United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 4, 2010

Judged:

Anybody know anything about Shawn Daugherty's arrest this morning? I'd have to assume it was for drugs and Good job CB police!!
VETNAM 2

Falls Church, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 4, 2010

Judged:

cbmom wrote:
Anybody know anything about Shawn Daugherty's arrest this morning? I'd have to assume it was for drugs and Good job CB police!!
cbmom.....

While I may think that drug busts in general are good for the Town, I also think it is very uncool to mention someone's name on this forum for an ALLEGED misdeed. I don't think you would like to have this kind of information (or misinformation) spread about you or one of yours on a public forum. Once there has been a conviction it is them a matter of public record. Until then, I prefer to go by one of my basic principles that LOOSE LIPS SINK SHIPS!
VETNAM 2

Falls Church, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 4, 2010

Judged:

cbmom wrote:
ASS/U/ME is the key word here, isn't it?
Jeannie

King George, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 5, 2010

Judged:

VETNAM 2 wrote:
<quoted text>
cbmom.....
While I may think that drug busts in general are good for the Town, I also think it is very uncool to mention someone's name on this forum for an ALLEGED misdeed. I don't think you would like to have this kind of information (or misinformation) spread about you or one of yours on a public forum. Once there has been a conviction it is them a matter of public record. Until then, I prefer to go by one of my basic principles that LOOSE LIPS SINK SHIPS!
Arrested were:

Jessica Elizabeth Hatton, 27, on charges of distribution of prescription narcotics and marijuana, child endangerment and conspiracy.

Kelvin Antonio Thompson, 26, distribution of marijuana and conspiracy.

Andrew Armstrong, 27, distribution of prescription narcotics and conspiracy.

Shaw Kyle Daugherty, 33, distribution of heroin.

David Shane Arrington, 24, distribution of crack cocaine and marijuana and conspiracy.

Davis Edward Arrington, 43, distribution of crack cocaine and conspiracy.

James Edward Myers, 47, distribution of marijuana.

Roy Lee Allison Jr., 45, distribution of PCP.

Davon Gaston Hines, 19, possession of marijuana.

From the Free Lance Star 6/5/2010
comehere

Orange, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 5, 2010

Judged:

VETNAM 2 wrote:
<quoted text>
Assumption Made!!... He WAS arrested for Distribution of Heroin.... Don't know him or care to know him however I'm glad he's off the streets... The story is in the FLS this morning and names are mentioned, as they should be!!

“We Should Worry!”

Since: Dec 08

Colonial Beach

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 5, 2010

Judged:

comehere wrote:
<quoted text>
Assumption Made!!... He WAS arrested for Distribution of Heroin.... Don't know him or care to know him however I'm glad he's off the streets... The story is in the FLS this morning and names are mentioned, as they should be!!
However, arrested is NOT a CONVICTION.
proud pond scum

Tappahannock, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 5, 2010

Judged:

The two Arrington's, is that father and son? Talk about learning the family business.
comehere

Orange, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 6, 2010

Judged:

Babbit Ishkabibble wrote:
<quoted text>
However, arrested is NOT a CONVICTION.
So do you "think" he's innocent??.... Kinda hard to get arrested for "Distribution of Heroin" and there not be enough evidence to convict them??... If he has "anything" to do with heroin he NEEDS to be off the streets, not only to protect the community but also to hopefully help himself!!..... Heroin, PCP, Coke and Crack are "Life" drugs, meaning they "RUIN ALL LIVES".... People can beat this crap however you have to Really want to....
CB Resd

King George, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 6, 2010

Judged:

proud pond scum wrote:
The two Arrington's, is that father and son? Talk about learning the family business.
and between the two of them there might be enough brain cells to make one working brain.
cbmom

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 7, 2010

Judged:

VETNAM 2 wrote:
<quoted text>
It amazes me what people will protect. Yes, he was arrested for distributing heroin on the streets on Colonial Beach. Oh and before I asked I did a little research to find out it was drugs. I just wanted to know the charges. Oh and he's been convicted before on drug charges.

Great Job CBPD!!!!!
VETNAM 2

Falls Church, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 7, 2010

Judged:

cbmom wrote:
<quoted text>
It amazes me what people will protect. Yes, he was arrested for distributing heroin on the streets on Colonial Beach. Oh and before I asked I did a little research to find out it was drugs. I just wanted to know the charges. Oh and he's been convicted before on drug charges.
Great Job CBPD!!!!!
cbmom.....

You are right. There are things that I have protected and defended in the past and hopefully will continue to protect and defend for the rest of my years. One of those things is the right to a fair trial. How about the kid in D.C. that was arrested for his part in the drive-by shootings? He was practically convicted in the press, had a previous record, threw his hands up in surrender when arrested, etc., etc., etc. Then it turns out he wasn't even present at the drive-by shooting, he was at a school function.

I'm not defending criminals, I just don't appreciate you singling out a person by posting his name in a public forum that is prone to run rampant with rumors by its' very nature.

Also, in my opinion, I think you may talk out of both sides of your mouth. If you "did a little research" to find out if it was drugs, then you already had the answer to your question before you asked it. Then, that means your question on the forum had no purpose but to put somebody's name out there strictly out of meanness. Shame on you.

Even Realtors and lawyers have a code of ethics that dictates they don't release certain information until AFTER it becomes a matter of public record.

I stand by my original comment.

And yes, good job CBPD.

“We Should Worry!”

Colonial Beach

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 7, 2010

Judged:

comehere wrote:
<quoted text>So do you "think" he's innocent??.... Kinda hard to get arrested for "Distribution of Heroin" and there not be enough evidence to convict them??... If he has "anything" to do with heroin he NEEDS to be off the streets, not only to protect the community but also to hopefully help himself!!..... Heroin, PCP, Coke and Crack are "Life" drugs, meaning they "RUIN ALL LIVES".... People can beat this crap however you have to Really want to....
Where on EARTH did you Read into what I wrote that he was innocent? I made a simple statement - arrest is NOT a conviction.
Anonymous

King George, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 7, 2010

Judged:

Babbit Ishkabibble wrote:
<quoted text>
Where on EARTH did you Read into what I wrote that he was innocent? I made a simple statement - arrest is NOT a conviction.
Sounds like you are his lawyer. You need to relax a little.

“We Should Worry!”

Colonial Beach

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 8, 2010

Judged:

CBdad wrote:
<quoted text>Sounds like you are his lawyer. You need to relax a little.
No quite the opposite and READING INTO and making ASSUMPTIONS of what I have written, is just OUT THERE. If he gets convicted, fine, but I've seen too many [ancient as I am] arrests that end up dwindling to nothing after these SCUMBAGS get a good cheeseweasel. PLEASE DO NOT READ anything into my statements other than what I have written. and if I had a law degree, doya think I'd be sitting me butt here on topix?
lisa

Fredericksburg, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 18, 2010

Judged:

shawn was arrested but for everyone's info there were no drugs in the house, on him, and it's easy to be arrested if someone is trying to get out of trouble and it takes only 2 snitches to get an indictment. how about saying "innocent until proven guilty" which is the opposite of what it is.thnxvetman because shawn cleaned up back in 1998 so i hope this satisfies everyone's curiosity. notice he has only one charge and heroin was not on the indictment, only the paper. they can't even figure out what to charge him with... schedule 1 or schedule 2 so lets wait and see, shall we? Yes, I was in his house the morning of the arrest and I know what I'm talking about. my husband is NOT a scumbag and because he had a drug problem 12 years ago, everyone makes mistakes...this isn't one of them but we're suffering for it...him, me, our beautiful daughter.

“Down Home Country Blues”

Since: Dec 09

Colonial Beach and Wash DC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 18, 2010

Judged:

Ding, Ding, Ding, Spoof alert!

Since: Jun 10

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 21, 2010

Judged:

Ding, Ding, Ding, Spoof alert!
lisa

Richmond, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 22, 2010

Judged:

I guess it's been too long in everyone else's life for anyone to respond or care anymore except us... He's still denied bail and that's what I meant by "guilty until proven innocent." Anyone out there giving kids (or anyone) drugs belongs behind bars, but cbmom and dad, you seem awfully interested in our lives. If you know us, come talk to me or at least respond on here and hide behind your screenname. All anyone cares to do now is "judge it" and I'd love to know what they disagree with, the facts? or the fact that his audacious wife who spends all her time with her family would defend him. I'm telling you there were NO drugs... Who's even heard about heroin in Colonial Beach? I'm sure it's around but pot seems to be the bees knees around the beach. I just don't understand the interest in my husband. Come see me. I'm by the gun, as you probably already know. And as far as "ding ding spoof"... sorry, I don't get it. I'm me and I'm not ashamed or hiding or pretending, or whatever that was. Maybe it wasn't directed at me. Dejected at this point. Everyone looks at me weird, God knows what my little one hears... I just wish the commonwealth would honor the constitution, with right to bond and a quick and speedy trial.

“Down Home Country Blues”

Since: Dec 09

Colonial Beach and Wash DC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 22, 2010

lisa wrote:
And as far as "ding ding spoof"... sorry, I don't get it. I'm me and I'm not ashamed or hiding or pretending, or whatever that was. Maybe it wasn't directed at me. Dejected at this point. Everyone looks at me weird, God knows what my little one hears... I just wish the commonwealth would honor the constitution, with right to bond and a quick and speedy trial.
Something has changed since you posted the disjointed post I 'dinged". Read it, it baffeled me and that is hard to do. This one came across completly different.
You need a lawyer, since your statements in post 1 said they could not figure what to charge him with. He's in jail and charged now, which determines his right to bail. The clock for a speedy trial should have started with his arrest. Get with a PD or private lawyer and find out what the story is. Your family and friends will become appearent during this time. You have 2 matched sets now, lookie loos and gossips are set 2.
GUNNER

Vienna, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 22, 2010

Judged:

WTCSRET wrote:
<quoted text>
Something has changed since you posted the disjointed post I 'dinged". Read it, it baffeled me and that is hard to do. This one came across completly different.
You need a lawyer, since your statements in post 1 said they could not figure what to charge him with. He's in jail and charged now, which determines his right to bail. The clock for a speedy trial should have started with his arrest. Get with a PD or private lawyer and find out what the story is. Your family and friends will become appearent during this time. You have 2 matched sets now, lookie loos and gossips are set 2.
No offense intended WTCSRET, but I think alot of people reading some of your posts would be of the opinion that you calling someone else's post "disjointed" is a little like "the pot calling the kettle black" as the saying goes.
And the part about this one coming across completely different sounds like it has some of the elements of a General McChrystal apology.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

48 Users are viewing the Colonial Beach Forum right now

Search the Colonial Beach Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
Kelseas Kitchen 3 hr Bubble Guts 1
E-Coli in drinking water 4 hr wtcsret 58
Lawn Sprinklers (Jun '11) 4 hr wtcsret 8
Town Schools 4 hr Not Really 109
Potomac Renaissance vs. St. John's 8 hr King George Girl 16
Chief Legg 9 hr East coast builder 42
WTVR news from CBVA 9 hr DAH 3
Papa johns 21 hr Ray 24
•••