Ill. House Approves Legalizing Same-Sex Civil Unions

Nov 30, 2010 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: CBS2

The Illinois House has approved a measure to legalize civil unions for same-sex couples.

Comments (Page 1,414)

Showing posts 28,261 - 28,280 of47,070
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Mona Lott

Hoboken, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 13, 2012

Nasty wrote:
When your gay you are not born that way, you choose to be that way. Why is there a constant need to place blame elsewhere with your choice to be gay? Are you ashamed of what your choice was?
What does choice have to do with marriage eligibilty?

Since: May 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 13, 2012

KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
You or I can think what we want. That doesn't change the facts. You have done nothing to address those, only confirming your denial.
What difference does it make. Defect or not, can you change or fix it? No? So should we just live the rest of our lives without having any relationships then? Is that what you are proposing? What identifiable harm is there to SSM?

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 13, 2012

Nasty wrote:
When your gay you are not born that way, you choose to be that way. Why is there a constant need to place blame elsewhere with your choice to be gay? Are you ashamed of what your choice was?
Gee that's funny, when I tried to choose being straight it still didn't make guys any more attractive to me. Explain how I am suppose to force that.

“Free your mind”

Since: Dec 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 13, 2012

Judged:

Nasty wrote:
Being gay is NOT a choice. When I was 11 and found myself attracted to girls instead of guys how was that a choice? I fought against my attraction to girls most of my life, even been married twice and have 3 children... but the whole time I was wanting to be with a woman, not with a man.

Tell me, oh wise one, why would someone choose to be gay? Gays are second class citizens here in the US... we are discriminated against, called names, bullied, beat up, and even murdered. Why would someone choose that???

“Free your mind”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 13, 2012

Mockababy wrote:
<quoted text>
What difference does it make. Defect or not, can you change or fix it? No? So should we just live the rest of our lives without having any relationships then? Is that what you are proposing? What identifiable harm is there to SSM?
He is suggesting that we have only heterosexual relationships and hide our "defect"...

“Free your mind”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 13, 2012

Judged:

KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
You or I can think what we want. That doesn't change the facts. You have done nothing to address those, only confirming your denial.
Ok, let's play a scenario here... Let's say that being gay is a defect. If it is, then why discriminate against gays? People with defects get married every day. Dwarves get married, theirs is clearly a genetic defect. I have seen 2 people with Downes Syndrome get married, theirs is clearly a genetic defect. I have seen people who were previously circus freaks (and I mean that was their job) get married, they clearly have defects. Why should all of the others with their obvious defects be allowed to get married, and gays are discriminated against?? If gays aren't allowed to get married then all of those others who are "defective" shouldn't be allowed to marry either according to your reasoning.

“Free your mind”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 13, 2012

Judged:

Oh, and to add to my last post, KiMare dear, that means you shouldn't be allowed to get married either, because you have stated that you are a chimera and therefore YOU are "defective" too. Are you married?

“KiMare'a the Monster Mutation”

Since: Nov 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 13, 2012

Judged:

Mockababy wrote:
<quoted text>
Denial is always a problem for the person and those around them. It is like pretending you don't have a infectious disease. The best thing for everyone is to fully face reality and go from there.

Yes, reality has some bitter pills to swallow. But not near what denial does. You have a good idea what they are with reality, while denial blind-sides you.

Then you have the additional issues that are forced to be caught up to support denial. Marriage is a good example of that. Marriage in all of human history has always represented a unique relationship. One that is the birth place of every single other relationship. Gay unions birth nothing. The only identity is two people. The question is not, what affect, but do gay unions qualify to identify with marriage.

However, you are insinuating that adding gay unions will only have positive affects on a historical change of unprecedented social change. Does that seriously sound realistic to you?

Of course I am not asserting that gays should have no relationships. That is simply silly. Nor am I saying they don't have legitimate rights. I am saying marriage is not one of them.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 13, 2012

TXgurl wrote:
<quoted text>
He is suggesting that we have only heterosexual relationships and hide our "defect"...
Where did I suggest either one of those things?

The first accusation is beyond silly stupid.

The second is exactly opposite what I have been saying. Your response either exposes you as a liar or someone with a serious comprehension problem.
Mona Lott

Hoboken, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 13, 2012

Judged:

KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
Denial is always a problem for the person and those around them. It is like pretending you don't have a infectious disease. The best thing for everyone is to fully face reality and go from there.
Yes, reality has some bitter pills to swallow. But not near what denial does. You have a good idea what they are with reality, while denial blind-sides you.
Then you have the additional issues that are forced to be caught up to support denial. Marriage is a good example of that. Marriage in all of human history has always represented a unique relationship. One that is the birth place of every single other relationship. Gay unions birth nothing. The only identity is two people. The question is not, what affect, but do gay unions qualify to identify with marriage.
However, you are insinuating that adding gay unions will only have positive affects on a historical change of unprecedented social change. Does that seriously sound realistic to you?
Of course I am not asserting that gays should have no relationships. That is simply silly. Nor am I saying they don't have legitimate rights. I am saying marriage is not one of them.
Geez...... I bet that law school you went to was in the Phillipines.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 13, 2012

KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
I love how you think you have such insight into our "denial". Denial was trying to be straight and being miserable. Even if I were to stop being in denial that I have a defect as you put it, that doesn't change a damn thing, how would admitting it change my life in the least?

"All of human history" is also irrelvant. Appealing to tradition is a fallacy. Most of human history is beyond brutal and ignorant and perverse, it's a ridiculous thing to appeal to.

So we have the right to have relationships but not to have those relationships protected under law? You see marriage from a religious traditional standpoint apparently but for many marriage is nothing more than a legal contract. A very important one when it comes to your partner being in the hospital or dying or their children. Your sentiments about marriage are irrelevant.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 13, 2012

TXgurl wrote:
<quoted text>
Ok, let's play a scenario here... Let's say that being gay is a defect. If it is, then why discriminate against gays? People with defects get married every day. Dwarves get married, theirs is clearly a genetic defect. I have seen 2 people with Downes Syndrome get married, theirs is clearly a genetic defect. I have seen people who were previously circus freaks (and I mean that was their job) get married, they clearly have defects. Why should all of the others with their obvious defects be allowed to get married, and gays are discriminated against?? If gays aren't allowed to get married then all of those others who are "defective" shouldn't be allowed to marry either according to your reasoning.
There is no discrimination. Marriage has never been a right for members of the same sex. In all the cases you mention, opposite sex has been the determining qualification for marriage. All of the genetic defects you list are apart from the identity of marriage. You are demanding that a defect that distorts the core identity of marriage be equated with marriage. It is nothing more than a forced imposing of a imposter relationship on the foundational relationship of society. Gays still have every right to pursue appropriate rights for civil unions.

It is one thing to admit you have a genetic disorder. It is another thing to respond realistically to the consequences of that disorder. You are claiming it is maybe a difference, and with no real distinctive impacts. Very close to pure denial.

I have three nipples. I don't hate myself for it, I had no choice in the matter. I have faced numerous consequences through my life because of that (as you can imagine). I have never pretended that is normal. Some consequences have been painful emotionally and physically. But my responses have made me a strikingly unique person in numerous good and positive ways exactly because of my 'defects'.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 13, 2012

Mockababy wrote:
<quoted text>
I love how you think you have such insight into our "denial". Denial was trying to be straight and being miserable. Even if I were to stop being in denial that I have a defect as you put it, that doesn't change a damn thing, how would admitting it change my life in the least?
"All of human history" is also irrelvant. Appealing to tradition is a fallacy. Most of human history is beyond brutal and ignorant and perverse, it's a ridiculous thing to appeal to.
So we have the right to have relationships but not to have those relationships protected under law? You see marriage from a religious traditional standpoint apparently but for many marriage is nothing more than a legal contract. A very important one when it comes to your partner being in the hospital or dying or their children. Your sentiments about marriage are irrelevant.
I am a genetic chimera (hence my post handle). Look it up. Specifically, a very unique triple chimera. A hermaphrodite lesbian trapped in a straight man's body. So, yes I identify with a lesbian, transgendered straight people's denial. You do not compete in any way shape or form!

Pair bonding is called marriage among human animals. It crosses into every single culture where 'traditions' exist. Hardly tradition, more like natural nature.

Never have I asserted gays don't have rights and protections. Why would you assert such a thing? Civil unions are a legitimate option. Marriage is not.

Furthermore, I have never used religion as a basis for my opposition.

It is apparent from your responses that you are terminally affected with denial.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 13, 2012

KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
There is no discrimination. Marriage has never been a right for members of the same sex. In all the cases you mention, opposite sex has been the determining qualification for marriage. All of the genetic defects you list are apart from the identity of marriage. You are demanding that a defect that distorts the core identity of marriage be equated with marriage. It is nothing more than a forced imposing of a imposter relationship on the foundational relationship of society. Gays still have every right to pursue appropriate rights for civil unions.
It is one thing to admit you have a genetic disorder. It is another thing to respond realistically to the consequences of that disorder. You are claiming it is maybe a difference, and with no real distinctive impacts. Very close to pure denial.
I have three nipples. I don't hate myself for it, I had no choice in the matter. I have faced numerous consequences through my life because of that (as you can imagine). I have never pretended that is normal. Some consequences have been painful emotionally and physically. But my responses have made me a strikingly unique person in numerous good and positive ways exactly because of my 'defects'.
The "core identity of marriage" has changed many times over throughout history. You people just have a bazaar sentimental attachment to the most recent incarnation.

Since: Feb 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 13, 2012

Judged:

Mockababy wrote:
<quoted text>
Gee that's funny, when I tried to choose being straight it still didn't make guys any more attractive to me. Explain how I am suppose to force that.
You lesbians are hilarious most of your relationships one of you is butch the other is lipstick and you use sex toys that are modeled after a man can you explain this if your not turned on by men

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 13, 2012

Judged:

KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
I am a genetic chimera (hence my post handle). Look it up. Specifically, a very unique triple chimera. A hermaphrodite lesbian trapped in a straight man's body. So, yes I identify with a lesbian, transgendered straight people's denial. You do not compete in any way shape or form!
Pair bonding is called marriage among human animals. It crosses into every single culture where 'traditions' exist. Hardly tradition, more like natural nature.
Never have I asserted gays don't have rights and protections. Why would you assert such a thing? Civil unions are a legitimate option. Marriage is not.
It is apparent from your responses that you are terminally affected with denial.
The only thing I am in denial of apparently is that it's a defect, which you have yet to prove. My being in denial is therefore merely your opinion.

If civil unions were to gain all the rights and protections marriage provides why call them something different. The only reason people have given is their sentimental attachment to the word. There is NO good reason to have two seperate things.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 13, 2012

Judged:

robot chicken wrote:
<quoted text>You lesbians are hilarious most of your relationships one of you is butch the other is lipstick and you use sex toys that are modeled after a man can you explain this if your not turned on by men
Are you seriously this stupid?

“Marriage equality for all”

Since: Jul 07

Illinois

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 13, 2012

KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
Pair bonding is called marriage among human animals. It crosses into every single culture where 'traditioki Ins' exist. Hardly tradition, more like natural nature.
We got it already, you're the biggest f'n freak in the room. Congratulations. In the meantime you haven't proven jack shit. You've just expressed your opinions.
Ain't nobody gonna jump on your denial train, so enjoy the lonely ride.

“Free your mind”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 13, 2012

robot chicken wrote:
<quoted text>You lesbians are hilarious most of your relationships one of you is butch the other is lipstick and you use sex toys that are modeled after a man can you explain this if your not turned on by men
I don't know where you get your information from, but I know a lot of lesbians, and there are different types of couples. I have seen what you talked about, a butch and a femme... but I have also seen 2 femmes together and 2 butches together. It isn't about one of them trying to be a man. The thought of a penis disgusts me. And, for your information, fingers work just fine... don't need toys.

Since: Feb 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 13, 2012

robot chicken wrote:
Are you for real? If we were turned on by men then why wouldn't we just go after men? Not all lesbians use sex toys. And are you implying the only significant thing between doing a girl and a guy is the presence of a penis? Really? The ONLY thing that attracts you to girls are their sexual organs? Nothing else about them at all that makes you more attracted to them than men? I find this difficult to believe.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 28,261 - 28,280 of47,070
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Collinsville Discussions

Search the Collinsville Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
IL Who do you support for Governor in Illinois in ... (Oct '10) 11 min jimtownhounddogsniffing 3,782
The St.Louis Police Dept New Choke Hold / Femal... 2 hr Bernie_Boy 2
Will Madison County enterprise zone get extension? 4 hr Beach Boy 1
Should we give 100 million dollars for an Obama... 4 hr BJ Brenda 5
Big fight near Belleville leads to stabbing; wo... 17 hr Curious George 2
IL Who do you support for U.S. Senate in Illinois ... (Oct '10) 17 hr jimtownhounddogsniffing 6,537
Belleville Female Stalkers 23 hr Survey 1
•••
•••
•••
Collinsville Dating

more search filters

less search filters

•••

Collinsville Jobs

•••
•••
•••