First Prev
of 6
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Colton Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
UCLA FOOTBALL NOTEBOOK: Neuheisel says Prince w... (Sep '10) 15 min anonymous 26,972
CA Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex ma... (Aug '10) 1 hr parmar gangaram 200,601
CA California seeks to ban free, single-use carryo... (Jun '10) 3 hr standing ground 4,979
CA California Proposition 19: the Marijuana Legali... (Oct '10) 3 hr marching banded 15,931
Colton "Ski Land" (Aug '08) 16 hr Terry N 5
Review: Western Industrial Equipment Movers Inc. (Dec '13) 22 hr Jesus RamirIez 2
Debate: Ferguson - San Bernardino, CA Aug 19 jay 1

Search the Colton Forum:
•••

Colton News Video

•••
Colton Dating

more search filters

less search filters

•••

Colton Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000